Subject: "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Goraldain Brightspray the Audaciou..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #124998
Show all folders

Death_AngelSun 19-Jul-15 03:15 PM
Member since 24th Sep 2024
17179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#124998, "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Goraldain Brightspray the Audacious Purifier of the Wicked"

Sun Jul 19 15:12:36 2015

At 4 o'clock AM, Day of the Great Gods, 26th of the Month of the Grand Struggle
on the Theran calendar Goraldain perished, never to return.

Race:storm
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:189

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply We didn't interact much, Gromm (Anonymous), 21-Jul-15 03:52 AM, #6
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Goraldain Brightspray the Auda..., Kregan (Anonymous), 20-Jul-15 06:07 PM, #3
Reply Huh? Didn't you just get leaderified?, incognito, 19-Jul-15 11:52 PM, #1
     Reply Yeah, I did, then lost it per my own fault..., Treebeard, 20-Jul-15 11:52 AM, #2
          Reply Had fun running with you too the few raids we did. n/t, Perpetual_Noob, 20-Jul-15 06:33 PM, #4
          Reply Really liked this character, Rayihn, 20-Jul-15 06:43 PM, #5
               Reply Thanks so much for the kind words, Treebeard, 21-Jul-15 12:53 PM, #7

Gromm (Anonymous)Tue 21-Jul-15 03:52 AM
Charter member
#125027, "We didn't interact much"
In response to Reply #0

And most of it was me telling you where our mutual enemies were so that I wouldn't have to fight them alone.

We didn't fight much as well, because I didn't like the charge set But that time when I disarmed your Thunderlance - I laughed a lot. GLWYN stealth character.

Kregan (Anonymous)Mon 20-Jul-15 06:07 PM
Charter member
#125019, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Goraldain Brightspray the Auda..."
In response to Reply #0

Man you were tough. The first time I fought you (On the ocean) I could not figure out why you were getting all these attacks on me when I was handling stuff. I had to ask IC what the hell was going on and then figured out you had three legacies.

After that I managed to get a pretty solid method down for dealing with you but it was still tough. I was hoping to fight you again as I got older and learnt a few more things but our times never meshed again. But reading the farewell fairly explained, hope you are enjoying the next char.

incognitoSun 19-Jul-15 11:52 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#125012, "Huh? Didn't you just get leaderified?"
In response to Reply #0

I liked what little I saw of you. You seemed to hunt solo and be pretty tough, and blessedly free of the smack talking that afflicts people at times.

TreebeardMon 20-Jul-15 11:52 AM
Member since 12th Oct 2004
268 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#125014, "Yeah, I did, then lost it per my own fault..."
In response to Reply #1

Long story short, I took a new job 2 months ago. For the first time in years I can CF at work (ofcourse a mixed blessing) - but given how my job flows (open office, working with customers), I felt like I could only play a stealth char at work.

Ended up putting a ton of hours on him in the last few weeks, and then not having any time at night for Gor. A few things I should've done different
1) Not roll an alt (despite my intent for Gor to stay the primary focus)
2) Limit play time at work
3) Communicate better to fort imms

Overall I had a blast with Gor - I hadn't played fort since my last marshall, Thoric, which was (wow) about 5-7 years ago. The trip up to hero was hard, and very humbling. I really sucked at PK until I got a feel for the build, and learned how to prep better (still a rager warrior at heart).

Ofcourse winning the RC helped a lot - I know it frustrated some folks that I got such a strong reward (3rd legacy), but all I can say is thanks to the imms, and I had fun.

So thanks to everyone who made Gor fun. Some very quick goodbys:
Akresius - thanks for the cool RP after I pk'd in your shrine - and the title, was very very fun
Baer - I really did intend to follow you here, but I started so ####ty at PK, I thought you couldn't have a clawless jaguar. By the time I hit my stride, I started to feel like it'd look disingenuous/too little too late - so in short, next time! But our RP when Adesoka passed did give me heart that I can try sometime.
Fort - Adesoka, Keara, you guys stood out in memory for your RP. Koob/Eleria/Luthan - always enjoyed fighting with you

Empire - was a mixed bag in terms of PK success, and the only thing that bothered me was when you'd work with the Jeremet, but meh, no big deal overall. Zhab and Kregan I fought the most, and enjoyed our interactions.

Trib/Nexus, I know Gor could be testy at time. In the role I tried to explain why he had no respect for the law and did what he thought best to protect folks.

Anyway, this is too long. The way I can CF has changed (unpredictable login times, busy stretches, etc), but when I can, I still love the game, and hope I make it more fun for those I play with.

Goraldain/Soalar/Cainargen/Obregon/Treebeard

Perpetual_NoobMon 20-Jul-15 06:33 PM
Member since 28th Jul 2012
358 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#125020, "Had fun running with you too the few raids we did. n/t"
In response to Reply #2

n/t

RayihnMon 20-Jul-15 06:43 PM
Member since 08th Oct 2006
1147 posts
#125021, "Really liked this character"
In response to Reply #2

You don't have to PK well to follow Baer, trust me. I care a LOT more about the RP side of it than the PK. I had tremendous respect for this character and I really loved your role. It's so rare now that you find a role that feels unique and is enjoyable to read.

Avderlain can tell you, I was extremely worried about taking leadership away from you and I really appreciate that you understood the reasons and aren't angry about it. I hope you try again when you have more time!!

B

TreebeardTue 21-Jul-15 12:53 PM
Member since 12th Oct 2004
268 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#125038, "Thanks so much for the kind words"
In response to Reply #5

I meant it - next time I play a goodie I will not longer be too scared to try and do a baer right...now if I could only figure an angle on Ray that resonates at all with me, but thats a little advanced for now

Appreciate all your effort, and the shot at leader as well.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #124998 Previous topic | Next topic