Subject: "(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Ess the Grand Mistress of Shapesh..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #124859
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 13-Jul-15 05:40 AM
Member since 24th Sep 2024
17179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#124859, "(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Ess the Grand Mistress of Shapeshifting"

Mon Jul 13 05:36:18 2015

At 1 o'clock AM, Day of the Moon, 7th of the Month of the Winter Wolf
on the Theran calendar Ess perished, never to return.

Race:half-elf
Class:shapeshifter
Level:50
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:95

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Ess the Grand Mistress of Sha..., Ess (Anonymous), 15-Jul-15 08:16 AM, #7
Reply FWIW adding an additional +13/+13 hit/dam can make a di..., TMNS, 15-Jul-15 09:00 AM, #9
Reply See you again in the fields., Nydfelt (Anonymous), 15-Jul-15 03:11 PM, #10
Reply The problem with ram, Marcus_, 16-Jul-15 08:23 AM, #11
     Reply I suggest learning other preps., Nydfelt (Anonymous), 17-Jul-15 12:07 PM, #12
Reply RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Ess the Grand Mistress of Sha..., Drehir, 19-Jul-15 12:50 PM, #13
Reply Pity, I thought we'd hunt the wilds for awhile NT, Gromm (Anonymous), 13-Jul-15 09:57 AM, #5
Reply What did you think of ram?, Athioles, 13-Jul-15 08:19 AM, #3
Reply should e rolled the bones. Thanks for the ranking help ..., Ess (Anonymous), 15-Jul-15 08:19 AM, #8
Reply Not even a single fight!?, Varaez (Anonymous), 13-Jul-15 06:38 AM, #1
     Reply Maybe if you guys would stop full looting everyone., Athioles, 13-Jul-15 08:18 AM, #2
     Reply Hey now.., Varaez (Anonymous), 13-Jul-15 10:31 AM, #6
     Reply You obviously were not convulsing NT, Kstatida, 13-Jul-15 09:57 AM, #4

Ess (Anonymous)Wed 15-Jul-15 08:16 AM
Charter member
#124915, "RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Ess the Grand Mistress of Sha..."
In response to Reply #0

I should've rolled the bones instead of using the ram. I really didn't like it. For a creature with a high hit and dam roll I just couldn't strike anyone that could defend themselves. I had ABS when I went into s fight after the commander and gogath were fighting the eldritch. I assumed they were slowed but I couldn't do anything. I was stunned and realized at that moment that I should've waited for the edge to pop up.

Drehir- you're interesting and sorry for deleting but I do enjoy pk, but with a shapeshifter you are very limited in what you can do. I'd like to try another one but I'm worried about putting in the work and then ending up with another bad form. I'm sure you'll see me again

Outlanders were ok with the exception of thaar. I wanted your head for talking so much. I picked a shapeshifter so I wouldn't be as tempted to talk crap or hear it. But, between you and the commander always talking to me either with tells or you over CB, I really wanted to RP cutting my ears off so I'd be deaf.

Varaez- I wanted to pk you all but that form couldn't do much. Even with relentless of the jaguar along with ignite, I had a 75 hit roll and 80 dam roll and I just couldn't do much to those that can defend themselves.

ahjevhil, again, such a easure to run into your characters. You couldn't take a hint that I didn't want to speak to you but that didn't stop you from blowing up my tells. Good luck with what you've created In game now.

Outlander is a lot of fun, and has made me have fun in the game again. Imms keep doing what you do and thanks to whoever pulled me aside to explain to me why I couldn't flyto someone within a couple of minutes within logging in.

I hadn't played a shifter before but I could've swore the eagle was stronger than what I seen. Maybe I did something wrong but didn't seem as good as it was in the past when an eagle came after me. Maybe it's just me.

TMNSWed 15-Jul-15 09:00 AM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#124918, "FWIW adding an additional +13/+13 hit/dam can make a di..."
In response to Reply #7

You can prep with stuff other than ABS.

Nydfelt (Anonymous)Wed 15-Jul-15 03:11 PM
Charter member
#124920, "See you again in the fields."
In response to Reply #7

I've played a few shifters and can assure you that most offense forms are pretty well on par with one another in the dealing damage and the sucking at lagging the enemy fronts. There is a difference in that some of them only get 1 attack lag move while a few get 2 attack lag moves for damage, one has a water only lag move, one has 0 lag moves and some get tiny damage lag moves. Ram is in the first group so it feels a little under powered in the killing department but most shifters do. In the end, I'm sorry you didn't enjoy the form, it's one of my favorites.

I am glad I was able to help you gain some and speed up your ascension. Shifters are uniquely talented in many areas but they take some getting used to and I know you feel they're limited but they really can do quite a lot.

GLWYN.

Marcus_Thu 16-Jul-15 08:23 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
681 posts
#124927, "The problem with ram"
In response to Reply #10

Is that it is quite terrible at trading blows with any melee class (its attacks do loads of damage but are easily parried/dodged, and it is almost completely bereft of defenses). Which is a quite important job for an offensive form...

Nydfelt (Anonymous)Fri 17-Jul-15 12:07 PM
Charter member
#124955, "I suggest learning other preps."
In response to Reply #11

You could have put up relentlessness, bless, frenzy, ferocity, accuracy, war dance and up to 3xignight with the character you had. I'm sure doing that would give a pretty good boost. I'm not going to say that's a cure all but it certainly helps.

DrehirSun 19-Jul-15 12:50 PM
Member since 19th Jul 2015
85 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#124997, "RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Ess the Grand Mistress of Sha..."
In response to Reply #7

I was hoping for more but I understand how difficult shapeshifters can be. Especially when the forms do not align with how you play. That is how the class is though. I liked Ess but I could tell you were getting frustrated near the end.

Try to avoid letting other players get under your skin. This can be extremely difficult but generally worth it. There are limits of course. Definitely pray if you see something that is very OOC.

Good luck with your next.

Gromm (Anonymous)Mon 13-Jul-15 09:57 AM
Charter member
#124865, "Pity, I thought we'd hunt the wilds for awhile NT"
In response to Reply #0

NT

AthiolesMon 13-Jul-15 08:19 AM
Member since 09th Jan 2011
392 posts
#124863, "What did you think of ram?"
In response to Reply #0

Did you regret keeping it?

I didn't interact with you much but what little I did you seemed cool. GLWYN.

Ess (Anonymous)Wed 15-Jul-15 08:19 AM
Charter member
#124916, "should e rolled the bones. Thanks for the ranking help ..."
In response to Reply #3

If you're who I think you are, thanks. Those mid ranks are brutal for a shifter. If you're Gool, who deleted, I should've taken your advice and rolled the bones.

Varaez (Anonymous)Mon 13-Jul-15 06:38 AM
Charter member
#124860, "Not even a single fight!?"
In response to Reply #0

You flew to me maybe 2-3 times. Pecked me once, flew away...why did you not want to fight? What with all the smack talking coming from you (and the unfortunate apology I sent your way instead of to whom it was intended) I was sure we'd have a few bouts.

Color me disappointed.

AthiolesMon 13-Jul-15 08:18 AM
Member since 09th Jan 2011
392 posts
#124862, "Maybe if you guys would stop full looting everyone."
In response to Reply #1

They'd risk fighting you. Just a thought.

Varaez (Anonymous)Mon 13-Jul-15 10:31 AM
Charter member
#124866, "Hey now.."
In response to Reply #2

I haven't full looted anyone, in fact - quite the opposite.

KstatidaMon 13-Jul-15 09:57 AM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#124864, "You obviously were not convulsing NT"
In response to Reply #1

NT

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #124859 Previous topic | Next topic