Subject: "(DELETED) [EMPIRE] Xeneth Vega the Unrivaled Conqueror,..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #124817
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 07-Jul-15 07:28 PM
Member since 24th Sep 2024
17179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#124817, "(DELETED) [EMPIRE] Xeneth Vega the Unrivaled Conqueror, Emperor of Thera"

Tue Jul 7 19:25:08 2015

At 2 o'clock PM, Day of the Bull, 22nd of the Month of the Great Evil
on the Theran calendar Xeneth perished, never to return.

Race:dark-elf
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:EMPIRE, the Empire
Hours:524

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Xeneth Vega the Unrivaled Conque..., Aoirse (Anonymous), 08-Jul-15 12:04 PM, #10
Reply Absolutely loved you, Gromm (Anonymous), 08-Jul-15 08:41 AM, #9
Reply Demtok's goodbye post from qhcf, Dallevian, 08-Jul-15 12:14 AM, #6
Reply Despite being in different cabals, incognito, 08-Jul-15 02:54 AM, #7
Reply Great character, Destuvius, 08-Jul-15 04:23 AM, #8
Reply I've been looking for this..., Amberion, 09-Jul-15 12:29 PM, #11
Reply Did you ever end up opening a bakery in Dis?, Auudreyz (Anonymous), 08-Jul-15 12:11 AM, #5
Reply RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Xeneth Vega the Unrivaled Conque..., marintok, 07-Jul-15 09:50 PM, #4
Reply RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Xeneth Vega the Unrivaled Conque..., Kregan (Anonymous), 07-Jul-15 09:48 PM, #3
Reply You sir, are a vile spendthrift, Gaplemo, 07-Jul-15 08:19 PM, #2
Reply I was a fan., Dead Man, 07-Jul-15 08:17 PM, #1

Aoirse (Anonymous)Wed 08-Jul-15 12:04 PM
Charter member
#124828, "RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Xeneth Vega the Unrivaled Conque..."
In response to Reply #0

I love this character even though I was so frustrated that one time we fought.

Aoirse would never want peace. Nexus was so down, we would have no one to fight. So despite your numbers, I perfered war.

Overall very well done.

Polmier

Gromm (Anonymous)Wed 08-Jul-15 08:41 AM
Charter member
#124827, "Absolutely loved you"
In response to Reply #0

Too bad that with your delete you make the current Empire power struggle much less fun, but well, you can't have it all I guess.

GLWYN, if any. Totally a type of player that's good for the game.

DallevianWed 08-Jul-15 12:14 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1639 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#124824, "Demtok's goodbye post from qhcf"
In response to Reply #0

*If anyone wants to copy this to officials, feel free, I can't post there at the moment*

Where to begin.

Hell opened. I wanted to reach the pit fiends again. And that was about all the drive I needed to roll up. I thought I was going to start out and go scarab and see what the cabal was all about, but then I saw Jarlduz and I was blown away. I wanted to ride coat tails to be War Master since no one was filling the position and one thing led to another.

I love dagger specs but I don't play them very much. I thought I was going to go axe second but once I saw who my opponents were going to be, I decided on stun for retrievals. stsf/flow is pretty awesome for all of the elf races.

Empire:

I'll address the Perma issues:

From what I saw there were a lot of strange things. 3/4 of the MUD was Empire at one point and I had never seen so many Dark-Elves.

In my opinion, the MUD was not doing good by being dominated by Empire so here's what I did. I decided take it easy on all the cabals who had like 4 members, that being Battle, Nexus, Scarab, Herald, and Trib. I would go out of my way to make their cabals better. I attempted to get Empire sponsored events going with Herald, never happened (heralds didnt care). Somehow it was decided the Emperor was the root of all the muds problems. I had level 1 characters roll up and try to get me to bloodoath them, who were named Permuh. Real classy guys.

I tried to get the Battle leaders to agree to peace, since their cabal was in the ####ter, but that didn't happen. I refused to group with anyone when it was defend the Empire mode with numbers like 10v2. It was all pretty ridiculous and I tried to put myself in other peoples shoes. * Fight only the fort and outlander* who were not hurting for players. That was my motto. Of course, when I logged off, that didn't happen. The perma groupers who never wanted to fight solo decided they just wanted to inflate pk ratios. Pk wasn't on my radar since my main goal was to just get to pit fiends. I made it my mission to use the position to help players, RP, and have some fun exploring since that never seems to hurt any other players or the fun they have.

Jarlduz: Beast mode. When you age died I was like, crap, I didn't even hit hero yet, now Lilyth is going to be all over me. Tried to do the position justice, but I have not had an Emperor before, it's a delicate balance but a lot of RL stuff decided to pop its ugly head up so it didn't matter what I was trying to accomplish in the end.

Khalmarnasa: Best friend in the cabal until the end. Once you were gone I lost a lot of drive to play because there was literally no replacement for miles. What most people don't realize is that we may have spent close to 400 hours together ranking and exploring. I don't think I've ever spent that much time with any one character and never known who the player was.

Daph/Birtoc - Great thieves, most likely the same player and maybe one of the best allies to have. Whenever there's a thief getting stoneform solo I think, well, it's not me, must be that guy. There really are not that many who go and do that!

Reegun: You were a great solo killer, and a phenomenal High Priest, but the character was terrible as Emperor(yea, I bet I was too). There were so many people who wanted you replaced. Enemies, allies, Imms, and after the city killing/ laws it was the nail in the coffin. Vote was called and that was how I got Emperor.

Destuvius: Thank you for letting me have free reign in running the cabal. It was refreshing and you let me have the benefit of the doubt. The deletion was obvious when I found myself with a stacked deck (i.e. council I didn't pick, half anathema who attempted to gang me constantly and log in together) If that's who you wanted running Empire, then by all means, it's your kitchen now. You clean up the mess. Raiding the palace and giving the orcs the codex is stellar RP for them, but I hold myself to a higher standard. A select few may disagree with that statement. Of course, my playtime and decreased hours will come up, but 6 hours a day every day is nuts. I cant do that. If I can log in for 2 hours every other day, I think that's fine but this isn't my job. In my opinion, Emperor shouldn't be a gang leader who babysits trip spammers. A few of your decisions have been questionable, that frost giant anathema being one, giving Imperials ridiculous amounts of gold(a cabal where gold secures position and thus unfair advantages after gold changes), and seating 2 anathema. Hopefully this can be seen as constructive criticism. I still really like you as an IMM, and I'm in no way upset or mad about those decisions. I really wanted to keep playing Xeneth, but I saw everything I had yet to accomplish being impossible and not worth my time:fun ratio.

Outlander:

Lilyth: Wood-elf druid sounds like the least threatening thing ever, but with theriomancy, flyto, insects, the hunt, you start to appear as a bloodthirsty OP character. We kicked each others butts pretty much constantly and I don't think there was any winner in the long run.

Liantae: So in my opinion, you were my extremely dangerous outlander clone. dark-elf sword vs dark-elf dagger meant RNG was going to #### up whoever stayed the longest when stsf charged. The toughest opponent and after the countless battles I found that I liked you a lot better than most Imperials. That was pretty sad, haha. I honestly noticed no difference when the other had strange bracers. It was like haste didn't matter because we were both glass cannons in the right situation.

Battle:

Cyrra was literally the only rager I saw to be superior above all else. Not surprising to see them on the pillar!

Urgundtal(sp?) You were designed to destroy me, I get it. I tried to let stsf charge up but you knew to flee and run back to the village to let it fade. Double mithril, high damage, resist, gates..... Yea, pincer svirf is real and alive. This is the end of the drow age, people!

Nexus:

Marintok: Best allies and worst enemies, a true nexun if I must say so! Before I got Emperor I thought we could have a working relationship, but after Emperor I had to be much harder on you. Come to find out, a chalice barer can take it! I hope the nexus IMMs decided to put you on the nexus pillar. I cannot see anyone disagreeing with that opinion.

Scarab:

Jeede:

Pre-Emperor- waterlogged
Post-Emperor - try not to kill yourself on sigil spam, haha! Otherwise, I find assassins to be pretty OP with nerve changes.

Fort:

Corzu: Who would have thought.... gnome ranger. Wow, that's impressive. You got pk's with that thing? Hmm. I guess I will roll up that gnome AP now.

I'll start getting a few logs prepared, feel free to post any questions, comments, and PM's are welcome.

---Demtok

incognitoWed 08-Jul-15 02:54 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#124825, "Despite being in different cabals"
In response to Reply #6

I read your post and thought "he sees all the same things that I do".

I'm pretty surprised that you got set up for a fall. Not that you got set up, but that this was when and how it was allowed to happen.

Glwyn and thanks for not focussing purely on power gaming, and thinking instead of wider gameplay

DestuviusWed 08-Jul-15 04:23 AM
Member since 08th Oct 2013
1012 posts
#124826, "Great character"
In response to Reply #6

I really liked this character and I was very happy to see everything that you did when given the opportunity as Emp. I will agree with a lot of the other people here and say you did try VERY hard to make sure the game was still fun (and without ruining your own rp) during the giant imperial reign, so kudos for that.

As far as the playtime thing, yes I am going to mention it just like you said. I don't expect people to play six hours a day every single day. I do however expect that limited quantity spots in Empire to put in more time if they want to keep those spots. I even made a post about it that a long time back and even bumped it a couple times to remind people of such. Maybe I just need to get it stickied on the gameplay forum.

Anyways, thats getting slightly off the important topic: your great character. Sorry that you didn't quite to get accomplish everything that you wanted but I'm glad it was still fun for you. Thanks for the quality char (and also for the constructive criticisms) and glwyn.

AmberionThu 09-Jul-15 12:29 PM
Member since 06th Jun 2007
945 posts
#124840, "I've been looking for this..."
In response to Reply #6

... Your death thread. I'm not playing anymore, or writing or reading the forums. (At least not for the time being. EVE-online dragged me back in after a 12 year hiatus...)

I fought and RPed A LOT with you over the course of our characters lives. As many might not have realized, our chars walked the oposite sides for a VERY long time and for a lot of those hours, our times mesched.

Jarlduz was an impressive beast, and before you came along, I'd peg him for one of the best emperors ever along with Athieli and Twists giant warrior (Just lost the name...). But after you... Man, from an enemies perspective, you were the greatest of them all.
I could see what you were trying to do, it was obvious sometimes and it inspired me to try things out in the cabal with Liantae (I didn't really succeed... Kind of a failure...).

I enjoyed every single fight and encounter I had with you, there's not a single moment of our interactions in any way that left anything but joy and respect.

I hope that Xeneth is made immortal in some way, like one of the statues in the Palace.

I hope you stay with CF, so that you'll be here for when I return. (Because I will return eventually, it is always just a matter of time.)

Keep it up dude! Love your chars!

Always shoot first and then call whatever you hit the target.

Auudreyz (Anonymous)Wed 08-Jul-15 12:11 AM
Charter member
#124823, "Did you ever end up opening a bakery in Dis?"
In response to Reply #0

You were good to play with.

marintokTue 07-Jul-15 09:49 PM
Member since 23rd Nov 2014
70 posts
#124821, "RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Xeneth Vega the Unrivaled Conque..."
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Tue 07-Jul-15 09:50 PM

dang it, another one bites the dust. I really liked you, you stuck it out and did good work even during the reegun times. I always had fun talking and fighting/working with you. We only grouped up a few times but damn we were scarry.

And fighting each other, it always seemed like a chicken contest to me. We would stand there and just slug it out and see who died first. The fights only lasted a few rounds but one of us would be standing over a body convulsing and hoping to not die on the tick. You were a good guy and never scared to mix it up no matter who it was with.

Marintok

p.s. I also liked that you kept some of the crazy out of the empire for awhile, they were headed down a dangerous path there for a bit but you pulled them out.

p.p.s. Good luck with your next and try a islander, you get to try and kill everyone at least once HAHAHAH seriously though you are good for the game when you were awake, you really had a presence.

Kregan (Anonymous)Tue 07-Jul-15 09:48 PM
Charter member
#124820, "RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Xeneth Vega the Unrivaled Conque..."
In response to Reply #0

I was a massive fan a huge fan. I was lucky to have seen you go from strength to strength, get knocked down keep throwing out punches and come back stronger and stronger. I had a huge amount of respect for you, and I cannot say this enough.

Of late tho things started tapering off, and you did not continue to rebound as you once did which is where things can become strained.

So from player to player I truly hope that everything is ok in the real world. I hope you are back in someway shape or form and rising from strength to strength once again. And if not I hope you are enjoying a bit of time off

GaplemoTue 07-Jul-15 08:19 PM
Member since 06th May 2010
619 posts
#124819, "You sir, are a vile spendthrift"
In response to Reply #0

What happened?

Dead ManTue 07-Jul-15 08:17 PM
Member since 13th May 2015
8 posts
#124818, "I was a fan."
In response to Reply #0

I really enjoyed our times spent together through a large range of characters. You made me think, drow hand, nah drow hand?, nah... Wait maybe drow hand? No...no...no

Well played. We killed Tiamat and a long list of things I always wanted to accomplish as a cfer, over a decade of dreams. I can only admire my takeaway from what must have been an awesome player experience at times for you. Thanks Emperor Xeneth, for real dude.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #124817 Previous topic | Next topic