Subject: "(DELETED) [BATTLE] Lararani the Legend of the Battlefie..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #124581
Show all folders

Death_AngelSat 13-Jun-15 11:20 AM
Member since 24th Sep 2024
17179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#124581, "(DELETED) [BATTLE] Lararani the Legend of the Battlefield"

Sat Jun 13 11:16:59 2015

At 2 o'clock AM, Day of the Bull, 8th of the Month of the Dragon
on the Theran calendar Lararani perished, never to return.

Race:gnome
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:119

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Lararani the Legend of the Battl..., Sero (Anonymous), 16-Jun-15 05:13 PM, #19
Reply That's just not fair. I planned to build some nice busi..., Bereg (Anonymous), 16-Jun-15 05:39 AM, #15
Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Lararani the Legend of the Battl..., xrus, 16-Jun-15 03:33 AM, #7
Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Lararani the Legend of the Battl..., Verathi, 16-Jun-15 09:18 AM, #16
Reply I hope I have not disappointed you., xrus, 16-Jun-15 12:58 PM, #17
Reply hey man, jermet (Anonymous), 16-Jun-15 08:49 PM, #20
     Reply You were Lararani's nightmare. , xrus, 16-Jun-15 09:47 PM, #21
          Reply Body parts, incognito, 17-Jun-15 01:39 AM, #23
               Reply unfortunately, doesn't work, Kstatida, 17-Jun-15 04:25 AM, #24
Reply That's a shame, Azhag (Anonymous), 15-Jun-15 08:13 PM, #6
Reply You became my favourite foe!, xrus, 16-Jun-15 03:37 AM, #8
Reply Interesting build, Tsalantha (Anonymous), 15-Jun-15 12:43 PM, #5
Reply I feared you., xrus, 16-Jun-15 03:40 AM, #9
Reply You should've condied, man NT, Kstatida, 15-Jun-15 03:06 AM, #4
Reply I didn't have my con left., xrus, 16-Jun-15 03:47 AM, #10
     Reply I was amazed actually, Kstatida, 16-Jun-15 05:32 AM, #14
          Reply Me too., xrus, 16-Jun-15 12:58 PM, #18
Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Lararani the Legend of the Battl..., marintok, 14-Jun-15 02:49 PM, #3
Reply Your build vs mine!, xrus, 16-Jun-15 03:49 AM, #11
Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Lararani the Legend of the Battl..., Kregan (Anonymous), 13-Jun-15 08:29 PM, #2
Reply I found out that I didn't know how to use my build., xrus, 16-Jun-15 03:54 AM, #12
     Reply RE: I found out that I didn't know how to use my build., Kregan (Anonymous), 16-Jun-15 11:25 PM, #22
Reply That sucks., Sindrir (Anonymous), 13-Jun-15 12:01 PM, #1
     Reply I liked Sindrir., xrus, 16-Jun-15 03:55 AM, #13

Sero (Anonymous)Tue 16-Jun-15 05:13 PM
Charter member
#124637, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Lararani the Legend of the Battl..."
In response to Reply #0

Damn, sorry to see you go. Thanks for the advice after dying to you the few times! Took what you said and hopefully it'll work out in my favor. GLWYN

Bereg (Anonymous)Tue 16-Jun-15 05:39 AM
Charter member
#124631, "That's just not fair. I planned to build some nice busi..."
In response to Reply #0

NT

xrusTue 16-Jun-15 03:33 AM
Member since 13th May 2011
318 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#124623, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Lararani the Legend of the Battl..."
In response to Reply #0

I had a short while, and decided to try a build I had tried twice already, but never could get past lvl 30.

I heard that village is lacking and decided to be a defender there. Ended up being one of the many defenders who were trying to rebuild the village. That was fun though.

I was sure about flail/STSF/defender part of the build. But couldn't decide between sword and hand, till I found out that I cannot get parry-anything. So I went hand to be an entwine/pummel machine. But in reality, most of my successful fights were those that I used flails.
I also learned whispers to be able to get to fights fast, before the STSF charges are gone. I liked that choice too, but I think I could have chosen a better legacy.
The best part of this build was the brutal-drag edge + STSF charges. I bet a dex/int race like elves, can exploit it much better.

All my pvp experiences this time, had lessons to learn for me. Some I could use with this char, some I will use in my future builds. Totally, I had great fun playing Lararani.
Thanks to all friends and foes, and also IMMs, especially Verathi, for that little immteraction. After that, I had a feeling that someone might be watching me.

VerathiTue 16-Jun-15 09:18 AM
Member since 10th Dec 2014
92 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#124633, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Lararani the Legend of the Battl..."
In response to Reply #7

Generally, If I was on and you were fighting I was probably watching it. The concept of gnome warrior is pretty fascinating to watch play out.

xrusTue 16-Jun-15 12:58 PM
318 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#124635, "I hope I have not disappointed you."
In response to Reply #16

I bet I have.

jermet (Anonymous)Tue 16-Jun-15 08:49 PM
Charter member
#124638, "hey man"
In response to Reply #7

was gonna wait till my death thread but meh. just sayin screw it.

you were one of hte first few I put into 'training' as per a conversation I had with an imm, and a conversation I had to you about me striking the shadows footfall, your footfall. eh.
I hope it helped some.

I will be honest your build had me reduced to in the end, using body parts for reanimation (something you only had one tactic against but didnt use it) or sleeping, something you were fast enough / skilled enough to avoid.
I thought you did damn good, but dangit also gear man. gear. there is alot out there you dont need the best, but you werent wearing much of anything for a long time.
I thought you did make a gnome stsf look good, and I hope you liked our conversations.
also ty in that lag spike I had for not killing me, but yeah, ya should have. Take the undead down dangit! heh.

xrusTue 16-Jun-15 09:47 PM
318 posts
#124639, "You were Lararani's nightmare. "
In response to Reply #20

Thanks for the fun and all the advice. I honestly did my best to get you at least once, but it was damn hard. Once i tried to get our fight in galadon, but i couldn't do it fast enough.
About the gear, well, I don't learn where to find what, better than what you saw on me, and about body part animation, I don't know how to face it yet.

incognitoWed 17-Jun-15 01:39 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#124642, "Body parts"
In response to Reply #21

Does eyejab work on wights?

If so, you can't use a body part you can't see.

KstatidaWed 17-Jun-15 04:25 AM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#124644, "unfortunately, doesn't work"
In response to Reply #23

Wights don't rely on whatever is in their eyesockets to see, even if you split it with an axe.

Azhag (Anonymous)Mon 15-Jun-15 08:13 PM
Charter member
#124620, "That's a shame"
In response to Reply #0

Can't blae you of course, GLWYN

Post that log of the naked fistfight?

xrusTue 16-Jun-15 03:37 AM
318 posts
#124624, "You became my favourite foe!"
In response to Reply #6

From 45 to 50, you change ALOT! from a funny weak foe, whom I felt sorry for killing, to a cunning/dangerous one, whom I had to do my best against, and still had more chance to fall to, than to kill. I think my build was good against orcs though.

Tsalantha (Anonymous)Mon 15-Jun-15 12:43 PM
Charter member
#124614, "Interesting build"
In response to Reply #0

Hand whip rager seems designed for entwining, and striking is partly designed to stop fleeing. I was surprised you went for both instead of maybe autumn harvest.

You were brave so I didn't feel too bad when you escaped as a result of a brainfart I had on the dragon sea. Bash or trip yes. Crippling strike on a convulsing enemy who is a size smaller, no. I so rarely fight beside others I forgot how to do it.

Good luck with your next.

xrusTue 16-Jun-15 03:40 AM
318 posts
#124625, "I feared you."
In response to Reply #5

I feared you But Lararani didn't. He didn't fear anyone, but just liked them, even mages.

But from past encounters with other chars, I knew what hell I should go through, facing you!

KstatidaMon 15-Jun-15 03:06 AM
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#124608, "You should've condied, man NT"
In response to Reply #0

What's the point of getting the cabal place if you aim to delete anyway

Did the gnome int/wis make the difference with STSF charges btw?

xrusTue 16-Jun-15 03:47 AM
318 posts
#124626, "I didn't have my con left."
In response to Reply #4

But I had to delete. Cannot talk more now. Just know it that I had to delete.. Ah.. Gotta go. They found me!

About gnome/STSF, I don't think it was much different from other 23-int/STSF races. I had tried both arial/wood-elf and I think they were same. I don't think that wis plays a big role. The only thing is.. I saw a difference in charging sequences, which I am not sure about it yet.
But sage-defense was a great help against giants/orcs. I could easily parry them all. Remember how I could parry you?
I wish I had gnome-tactician too, but it was expensive.

KstatidaTue 16-Jun-15 05:32 AM
2214 posts
#124630, "I was amazed actually"
In response to Reply #10

blamed it on STSF though, as it happened after a long sequence of fights.

xrusTue 16-Jun-15 12:58 PM
318 posts
#124636, "Me too."
In response to Reply #14

I bet STSF helped a lot after a bit too.

marintokSun 14-Jun-15 02:49 PM
Member since 23rd Nov 2014
70 posts
#124603, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Lararani the Legend of the Battl..."
In response to Reply #0

man i know i was a horrible fight for you but it was honestly just funny for me, trying to hit 15 bashes ina row before you got an eyejab on me, i think we only fought one night but you eyejabbed me 20+ times for sure, and I did like talking to you and I have been reading up, good job and good luck with your next.

Marintok

xrusTue 16-Jun-15 03:49 AM
318 posts
#124627, "Your build vs mine!"
In response to Reply #3

I thought that I already know what hell it would be for Lararani to face Marintok, but you proved that I am wrong. Well same thing happened against Fessara and Emperor too.

But you are right. I liked how you missed your bashes and how easily I could land eye jabs. I wonder why!

Kregan (Anonymous)Sat 13-Jun-15 08:29 PM
Charter member
#124596, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Lararani the Legend of the Battl..."
In response to Reply #0

I liked you a lot I enjoyed all our fights and all the chats. I must admit that against a gnome I really only had one tactic ... Vibrato and lots of it 😀

The highlight was trying to retrieve against you the drill master and commander but I was so busted up you took it again ... Round 2 was a lot harder ... IE I couldn't get it

You were really hitting your stride.

GLWYN

xrusTue 16-Jun-15 03:54 AM
318 posts
#124628, "I found out that I didn't know how to use my build."
In response to Reply #2

That is why it always took a few fights for me, to learn how to face a foe. You were one of the most obvious ones. The first fight to the second, I think I changed a lot. (Wrong? )

Anyway, I didn't like to fight imperials, but we were in war. I tried to show my reluctance in my chats, but I also tried my best no to show any reluctance in my actions.

I liked our encounters, all of them! You were the only bard whom I fought with for real.

Kregan (Anonymous)Tue 16-Jun-15 11:25 PM
Charter member
#124641, "RE: I found out that I didn't know how to use my build."
In response to Reply #12

In our last couple of fights I did a couple of things out of desperation just to try hang on a bit longer. So yeah big difference.

I saw the dio log against Jermet man that was stylish big thumbs up all round!

Sindrir (Anonymous)Sat 13-Jun-15 12:01 PM
Charter member
#124582, "That sucks."
In response to Reply #0

We were just starting to have some fun. Good luck with the next.

xrusTue 16-Jun-15 03:55 AM
318 posts
#124629, "I liked Sindrir."
In response to Reply #1

And I feared to fight him, but I was lucky and before we fight, you got anathema.
I really liked to see how your plan goes, but well, as I said before, I had to delete..

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #124581 Previous topic | Next topic