Subject: "(RAGE DELETE) [BATTLE] Bhelgus Blaq the Blood Cruor" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #124540
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 11-Jun-15 05:20 PM
Member since 24th Sep 2024
17179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#124540, "(RAGE DELETE) [BATTLE] Bhelgus Blaq the Blood Cruor"

Thu Jun 11 17:17:03 2015

At 11 o'clock PM, Day of the Sun, 6th of the Month of the Frost Giant
on the Theran calendar Bhelgus perished, never to return.

Race:dwarf
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:229

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply My thoughts, and clarification of the PBF..., Verathi, 25-Jun-15 09:31 AM, #10
Reply Your archaic view is why the village was/is a ghost tow..., TMNS, 25-Jun-15 11:30 AM, #11
Reply I don't follow..., Sarien, 25-Jun-15 11:45 AM, #12
     Reply He didn't gang. Read the IMM comments again. nt, TMNS, 25-Jun-15 11:58 AM, #13
          Reply 1 rager attacking right after another flee's/etc is pre..., Sarien, 25-Jun-15 12:20 PM, #14
               Reply Some people want free frags I guess...nt, TMNS, 25-Jun-15 12:26 PM, #15
               Reply Are you saying that a villager is a 'free frag', Sarien, 25-Jun-15 12:30 PM, #16
               Reply Yes. Even villagers that gang are free frags to me., TMNS, 25-Jun-15 12:54 PM, #17
               Reply Yo Sam, I'm still a little unclear about your position ..., TJHuron, 25-Jun-15 06:29 PM, #20
                    Reply Man...you guys ####ing suck at reading comp...., TMNS, 25-Jun-15 07:03 PM, #21
                         Reply Ugh... What does that matter?, TJHuron, 25-Jun-15 07:49 PM, #23
                         Reply He didn't kill him. He attacked him and ran him off in ..., Lhydia, 25-Jun-15 08:01 PM, #24
                              Reply I never said he killed him., TJHuron, 25-Jun-15 09:04 PM, #25
                                   Reply Crap. In my very first post I guess I did say that. Tot..., TJHuron, 26-Jun-15 12:19 AM, #27
                         Reply For what its worth, the almost dead guy was bleeding wo..., Ghuljun, 25-Jun-15 11:38 PM, #26
                              Reply Yeah you got shafted here. n/t, Lhydia, 26-Jun-15 05:15 AM, #28
               Reply It was a raid situation, they retrieved then Empire rai..., Interested (Anonymous), 25-Jun-15 03:42 PM, #18
                    Reply ugh. this sort of horrible reading comprehension drives..., silat, 25-Jun-15 03:45 PM, #19
Reply RE: My thoughts, and clarification of the PBF..., Ghuljun, 25-Jun-15 07:42 PM, #22
Reply Slippery enemy, Tsalantha (Anonymous), 15-Jun-15 12:46 PM, #9
Reply This makes me sad., Knul (Anonymous), 14-Jun-15 05:40 PM, #8
Reply RE: (RAGE DELETE) [BATTLE] Bhelgus Blaq the Blood Cruor, Kregan (Anonymous), 14-Jun-15 04:31 AM, #7
Reply Really sorry to have you out, Gromm (Anonymous), 12-Jun-15 05:32 PM, #3
Reply RE: Really sorry to have you out, Bhelgus (Anonymous), 12-Jun-15 08:03 PM, #6
Reply I liked you - a lot, Kobuk (Anonymous), 12-Jun-15 06:27 AM, #2
Reply RE: I liked you - a lot, Bhelgus (Anonymous), 12-Jun-15 08:01 PM, #5
Reply RE: (RAGE DELETE) [BATTLE] Bhelgus Blaq the Blood Cruor, marintok, 11-Jun-15 05:30 PM, #1
     Reply RE: (RAGE DELETE) [BATTLE] Bhelgus Blaq the Blood Cruor, Bhelgus (Anonymous), 12-Jun-15 07:58 PM, #4

VerathiThu 25-Jun-15 09:31 AM
Member since 10th Dec 2014
92 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#124732, "My thoughts, and clarification of the PBF..."
In response to Reply #0

At first I wasn't sure why everyone thought you were awesome because you were never around during my play times, then suddenly you were and I got it. It was a shame what happened with losing drillmaster, but when it gets seen and you've been told you are the gold standard it has to happen. For what it is worth, I think you would have been back in the position pretty quickly had you pushed through the frustration.

Clarity:
1) You were ungranted at my express request after our talk, it was merely implemented by another due to how things work upstairs.

2) And for all the others that are whining on your behalf... I thought I had made it pretty clear what I expected out of you. Just because XYZ got away with it in the past isn't an excuse.

TMNSThu 25-Jun-15 11:20 AM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#124733, "Your archaic view is why the village was/is a ghost tow..."
In response to Reply #10
Edited on Thu 25-Jun-15 11:30 AM

But #### it, free frags.

Edited to add: Was wondering why the two village roles I wrote for my contest haven't really responded....makes sense now. Who wants to spend hundreds of hours being a glorified chew toy.

SarienThu 25-Jun-15 11:45 AM
Member since 14th Feb 2009
740 posts
#124734, "I don't follow..."
In response to Reply #11

are you insinuating that villagers should be allowed to gang? Parity is a big deal, its essentially what keeps the fact that villagers have "Free" preps in check.

Gotta play by the rules to enjoy the perks, the way some of the current crop handles parity is shameful. Bhelgus was not shameful at all.

TMNSThu 25-Jun-15 11:58 AM
2670 posts
#124735, "He didn't gang. Read the IMM comments again. nt"
In response to Reply #12

nt

SarienThu 25-Jun-15 12:20 PM
740 posts
#124736, "1 rager attacking right after another flee's/etc is pre..."
In response to Reply #13

Sure, it's ok during a raid - but thats it dude. It's always been that way, there isn't much wiggle room nor has there ever been (especially if you are a berserker). Fighting at the giant/outers/inners is a different gig, and that's why there is an exception for it in the "rules" as it were.

TMNSThu 25-Jun-15 12:26 PM
2670 posts
#124737, "Some people want free frags I guess...nt"
In response to Reply #14

We disagree.

SarienThu 25-Jun-15 12:30 PM
740 posts
#124738, "Are you saying that a villager is a 'free frag'"
In response to Reply #15
Edited on Thu 25-Jun-15 12:30 PM

or, are you saying that the villager who kills someone hurt from fighting another villager wants a free frag?

I know plenty of villagers who maintain a good ratio, and you don't need to break parity to do it.

TMNSThu 25-Jun-15 12:54 PM
2670 posts
#124739, "Yes. Even villagers that gang are free frags to me."
In response to Reply #16

Maybe that's because I've played over 1000 hrs in the cabal.

My last serious mage killed the Drillmaster (played by Twist) and the MageSlayer solo without barrier.

Most good pkers think 95% of villagers are insanely weak.

TJHuronThu 25-Jun-15 06:29 PM
Member since 28th Nov 2007
1132 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#124742, "Yo Sam, I'm still a little unclear about your position ..."
In response to Reply #15

Maybe it's the whole everyone wants a free frag conversation throwing me off. Are you saying what he did wasn't a gank and that he shouldn't have been punished because it was during a raid?

I mean I'd love to see a log for this one. Imm comments say he killed him after a retrieval but considered it a constant state of war and that they reraided soon after. Yeah gray area here but I interpret this as guy retreived and sometime after in a place that is in neither cabal area he jumped a near dead guy who just fought another rager because they were "going to reraid". I would say that's pushing the limit. I mean if he just killed the giant an was still there I could see some room for leeway. Or if they had just taken the head instead of just retrieving. Otherwise, it sounds like one of those excuses to kill someone Jerry was famous for. This is a bit bringing to extreme but if you let that slide you could gang a lot of people as a rager and blow it off by saying we were gonna raid anyhow.

On the flip side of the coin I know that there are people who play battle who will observe, and think everyone else should, parity in Battle in defending situations. Maybe that's what you think is going on and don't like. I've played that style in the past to a degree but don't agree with promoting it at all. Even further I dislike it when people crawl up another players ass over it. Someone did it to me once in game when I killed a guy he was fighting at the giant after I had just run another raider off and it pissed me off.

And for what it's worth I think Verathi has made a great battle imm so far but I know I have reason to be biased. I will point out that this is the same guy whose knock on me as DM was that I was a little too lone wolf.

TMNSThu 25-Jun-15 07:03 PM
2670 posts
#124743, "Man...you guys ####ing suck at reading comp...."
In response to Reply #20

HE DIDN'T EVEN KILL FESSARA IN THIS SITUATION. *boggle*

Sun Jun 7 05:23:59 2015 by 'Destuvius' at level 51 (216 hrs):
You just attacked an almost dead guy who just finished beating the hell out of another Rager. You even looked at him before you attacked. Where is the Rager pride?

Jun 7, 2015 |Lv 51|The Ruins of Ostalagiah|vs 1: <46> Fessara (0%, ) *Assassinated*
Jun 7, 2015 |Lv 51|Eaststride Road|vs 2: <51> Chagos (42%, claw), <51> Jermet (57%)

Jun 7, 2015 |Lv 51|The Imperial Palace|Fessara vs 2: <51> Bhelgus (52%), <51> Lararani (47%, molten smash)
Jun 7, 2015 |Lv 51|The Imperial Palace|Kregan vs 3: <51> Bhelgus (15%, poison), <51> Lararani (35%), <44> Ahjevhil (48%)
Jun 7, 2015 |Lv 51|BattleRager Village|Chagos vs 2: <51> Bhelgus (64%, pummeling blow), <51> Lararani (35%)
Jun 7, 2015 |Lv 51|Eaststride Road|Jermet vs 3: <51> Luthantulas (35%, heavenly wrath), <51> Bhelgus (45%), <51> Urgandtol (18%)
Jun 7, 2015 |Lv 51|The Sea of Despair|Marintok vs 1: <51> Bhelgus (100%, pummeling blow)

TJHuronThu 25-Jun-15 07:49 PM
1132 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#124745, "Ugh... What does that matter?"
In response to Reply #21

He tried to kill him! It doesn't matter that he failed. It's his intent that matters.

Parity means equality. That to me is more than numbers in a fight. It's equality of state and fairness.

Is it really an equal fight if you are at 50% health and suffering numerous stat penalties and I am in perfect condition?

No it isn't...

Sorry I'm pissing you off today! I just disagree with your argument to this point. I think. Because I'm not totally sure what it is. You haven't said. You just seem to think that letting one rager hurt another guy and then a second rager comes in to finish him is OK, is what I've gathered.

LhydiaThu 25-Jun-15 08:01 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
2390 posts
#124746, "He didn't kill him. He attacked him and ran him off in ..."
In response to Reply #23

gr

TJHuronThu 25-Jun-15 09:04 PM
1132 posts
#124747, "I never said he killed him."
In response to Reply #24

I said he tried to kill him. He attacked him with the intent to kill but did not manage to kill him. That is what happened, right?

And I'm still fuzzy that this was a raid. It sounds like it was after a raid but I don't know for sure, which is why I've asked to see the log.

TJHuronFri 26-Jun-15 12:19 AM
1132 posts
#124750, "Crap. In my very first post I guess I did say that. Tot..."
In response to Reply #25

Nt

GhuljunThu 25-Jun-15 11:38 PM
Member since 11th Sep 2003
51 posts
#124748, "For what its worth, the almost dead guy was bleeding wo..."
In response to Reply #21
Edited on Thu 25-Jun-15 11:38 PM

and healed once more before I attacked.

LhydiaFri 26-Jun-15 05:15 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
2390 posts
#124751, "Yeah you got shafted here. n/t"
In response to Reply #26

gr

Interested (Anonymous)Thu 25-Jun-15 03:42 PM
Charter member
#124740, "It was a raid situation, they retrieved then Empire rai..."
In response to Reply #14

According to PBF. That means there was probably more than one Imperial lurking and they knew they were about to get raided.

It sort of looks like Destuvius was sour apples because his team lost and the guy ended up losing DM because of it.

silatThu 25-Jun-15 03:45 PM
Member since 29th Jul 2011
153 posts
#124741, "ugh. this sort of horrible reading comprehension drives..."
In response to Reply #18

nt

GhuljunThu 25-Jun-15 07:42 PM
Member since 11th Sep 2003
51 posts
#124744, "RE: My thoughts, and clarification of the PBF..."
In response to Reply #10

To clarify for those who don't know what happened. The gnome and I had raided empire, taken the item. I do not recall how exactly but the felar killed the giant while the gnome fought him. We were going to return immediately to retake the item so I decide, without much thought, to attack and attempt to kill the felar who was using the healer in picos shrine. In that split moment it seemed justified as a moment of war. I was told I am a ####, assassinated and then a near full loot. Even though we had just killed him and not touched a thing in his corpse.

Cue ranting rage on my part.

Tsalantha (Anonymous)Mon 15-Jun-15 12:46 PM
Charter member
#124615, "Slippery enemy"
In response to Reply #0

You were more cautious than most ragers but that just made me want to seal a kill on you even more. But I never could. There was one fight where I think you would have had me if you stayed to fight but it could also have gone my way.

Good luck with your next. You might have been the catalyst to restart the village.

Knul (Anonymous)Sun 14-Jun-15 05:40 PM
Charter member
#124605, "This makes me sad."
In response to Reply #0

I really liked this character.

You seemed maybe a little new to the village, and goodie dwarf flail defender is one hell of a path to choose, especially when there's only five or six people in Battle altogether.

Despite the difficulties everything I saw from you was absolutely stellar, and I'm sorry to see you go.

Kregan (Anonymous)Sun 14-Jun-15 04:31 AM
Charter member
#124601, "RE: (RAGE DELETE) [BATTLE] Bhelgus Blaq the Blood Cruor"
In response to Reply #0

Part of why the village is making a comback is due to you.

I liked you alot. Not really sure what happened but I hope your back soon.

GLWYN

Gromm (Anonymous)Fri 12-Jun-15 05:32 PM
Charter member
#124561, "Really sorry to have you out"
In response to Reply #0

Much less time for my camping Ostalgiah now with you gone Considering I don't defend or reraid, where will I hunt them now?

Anyway, you did seem to be struggling somewhat. Hope you don't have an RL grudge for the assassin now.

Bhelgus (Anonymous)Fri 12-Jun-15 08:03 PM
Charter member
#124564, "RE: Really sorry to have you out"
In response to Reply #3

I appreciated your aid even though I couldn't really ask for it or thank you to much for it. I had a pretty tough time with some of the main foes I had. Horrible match ups in fights that I was destined to fight over and over.

Kobuk (Anonymous)Fri 12-Jun-15 06:27 AM
Charter member
#124546, "I liked you - a lot"
In response to Reply #0

Hey,

I don't know what transpired, or how you lost DM (You deleted prior to really talking to me IC). But, I really enjoyed our back and forth, and I honestly thought that IC you were doing a great job. I know that you lost it a bit on Dio's towards the end. Anyways, I hope you are back and that you enjoy your next character more.

Bhelgus (Anonymous)Fri 12-Jun-15 08:01 PM
Charter member
#124563, "RE: I liked you - a lot"
In response to Reply #2

Thanks Chief! I loved to hate me some Kobuk, god damit if I didn't nearly get you so many times only for you to flee drink to perfect health and return to attack me while I was still in bash lag. You screaming out Bhelgus! really did effect me. Great job on everything.

marintokThu 11-Jun-15 05:30 PM
Member since 23rd Nov 2014
70 posts
#124543, "RE: (RAGE DELETE) [BATTLE] Bhelgus Blaq the Blood Cruor"
In response to Reply #0

man sad to se you go, i liked you allot and were always there for a good fight. was fun having you around and was good to see a strong vllage presence during my play times and i liked the talks we had also, thanks for all the fun (and sorry for that one thing, lots of other stuff was going on that had nothing to do with the game) you were good to have around and are good for the game

good luck with your next

marintok the grouchy rhyme

Bhelgus (Anonymous)Fri 12-Jun-15 07:58 PM
Charter member
#124562, "RE: (RAGE DELETE) [BATTLE] Bhelgus Blaq the Blood Cruor"
In response to Reply #1

Nothing but respect for you, loved your character. In retrospect I should have handled things differently on that matter, regardless it did not color my impression of you. It really was simply an issue of said thing being in my hands, I just couldn't as the drillmaster return it I felt. I appreciate that last part especially since I had that melt down on QHCF.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #124540 Previous topic | Next topic