Subject: "(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Gutakyla the Legend of the Battlefi..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #123923
Show all folders

Death_AngelFri 03-Apr-15 01:04 AM
Member since 25th Sep 2024
17181 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#123923, "(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Gutakyla the Legend of the Battlefield"

Fri Apr 3 01:02:06 2015

At 5 o'clock AM, Day of Thunder, 10th of the Month of the Frost Giant
on the Theran calendar Gutakyla perished, never to return.

Race:storm
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:145

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Gutakyla the Legend of the Batt..., Kregan (Anonymous), 04-Apr-15 04:07 PM, #16
Reply I would like to think of it more as a bright meteor tha..., Perpetual_Noob, 04-Apr-15 07:46 PM, #17
Reply Glad to see you go out with CON death, Byantar (Anonymous), 04-Apr-15 09:28 AM, #7
Reply I tried to be a "good" villager., Perpetual_Noob, 04-Apr-15 02:23 PM, #14
     Reply That must be it! nt, Byantar (Anonymous), 04-Apr-15 02:46 PM, #15
Reply Thanks for the lessons., Gutakyla (Anonymous), 03-Apr-15 07:26 PM, #3
Reply I think I avoided fighting you, Nuerria (Anonymous), 03-Apr-15 11:45 PM, #6
Reply I wish you would have fought me., Perpetual_Noob, 04-Apr-15 12:07 PM, #13
Reply RE: Thanks for the lessons., Talisin (Anonymous), 04-Apr-15 09:59 AM, #8
Reply Suicidal Learning. , Perpetual_Noob, 04-Apr-15 12:05 PM, #12
Reply Some valid points but how does parity get you raped?, TJHuron, 04-Apr-15 10:59 AM, #9
Reply How does parity get you raped?, Gutakyla (Anonymous), 04-Apr-15 11:42 AM, #10
     Reply Yes. It makes sense what you are saying, TJHuron, 05-Apr-15 03:37 PM, #18
          Reply Hopefully Verathi takes the Kastellyn approach to Battl..., Lhydia, 05-Apr-15 04:28 PM, #19
Reply Realty Reflection, Perpetual_Noob, 04-Apr-15 11:51 AM, #11
     Reply RE: Realty Reflection, Verathi, 19-Apr-15 10:19 AM, #20
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Gutakyla the Legend of the Batt..., marintok, 03-Apr-15 09:50 AM, #2
Reply Keep up the good work., Perpetual_Noob, 03-Apr-15 07:28 PM, #4
Reply Well now., Huacan (Anonymous), 03-Apr-15 07:51 AM, #1
     Reply I did have fun., Perpetual_Noob, 03-Apr-15 07:30 PM, #5

Kregan (Anonymous)Sat 04-Apr-15 04:07 PM
Charter member
#123946, "RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Gutakyla the Legend of the Batt..."
In response to Reply #0

Wow you faded fast I had seen you maybe 3-4 times fought you once and then con death. Good work trying something different don't worry about what others say sometimes those off paper builds may work. I think it's refreshing to see something different And probably was to play as well.

GLWYN

Perpetual_NoobSat 04-Apr-15 07:46 PM
Member since 28th Jul 2012
358 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#123948, "I would like to think of it more as a bright meteor tha..."
In response to Reply #16

I went through a lot of con just trying to get to hero (NPC death) and figuring out being a warrior/villager.

Sadly this was a case where the combo wasn't effective against the current enemy builds... bards, dex warriors, necromancers. The majority of my deaths were from the first and third. It might have succeeded against a heavy shapeshifter / invoker / non-dexy population. That and in experienced hands.

Byantar (Anonymous)Sat 04-Apr-15 09:28 AM
Charter member
#123936, "Glad to see you go out with CON death"
In response to Reply #0

It's been real hard trucking a villager these past few weeks. Overwhelming odds and very few ways to overcome them.

Anyways, I thought you were a well-played character. Always willing to help out, and you'll definitely be missed come Rites... if they ever occur!

I'm honestly wondering if they're looking to phase out Battle. I hope not!

GLWYN.

Perpetual_NoobSat 04-Apr-15 02:23 PM
358 posts
#123943, "I tried to be a "good" villager."
In response to Reply #7

An honorable warrior and a comrade-in-arms to all. I didn't out right hand things to evil villagers, but I did put things in the pit I thought they could use.

If the village is phased out, I am okay with that... though the serial villagers would most likely end up in outlander or empire... My guess is that they just didn't want me in the rites because I would have taken you all out! Haha just kidding.

Byantar (Anonymous)Sat 04-Apr-15 02:46 PM
Charter member
#123944, "That must be it! nt"
In response to Reply #14

nt

Gutakyla (Anonymous)Fri 03-Apr-15 07:26 PM
Charter member
#123930, "Thanks for the lessons."
In response to Reply #0

reply and I'll respond.

Loved to die and learn and thank you to the enemies and village who helped me figure out the way of the warrior... Still, it'snot my thing.

I don't want to spew my venom... but here is some funny with my venom.

You know it sucks to be a Villager when:
1) Invoker pit under centurions with imperials around.
2) Pepper Dust
3) Parity is gonna get you raped.
4) You're resting at the Destuctor and the giant just died.
5) You've gone to the talshidar caves while a ghost and became whole before getting out and you're not an arial/cloud.
6) You don't have the head.

I love to play, I hate the requirements in this game (roles,obs/exp exp). If you don't believe they are a requirement see what happens when you don't do them.

Giants warriors < Dex warriors hands down.

Heavy weapons hitting more often was great in theory, but not able implement even with Fist of titans though. Also see Giants < Dex warriors

Balance of the sisters despite being advertised as being able to wield equal weight weapons (axe/mace) must still be lighter in the dual wield side.

Even at 24 str you can't dual wield two hefty (34lb)axes.

I'm sorry to be negative... I do honestly love playing this game, but I was happy that this character was done.

Nuerria (Anonymous)Fri 03-Apr-15 11:45 PM
Charter member
#123934, "I think I avoided fighting you"
In response to Reply #3

I was for some reason sure that it's a true newbie playing the character. You sure seemed to die a lot and I don't think I ever pursued you because of that. Try a dexy warrior, you'll be surprised how fragile they are pre-hero. Also, I would plan out my build very differently if doing storm villager. There are plenty of ideas, but fist/balance would never even occur to me. Take it as you will, feel free to solicit detailed advise if you actually want any. Builds that come to my mind if you want to do axe/mace storm is trapping/crashing, trapping/fist, chilling/cry, soul/cry, trapping/cry, etc. Hell, even soul/riddle IMHO would be better.

Perpetual_NoobSat 04-Apr-15 12:07 PM
358 posts
#123942, "I wish you would have fought me."
In response to Reply #6

Had so few mage fights... I did well against Hoy's vulture/gorilla combo and was hoping to see what I would do against another.

Yes, my warrior was built on so many misconceptions.... live and learn.

Talisin (Anonymous)Sat 04-Apr-15 09:59 AM
Charter member
#123937, "RE: Thanks for the lessons."
In response to Reply #3

I loved your positive attitude, though you seemed suicidal at times. I don't think your legacy choices really helped you against your current set of enemies--but I don't really know anything about playing successful warriors.

It really seemed like the village was going to be a force, with 5 hero level warriors with similar playtimes, and then everyone else just disappeared.

Wished you'd made it to the rites, since I'm guessing they're a lot of fun. GLWYN.

Perpetual_NoobSat 04-Apr-15 12:05 PM
358 posts
#123941, "Suicidal Learning. "
In response to Reply #8

It wasn't until my last three deaths at the empire that I was suicidal. Every time I went for a fight I had a plan. Sometimes the plan failed horribly (going for the head with you marintok and the trap thief), and sometimes it worked really well, e.g. Bloodthirst right away on you while cranialing the healer. I really tried to learn something from every fight... like resting where I did when you got yourself killed. I appreciate you spelling bards out for me.

I really was expecting to fight more mages/warriors. I fought so few. Khal,Nhil and Hoy was it for mages, and Marintok and Sindrir were the only warriors.

I lost my #### with fighting the poison thief two characters back and have really tried to put away emotions when I log in. So my positive attitude is a product of that lesson learned.

Better luck next time for me.

Kudos to your character, BTW I was the svirf invoker you ranked with in the 20s and early 30s before I got the idea for Guta.

TJHuronSat 04-Apr-15 10:59 AM
Member since 28th Nov 2007
1132 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#123938, "Some valid points but how does parity get you raped?"
In response to Reply #3

Either you're fighting one on one or you aren't. It's not like you get ganged down and have to fight by yourself.

Gutakyla (Anonymous)Sat 04-Apr-15 11:42 AM
Charter member
#123939, "How does parity get you raped?"
In response to Reply #9

In truth, it doesn't. Perhaps it is the parity hammer of the past, or a parity-correctness mentality, but when the village was fighting people it was 80% of the time 1v2+. There were 1v1 fights and that is where parity is to be. So few villagers wanted to team up for anything other than offensive raid. My experience was that occasionally you would get verbal coordination to attack a party at the same time, but other than that... no rescues, no fallback / joint attacks. So it is that individual mentality that really gets you raped. Especially when your enemy works as an effective team, e.g. Marintok & Talisin.

Does that make sense?

TJHuronSun 05-Apr-15 03:37 PM
Member since 28th Nov 2007
1132 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#123958, "Yes. It makes sense what you are saying"
In response to Reply #10

I apparently have that lone wolf mentality myself when playing battle and it was something Verathi tried to ween out of me with my last.

I can see how people playing villager err on the side of caution when it come to making a coordinated attack on people outside of raids. I mean if you screw it up youre pretty much labeled a ####ball villager who breaks parity.

For example, as much as I actually like Jerry I've played along side him in Battle too often where he made me nervous because he would push the envelope. I'm sure people try to avoid those situations by hunting solo. Heck I've seen Thror boot him for breaking the parity of my fight before. Truthfully, It was also a factor in why I deleted Ruosti. I play for fun and it was stressing my out that I knew I would probably have to boot him eventually, even though I still like the guy.

LhydiaSun 05-Apr-15 04:28 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
2390 posts
#123959, "Hopefully Verathi takes the Kastellyn approach to Battl..."
In response to Reply #18

When Thror was solely in charge all Battle was held accountable to the tablet. Some of my best interactions with Kastellyn though were him making fun of Thror and telling me (defender) he expected me to live by the plaque not the tablet at all times. Meaning if you aren't a berserker kill the mage by any means necessary.

Perpetual_NoobSat 04-Apr-15 11:51 AM
358 posts
#123940, "Realty Reflection"
In response to Reply #3

1) I made a horribly ineffective combo of race/weapon/legacy/and my two true edges I could afford. So it most likely isn't Giant < Dex Melee.
2) My knowledge of non-magic gear that warriors need was horrible... Thank god for what I did know. - I didn't realize just how gear dependant warriors are... Then I see that the most effective warriors have the gear and the preps.
3) I was a novice warrior and that was why I was not effective - refence point 1.
4) Again, I am very thankful to both the allies and enemies that gave me pointers in the right direction.
5) Where were the rites!?!? I really wanted to be in the rites.

VerathiSun 19-Apr-15 10:19 AM
Member since 10th Dec 2014
92 posts
#124061, "RE: Realty Reflection"
In response to Reply #11

I had been thinking about this thread for a while, and with rites just being completed decided to at least let you know it was nothing personal. Just a matter of scheduling conflicts and real life priorities.

marintokFri 03-Apr-15 09:50 AM
Member since 23rd Nov 2014
70 posts
#123925, "RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Gutakyla the Legend of the Batt..."
In response to Reply #0

i liked the way you played, you were hell or high water type of player and that is fun to play against/with. But I did see this coming but didnt think it would happen so quickly, i kept waiting to eat a huge flurry off of you but never saw it, good luck with your next

marintok

Perpetual_NoobFri 03-Apr-15 07:28 PM
358 posts
#123931, "Keep up the good work."
In response to Reply #2
Edited on Fri 03-Apr-15 07:28 PM

You're character is great, and your logs are fun.

I would have loved to have gotten to fight you more one on one, but that's just how it is. I think the only 1v1 we had was when I was 44 and you were 51.

You were never going to get a big flurry from me... Axe/Mace specs.

See you in the fields.

Huacan (Anonymous)Fri 03-Apr-15 07:51 AM
Charter member
#123924, "Well now."
In response to Reply #0

That was certainly a very tough road to hoe. I'm glad you came back and finished up. The village is in some of the worst shape it's been in for years with the current crop of enemies but it's still very nice to see someone stick it out through it all. I hope you had some fun.

Perpetual_NoobFri 03-Apr-15 07:30 PM
358 posts
#123932, "I did have fun."
In response to Reply #1

I don't know what my tough road to hoe was... I simply was a noob warrior. I would have loved to see the rites, but nearly a month after the commander falls... nada. Perhaps they just didn't want me in it. :-p

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #123923 Previous topic | Next topic