Subject: "(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Hoysepis the Earth-Loving Shapech..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #123859
Show all folders

Death_AngelFri 27-Mar-15 10:20 AM
Member since 25th Sep 2024
17181 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#123859, "(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Hoysepis the Earth-Loving Shapechanger, Catches Rocks with his Face"

Fri Mar 27 10:18:12 2015

At 11 o'clock AM, Day of the Bull, 22nd of the Month of the Ancient Darkness
on the Theran calendar Hoysepis perished, never to return.

Race:svirfnebli
Class:shapeshifter
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:281

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Yup Bye., Hoysepis (Anonymous), 13-Apr-15 02:33 PM, #7
Reply Great character, excellent post., Dallevian, 13-Apr-15 04:52 PM, #9
Reply RE: Yup Bye., Strienat, 13-Apr-15 07:18 PM, #10
Reply Agree with all this, incognito, 14-Apr-15 01:20 AM, #11
Reply RE: Agree with all this, Umiron, 14-Apr-15 06:48 AM, #13
     Reply Depends on what the definition of cheating is., TMNS, 14-Apr-15 07:27 AM, #15
     Reply Might be a communication issue, incognito, 14-Apr-15 10:21 AM, #16
          Reply So in light of this, incognito, 14-Apr-15 11:11 AM, #17
               Reply Got it. Please read., Umiron, 14-Apr-15 11:25 AM, #18
Reply You kept me on my toes, Tsalantha (Anonymous), 14-Apr-15 06:58 AM, #14
Reply Huge blow to the tree!, Liantae (Anonymous), 29-Mar-15 07:04 PM, #6
Reply My first encounter with you, Bemused, 27-Mar-15 07:03 PM, #5
Reply I know exactly who you are, and in normal CF community ..., Hoysepis (Anonymous), 13-Apr-15 02:37 PM, #8
     Reply You are getting me mixed up with someone else then, Bemused, 14-Apr-15 03:10 AM, #12
Reply RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Hoysepis the Earth-Loving Sha..., Kregan (Anonymous), 27-Mar-15 07:02 PM, #4
Reply Extremely good, Humbert, 27-Mar-15 05:35 PM, #3
Reply RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Hoysepis the Earth-Loving Sha..., Verathi, 27-Mar-15 10:38 AM, #2
Reply Awesome., Raeth (Anonymous), 27-Mar-15 10:24 AM, #1

Hoysepis (Anonymous)Mon 13-Apr-15 02:33 PM
Charter member
#124004, "Yup Bye."
In response to Reply #0

I have been waffling back and forth to posting or not. I will post but keep it general and short.

The Good
I had a good time with my form mix. I had good interactions with both enemies and friends of the Outlander cabal. All in all it was a somewhat good experience. It was what it was, although lacking flavor this time.

The I Don't Understand

Wand system. Why is it that there is an ability to get same locations multiple times, back to back. And why in the current landscape did you not adjust the locations to not be so stupid hard? It is not like there is 25 people in PK you can go select from to get a really hard rod. It took me 14 attempts and killing over 400+ undead, just to get into the stupid Church to get my rod. I mean, come on. I don't have time anymore to invest this stupid amount of time. Please consider that with all further changes.

Immortal role/exp change. Before change, had some edges, some interactions, some immortal exp. After change, I think I had a total of 800 over 200 hours. And I think some of that came before. The system isn't working. Well it is, but just for specific immortals/followers/and their friends. Which brings me to the Bad, and how this change has made the Bad worse. This actually forces more weight on immortals and after the first couple months interactions have dropped off to almost 0. Now its a job for Immortals and its annoying. They don't do it. And players now suffer too.

The Bad
I recently had a set of discoveries regarding current CF landscape of which has made me rethink if I should really continue to play in such an uphill, OOC built, community. Of which it is not the laurels of which you perform within game, but the connections you have on the outside which bring benefit. I have always tried to stay away from that side, but even being on the edge of the CF community, I am privy to all kinds of going ons that just make me wonder if it is worth it. It is hard to keep a straight face, none the less an RP environment, knowing that Character X is a constructed power build buddy character to immortal Y, or that Imperial A, B, C, D, and E are all an OOC ring built specifically for Hell trips and loggings on and off in just the right amount to not "violate" the rules. Or that Character Z has two other OOC buddies who are lowbie scouters scouting his enemies for him and reporting locations so he can log on, attack, and log off within 20 or so minutes to avoid reprisals and get surprise attack. In an effort to build a massive AP weapon and character.

Or the best, is yet another character that would require a very certain specific set of build, all to work perfectly and to get them close to each other, of which one circumstance is basically impossible and has only happened probably 15 to 20 times in CF total, for the build to even remotely work. And that happens all within 100 hours, including tattoo. *boggled* And in 300 hours I cannot even get the "Ancients" to talk to me after a dozen prayers.

How is it, that I, who tries to avoid all OOC contact with CF, has first hand knowledge of this, and the immortals, with tools, IPs, everything, seems kind of oblivious to it?

Just don't get it. Just don't.

DallevianMon 13-Apr-15 04:52 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1639 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#124006, "Great character, excellent post."
In response to Reply #7

Hopefully someone responds to this because you're right.

StrienatMon 13-Apr-15 07:18 PM
Member since 23rd Dec 2013
76 posts
#124007, "RE: Yup Bye."
In response to Reply #7

Well, I'm probably going to copy you in this a little.

The Good
You were very scary in PK. I think people completely crapped their pants when they saw you on. I know I would have with your build. You did very well in that aspect of the game and have hurt the Tree in their fight with the Spire quite a bit.

The Bad
I'm sorry that you felt that you've had such a horrible situation with the IMMs and the changes that we felt were best for the game. Although this is probably not a happy thing most people will hear from me, I agreed and still agree with both of these changes. I am also sorry you did not get the attention you felt you deserved, but I will tell you from my perspective from what I could see at the time, I did not see much RP from you in general. If I could give you XP for every time you went and killed someone, you would have been amazingly blessed. But I couldn't and I wouldn't. I think you had a interesting take on the svirfnebli race but I never really SAW anything from you about it.

In conclusion
All this being said, I think you had an interesting character, one that I think could have been so much more with a bit better push into it. I do hope that you do not take this personal criticsm from me to a level that keeps you away from Outlander or CF in the future, as I believe you as well as every player is a huge boon to our game we all share.

incognitoTue 14-Apr-15 01:20 AM
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#124008, "Agree with all this"
In response to Reply #7

Only reason I don't share what I know of what you describe is I know it's already been brought to the imms attention.

A big chunk of our playerbase are cheats. It's incredibly frustrating that it keeps paying off for them.

Do I dislike them? No. Actually they are kind of fun to be around in game apart from the tendency to have ooc buddies giving them kinds of help that are not appropriate.

Anyway, you were really tough and pretty clever with your tactics. I thought I had you a few times but never could finish you off. In fact, each time I failed to even come close!

UmironTue 14-Apr-15 06:48 AM
Member since 29th May 2017
1497 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#124010, "RE: Agree with all this"
In response to Reply #11

If you have reason to believe that someone is cheating please let us know. To my knowledge, we have not received any "tips" from players recently with the exception of a couple vague and frustrated claims that not only offered no evidence or explanation, but did not even go so far as to name individual characters.

Basically, put up or shut up. And either way, don't do it on the forums please.

TMNSTue 14-Apr-15 07:27 AM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#124013, "Depends on what the definition of cheating is."
In response to Reply #13

Because by some definitions, probably 60% of the playerbase (including multiple IMMS) is cheating.

But I'm guessing most of the stuff they are talking about is OOC rumors and stuff, of which probably 50% is true and 50% is ####.

incognitoTue 14-Apr-15 10:21 AM
4495 posts
#124014, "Might be a communication issue"
In response to Reply #13

Because I've been told by someone that they passed specific info to the imms, including character names and details of how they are known to be cheating. But then that they heard nothing so gave up.

I'll follow it up.

incognitoTue 14-Apr-15 11:11 AM
4495 posts
#124015, "So in light of this"
In response to Reply #16

Perhaps you could confirm that the email I've sent you has arrived please.

UmironTue 14-Apr-15 11:25 AM
Member since 29th May 2017
1497 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#124016, "Got it. Please read."
In response to Reply #17

In the future, please send stuff like this to imms@carrionfields.com or, if you suspect cheating involves a staff member, imps@carrionfields.com.

This reduces the likelihood that your message will end up rejected due to a full inbox or ignored because it was marked by spam or the individual immortal you picked isn't paying attention, etc.

Tsalantha (Anonymous)Tue 14-Apr-15 06:58 AM
Charter member
#124011, "You kept me on my toes"
In response to Reply #7

I never could figure out a tactic that worked against you. You just poured out so much damage which coupled with the lagging meant I was almost always fleeing.

I hope I'm not the ap you are talking about. I do get the odd tip off from lowbies but mostly because they have their own motive, like looting whoever dies or just getting an imperial killed. Usually I'm logged on for a long time and I don't think I've ever surprised someone through a log in.

There are a couple of aps that I think you might be referring to though. I like the challenge of doing it myself and don't like to see others do it without facing the challenge in the right spirit.

Liantae (Anonymous)Sun 29-Mar-15 07:04 PM
Charter member
#123903, "Huge blow to the tree!"
In response to Reply #0

You rocked! I loved your RP and you were fantastic in PK! You were so quick!

Great character! Why the early delete?

BemusedFri 27-Mar-15 07:03 PM
Member since 15th Oct 2013
665 posts
#123874, "My first encounter with you"
In response to Reply #0

You got an extremely cheap kill on me after I fought off a tough fiend from some Nexun bard and you went on to try to full loot me including quest character only items. Then you proceed to tell me to be quiet and consider myself lucky (for whatever reason) when I ask for quest items back that no-one else on the mud can use. Left an extremely bad player hating taste in my mouth for an obvious power PK combo.

Hoysepis (Anonymous)Mon 13-Apr-15 02:37 PM
Charter member
#124005, "I know exactly who you are, and in normal CF community ..."
In response to Reply #5

I didn't full loot you.

It wasn't a "cheap" kill.

I took 3 items, two Hell items, and one I needed. 3 items. Hell item 1 was taken for RP reasons, Hell item 2 was taken because I never saw it before and wished to mess with it a bit. And when you started whining like a baby I don't have time to deal with it. You lost 3 items in your perfect set. None of which were critical to your build, and you had ample weapons/belongings in your "backup set" that covered it without loss.

BemusedTue 14-Apr-15 02:44 AM
Member since 15th Oct 2013
665 posts
#124009, "You are getting me mixed up with someone else then"
In response to Reply #8
Edited on Tue 14-Apr-15 03:10 AM

I was Eustatius. You killed me at the temple altar in Galadon when I was on about 200 hps from a bard nightmare. I fled into the slave pens and you did a "get all corpse" taking as much as you could leaving me with a few pieces of crap. My gear wasn't even that good as I hadn't been to hell at that stage and I don't think I was even hero. All I asked for in return was the quest items you couldn't use. You refused. Great first encounter with you.

So yes, it was a cheap kill and yes you took a lot more than 3 items. Obviously post that incident I didn't think very highly of you.

EDIT: Regarding "It took me 14 attempts and killing over 400+ undead, just to get into the stupid Church to get my rod." - there is a specific path through that maze.

Kregan (Anonymous)Fri 27-Mar-15 07:02 PM
Charter member
#123873, "RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Hoysepis the Earth-Loving Sha..."
In response to Reply #0

I am really sorry to see this ... But Kregan is 100% relieved.

You were an extremely classy player, extremely aggressive and deadly. Well done on all fronts. You had an ability to be a massive swing in a lot of fight and boy oh boy were you a tough fight.

I think there is a lot more to what I am about to say, .. alot more ... but if I had your mix of forms and got offered a special form the first thing I would ask would be "Got anything better than the silverback?" then after a bit of back and forth my final reply would be "Yeah didn't think so". You really made your forms shine in a way that I did not see in the other air/silverback combinations I fought as Kregan. So I know its not the form itself but your application of those forms was near perfect.

GLWYN

HumbertFri 27-Mar-15 05:35 PM
Member since 13th Jun 2009
179 posts
#123872, "Extremely good"
In response to Reply #0

I wish I could play as well as you in the PK-mechanical sense, but I do not think I would ever reach that level of proficiency even if I were to play a lot for the next 2 years.

Very curious to know who your other characters are, if you are willing to divulge. Easily the strongest player I've met as Altariel.

I also liked the fact that you were quite sportsmanlike unlike many of Tongni's characters (Fatfrumos was his I think, but correct me if I'm wrong), despite having his level of skill.

VerathiFri 27-Mar-15 10:38 AM
Member since 10th Dec 2014
92 posts
#123862, "RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Hoysepis the Earth-Loving Sha..."
In response to Reply #0

I got to see lots of sides of this char and I was a fanboy.

Raeth (Anonymous)Fri 27-Mar-15 10:24 AM
Charter member
#123860, "Awesome."
In response to Reply #0

You were awesome.

I enjoyed every interaction, RP/Adventure/PK all top notch. You were (in my opinion) easily the most dangerous player in the game. In fact, when I was thinking of rolling up an imperial blade to give it a go, I was wondering how on earth I was going to avoid you in hero range

great char, awesome all around - good luck with your next.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #123859 Previous topic | Next topic