Subject: "(DELETED) [SCARAB] Siegmar Steinberg the Master of Guil..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #123809
Show all folders

Death_AngelSun 22-Mar-15 03:04 PM
Member since 25th Sep 2024
17181 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#123809, "(DELETED) [SCARAB] Siegmar Steinberg the Master of Guile"

Sun Mar 22 15:01:06 2015

At 11 o'clock PM, Day of the Great Gods, 5th of the Month of the Great Evil
on the Theran calendar Siegmar perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:thief
Level:36
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:SCARAB, the Cult of the Scarab
Hours:165

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

QuixoticSun 22-Mar-15 03:24 PM
Member since 09th Feb 2006
837 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#123810, "RE: (DELETED) [SCARAB] Siegmar Steinberg the Master of ..."
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Sun 22-Mar-15 03:25 PM

Poisoner: Third poisoner. Too much to practice for too low a success rate and too much expense. I found mindcontrol was useless in obtaining gear unless it was creatures too weak to want their gear. Changes in gentlewalk and gold gathering did not raise my excitement any, either. I was sincerely surprised when Valg said that poisoners were not toned down, as my experience seemed then to be statistically anomalous. Whatever. Edit to add: I do not believe toning down edge points does this class any favors, either.

Scarab: A profound lack of allies, dismally few roleplaying opportunities, and no pk power at my fingertips made logins a chore.

Immortals: I had hoped that the rolecontest reward would excite my interest to play Siegmar, but for one reason or another I never saw nor heard from Umiron despite regular play and a note after two weeks of waiting. I think I saw Scarabaeus once, when I was about 20 hours old.

On the positive side, I have a list of over 80 poison ingredients and many recipes that reap above-level poison vials that occasionally even work.

Kregan (Anonymous)Sun 22-Mar-15 05:57 PM
Charter member
#123813, "RE: (DELETED) [SCARAB] Siegmar Steinberg the Master of ..."
In response to Reply #1

I am sorry to hear that things fizzled out in this way.

I guess a few things, perhaps this is my take on things ... if you can see 36 people on the who list you have 35 people that you can potentially role-play with. (I know I say this with very little knowledge on what you did so please take it with a grain of salt if I am out of line)

As for the role contest side of things if I was in your shoes I would have waited months ... Sometimes you just get ####ty luck and it needs to be trudged through.

But yeah if your not enjoying it the point does diminish ... But the least you could have done was pass the role torch to me first

GLWYN

UmironTue 24-Mar-15 03:33 PM
Member since 29th May 2017
1497 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#123836, "Apologies."
In response to Reply #1

I dropped the ball here.

Role Contest prizes usually require coordinating with sufficiently high level immortal which I hadn't been having much luck doing. I should've resorted to a note/email after a week or so of trying, in addition to letting you know it was a work in progress.

Sorry about that.

QuixoticTue 24-Mar-15 05:46 PM
Member since 09th Feb 2006
837 posts
#123840, "No worries."
In response to Reply #3

Care to share what the reward was?

I'm hoping you'll give me a good reason to groan and bash my head against a table.

TheProphet1Tue 24-Mar-15 05:56 PM
Member since 11th Jan 2012
175 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#123841, "I heard it was 100% poison success rate + barrier skill..."
In response to Reply #4

nt

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #123809 Previous topic | Next topic