Subject: "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Kaersylia Lor'arthos the Grand Mis..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #123624
Show all folders

Death_AngelSat 28-Feb-15 09:20 PM
Member since 25th Sep 2024
17181 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#123624, "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Kaersylia Lor'arthos the Grand Mistress of Artistry"

Sat Feb 28 20:17:12 2015

At 3 o'clock PM, Day of the Moon, 21st of the Month of the Dark Shades
on the Theran calendar Kaersylia perished, never to return.

Race:elf
Class:bard
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:91

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TMNSSat 28-Feb-15 10:17 PM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#123625, "Goodbyes plus minor rants."
In response to Reply #0

Here's the things I liked about this character:

Bards are kinda cool.

Here's the things I didn't like about this character:

No bard edge for not hitting good-aligns that I could see (and I asked on newbie channel...crickets)

Way too many stupid newb deaths before I realized bard song lag/capabilities. Only IMM xp I got in the character's life was sending another character a funny tell after I died horribly to some lowbie mob.

Not being able to do a damn thing about absurdly stupid Empire O'Clock times (also, all Evils...not just Empire). When Artenel was burning brightly/fading fast, we stood a chance. Otherwise, it was just stupid. Empire has lowbie support (healers/trannies) and decked solid Hero presence. I'm not going to spew vitriol over some of the characters involved, however.

Here's the things that made me want to delete (but I didn't...those times):

Dying for RP. It sucks, especially when you literally get nothing for it other than a "that-a-boy" occasionaly. The time I died at the Outlander Refuge was really the death knell to that character. Lilyth/Milounthiel/Artenel kept begging me to come and aid them when I had already survived 1 5 on 1 due to super-prepping/luck, and of course I come and they all teleport out and I die to a 5 on 1...again.

Getting abandoned by allies to die horribly. First time this happened I lost link and reconnected to sitting at my pit. That kinda sucked. Was 4 people in my group and only 3 Empire, but whatever. I died 4 more times like this.

Not being able to land a PK to save my life. Trekberg was my one and only PK (not bad eh?). A support character needs...support to be affective. Reminded me of the end of my Imperial Healer's life. If you are a support character with 0 competant allies, you're basically a pointless character.

Things I want to rant about:

Erbe, go #### yourself. I don't care if that's your role, your RP is perfect...it's incredibly soul-crushing to see a lowbie rolling around every hero-range fight ready to loot. I hope you ####ing delete the moment you lose your set.

Dog-piling ####s. Hey, it's great that Empire is going gang-busters now. But WTF? They have two transmuters (fort has 0), two healers (fort has...Liffy), and two bards (fort has 0...now). They have constant council presence at all times. Add to the fact everytime I had a rare piece of gear it was definitely getting looted if I died...and yeah, #### that.

Soul-killing mob deaths. I cannot tell you how many mob-deaths I had where the mob was convulsing and it got two "god" rounds on me. I had a mob hit me 8 times in 3 rounds in melee through echoes the moment anthem dropped...after it hit me 8 times in 22 rounds before that.

Just ####ty Luck. I had 40 group teleports where I never landed somewhere bad (with a healer support). I quaff a teleport after fighting 2 hero-range evils...and land in a norecall, super aggro area. I die...and of course my corpse gets found by the Dread Lady and looted.

Fortress. Holy ####. Well, the good news is this finally killed my desire to play good-align. After 5 Fort chars/Fort apps, I'm done. Completely and utterly done. Sick of not being able to get certain gear re: other goodies having it, sick of jumping through hoops to get full cabal powers, sick of being nice to stupid/stoned/crazy people because they have a gold aura, sick of dying for RP (also, Valg, you talked trash on me once for not playing good aligns but expecting them to RP a certain way...well, I put my money where my mouth was...I died for my allies more than any good align I can remember in the last few years).

Goodbyes, and thoughts:

I rolled Kaersylia about 2? hrs after I deleted Mhaerdhess. Fort had no bard, needed a bard, viola.

The first 20 hrs of this character, whenever I logged on, there was 19282818218282 Empire characters, and 0 anyone else. I was the one posting a lot of those logs on Dio's with who lists where 12/15 of the players were Empire, etc.

Eventually, after I pledged, I get asked to join a group by a headstrong elf. After 20 minutes of rank-time pwnage, I realize it's FtG. He has a very distinctive playstyle/RP. So I get excited, ####, he's exactly the type of player Fort needs right now. So my character basically falls in love with him.

We rank like ####ers, and I can't complain, because I'm mastering songs/#### just by ranking quickly. I have no idea where he gets the idea we ranked 1-30 together. He was rank 20 the first time I ever met him.

We kill two lowbie Imperials (Tallith/Nazgrum), and for once, the who list doesn't look daunting. I start building a decent set, but lose it due to the LD death I mentioned above. Build another decent set, lose it again to 4 in Imperial lands. Build another set, lose it again to 3 in Imperial Lands. Get hit with an absurdly nasty bug, but #### it, I'll keep trucking along because IMMs seem to like those characters that overcome ####.

Eventually, I hero Artenel, and he starts beating ass and taking names. In a 24 hr period, we killed Xeneth, he killed Khal and Altariel, we killed Trekberg twice, he killed him with Shantalah once, he killed Kregan, etc. I lead a crazy explore trip with some people and show them Dragon Tower Ruins, and I get the super happy fun-time harp.

I hero somewhere along this time (I literally ranked 47-50 just from explore trips etc), and then "die for my RP" event happens. Artenel flips out on me because, OOC, I ruined a chance to kill those characters, but IC, I'm totally in the right. Sadly, I felt like that was the last straw for FtG (in that I told him I wasn't going to be his personal singer anymore if he liked Lilyth more...again RPizzle) and so he bitched out my char IC and then deleted OOC and made me feel even worse.

So I decide to stick it out. I've been a pledge for 50+ hrs/10 days or so. I can handle adversity. I was Commander of the village without Truesight for ####'s sake. I eventually get IMM inducted by Avderlain (which was awesome, thanks for that), but even that made me want to delete. He comes to me as Trekberg starts raiding the cabal. After some RPizzle, Trekberg dies to the Watcher, and GETS NUERRIA TO OPEN THE CABAL BACK UP SO HE CAN GET TO HIS CORPSE. Sadly, this happened because Avderlain inducted me as a scribe first, and we had to deal with fixing that, but c'est la vie. I finally become a squire, just in time for the Watcher to die, me to come in and fight the two of them with no support, and teleport into the aforementioned angry place.

So, since I'm now a squire, I feel like, ####, I should probably retrieve. It doesn't matter that my range is 3 Imperial Heroes, Trekberg, Nuerria (Falcon is ####ing nasty OMG). I send a tell to Trekberg, and amazingly realize he's in a bad area. So I go to retrieve...but wouldn't you know it I run out of mana due to plague/songs and die to Tremblefist when he is convulsing for 10 straight rounds (he had to have like 22 hp at the end). I almost delete right there, but instead, get drunk (my character's way of dealing with MY OOC anger), and try again. I DIE AGAIN to Tremblefist, after Throndin walks in during song lag and I hit him with one of my songs.

Eventually, I get the orb back...to die to Trekberg because he called in the Dread Lady and I'm maledicted from Tremblefist so no recall (he hit the damnation as he convulsed...of course) and I hadn't been able to buy teleport potions.

I could mention the last week...but it's really pointless. Just a lot of me fighting various people, not killing them but somehow not dying either, meeting the Marshall (awesome...shame it only happened once), building a set back up, etc.

So tonight I log on, see two other Fort heroes, three Imperial heroes and Trekberg. I'm like, sweet, let's do this! Then I realize we don't have the orb. Then I realize both of the other heroes died in an Area explore 5 minutes into my login. So I sleep Xeneth in Hamsah and decide to at least try and kill a set of Centurions. But of course, lowbie Empire healer wakes him, and I die at Centurions horribly because of course it's impossible to flee from them. In the end, I could have taken a 2 week break and played my lowbie, but then, why not just delete and play my lowbie without worrying it looks bad? Why do I give a #### if Fort stays in the ####ter?

Trekberg - Awesome, though, like with Mhaerdhess, when you join the Imperial Crush Squad it just makes it overkill. You guys shouldn't be so buddy buddy, especially considering they've killed you. Glad after Erbe fulled you you got back on your feet.

Jeger - You're the only one left from the rank-train. Good luck. You'll ####ing need it.

Liffy - I swear, you drive me crazy. Your RP is hilarious, but you are the least effective healer I've ever played with. I had no confidence in your ability to keep me alive, ever.

Xeneth - Liked you. Walked alone at times. Very emperor-ish. Watch out for the coup.

Khalmarnasa - You're a douche. Way to loot my corpse of goodie-only items when I died a terrible mob death after fighting Trek/Nuerria. Other than that, fun PKing against you, you do take on some odds (the 1 hr of the week you are not in power, that is).

Jeede - ####ing scary. Assassinated me 10 minutes after I logged on. Was not the way to start a login.

Forvengweth - One day, you and Nhasheli will get bored or age die. Maybe then Fort will have a chance. You were relatively classy.

Szeven - Who? Saw you twice the whole character's life. Once was when you gayed me for the happy canteen (I got the scroll twice in the character's life...and both times no canteen. FU IMMs), the other was when you were part of the 5 on 1 on me in Imperial Lands.

Aelmaelus - I remember from Mhaerdhess how awesome you are. Hopefully you can build the Fort back up, but it won't happen until the playerbase decides to sack up and grow some balls.

Milounthiel - Kaer liked you because you were an elf. She was starting to get a very low opinion of Outlanders.

Lilyth - It's kinda funny to me that my favorite two (in theory) chars of the last 18 months you kinda destroyed. One was a mino when you were lowbie and you just KEPT killing me over and over and I just didn't see it getting any better, and then you being such a passive-aggressive bitch to Kaer after her death (granted, I was a drunk raving lunatic, and actually your RP helped shape her, but still) when she came to save YOUR home and YOUR ass and YOUR item. Anywhoo, you're a beast.

Keara - Still awesome as always. Sorry I've now burned through two characters you showed around.

Assorted Fort lowbies: I tried to be around so you had hero presence and didn't feel like you'd be retrieving non-stop. I tried to make time (if I had it) for any and every fort lowbie who made their presence known to me. I probably failed in that regards quite a bit, but then again, I was only a squire for 10 hrs.

Anywhoo, all in all a very frustrating character, yet again. Got hit with a bug that affected my character, AGAIN. Jumped through hoops for the first time (which sucked), but my ####ty mob-death luck continued. My ####ty PK luck continued (people always escape me convulsing and live, yet I fail flees at writhing at die all the time) and my getting looted every death luck continued. Favorite me getting looted story:

Kregan did a painting about this, so I'll give you the backstory. After I die to Trekberg in the above story (though it may have been a couple hours later when I logged on...not the same login...I know it was the same day though), I notice all the Imperial heroes quit out. So I'm like "Self, you're a squire now, go take the Codex and make THEM retrieve". Zraerael is on, but there's a paladin in her range. So I go, I kill the Blademaster/Warlock, but need to flee/rest a bit. I sleep for two hours, and unknown to me, Zraerael comes in in those two hours (invisible), and summons some evil, angry mobs to the Council. I wake up, throw up a where, see nothing (because detect invis) dropped, and go up and sing symphonic....and die terribly. Zraerael offers to give me my gear back (classy) but as he is doing this, apparently the paladin summoned his zombie and killed it, so poof goes the majority of my gear. Lost an item that literally cannot be replaced on my build (super happy harp) as well as many other things.

All in all, I've had more fun on my 34 hr lowbie than I did the last 400 hrs on my last 4 chars (Vaedhor, Azrhagha, Mhaerdhess, Kaersylia) so I decided to make that my MAIN char and not an ALT. This game is fun, but holy #### have the last couple characters I've tried been anything but.

Keara (Anonymous)Sun 01-Mar-15 10:01 AM
Charter member
#123627, "Really"
In response to Reply #1

Well, two in a row I liked. Two in a row you deleted too quickly. Two in a row that were fun to play with. Two in a row that bitched too much on the boards.

Sammy, you make me bipolar.

Anyway, keep trucking along, maaaaybe shhhhh on the bitching a little bit while your characters are active, and best of luck with the next. And since I know you're tapped out on goodie, I'll be waiting to disembowel you when you hero.

K

TMNSSun 01-Mar-15 10:04 AM
2670 posts
#123628, "Since I'm mostly a softy and easy-going IRL, I try to m..."
In response to Reply #2

It just wasn't fun, and that's what CF is supposed to be?

Though hanging out with you (that time in the Inn with Liffy was in particular hilarious...when I got drunk and passed out heh) was a blast as always.

Kregan (Anonymous)Sun 01-Mar-15 06:39 PM
Charter member
#123635, "RE: Goodbyes plus minor rants."
In response to Reply #1

I agree with Kaera, but I can also understand your viewpoint.

I was actually hoping you would hang in a while longer, and find a happier medium than what appears to be a difficult time with your other characters.

I like the suggestion of the "don't hit good aligns" bard edge, I am glad the imms are implementing it. But just consider this for a moment ... What if you built that into your role and in an IC fashion brought about the edges eventuality? I realise by this point you may have been a bit over the character but just an idea to perhaps consider in the future.

Anyway GLYWN

TMNSMon 02-Mar-15 05:09 AM
2670 posts
#123637, "I'm not a fan of jumping through hoops."
In response to Reply #4

Your suggestions have merit, but at the point of my life right now, I don't have 100 hrs to try and make a character fun.

FWIW my lowbie that was hella-fun to play has now become less fun, but for more mechanical reasons (I'm not as good with the class as I should be and it's getting frustrating).

I'm likely to play a necro/druid next and just say #### it and learn the class regardless of how frustrating it is. Or go Herald.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #123624 Previous topic | Next topic