Subject: "(AGE DEATH) [SCARAB] Kwoalewei Mathai the Destroyer of ..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #123515
Show all folders

Death_AngelSun 22-Feb-15 03:00 PM
Member since 25th Sep 2024
17181 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#123515, "(AGE DEATH) [SCARAB] Kwoalewei Mathai the Destroyer of the Chasm, Eye of the Scarab"

Sun Feb 22 13:59:22 2015

At 10 o'clock AM, Day of the Great Gods, 5th of the Month of the Sun
on the Theran calendar Kwoalewei perished, never to return.

Race:dark-elf
Class:transmuter
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:SCARAB, the Cult of the Scarab
Hours:814

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply So you finally bit it eh?, Thurmonbrue (Anonymous), 04-Mar-15 11:02 PM, #16
Reply That the blind might see...!, E4rth, 25-Feb-15 11:06 AM, #13
Reply After reading your role it makes perfect sense about Kh..., TMNS, 25-Feb-15 06:37 PM, #15
Reply two thumbs up, Whiysdan, 23-Feb-15 02:12 PM, #12
Reply Super character., Dallevian, 23-Feb-15 12:31 PM, #11
Reply You terrified me, Keara (Anonymous), 23-Feb-15 10:35 AM, #10
Reply Creepy Git!, Ysaloerye, 23-Feb-15 10:30 AM, #9
Reply Excellent Character, Akresius, 23-Feb-15 09:56 AM, #8
Reply FWIW, Scarabaeus, 22-Feb-15 09:30 PM, #5
Reply RE: FWIW, Purmodin, 23-Feb-15 01:32 AM, #6
Reply Yep, incognito, 23-Feb-15 03:48 AM, #7
Reply Re: FWIW, E4rth, 25-Feb-15 11:17 AM, #14
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [SCARAB] Kwoalewei Mathai the Destroyer..., Kregan (Anonymous), 22-Feb-15 04:42 PM, #4
Reply Liantae was secretly in love with you you old geezer!, Liantae (Anonymous), 22-Feb-15 04:30 PM, #3
Reply Cool character, sorry I wasn't able to get your intervi..., KoeKhaos, 22-Feb-15 03:26 PM, #2
Reply Felt like a Twist character., TMNS, 22-Feb-15 03:22 PM, #1

Thurmonbrue (Anonymous)Wed 04-Mar-15 11:02 PM
Charter member
#123654, "So you finally bit it eh?"
In response to Reply #0

Definitely lived a lot longer than any of my characters, but I generally have the attention span of a half retarded house fly. When I was in scarab I generally bummed around making zombies out of pretty much everything I came across trying to see which might end up being better than the last. During my time in scarab it was fairly dull a lot, but when you or Quarissa logged on I knew there was going to be some fun to be had. Thurmonbrue was probably the most fun I had with one of my characters in a long while and you certainly had a lot to do with it.

As to failing the lich quest Im still bumming about that. Had a small itch at the back of my mind saying that, that item in question was wrong, but I wanted lich so badly I didn't scratch it. Whaddaya do though. The hunt on its own kept us occupied and entertained for a good little bit.

Was good times. I thank you sir.

GLWYN

E4rthWed 25-Feb-15 11:05 AM
Member since 18th Jun 2014
28 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#123577, "That the blind might see...!"
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Wed 25-Feb-15 11:06 AM

It was an epic journey, right up to the very last moment. I had a blast.

First off, a HUGE thanks to the Imms for everything. You guys do some truly amazing work. Scarabaeus-- you bring a brilliant depth to the game. It was sincerely an honor and a pleasure. Thank you for giving me the chance and providing the potential to grow into something great (you know who you are). I could have kept on trucking for a while but in the end I was totally content with how things played out and am probably overdue for some time to be focused elsewhere. I accomplished far more than I ever expected and I was grateful for every opportunity.

This was my first character to survive to age death, and entailed many firsts...first full-hearted attempt at an "evil" character, first scarab, first transmuter to get to duo, among many other firsts. And I will say I loved the build. Drow scarab muter has a really beautiful synergy that took me some time to fully realize. It took me a good 200 hundred hours to really hit my stride. Not to mention quite a long time to hero, but that climb is a distant memory now. I had ups and downs, busy times and lulls, great victories and plenty of stupid mistakes. I learned a lot with this one. Transmuter seems to be a great build to get over the learning curve.

I started out simply wanting to play a loner that could basically do whatever I wanted with minimal "politics". I saw several big power swings over the course of time. In general, I shot for something like 33% PK, 33% RP, and 33% exploring. I've not played what I consider to be a strong PKer before this so I wanted to try to master the art of PK as best I could. I wasn't sure going into it that I'd be an "outstanding candidate" but figured I'd give Scarabaeus a shot as I really enjoy the philosophical/creative writing aspects of this game as much as anything else and that seemed like it could mesh well.

Kwoalewei was kind of a CF spin off of Nietzsche's Zarathustra. He was designed to be a creature of logic that acted with deliberate purpose: to pursue pure power through seeing the world as clearly as possible. To climb to the greatest heights possible...at any cost. I'll leave the rest of the details of the role for those that want to read the PBF. Everything else just evolved in character, with some dumb luck and some phenomenal immteractions. Outside of the "profane", I treated each other character as an individual. If I wanted something, I took it. If I wanted to send a message, I did so. There was purpose behind pretty much every PK.

My relationships with many individuals (and most cabals) were...complicated. Which kept things interesting and always evolving. I interacted with some very talented characters and tried to reach out to folks, even lowbies, somewhat randomly at times. Thanks to all of you for the fun. I tried to play an "evil" vibe without being a jerk...hopefully I accomplished that most of the time. My goal in CF is always to try to make things more fun for everyone. I tried to include people into my mysterious adventures as best as I could justify IC, but also tried to play some things close to the vest so the Imms could continue to run with the story however fit. I also did what I could to set some storylines in motion that would keep things interesting for myself and others (including the Imms who helped to make that possible). I hope some aspects of those mysteries shall continue to unfold and expand well beyond my times.

In the end, I was fortunate to experience something really awesome-- what can happen when the Imms use CF as the backdrop and play off characters' role to set in motion an evolving over-arching storyline. It clearly takes a lot of work by the Imms and lots of patience (on both sides), but it can be done beautifully in CF like no other game. My feeback: keep it up, Imms! Things are moving in a great direction. Use cabal leaders, religions, and other long-lived characters to move these kinds of long-term stories/quests forward. Use new Gods rising up and new areas/changes as part of that story line through small or large quests, as best you can. Keep things fresh and evolving!

And to the players: Most of all, be patient. And remember we players are not entitled to anything more than being able to play this game to have fun. For those that don't already do so, try dedicating yourself to only one character at a time and stick it out for a while even through hard times (in my opinion, it makes all the difference).

I'm sure I'll forget many characters, but here's some shout-outs that come to mind. Any feedback from Imms or players is welcome. I use a fairly ghetto laptop set up with no saved logs (unless I manually cut and pasted them) and no aliases of any sort outside cut and paste...if anyone has good (or bad!) Kwoalewei logs go ahead and post them up. That would be much appreciated.

Quarissa—It feels like forever ago, but it was always different without you around. We set some cool stuff in motion and got to leave our mark. It was fortunate timing we crossed paths in our youth when we did. You were crazy tough...and apparently the last of the evil conjurers to brave the demons...? Until Jeede heroed a few days ago, I've been the lone hero in Scarab since Quarissa.

Zhenyen—Thanks for sharing some knowledge and helping set some cool stuff in motion. You were probably the most interesting and complex of any character I encountered (which redeemed a previous frustrating experience I had with you with a different character). And that pile of ~2000 gold I looted off you when you were still Chancellor got me through 800 hours without ever having to worry about gold at all!

Thombury—You, sir, were awesome. I wished you had stuck around longer to see what you could become.

Thurmonbrue—You were one of my closest allies for a long stretch and I enjoyed the hunt for your Lich quest. Still can’t believe we got one wrong. That was a big disappointment. Thought you had it, man.

Aurtu-- You were cool. I would have liked to see you at hero rocking the full powers of the Scarab.

Tsalantha—Always liked you. Wished we had crossed paths more often but could tell you were on a different schedule.

Jeede—Crazy timing. I wish we could have done more but I was glad we got to catch up that last time...or else I’d have felt a lot different about where everything left off. Good luck with things.

Trekberg—You were my closest long-term ally outside the Temple. I really enjoyed our times together…and I missed you for a while toward the end, which was too bad because I had a gift for you that will never come to pass! Keep stomping em, Chief!

Mirozah--You were an inspiration for me early on. I watched you closely and learned a lot about timing and sequence as transmuter PK. Scion drow transmuter was just rediculous.

Diri—Thanks for the adventures. Glad I could help keep things “not boring” for you. Loved your RP, which says a lot as a shifter.

Keara--You've been around forever. We had some good fights. Always got a good vibe from you.

Leata—I really liked you in our periodic encounters. Breaker was the toughest shaman path for me. I learned to be real careful against you. And thanks for leading the lambs to slaughter! ; )

Artenel—You came like a wrecking ball out of nowhere and disappeared just as quick. Some patience would go a long way to you being extremely successful. Just relax, have fun, and enjoy the game and the rest will follow!

Mhardrhaess--You have me a tough lesson in why I need to wear a helmet against mace specs! Elf warriors and paladins tended to be a real challenge for me.

Lilyth—You and Ellsto got me good that time in the Fortress. I had to laugh out loud at the execution of that ambush, as it was really well done. Dito that time the stupid wolfs got me in the Temple. I was glad I got a bit of revenge there toward the end and finally sgot ahold of some sweet Hell gear. Well played.

Hughli—You were really fun to watch in action. Thanks for your help in Yzekon, which set a lot of other stuff in motion. I was surprised you con-died so quick. You were tough.

Hoysepis--Glad I could hide from you most of the time. Never did catch you.

Liantae—You were great, Reaver. Also a powerhouse in these later years and fun to behold. I would have liked to have done more together and kicked myself for not taking our suicide situation in the Inferno more seriously…I could have beat you! ; )

Anilsantne—Another of the many failed Lich attempts that I witnessed over my time. It would have been interesting to see how things could have been very different. It was indeed interesting while it lasted but cut short.

Nuerria—The last Scion. I wanted to show you some things (and did intend to) but time caught me quick. There were several reasons I didn’t/couldn’t that last time we talked. Our discussion about death was definitely a jinx because it was like two log-ins later and I kicked the bucket. I honestly thought I may still have another good 100 hours in me but knew it could happen any moment.

Niji—We had an interesting dynamic that definitely soured over time. I liked you alright early on but disliked you a great deal after you became emperor. That assassinate on the mount was well struck, and that kind of thing always seemed to happen when I was helping someone.

Jarlduz—Some great fights. You were a total beast. As tough as they come and all around quality.

Khalmarnasa—I wish we could have done more together but I just wasn’t wanting to risk the Empire learning too much about what I was up to.

Reegun—I had a good deal of respect for you and enjoyed our interactions. Your trips to the Inferno did eventually benefit me. I kept you on your toes, right? ; )

Xeneth—Was interested in you and enjoyed our talks. You seem to have a unique take on things and I would have enjoyed PKing another Emperor when the time was right!

Mellonie--Thanks for helping on several occasions. You were great.
Over so much time I'm sure I left many others of note. Respond and I'll gladly do the same.

It's been great. Thanks again to all. I'll be taking a break to focus on family, work, exercise, and meditation. I'm trying to get away from the screen for a while but I've still got a huge bucket list of cabals/classes I have yet to try so likely I'll be around again before too long with something totally different. Be well, my friends!

TMNSWed 25-Feb-15 06:37 PM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#123580, "After reading your role it makes perfect sense about Kh..."
In response to Reply #13

...but at the time, I was like "Why is he so buddy buddy with the Dread Lady?".

Stupid mortals only seeing part of the picture...

WhiysdanMon 23-Feb-15 02:12 PM
Member since 04th Aug 2011
243 posts
#123554, "two thumbs up"
In response to Reply #0

Just wanted to say that I thought this character was very well played. Good job all around.

=w=

DallevianMon 23-Feb-15 12:31 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1639 posts
#123552, "Super character."
In response to Reply #0

Glad to interact with you over several characters. Also glad you let me help lead the Yzekon trip so we could get the device, that was fun to be a part of the CF story arc. This was by far one of the best characters in the game over the past 2 or 3 years!!

Keara (Anonymous)Mon 23-Feb-15 10:35 AM
Charter member
#123549, "You terrified me"
In response to Reply #0

I genuinely believed I was going to die every time we fought. And it always felt like if you showed up where a bunch of people were fighting, I was your first target.

Awesome character, loved the RP. I've kept a certain piece of gear with me for several hundred hours now because of you!

Best of luck with the next.

K

YsaloeryeMon 23-Feb-15 10:30 AM
Member since 09th Apr 2006
315 posts
#123548, "Creepy Git!"
In response to Reply #0

Kudos on a well played, RP'd, PKing leader char. I always enjoyed the shiver of collective fear that went out over the cabal channels when you logged in.
I watched you a few times and was always impressed.
Chars like this is what keep me engaged with this game over the past 20 odd years.

AkresiusMon 23-Feb-15 09:56 AM
Member since 15th Nov 2011
280 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#123546, "Excellent Character"
In response to Reply #0

You were a great help and inspiration to Aurtu... I wish we had gotten to team up more. I give you a lot of props for sticking it out as a solo character for so many hours.

After I deleted, I continued to watch you a lot from an immortal perspective and was doubly impressed.

Characters like this make CF great.

ScarabaeusSun 22-Feb-15 09:30 PM
Member since 19th Feb 2011
1524 posts
#123535, "FWIW"
In response to Reply #0

For what it's worth, I strongly considered making you a vampire so I could keep you as Eye forever (then realizing that anyone who plays a character for 800 hours is probably ready to move on). Yeah, that's about the best compliment I can give. Solid leader that handled that position responsibly and who was always up for adventure but never needy and demanding. I'm sorry I missed your passing, because I had something fun planned for it!

PurmodinMon 23-Feb-15 01:32 AM
Member since 21st Oct 2012
64 posts
#123541, "RE: FWIW"
In response to Reply #5

Another one I had big plans for! Perfectly creepy and evil without being sh***y. I had hoped to learn a lot from you. Real life has reared it's ugly head, alas, but thanks for everything!

incognitoMon 23-Feb-15 03:48 AM
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#123542, "Yep"
In response to Reply #5

This was a good character. Bad ass but not a bad sport. Creepy but still helpful. And an interesting role (thanks to the guy that did the interview with him).

E4rthWed 25-Feb-15 11:17 AM
Member since 18th Jun 2014
28 posts
#123578, "Re: FWIW"
In response to Reply #5

There's definitely a part of me that could have kept at it for quite a while. Vampire? Now that would have been something! But in the end I leave totally happy and content. It was a good enough time to go out.

I would have liked to see what you had planned for my death. But someone sent out some cool death echoes regardless. Thanks to whoever did that!

To get to do 3-4 things that warrant global echoes over one character was definitely special.

I thought about trying to Imm with Kwoalewei but never went for it, in part because I wanted to keep at my endeavors. In the end, I'm not sure if my contributions would be best as a player or an Imm. Maybe I'll give it a shot one of these days.

Anyhow, it's been awesome. I'll probably shoot you an email offline with some brief feedback on the Shadow Plane...man was that cool. Thanks again.

Kregan (Anonymous)Sun 22-Feb-15 04:42 PM
Charter member
#123522, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [SCARAB] Kwoalewei Mathai the Destroyer..."
In response to Reply #0

You completely made me change my clothing strategy after you hit me at the palace. It was the fear of the unexpected which you had hands down. Well done!

Liantae (Anonymous)Sun 22-Feb-15 04:30 PM
Charter member
#123519, "Liantae was secretly in love with you you old geezer!"
In response to Reply #0

I loved Kwoalewei! You reeked of dark, evil and powerful knowledge! That caught Liantaes interest!

I had a lot of fun going around doing stuff with you, and just RPing and talking.

A shame we didn't get to go back to the shadowplane together! Such an awesome place!

Hope to see you back soon again!

KoeKhaosSun 22-Feb-15 03:26 PM
400 posts
#123517, "Cool character, sorry I wasn't able to get your intervi..."
In response to Reply #0

Thanks for taking the time to do it though!

TMNSSun 22-Feb-15 03:22 PM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#123516, "Felt like a Twist character."
In response to Reply #0

That's one of the best compliments I can give.

I may have disagreed with some of your choices, but I respected the longevity, and roleplay of this character. Plus, you were very deadly. And thanks for the Eagle Staff!

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #123515 Previous topic | Next topic