Subject: "(DELETED) [None] Artenel the Legend of the Battlefield" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #123464
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 19-Feb-15 08:16 AM
Member since 25th Sep 2024
17181 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#123464, "(DELETED) [None] Artenel the Legend of the Battlefield"

Thu Feb 19 07:15:27 2015

At 3 o'clock PM, Day of Thunder, 31st of the Month of the Long Shadows
on the Theran calendar Artenel perished, never to return.

Race:elf
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:None, None
Hours:52

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Artenel the Legend of the Battlefi..., Kregan (Anonymous), 22-Feb-15 05:48 PM, #24
Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Artenel the Legend of the Battlefi..., Keara (Anonymous), 20-Feb-15 12:01 AM, #8
Reply I had a lot of fun the few fights we had!, Liantae (Anonymous), 19-Feb-15 12:29 PM, #6
Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Artenel the Legend of the Battlefi..., marintok, 19-Feb-15 12:16 PM, #5
Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Artenel the Legend of the Battlefi..., TheBluestThumb, 19-Feb-15 11:23 AM, #2
Reply I was wondering about that in game note, Magner (Anonymous), 19-Feb-15 10:52 AM, #1
     Reply Gameplay comment: one thing I do not understand, Dallevian, 19-Feb-15 11:42 AM, #3
          Reply True but, incognito, 19-Feb-15 12:02 PM, #4
          Reply Jarlduz..., Liantae (Anonymous), 19-Feb-15 12:31 PM, #7
          Reply RE: Gameplay comment: one thing I do not understand, Daevryn, 20-Feb-15 12:36 AM, #9
               Reply There have been logs posted where it fires 3 times out ..., TMNS, 20-Feb-15 01:51 AM, #10
               Reply People don't post the logs where it misses 5 of 5 times..., Lhydia, 20-Feb-15 07:18 AM, #13
               Reply Yes I did ;) NT, TMNS, 20-Feb-15 08:06 AM, #15
               Reply RE: There have been logs posted where it fires 3 times ..., Verathi, 20-Feb-15 09:17 AM, #16
               Reply or even logs like this one of my warrior Cagocluse, incognito, 20-Feb-15 11:23 AM, #20
                    Reply that log is incredible, Dallevian, 20-Feb-15 12:16 PM, #21
                    Reply Come to think of it, incognito, 20-Feb-15 01:32 PM, #23
                    Reply ####. I undersold it. What was that, 8 out of 9 in a ..., TMNS, 20-Feb-15 12:21 PM, #22
               Reply It is a lot better than you seem to think, incognito, 20-Feb-15 02:49 AM, #11
               Reply RE: It is a lot better than you seem to think, Daevryn, 20-Feb-15 07:57 AM, #14
                    Reply Maybe someone can roll an arial sword spec, imperial de..., incognito, 20-Feb-15 11:19 AM, #18
               Reply People remember the examples of great RNG or just rando..., Kalageadon, 20-Feb-15 06:46 AM, #12
               Reply They do if they played a char with it, incognito, 20-Feb-15 11:21 AM, #19
               Reply It isn't very good, it's awesome., Dallevian, 20-Feb-15 10:40 AM, #17

Kregan (Anonymous)Sun 22-Feb-15 05:48 PM
Charter member
#123525, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Artenel the Legend of the Battlefi..."
In response to Reply #0

I was disappointed to see this, there is something that twigged in my fight against you. I was really really looking forward to busting it out.

It is obvious you got frustrated, I hope you find more enjoyment from your next character.

Keara (Anonymous)Fri 20-Feb-15 12:01 AM
Charter member
#123484, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Artenel the Legend of the Battlefi..."
In response to Reply #0

Really enjoyed our interactions, had very high hopes for Artenel, and I genuinely believe they were going to happen soon. Unfortunate it wasn't soon enough.

Pretty good RP sessions, fun exploring (thanks for showing me things, even though I now have shattered dreams about going a certain place or two!), and was a blast pk'ing with you. Even though I suck, it felt like we had a really good synergy when we fought others.

Best of luck if/when you play another char. Don't pk me too hard please.

K

Liantae (Anonymous)Thu 19-Feb-15 12:29 PM
Charter member
#123478, "I had a lot of fun the few fights we had!"
In response to Reply #0

I was SO surprised to find my exact copy but as an elf! You fought real well and our long RP-session was great, I had high hopes after our talk of many MANY future long talks after fights.

Anyway, one day you you just showed up on my PK-list from nowhere. You must've had like 10 hours played or something.

Why the delete? No doubt after all the fighting you seemed to do, all the hours you put in, you were on the speed road to Maran, and how well you RPed, I was surprised you weren't inducted yet when we fought. But no doubt if you had stuck it out a bit longer, you'd been inducted and maraned real quick.

I hope to see you back soon!

marintokThu 19-Feb-15 12:16 PM
Member since 23rd Nov 2014
70 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#123477, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Artenel the Legend of the Battlefi..."
In response to Reply #0

Dang only 50 hours old nice char for so low of time, your were scary and we made a mess of things a few times versus empire and I hunted you for a hour straight game time and never even caught a glimpse of you until I gave up and everything was balanced then I saw you in like 4 seperate areas, guess that is the way the cookie crumbles, sorry to hear about the induction but you really were the cream of the crop or so it seemed. Good luck with your next

TheBluestThumbThu 19-Feb-15 11:23 AM
Member since 09th Jan 2013
186 posts
#123471, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Artenel the Legend of the Battlefi..."
In response to Reply #0

Seriously, what more do I have to do to get inducted? Others were getting inducted offline and I couldn't help but feel slighted. Again.

Magner (Anonymous)Thu 19-Feb-15 10:52 AM
Charter member
#123470, "I was wondering about that in game note"
In response to Reply #0

I just wasn't sure about the wicked slaying elf part. That title seemed off. Maybe this is why. I guess I needed to read the note closer.

Good fights we had. Yeah, it's no secret I've been challenged by you dexy sword specs. I decided to try a few different things in that first fight we had last night, which seemed to work. Our second fight, obviously, I didn't get to do anything and barely survived. I'm assuming you were STSF and it was charged by that time. After I healed, I figured you were looking for me around the Village so decided to go into it thirsting and died. I mean this literally, I can't hit a drum to save my life most times. It blows my mind I can't do it while thirsting. Anyhow, that's a gripe for another day.

I guess this is surprising but well done in the short time you had.

DallevianThu 19-Feb-15 11:42 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1639 posts
#123473, "Gameplay comment: one thing I do not understand"
In response to Reply #1

in sword vs axe/mace is that the sword spec will
1- defend better because it's sword
2- melee better, because axe/mace simply won't parry sword
3- passive damage, because riposte
4- can easily outdamage non-melee because of parry anything + flurry

the only character of note recently to out-do sword users was Jarlduz because sweet set, imperial def/off, sigil, and drum. And if Jarlduz missed or had a drum parried he'd probably go down

sword is off the chart and until heavy metal str chars get some sort of parry anything variant built around armor or shield block it's just game over

that's not even considering STSF and adding it into the equation

incognitoThu 19-Feb-15 12:02 PM
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#123474, "True but"
In response to Reply #3

Other builds stack up better vs sword because sword lacks lag.

Liantae (Anonymous)Thu 19-Feb-15 12:31 PM
Charter member
#123479, "Jarlduz..."
In response to Reply #3

I fought Jarlduz quite a bit, I had fights where he missed 2-3 drums in a row where I could flurry at least twice and I never got him beneath gushing. Never seen anything like it.

DaevrynFri 20-Feb-15 12:36 AM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#123485, "RE: Gameplay comment: one thing I do not understand"
In response to Reply #3

The weird thing is, Parry Anything isn't even very good.

It's GREAT when you're a hero and, like, a level 20 mob is trying to dirt kick you. It's truly solid for that situation. But in PK? Even in a really contrived situation (e.g. people attacking you with weapons they have at 0% for some reason, plus other factors) you should feel pretty lucky if it blocks one attack in ten, and that drops off in any situation I'd consider realistic.

TMNSFri 20-Feb-15 01:51 AM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#123486, "There have been logs posted where it fires 3 times out ..."
In response to Reply #9

NT

LhydiaFri 20-Feb-15 07:18 AM
2390 posts
#123489, "People don't post the logs where it misses 5 of 5 times..."
In response to Reply #10

gr

TMNSFri 20-Feb-15 08:06 AM
2670 posts
#123491, "Yes I did ;) NT"
In response to Reply #13

NT

VerathiFri 20-Feb-15 09:17 AM
Member since 10th Dec 2014
92 posts
#123492, "RE: There have been logs posted where it fires 3 times ..."
In response to Reply #10

This is likely a combination of RNG love and level. I can't speak about the code, but from past experience level difference seemed to make a huge difference. You don't want to fight hero dex sword as anything but a hero.

incognitoFri 20-Feb-15 11:23 AM
4495 posts
#123497, "or even logs like this one of my warrior Cagocluse"
In response to Reply #10

http://forums.qhcf.net/phorum/read.php?3,995892

Ok, this one was exceptional, but the rest of the time it was still awesome and pretty reliable.

DallevianFri 20-Feb-15 12:16 PM
1639 posts
#123499, "that log is incredible"
In response to Reply #20

i also saw a grapevine log of Artenal (elf sword/axe stsf) fighting Altariel (d-elf sword/whip stsf/flow i think) - Altariel is convulsing, flees, parries the pincer, flees again, and parries the SECOND PINCER. wtf. and that wasn't the only parry anything in that fight.

i really think there is a bug in what the coding imms think should be happening vs what is actually happening. and i think there are several other new bugs that have been introduced of late.

but hey, i'm still grateful and appreciate them and the game. keep it up guys! but fix/tone some of the serious CF imbalances.

incognitoFri 20-Feb-15 01:32 PM
4495 posts
#123501, "Come to think of it"
In response to Reply #21

That was without imperial powers too. So essentially that's just uncaballed Arial sword spec.

Another possibility is there's some kind of boost going on from weapons being sword defending against dagger.

TMNSFri 20-Feb-15 12:21 PM
2670 posts
#123500, "####. I undersold it. What was that, 8 out of 9 in a ..."
In response to Reply #20

But yeah, it's likely to only fire 1 in 10 times. So not like you'd see a 1 in 10 million chance thing like that, right?

incognitoFri 20-Feb-15 02:49 AM
4495 posts
#123487, "It is a lot better than you seem to think"
In response to Reply #9

On my Arial sword, I'd say it was close to 50%, so I'll throw out some guesses as to why.

Flourintine? Imperial defense?

It was certainly far far superior to evade on the 25 dex char with the evasive edge.

DaevrynFri 20-Feb-15 07:57 AM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#123490, "RE: It is a lot better than you seem to think"
In response to Reply #11

Even if your parry chance was permanently capped (which is not realistically possible) you wouldn't hit numbers like that, again in PvP. Hell, getting even 20% of low level mob dirt kicks is a good run.

incognitoFri 20-Feb-15 11:19 AM
4495 posts
#123495, "Maybe someone can roll an arial sword spec, imperial de..."
In response to Reply #14

and crunch some numbers. 50% might be on the high side and I might be coupling it with evade but it can't have been far off that and evade was definitely the lesser of the two defenses for me.

KalageadonFri 20-Feb-15 06:46 AM
Member since 23rd Oct 2003
1049 posts
#123488, "People remember the examples of great RNG or just rando..."
In response to Reply #9

They don't remember the times it didn't work because they never saw it to remember in the first place.

incognitoFri 20-Feb-15 11:21 AM
4495 posts
#123496, "They do if they played a char with it"
In response to Reply #12

That log of someone blocking something like 8 out of 8 attacks was me, and everyone said that it was op. Now it wasn't normally that good, but it is still very very good. And that's not confusing it with rng. It was a reliable defense against active skills for me. Reliable because rng rarely made it fail more than a few times in a row.

DallevianFri 20-Feb-15 10:40 AM
1639 posts
#123493, "It isn't very good, it's awesome."
In response to Reply #9

i've had it and flow at the same time and parry anything as a sword spec and as another character of elf HPM berserker went off an insane amount. yes, at hero pk.

but what about an edge for the big guys (giants/dwarves/duergar) that does what parry anything does but is heavy metal armor related or shield related?

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #123464 Previous topic | Next topic