Subject: "(DELETED) [HERALD] Nibabizo the Grand Master of Shapesh..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #123307
Show all folders

Death_AngelSun 08-Feb-15 02:20 PM
Member since 25th Sep 2024
17181 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#123307, "(DELETED) [HERALD] Nibabizo the Grand Master of Shapeshifting, Mapmaker and Interviewer of the Inn"

Sun Feb 8 13:16:01 2015

At 5 o'clock AM, Day of the Bull, 1st of the Month of the Long Shadows
on the Theran calendar Nibabizo perished, never to return.

Race:gnome
Class:shapeshifter
Level:50
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:HERALD, the Heralds of the Eternal Star
Hours:88

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

KoeKhaosMon 09-Feb-15 06:08 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
400 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#123320, "Well, as I said people convinced me to try one last tim..."
In response to Reply #0

So I made something easy to rank up and join a cabal where I could have fun and not worry about anything specific and just explore. Plans didn't work out with that though. Making maps with the note command turned out to be a bit more difficult than I had thought. Scribe isn't able to post writings and finding a bard to do it proved difficult. I even asked one in the cabal if they could help with it, but after a week of never seeing them, never getting a response, and never having it posted that proved to be something that wouldn't happen, let alone weekly like I hoped. The forms I got were exactly what I wanted... but were much weaker from what I had hoped they would be. I was perhaps 50% less offensive and 50% less defensive than a conjurer so exploring new places seemed impossible. Things I found extremely easy as a neutral conjurer, even with a luminous archon, were impossible with a fox/crocodile even with aura/barrier/shield/stoneskin/protection. Finally, and perhaps it is all in my mind, but I got the real impression from multiple things that the Imms have decided I am not worth their game for some reason, both in character and out. Normally I don't enjoy posting negative things and I feel this is turning out quite negative, but it is what it is.

Hurk, thanks for everything. You rock!
Ychram, do you ever sleep or leave the house? Other than that, good job sticking it out and super stupid that someone did that to you.
Kwoalewei, Thanks for the interview, I will post it in the logs here in case anyone cares to read it. A pity I wasn't able to get it posted in game.
Imms/playerbase, thanks to whoever took the time to induct me into the Heralds. Good luck and keep on going as long as you enjoy what you do.

lasentiaMon 09-Feb-15 07:40 AM
Member since 27th Apr 2010
987 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#123322, "Why not do that role as a bard or publish to the Lyceum..."
In response to Reply #2

You still have ease of exploring, probably more so than you would with a shifter, and you have note all to put out the works. Writing notes for other people is one of the worst things about being a bard, you can't hold it against them for not doing it. And honestly, wanting to use notes instead of just publishing to the Lyceum (which is a much better option anyway since it has permanence) was a mistake.

It probably is in your mind, I seriously doubt any Imm or Imms go out of there way to ignore/exclude any specific player. Imagined slights are far worse than real ones.

I'm sure you have specifics in mind, but I am going to go on a limb and guess that the reality behind them is something far more simple than anything malicious directed towards you as a player.

KoeKhaosMon 09-Feb-15 08:12 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
400 posts
#123323, "If I were to do it again, this would be the case."
In response to Reply #3

However, I am tired and don't have the energy to try again any time soon. All of my favorite classes have changed a great deal and are not playable in the manner they once were. Individual things that made me feel I was being slighted... well their are several, but it isn't really something I care to go into. It's not worth the energy to me anymore. I don't hold anything against any individual really as I don't think there is a single person I would say I dislike overly much. The game is still fun for many people and I hope everyone who continues to play, both players and imms, are having fun. I won't say I am done for good this time, since obviously that seems to be impossible to say for sure, but for now I just don't seem to be able to have fun anymore so I'll leave it to you guys. Enjoy it so long as it is enjoyable.

Pralus (Anonymous)Sun 08-Feb-15 08:20 PM
Charter member
#123313, "RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Nibabizo the Grand Master of Sha..."
In response to Reply #0

No, it's cool. Send me a three page note you want scribed without asking. Glad I waited....

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #123307 Previous topic | Next topic