Subject: "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Peshel La'Nilivar the Luminary of ..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #123249
Show all folders

Death_AngelFri 06-Feb-15 04:48 PM
Member since 25th Sep 2024
17181 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#123249, "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Peshel La'Nilivar the Luminary of Hope"

Fri Feb 6 15:46:17 2015

At 12 o'clock AM, Day of Freedom, 18th of the Month of the Dragon
on the Theran calendar Peshel perished, never to return.

Race:half-elf
Class:paladin
Level:43
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:67

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply ugh. Just ugh, Jiran (Anonymous), 07-Feb-15 09:04 AM, #3
Reply Just because someone follows a set of laws that aren't ..., Lhydia, 07-Feb-15 09:08 AM, #4
     Reply Splitting hairs is still splitting hairs...., Jiran (Anonymous), 07-Feb-15 08:13 PM, #5
          Reply Often it is compounded, incognito, 08-Feb-15 02:26 AM, #6
               Reply RE: Often it is compounded, TheBluestThumb, 08-Feb-15 04:48 AM, #7
                    Reply More goodies should do this., TMNS, 08-Feb-15 05:28 AM, #8
                    Reply Completely agree, incognito, 08-Feb-15 06:45 AM, #9
Reply This surprises me, Forvengweth (Anonymous), 06-Feb-15 07:25 PM, #2
Reply For what it's worth., Sindrir (Anonymous), 06-Feb-15 06:19 PM, #1

Jiran (Anonymous)Sat 07-Feb-15 09:04 AM
Charter member
#123286, "ugh. Just ugh"
In response to Reply #0

I was really hoping you would stick it out. I felt this coming though. You were competent, which fort sorely needs some times. Not overly paladiny, but I have played ones like that too. It sure made for some interesting rp angles for me in other situations.

Just sad, because we would have wrecked things.

LhydiaSat 07-Feb-15 09:08 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
2390 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#123287, "Just because someone follows a set of laws that aren't ..."
In response to Reply #3

gr

Jiran (Anonymous)Sat 07-Feb-15 08:13 PM
Charter member
#123296, "Splitting hairs is still splitting hairs...."
In response to Reply #4

Believe me I know, I have played my fair share. But in the end, the spirit of the code is with tribunal law, and tribunals. There are lots of ways to justify it, but in the end, just about everyone is going to come down on a paladin that breaks tribunal law on a consistent basis.

That said, I liked the character, and the player behind him was definitely skilled... And I wil miss him.

incognitoSun 08-Feb-15 02:26 AM
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#123298, "Often it is compounded"
In response to Reply #5

By the paladin lying about breaking trib law.

I've played an innis paladin and even he worked under tight restrictions, where he wouldn't kill in town. So he could still end up wanted for murder but he'd never actually be committing one, or really attempting one. He'd just be buying time for someone to escape etc.

If you want to power game it is easy to interpret the code so that it imposes no significant restrictions on you. This, IMO, would be nice to change.

TheBluestThumbSun 08-Feb-15 04:48 AM
Member since 09th Jan 2013
186 posts
#123299, "RE: Often it is compounded"
In response to Reply #6

To date, I think the best RP move I've ever had in ~15 years of CF was when I, as Ghrajjek (a stacked out of his mind dwarf two-hander pally) rescued Isildur's maran thief from Knacnar (JMC's OG Kill-You-So-Hard Rager) when I was out of mana w/ no protections.

I died, lost the set, but I ate the bash that would have killed Isildur and he got out scot-free.

Sadly, I did not(and when I see other paladins do something like that, they do not) get rewarded. I think if a paladin is doing things like that they deserve all kinds of love instead of rewarding the guild sitting guy who talks a big game and organizes lemming marches for defiance.

TMNSSun 08-Feb-15 05:28 AM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#123300, "More goodies should do this."
In response to Reply #7

I do it often with my goodies. I think most good-aligned characters motto should be "I don't leave the battle until everyone is home safe."

I died terribly with Mhaerdhess in Imperial Lands doing a version of what you said. Groupmate slept up, I'm hurt but need to buy him time so he doesn't get 4 on 1'd and killed in 2 rounds, so I run around and dodge a bunch of imperials but die the moment he can wake up (because I suck and can't type quickly).

incognitoSun 08-Feb-15 06:45 AM
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#123302, "Completely agree"
In response to Reply #7

It's very frustrating when you play a pally like this to see the virtues going to the guys that bailed at the point of engagement even though it mea your allies will die as a result. However, because they don't risk defiance they can then use it to mash people risk free and be heavily rewarded.

Forvengweth (Anonymous)Fri 06-Feb-15 07:25 PM
Charter member
#123267, "This surprises me"
In response to Reply #0

I was expecting an age long rivalry out of you.

Sindrir (Anonymous)Fri 06-Feb-15 06:19 PM
Charter member
#123257, "For what it's worth."
In response to Reply #0

That day in the Imperial Lands I teleported with like 37 hp. Stupid duergar vuln.

You were a competent enemy with good virtue(s). Sorry to see this. Fort could use a heavy hitter at hero.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #123249 Previous topic | Next topic