Subject: "(RAGE DELETE) [OUTLANDER] Ucauxuhn Redclaw the Sentinel..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #123197
Show all folders

Death_AngelFri 06-Feb-15 03:20 AM
Member since 25th Sep 2024
17181 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#123197, "(RAGE DELETE) [OUTLANDER] Ucauxuhn Redclaw the Sentinel of Summertide"

Fri Feb 6 02:16:51 2015

At 9 o'clock PM, Day of the Sun, 20th of the Month of Nature
on the Theran calendar Ucauxuhn perished, never to return.

Race:felar
Class:ranger
Level:47
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:121

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Bummer, Raeth (Anonymous), 06-Feb-15 08:13 AM, #2
Reply I learned one very important thing in those 121 hours., Athioles, 06-Feb-15 04:35 AM, #1
     Reply Not just felar savage bro. Any savage., Murphy, 06-Feb-15 11:05 AM, #3
     Reply Hmm..., Raeth (Anonymous), 06-Feb-15 11:33 AM, #4
          Reply Thats dumb. , HeyHank, 06-Feb-15 12:40 PM, #5
          Reply Fire giant savage barely worked for me, Murphy, 07-Feb-15 04:53 AM, #7
               Reply yeah..caverndweller?, Raeth (Anonymous), 07-Feb-15 02:20 PM, #9
                    Reply He was a beduoin, KaguMaru, 07-Feb-15 02:37 PM, #10
     Reply Should have learned how to play evil outlander ranger., danger_ranger (Anonymous), 06-Feb-15 10:12 PM, #6
          Reply Not my style., Athioles, 07-Feb-15 05:07 AM, #8

Raeth (Anonymous)Fri 06-Feb-15 08:13 AM
Charter member
#123222, "Bummer"
In response to Reply #0

I too was caught off-guard by the STR change to savage blow as well. The changes could most definitely have been explained better. That said, I am trying to persevere and find ways to kill people without reliable lag. I have had "some" success at hero. Savage blow being as unreliable as it is simply means I won't stand toe to toe with things I would otherwise (paladins are at the top of this list). If I can't prevent huge spammable damage like wrath via a form of reliable lag, I just generally won't deal with it. In the end, it makes me less self reliant and more reliant on ganging certain builds - which I don't have a problem with, but would prefer it was the old version of savage blow.

Sorry to see you go dude, I had fun with you.

AthiolesFri 06-Feb-15 04:35 AM
Member since 09th Jan 2011
392 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#123198, "I learned one very important thing in those 121 hours."
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Fri 06-Feb-15 04:35 AM

Don't play a felar savage. The changes to savage blow are just brutal.

Thanks to everyone I interacted with. Outlander is always fun.

MurphyFri 06-Feb-15 11:05 AM
Member since 30th Dec 2010
1639 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#123228, "Not just felar savage bro. Any savage."
In response to Reply #1

nt

Raeth (Anonymous)Fri 06-Feb-15 11:33 AM
Charter member
#123229, "Hmm..."
In response to Reply #3

Frost giant savage would have the option for giant size perma-lag bearcharge goodness, combined with better working savage blow.

Had I known that STR had become a 'factor' in savage blow and not just the vague BS posted to the announcement boards which was "It's less effective than it used to be" I would've opted to be a giant. Does this make me grumpy (finding out about the new STR requirement AFTER a near 200 hr investment? sure.) I don't think that ALL savage builds are all that bad, after all even with gimped savage blow I am still enjoying some (even if not as much) success.

HeyHankFri 06-Feb-15 12:40 PM
Member since 25th Jan 2015
12 posts
#123230, "Thats dumb. "
In response to Reply #4

Savage blow is about using the surrounding wilderness against the enemy by driving them into it. If savage blow is strength based then bash should be too.

MurphySat 07-Feb-15 04:53 AM
Member since 30th Dec 2010
1639 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#123279, "Fire giant savage barely worked for me"
In response to Reply #4

I didn't ever get to use it in my hometerrain vs PCs, though.

Raeth (Anonymous)Sat 07-Feb-15 02:20 PM
Charter member
#123290, "yeah..caverndweller?"
In response to Reply #7

I think that terrain does play a factor in savage blow from my experiences - of course I don't know the code and can't say for certain. I imagine frost giant forester might get good mileage.

KaguMaruSat 07-Feb-15 02:37 PM
Member since 15th Sep 2012
805 posts
#123291, "He was a beduoin"
In response to Reply #9

nt

danger_ranger (Anonymous)Fri 06-Feb-15 10:12 PM
Charter member
#123272, "Should have learned how to play evil outlander ranger."
In response to Reply #1

Take away savage blow and you are still left with the most PK oriented ranger build. So what exactly are you complaining about? You were a chaotic evil outlander felar, should have been able to kill everyone in the game, very few exceptions, using only waylay-ambush, snare and deadfall.

nvm lightning, onslaught that does not miss, protection metals, warpaint, staunch and mud.

AthiolesSat 07-Feb-15 04:56 AM
Member since 09th Jan 2011
392 posts
#123280, "Not my style."
In response to Reply #6
Edited on Sat 07-Feb-15 05:07 AM

It's fine in some hands. As Raeth is proving. Just not for me.

I did alright as well. I was 15-0 or so at 47 but I was sick of sitting around waiting for hours hoping for some action. I wasn't going to die unless I wanted to but I needed too much luck to seal a kill. Just not what I want to play at this point.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #123197 Previous topic | Next topic