Subject: "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Vhalorn the Smelter of Cold Iron, ..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #122987
Show all folders

Death_AngelFri 16-Jan-15 06:30 AM
Member since 26th Sep 2024
17185 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#122987, "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Vhalorn the Smelter of Cold Iron, Initiate of the Jaguar"

Fri Jan 16 05:28:17 2015

At 10 o'clock PM, Day of the Bull, 1st of the Month of the Spring
on the Theran calendar Vhalorn perished, never to return.

Race:arial
Class:shaman
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:183

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Vhalorn the Smelter of Cold Ir..., Knac, 16-Jan-15 08:00 PM, #2
Reply Thought I did pretty well against you, Magner (Anonymous), 16-Jan-15 08:23 PM, #3
Reply Wither is a bitch., Ildrasi (Anonymous), 17-Jan-15 12:07 AM, #4
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Vhalorn the Smelter of Cold Ir..., Bemused, 17-Jan-15 12:09 AM, #5
Reply Loved the Char, Raijan (Anonymous), 17-Jan-15 08:15 AM, #6
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Vhalorn the Smelter of Cold Ir..., Raeth (Anonymous), 17-Jan-15 11:56 AM, #7
Reply Well, there goes another., Yllonis (Anonymous), 17-Jan-15 09:36 PM, #8
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Vhalorn the Smelter of Cold Ir..., Kregan (Anonymous), 18-Jan-15 07:37 PM, #9
Reply Good show, Von (Anonymous), 19-Jan-15 02:31 AM, #10
Reply Thanks, Twilbo (Anonymous), 16-Jan-15 09:27 AM, #1

KnacFri 16-Jan-15 08:00 PM
Member since 07th May 2010
202 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#122998, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Vhalorn the Smelter of Cold Ir..."
In response to Reply #0

So I started this character during finals studying. Stupid idea, I know, but I'm kinda over school and now just need to get an offer somewhere

I always wanted to try a successful shaman, successful arial, successful fort, and successful Baer follower. In a way, I guess I accomplished all of those. I wasn't a #### to anyone, most people weren't ####s to me (absent a few empires who went totally ooc and was just downright absolute pricks in my initial interactions - you know who you are, and it wasn't RP). Towards the end I became more concerned about EQ than I thought I would, wasn't having as much fun with the charac, and didn't have time to invest in a serious character. Thus, the deletion.

Baer - I mention you first because we've had our differences. I'm glad to see that you've settled into your role as an IMM and as a decent rper. This was my second prolonged follower (first was Serth), and while I wasn't rping my ass off as much as other characters, I thouoght we hit a stride along the way. It was fun. Thanks for supporting me.

Empire Horde - Good times, bad times, a lot of ooc #### going around in that cabal (this is not with respect to Auudreyz/Vhelicia). Ultimately, you guys were my biggest enemies and instrumental in my pk experience. I learned alot about fighting against/fighting with shamans.

Vhelicia - I mention you specifically because I had your number 95% of the time. Sorry. You probably would have aged died soon anways because nearly every wither drained you of your age.

Outlander - A lot of fortlander going on with me around. But still fun.

Liantae - I hate competent dark-elf reaver STSF laggers. Hate hate hate. Well played.

Lilyth - I should've gone outlander. We would've rocked it more than we actually did.

Village - Lots of evils around. You berserkers need to step it up a notch and learn out to fight shamans. But overall, was really fun. Sorry Ildrasi (See above re: Vhelicia).

Nexun/Herald - Minimum interaction

Fortress - I'll lump you guys together because there were too many good things to count. Thanks for the experience.

Twilbo - Since you responded, very competent conjurer who shoould've been maraned way before me. Glad it's working out with you.

Erounion - Thanks for showing me cool goodie only spots/quests

I'll come by in some other avatar pretty soon, maybe not as serious this time, maybe moreso. I like my rp and pk.

Ciao.

Magner (Anonymous)Fri 16-Jan-15 08:23 PM
Charter member
#123003, "Thought I did pretty well against you"
In response to Reply #2

Good character though. Quite tough.

Ildrasi (Anonymous)Sat 17-Jan-15 12:07 AM
Charter member
#123008, "Wither is a bitch."
In response to Reply #2

Your communes tore me up until I just gave up gearing for saves against you and started loading up on strength, and then at least I wouldn't drop my weapons with the opening wither. Divine saves meant little. I cannot express how overjoyed I was when you attacked me in the Inn and cranial allowed me a chance to finally see the stats on a shaman poncho. The Fortress will miss your presence.

Good luck on the job hunt.

BemusedSat 17-Jan-15 12:09 AM
Member since 15th Oct 2013
665 posts
#123009, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Vhalorn the Smelter of Cold Ir..."
In response to Reply #2

Well done on a well played shaman. You were always my number
one target to take out of the big battles early. It didn't
always work. At least when you were around we knew something
was going to happen and that you weren't one to log out when
things looked bad.

As a player I wanted to heal you after you incapacitated yourself
in the below log but obviously that would have resulted in me being
make anathema or something. It would be good to change it so
that ghosts don't get hit by stuff like that.

Vhalorn gets "Taisangu" the blade of a master assassin from the corpse of Vhalorn.
Vhalorn gets a bracer of dragonscale from the corpse of Vhalorn.
Vhalorn gets a shining silver mesh aventail from the corpse of Vhalorn.
Vhalorn gets a ring with three black pearls from the corpse of Vhalorn.
Vhalorn gets a necklace of prayer beads from the corpse of Vhalorn.
Vhalorn gets a platinum teardrop medallion from the corpse of Vhalorn.
Vhalorn gets bright yellow leather boots with a high heel from the corpse of Vhalorn.
Vhalorn gets woven adamantite wing braces from the corpse of Vhalorn.
Vhalorn gets a crested helm with a dull beak guard from the corpse of Vhalorn.
Vhalorn gets the elvish sash from the corpse of Vhalorn.
Vhalorn gets brilliantly shining mithril talon guards from the corpse of Vhalorn.
Vhalorn gets a gold crown ring bedazzled with precious gems from the corpse of Vhalorn.
Vhalorn gets a hand-axe covered in ice from the corpse of Vhalorn.
Vhalorn gets an ornate fan tail guard from the corpse of Vhalorn.
Vhalorn gets a thin silver band from the corpse of Vhalorn.
Vhalorn gets a pair of crystal leg-guards from the corpse of Vhalorn.
Vhalorn gets the girdle of endless space from the corpse of Vhalorn.
Vhalorn gets the chitinous shell of a rainbow runner from the corpse of Vhalorn.
Vhalorn gets a bracelet of electricity from the corpse of Vhalorn.
Vhalorn's shocking grasp EVISCERATES him!
Vhalorn is mortally wounded, and will die soon, if not aided.

FWIW on the Auudreyz/Vhelicia thing. This is literally my last
communication OOC with the player of Vhelicia (Deathkitty) prior
to us being denied for OOC perma (Me to him on Dios):

"You PK'ed a newbie groupmate of mine (who I was trying to show
the ropes) and full looted him. Drove him to another game. Well
done. Nah you're not a griefer, you're a top bloke. You can ####
off for all I care "

Raijan (Anonymous)Sat 17-Jan-15 08:15 AM
Charter member
#123010, "Loved the Char"
In response to Reply #2

Was wondering about how you found your paths. Having played pretty much the same paths - breaker, I loved it and felt it really strong. You were an asset to the fortress, well RP'd and very well played. Looking forward to what you come up with next.

Raeth (Anonymous)Sat 17-Jan-15 11:56 AM
Charter member
#123012, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Vhalorn the Smelter of Cold Ir..."
In response to Reply #2

Good fights, you surprised me with all seeing eye+summon. Had you taken advantage of the house in prosimy at that time, things may have gone differently.

Yllonis (Anonymous)Sat 17-Jan-15 09:36 PM
Charter member
#123016, "Well, there goes another."
In response to Reply #2

Hey man, sorry to see you go, but I all to well know the time constraints of real life, and how that can make a character hard to get into. You were a solid presence for the time you were in Fort in both PK and RP. You were always willing to mix it up, and seemed like you were always about.

Anyways, GLWYN

Kregan (Anonymous)Sun 18-Jan-15 07:37 PM
Charter member
#123019, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Vhalorn the Smelter of Cold Ir..."
In response to Reply #2

You frustrated the absolute hell out of me. I tried a few different things but just could not come up with the correct counters, so ended up in a battle of attrition more often than not. The one time I got close early on I ended up hitting a mob with my songs ... Ugh.

I was surprised to see you in Fort later on, I honestly thought at the start you were Outlander

Good Luck With The Next.

Von (Anonymous)Mon 19-Jan-15 02:31 AM
Charter member
#123021, "Good show"
In response to Reply #2

I think you did a good job at all those 'firsts', you racked up the kills quickly enough for a shaman, and I don't think I saw you back out of any fight (I myself am somewhat more conservative . Good show man, come back to Fort any time!

Twilbo (Anonymous)Fri 16-Jan-15 09:27 AM
Charter member
#122989, "Thanks"
In response to Reply #0

Thanks for sending that recommendation and for the big battles we had with empire. It was refreshing to be part of the more organized gang for a change, even if it was only briefly.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #122987 Previous topic | Next topic