Subject: "(RAGE DELETE) [SCARAB] Zsarkiln Killt'delkarhm the Knig..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #122785
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 31-Dec-14 11:04 AM
Member since 26th Sep 2024
17185 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#122785, "(RAGE DELETE) [SCARAB] Zsarkiln Killt'delkarhm the Knight of the Apocalypse"

Wed Dec 31 10:02:06 2014

At 6 o'clock PM, Day of the Bull, 29th of the Month of Nature
on the Theran calendar Zsarkiln perished, never to return.

Race:dark-elf
Class:anti-paladin
Level:36
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:SCARAB, the Cult of the Scarab
Hours:78

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Goodbyes, Undeadirish, 02-Jan-15 12:52 PM, #2
Reply Sorry you don't have time to play a char the way you wa..., lurker, 02-Jan-15 07:28 PM, #4
Reply RE: Goodbyes, Elf-pally (Anonymous), 02-Jan-15 08:51 PM, #5
     Reply It was more so general dissapointment, Undeadirish, 02-Jan-15 09:40 PM, #6
Reply RE: (RAGE DELETE) [SCARAB] Zsarkiln Killt'delkarhm the ..., Heaghul (Anonymous), 31-Dec-14 09:01 PM, #1
     Reply Thanks, Undeadirish, 02-Jan-15 12:58 PM, #3

UndeadirishFri 02-Jan-15 12:52 PM
Member since 26th Apr 2012
8 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#122804, "Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #0

I had fun with this character, overall. He was my first drow ap, first scarab, and I really learned a lot. I spent a lot time solo leveling trying to get skills and spells up. I also wanted access to the biggest set of edges possible. I think it helped, although dark-elves are so fragile who knows. I tried following scarabaeus for the first time, never really seemed to manage time to show my dedication to the religion, but I forgot to pray often so that could be my fault as well.

In terms of RP, I thought I had a very good role. I entered the contest a few times, no success, so maybe better luck next time. I wish when we entered those contests, if the IMM has time, they could put some feedback on ways to improve for those who don't win. I thought mine was original and I tried pretty hard to RP with people, yet nobody really wanted to dive in past the surface of profane/empire/love the light etc.

I will likely buy my pbf because I enjoy looking at the details of the character later in life.

The reason for deletion was an accumulation of things. I even told myself to not type delete delete in an OOC role entry, but I failed myself there. The largest part of the equation is that I currently work 12 hours at night, sleep maybe 6 during the day, have a 3 month old, 22 month old and am often very busy with them on my days off. My only real time to play is if I set an alarm during my sleep to play an hour or two, or if the wife gives me 1 or 2 nights a week to hop on for a few hours. With such limited time to play, but still wanting to be as active as possible, I would often check the who list with this lowbie to see if there were leaders on, imms on, people worth interacting with. If not, I could roll back over and go to sleep, no harm no foul.

Apparently not, as I was pulled into the realm of the dead, a place I haven't been since I started. Long story short, I was told I was breaking rules, which I didn't truly realize I was. However, I understood how Imms felt I was power gaming to avoid logging in or whatnot, although I didn't truly get that as I would log in regardless of who was on if there was someone worth spending time in game. So I apologized and told them it wouldn't happen again. And then I got hit with a negative immxp hammer which sapped all edges I could have taken at that time. That hurt on a number of levels, as nobody said hey stop that, until I was already getting punished. I was spending a lot of time and sleep loss just to contribute to the game, and it felt like this was my reward.

A few deaths later during that login and I had it. Delete delete. I actually went to reactivate the day this posted, as I said screw it, I told myself I would go for lightning control. But oh well, guess it wasn't meant to be.

Hopefully everyone enjoyed zsarkiln and had fun interacting/fighting him. Ran into some great people, that is for sure. Ran into two others, an elf paladin who I will not name as he is active, and Irvai, that oozed being giant toolbags despite trying to RP with them. But instead they must have gotten butt-hurt by the things that were said, perhaps forgetting they were dealing with a prideful drow anti-paladin. Who knows.

I will try to get back into the game. I really need to learn non-sleek wands, as I constantly seem to be struggling with the new system. I don't really have the time or patience to make an explore character though. I am still a fan of aps, so maybe I will be back in one form or another.

See you all in the fields.

lurkerFri 02-Jan-15 07:28 PM
Member since 13th Mar 2006
249 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#122807, "Sorry you don't have time to play a char the way you wa..."
In response to Reply #2

You're a good player to have around, always game

Elf-pally (Anonymous)Fri 02-Jan-15 08:51 PM
Charter member
#122808, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #2

We had a go at each other really early on, and then you pretty much said you weren't ready to face me yet and seemed to try to lecture me any time after that point when I tried to engage again. Wasn't sure if that was your general approach to most people, but now that I re-read your post, I guess I am probably the one that you are referring to in the elf paladin part, so I took my name back so you can flame on if you like. Sorry if I came off as a toolbag...when someone has sleep up their sleeve, it is hard to stop and chit chat when you are on the end that if the other one catches you napping even for a moment you might end up dead. I don't believe I ever killed you, maybe an assist, and then you just said something along the lines of my never failing to disappoint you.

UndeadirishFri 02-Jan-15 09:40 PM
8 posts
#122809, "It was more so general dissapointment"
In response to Reply #5

Your character displays strength, prowess and has veteran flare. I tried to give it a go early on but getting your butt handed to you with wrath and such is expensive and timely, both requiring sizable login time. So I tried to give you the hint that PK between us would have to wait until later, but we could continue our rp. I guess you took it as cowardice and to me, came off somewhat offensive. I even tried to crack a wity joke to lighten the mood

The part when you pk'd me, I had been fighting a slept tribunal bars and I think another fort shaman. The player understood just fine, but the drow ap was dissappointed in his long time rival not extending the honor he did so early in life. But I don't think you took it that way, as I was hoping for some good banter back and got none.

Regardless, you seem to have built a good character. Keep trucking, maybe I'll roll team evil and give you another go.

Heaghul (Anonymous)Wed 31-Dec-14 09:01 PM
Charter member
#122792, "RE: (RAGE DELETE) [SCARAB] Zsarkiln Killt'delkarhm the ..."
In response to Reply #0

Sorry to see you go, you were fun to have as a adversary, but sounds like maybe it's a blessing in disguise.

GLWYK (kids)

UndeadirishFri 02-Jan-15 12:58 PM
8 posts
#122805, "Thanks"
In response to Reply #1

You were fun to fight as well, although I never really had an answer for you in terms of PK, it felt like I constantly had to avoid you. Villagers are tough without a good set of wands, which I never really had this time.

When you knocked me out on the ocean, I was like damn, nice move and after you took my boat I thought I was done. Then I realized I had a certain piece of equipment on and would still be able to escape. Keep up the good work, you definitely play a good thief.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #122785 Previous topic | Next topic