Subject: "(AGE DEATH) [OUTLANDER] Yegrut Finkle the Vivimancer, F..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #121988
Show all folders

Death_AngelSun 14-Sep-14 09:20 AM
Member since 26th Sep 2024
17185 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#121988, "(AGE DEATH) [OUTLANDER] Yegrut Finkle the Vivimancer, First of the Shining Oak, Harbinger of Thar-Eris"

Sun Sep 14 09:16:03 2014

At 10 o'clock AM, Day of Freedom, 11th of the Month of Futility
on the Theran calendar Yegrut perished, never to return.

Race:gnome
Class:transmuter
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:637

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [OUTLANDER] Yegrut Finkle the Vivimance..., Pwyrin (Anonymous), 15-Sep-14 09:06 AM, #5
Reply Commentary, Yegrut (Anonymous), 14-Sep-14 10:47 AM, #2
Reply Goodbyes and such, Yegrut (Anonymous), 14-Sep-14 10:29 AM, #1
     Reply I was hoping to get a few fights with you..., Liantae (Anonymous), 14-Sep-14 04:08 PM, #3
     Reply RE: Goodbyes and such, Regrag (Anonymous), 15-Sep-14 07:57 AM, #4
     Reply RE: Goodbyes and such, Strienat, 15-Sep-14 09:34 AM, #6
     Reply Good times., Mayal (Anonymous), 15-Sep-14 09:48 AM, #7

Pwyrin (Anonymous)Mon 15-Sep-14 09:06 AM
Charter member
#121995, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [OUTLANDER] Yegrut Finkle the Vivimance..."
In response to Reply #0

Aww man! I really enjoyed the very few interactions we had. I really enjoyed what I saw of your character. I was hoping to interact with you a lot more, but I knew you had been around for quite a while and age-death could come at any time.

GLWYN!

Yegrut (Anonymous)Sun 14-Sep-14 10:47 AM
Charter member
#121990, "Commentary"
In response to Reply #0

Loved this time around with my second transmuter. Duo + chamo is great for prepping close to your target without being seen.

My biggest and main gripe is the sheer amount of time it takes to prep enough to be able to handle a fight. Certain enemies could pretty much waltz into the Tree and beat both the huntress and the spirit before I could halfway finish prepping. I think the amount of HP some of these guardians have should be boosted or more skills added to delay people who are attacking...for example...why wouldn't the spirit use beast call?

At any rate this is the #1 reason why when I play a transmuter again it will be a much more aggressive one. They shine at suprise attacks on people, not defending, takes too long to prep. PRobably having a blunt vuln didnt help.

My second gripe is about losing the ability to stay hidden when not holding the fetish. I completely understand why this is. But my gripe is more along the lines of fairness. If we have to lose that I think it only fair that when the Spire is not holding the scales they lose the ability to use guards outside the cities. Being able to use lieutenants to retake the scales but we aren't allowed to use a 'skill' we learned is kinda messed up imho. Especially considering that despite any griping that led to that decision, it was only good as long as you didnt move. Once you moved you couldn't re-chamo. But it did give a chance to see who was awake before stepping out (if you were smart enough to chamo before you slept). Easy enough to say that while we hold the scales, lieutenants and such refuse to work outside the city walls. Fair is fair.

Used all my spells pretty much but buoyancy. From the help file it seems like it should keep someone who is buoyant from using flurry. Tested it with Nkegh and he had no problems with flurry while buoyant.

Thats pretty much all the commentary!

Yegrut (Anonymous)Sun 14-Sep-14 10:22 AM
Charter member
#121989, "Goodbyes and such"
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Sun 14-Sep-14 10:29 AM

Well this character was totally an unexpected pleasure but after so many years, im glad for the opportunity to set him aside. Yegrut is definitely my most accomplished and rewarded character ever and that is all thanks to the watchfulness and generosity of the outlander imms. I've been in many cabals and Outlander is certainly a new favorite and I will be coming back in a character or two thanks to both the many imm interactions and the many great players I met while in the cabal.

I started Yegrut out with no real plan other than a desire to be a crazy old hermit who sits alone in a cave and talks to himself. the old wise man on the mountain archetype. Only a gnome. That is where Tiggle came from. And for anyone wondering where I got the name Tiggle it was a play on Diggle from CW's Arrow. Not Giggle.

I have only played one other transmuter and didn't like the experience. It was a svirf transmuter and I was peeved when i found out that stone skin was pretty useless on a transmuter. That character didnt go very far and it was a couple years before I made the choice to try another transmuter. Glad I did. One of my top three classes now along with thieves and warriors. My only gripe is that I was constantly unable to finish people because id run out of mana if I wasn't using staff of striking.

Anyways this can get long winded so lemme start the goodbyes part....

Outlander:

Strienat - Wow, my first tat, my first leadership spot, and to be your First. Just thank you for everything. I had no plan as I mentioned but when I read your help file and read my role everything just fit together so perfectly it was like we were destined. I think the hardest part about being your follower was finding the right balance of violence and maintaining that 'guardian' stance. Getting rid of Tiggle made it easier as Tiggle was to big a temptation to go around killing people and then RPing it was him and not me. Hope all those plans you told me about come to fruition. Oh...and I died to old age while carrying the quest item. Doh!

Nkegh/Mog - My two best friends. You both together made this game for me. Our adventures all around Thera were the stuff of legend. We explored more than I've done ever with one single character and during the time you were both around along with some others we pretty much dominated the cabals for a good amount of time there.

Foedett - Crazy old svirf. You were the center of why the cabal dominated for so long. No one wanted to raid if they knew you were awake. Our talks were some of the best conversations I've had plaing CF and I've been playing a long time.

Azzael - You were the most memorable nightreaver for me. You just stirred up trouble wherever you went but to me you were so nice Hope we meet with whatever chars we play (as friends!)

Eialanthius - We didn't get a chance to settle in much together as I woke up one day and we had a rank 51 sunwarden I'd never even met That said, though you may not have realizzed it, Yegrut totally approved of you and your methods. For one - a Sunwarden who actually sticks around! Yay you! And the antagnoistic thing to the point of having apps go after reaver apps...I like! The tree shouldn't be all buddy buddy except when there are enemies around. and you have something I lack (but been trying to get) which is a mean streak.

Mayal - Thanks for showing me where that wand was, really helped. Good luck with the nightreaving and give Eialanthius hell!

Battle - Never interacted with any of them. Only one to my knowledge ever got me and thats because I was not dued and afk. Stupid on my part but I thought I was in a somewhat safe area.

Tribunals:

So many fights.....but these are the enemies that stood out the most for me.

Vree - How. I. HATED. You. You just plain had my number. One of my proudest moments was seeing yopu dead. So good job! Seriously, you were pretty classy but what irked me was you just had to take something every single time even if I had just died to you like a few minutes ago

Elasia - The second coming of Vree. Don't mean as the same player (though there are certain similarities) but you just had my number as well. Very skilled and the strangest is that you come off as weak until its too late.

Nopil - ah screw your long-assed name - the shifter provost.

Another proud moment in Yegrut's history was helping beat the unbeatable form you had. Even if that trick only worked once and after everyone and their mother ran as soon s I did it.

Scions -

Didn't really interact with many of you. The only really memorable one was that shifter who took over after Zhenyen. can't remember his name but he was a vampire bat/lion/yeti. Very aggressive and we were always going back and forth.

Empire -

Classy enemies for the most part. Not much interaction, just lots of fights.

Jarlduz - memorable moment was getting you with the spirit knight. First and last time id ever get you but once is good enough for me!

Nexus -

Yegrut didn't like nexuns much. For the most part refused their help.
He was a guardian and if you attacked the Huntress he wasn't going to rationalize it. Friends today and enemies tomorrow wasn't his style at all.

Can't remember her name but one of my most memorable hunts that ended in a nexun death was when Tiggle (not Yegrut) tracked a group into whistlewood, waited for an hour in RL until they finished getting whatever it was in their and picked off this shifter I think she was. I wanted tog et Vree but she was a target as well. Trannies are so good at hunting, if I have a regret its that my RP put the kibosh on using Yegrut as a hunter. I'll definately be coming back someday as a trannie reaver for more experiences like that one.

Heralds - Didn't interact much but thank you all who helped me throw that event for Strienat. Good times.

Scarab -

Didnt interact much but I liked Quarissa and the current eye Kwae - another long assed name.

For everyone I missed, sorry, it was a long life.

Ill be posting some comments on the class and outlander in general.

Liantae (Anonymous)Sun 14-Sep-14 04:08 PM
Charter member
#121992, "I was hoping to get a few fights with you..."
In response to Reply #1

... But, alas... Age-death. I liked you, we didn't get to interact much though. Another time!

Regrag (Anonymous)Mon 15-Sep-14 07:57 AM
Charter member
#121994, "RE: Goodbyes and such"
In response to Reply #1

Well played at least now I only have to worry about the eye trying to pop in on me. Congrats on an age death. Always makes it worth it.

StrienatMon 15-Sep-14 09:34 AM
Member since 23rd Dec 2013
76 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#121996, "RE: Goodbyes and such"
In response to Reply #1

I enjoyed watching this character so much. You did so many things right and allowed me to further tailor my religion as I moved forward just by some of the things you did or did not do. I am extremely glad that you decided to follow me when I appeared and am glad to have had you around to work towards the things we have started.

Those things that we talked about will be coming to fruition, hopefully soon. I am glad that I was able to make you Harbinger before the end, knowing that your lifespan wasn't all that long but you had stuck it out for so long, you definately deserved it.

Thanks for all the words and I hope that you do take up that Reaver transmuter someday soon. I am sure I am going to enjoy watching that one too.

Mayal (Anonymous)Mon 15-Sep-14 09:48 AM
Charter member
#121999, "Good times."
In response to Reply #1

I am glad you got a shot once Foedett croaked. You're a fun and relaxed player. Glad to show you a few things, lot of folks have shown me more than a few things over the years.

PS, I do not think me and the Sunwarden have ever really played at the same time!

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #121988 Previous topic | Next topic