Subject: "(AGE DEATH) [SCION] Drogtar the Prime Rib of the Maw" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #118699
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 08-Jan-14 03:59 AM
Member since 26th Sep 2024
17185 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#118699, "(AGE DEATH) [SCION] Drogtar the Prime Rib of the Maw"

Wed Jan 8 02:52:17 2014

At 2 o'clock PM, Day of the Moon, 28th of the Month of the Great Evil
on the Theran calendar Drogtar perished, never to return.

Race:minotaur
Class:shaman
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:SCION, the Scions of Eternal Night
Hours:205

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [SCION] Drogtar the Prime Rib of the Ma..., Klibendon (Anonymous), 09-Jan-14 08:53 AM, #17
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [SCION] Drogtar the Prime Rib of the Ma..., Drogtar (Anonymous), 09-Jan-14 01:59 PM, #20
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [SCION] Drogtar the Prime Rib of the Ma..., Drogtar (Anonymous), 08-Jan-14 04:36 AM, #1
     Reply Anymore shaman path feedback?, Torak, 08-Jan-14 05:10 AM, #2
     Reply RE: Anymore shaman path feedback?, Drogtar (Anonymous), 08-Jan-14 12:40 PM, #10
     Reply Awww, bummer, Dalenvyr (Anonymous), 08-Jan-14 05:32 AM, #3
     Reply Really liked the way you killed me (Saguntius), KaguMaru, 08-Jan-14 06:56 AM, #4
     Reply RE: Really liked the way you killed me (Saguntius), Drogtar (Anonymous), 08-Jan-14 12:41 PM, #11
     Reply If that's not a Maw Moment. I'm not sure what is., Mirozah (Anonymous), 08-Jan-14 08:36 AM, #5
     Reply Good stuff., Lyristeon, 08-Jan-14 09:20 AM, #6
     Reply So long Prime Rib..., Voszoad (Anonymous), 08-Jan-14 09:26 AM, #7
     Reply RE: So long Prime Rib..., Drogtar (Anonymous), 09-Jan-14 04:16 AM, #15
     Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [SCION] Drogtar the Prime Rib of the Ma..., Aleavial (Anonymous), 08-Jan-14 10:11 AM, #8
     Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [SCION] Drogtar the Prime Rib of the Ma..., Aleavial (Anonymous), 08-Jan-14 11:36 AM, #9
     Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [SCION] Drogtar the Prime Rib of the Ma..., Valendil (Anonymous), 08-Jan-14 09:49 PM, #12
     Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [SCION] Drogtar the Prime Rib of the Ma..., Halifan (Anonymous), 08-Jan-14 10:13 PM, #13
     Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [SCION] Drogtar the Prime Rib of the Ma..., Drogtar (Anonymous), 09-Jan-14 04:14 AM, #14
          Reply Awwww. Tell me you don't mean it! :), Mirozah (Anonymous), 09-Jan-14 09:17 AM, #18
     Reply Gah. You suicidal son of a cow..., Einrai (Anonymous), 09-Jan-14 08:03 AM, #16
     Reply RE: Gah. You suicidal son of a cow..., Drogtar (Anonymous), 09-Jan-14 01:54 PM, #19
     Reply A fun foe..., Crraya (Anonymous), 09-Jan-14 11:24 PM, #21

Klibendon (Anonymous)Thu 09-Jan-14 08:53 AM
Charter member
#118728, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [SCION] Drogtar the Prime Rib of the Ma..."
In response to Reply #0

After the first experience fighting you, IC, I liked you immediately due to your
persistence but OOC I kind of felt bad. I really wished you'd not come back after the
fights we had. Later on, I even kept trying to get you to use your head and not fight but you seemed to translate that into, just get another body or two. Most of our interactions
were enjoyable, I'll admit. You did get increasingly harder to fight. You almost always
tried different tactics and in the end, I began to love the never give up attitude, so, I
stopped trying to change it. If I saw other people around you, I'd do my best to leave
you be because I knew that you were trying to fight. Overall, I'd say that this was a
pretty solid and memorable character and I wish you the best with your next.

Drogtar (Anonymous)Thu 09-Jan-14 01:59 PM
Charter member
#118734, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [SCION] Drogtar the Prime Rib of the Ma..."
In response to Reply #17

It takes me a long time to get it through my head I have no shot at someone, but I did finally figure that out with Klib and pretty much tried to avoid you unless Oloice or Halifan was around after that. Once I got Anarchy, I tried a few more times to see if Havoc might swing some things, but it didn't seem to impact our fights much.

I appreciate the freedom of movement you let me have when I would have three or four enemy groups to choose from and you could tell I was trying to go after the fights I might have a shot a winning. A great enemy and a great villager from my perspective.

Drogtar (Anonymous)Wed 08-Jan-14 04:36 AM
Charter member
#118700, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [SCION] Drogtar the Prime Rib of the Ma..."
In response to Reply #0

I thought there was something about that sword. I AM SO ROLLING FORT NOW (Just kidding, it was pretty funny actually). I would have been more wary, but I would have probably con died in another week anyway.

Anyway, I had a fairly recent shaman, so wasn't really that jazzed to play another so soon, but I thought aspects look really interesting and like the look of demonspawn altogether, so finally got together a concept to try one out. I had never played a mino before (they are great for covering up typos) but the concept I came up with required one, so I starting looking for a slot. It took me about two weeks to grab one, but I hadn't fully figured out what my role was, and something else had just gotten interesting, so I let it go, but ended up getting another a few weeks later.

On the build, the only real disappointment I had was was minotaur can't take the inquisitor edge which would have been nice since I had abysal flames. With the chr requirement Mino is the only race that can't take it. Maybe someone thought it would be OP'd w gore?

I apologize to people who were offended that I died to a lot, but I always do. I think I own the died the most as in three categories already, and this would probably be a strong contender for a fourth. If I am on, I am looking for a fight. If you are raiding me, I am going to defend, if you have my cabal item I am going to try to get it back. I take whatever fight I have in front of me and don't worry too much about waiting for the right moment. Just run into it and see what happened. At times people killed me and I went right back at them, mainly because I was a bit confused about what happened in the previous fight. After someone had killed me three or four times though and I really didn't think I had an answer I'd lay off though.

Thanks yous.

Lyriseton:

Thank you so much for all you did to make this character a great experience. My measure for success would have been to be fully empowered in the demonspawn. The tat, second path, and title were all just bonuses in my eyes. I've always been a big fan and am very happy to see you back. I think you gave me my first title on Rindleblin around 10 years ago (the poised odium of law I think).

Zhenyen

Thanks for the induct. Getting into scion was a secondary goal for Drogtar (since that was the only cabal option for a CE Demonspawn shaman) that I didn't expect to happen, but it was actually pretty straight forward. Good luck with the cult.

Scions

Halifan, Mirozoah, and Galwar

Scary characters who are keeping evil afloat right now. The reason scion can stay above 50% influence with I think 5 member now while Empire is under 50 with 23 is Scion's 5 actually log on.

Oh Mirozoah, I hope demons are feasting on your rotting, maggot ridden, putrid corpse soon ( I mean that in the nicest possible way, hrm maybe I will roll fort.)

Groakus

Haven't seen you as much of late. Hope things get going for you again.

Grinning Skulls

Oloice you were my favorite character to run around with. Shaman really shines with bash, and you had plenty of bash to go around.

Empire

You have a full council with some decent characters, get something going before you all fade into irrelevance. I am noticing quite a few oaths right now. Sitting on the sidelines until things look better is a good way to be replaced. Council members should not be alts.

Outlander

I never thought fortlander once. Good job making the cabal a power on its own again. I enjoyed all of our interactions and fights. I was thinking on going outlander next, but it would feel like piling on Empire too much at the moment.

Battle

I hate fighting battle and usually avoid it with most chars, but my last few have not had that option. Good group from what I Saw.

Trib

Good to see you matter again

Fort

You actually have some decent chars, but they are lost in the sheer number. Special thanks to Dalenyvr for going out of your way to give me solo fights when there were other fort one.

I would say typical fort char ends up with 1-10 pkws and nothing above stock char besides protection. Why not pick a cabal that is on the ropes a bit and try to make something of yourself.

Overall I think the game is in a pretty good place right now. You can still walk into a buzzsaw of a cabal with 8ish heros online and not be able to do much, but with Lyristeon and Thrakburzug back, and host of new imms, with one overwatching Empire again, and the cult open again, I think the pantheon looks about as good as it has in five years. If you still play, and aren't happy with the landscape as it is right now, things are wide open for you to jump and change them.

TorakWed 08-Jan-14 05:10 AM
Member since 15th Feb 2007
1216 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#118701, "Anymore shaman path feedback?"
In response to Reply #1

It'd be nice to get more detailed feedback like I posted so people have an idea of how things are working or may need tweaking.

Drogtar (Anonymous)Wed 08-Jan-14 12:40 PM
Charter member
#118712, "RE: Anymore shaman path feedback?"
In response to Reply #2

Demonspawn

The upside of demon path is that everything in it is a buff or automatic skill that adds onto something else besides acid spray.

Aspects

All the aspects are situationally useful even once you have them all. The helps files are pretty good on in laying out what the aspects do. The drawback is they cost 100 mana each, so you aren't using them much until you have a reliable slow source. I didn't figure out (was told) the command to make the morossa feeding on flesh thing work until yesterday (carrionfeed). I wish I had played with that more (has to be PC corpse).

Demonic Summons

Demonic summon I posted a log of working. A weak mob that might come and attach when you summon and does some damage and tracks. I have it a 95% for a long time. It felt like recently it was firing more though (like 1 in 8 or something like that) so I am wondering if it got tweaked up a bit

Abyssal flames

Has the chance to cast an additional random commune anytime you use demonfire. Is always harmful (unlike chromatic fire). I am guessing it fired 1 in 5 times or something like that. I had it at 82%.

Acid Spray

It can only be used to initiate combat and hits everything including you. If you have a nightwalker, you will likely end up fighting it.

All in all loved this path, but it relegates you to scion as a cabal choice (or scarab now I guess) which I'd say ranks about 4th for cabal powers for a shaman behind Empire, outlander, and tribs. A bigger drawback is shaman really shines in tandem with a warrior, which you are a lot less likely to have as an ally as a scion.

Anarchy path

Anarchy I didn't like as much and don't think I would want as an initial path, but was happy to have it as my second.

Sicken

It paired nice with Acid spray to bring out hiders. It was a targeted spell with area effect that could be cast in combat, could do decent or really crappy damage, and had a chance to pass illnesses to those it hit.

Chromatic fire

Fun spell. Didn't have a lot of reason to use it in combat since I'd rather roll the dice on Abyssal flames firing

Disorient

I used it a few times. I used it in a 5 on one at the archmage, and I couldn't tell that it inhibited my attackers any more than normal gank code.

Ethos protection

Its ethos protection

Havoc

It always landed fairly easily, but it was hard for me to tell what if anything it did to my foes. It costs 150 mana, so once I used it I would be fleeing pretty soon after to rest up. However, it seemed to last a long time, so I would havoc, tried to hit afflict for bleeding and damn if I could, then run away rest up and come back for more.

Dalenvyr (Anonymous)Wed 08-Jan-14 05:32 AM
Charter member
#118702, "Awww, bummer"
In response to Reply #1

Awww, this makes me sad. I liked our late night/early morning rumbles. Not a whole lot of people play and you were always up for a fight. We went back and forth a lot that last time and the longer and more drawn out the fighting gets, the more you start to get an edge since you can really inhibit my ability to recover and start to push more aggressively.

Yeah, I don't really like the big gank squads and if we're way up I try to strike off on my own and find fights by myself without calling in the troops. All bets are off in raid situations but if I'm just looking for a fight I'll try to roll solo. (Not to say I've always, always, always fought solo, but I make an effort to do so) Yeah if I brought a friend I'd likely seal more kills since I don't have a lot of kill sealing options as elf monk, but it's just a lot more fun and tense when things are on even ground. Fort does seem to be rolling right now, but I tend to play weird hours so sometimes I see things a bit more even. (Prime hours? Fort central) I'm sure with my limited playtime I'll see a few more swings though.

Anyway, opponents like you make the game fun. Respectful, not a jerk, but always ready to rumble and never fought the same way twice.

KaguMaruWed 08-Jan-14 06:56 AM
Member since 15th Sep 2012
805 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#118703, "Really liked the way you killed me (Saguntius)"
In response to Reply #1

It was clever, creative and you only just barely pulled it off. Compared to most of the defeats I suffered at hero it was really refreshing to get beaten by being outsmarted/outplayed rather than simply overpowered.

Drogtar (Anonymous)Wed 08-Jan-14 12:41 PM
Charter member
#118713, "RE: Really liked the way you killed me (Saguntius)"
In response to Reply #4

I wanted to use that location more, but I think that is the only time it worked out for me. Was a very close fight.

Mirozah (Anonymous)Wed 08-Jan-14 08:36 AM
Charter member
#118704, "If that's not a Maw Moment. I'm not sure what is."
In response to Reply #1

IC:

I enjoyed watching you wither and die before you my eyes. Your wretched, useless, inane bovine blabbering shall pester me no longer.

I had been scheming with ways to end your life, devious ways to
put you out of your misery. I wanted to torment you, make you suffer.

It seems, through dark magic, I had found my way. Your pain was my pleasure as your body gave way. In the end, as your life left your body, you knew it was me in the shadows to welcome you to your endless nightmare.

OOC:

My only regret is that I was not online to watch it happen. A missed RP opportunity for sure! Only a truly evil bitch could do this.

I was hoping that it wouldn't happen SO FAST. That's just crazy! I JUST gave it to you! I had a feeling you were low on con so I went for this. I was hoping we could play it out a little bit, or even better, you got wise to my deception. The IMP would be proud.

In any event, I hope you enjoyed our interactions. Good Luck with your next!!

LyristeonWed 08-Jan-14 09:20 AM
Member since 02nd Jan 2004
1282 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#118705, "Good stuff."
In response to Reply #1

You were definitely the "D'oh!" follower. I mean that in a good way. If you were able to use flee a bit more, I think you could be very successful as a shaman. I always enjoy when my followers kill each other and you mixed up with them extremely well. Glad you had a good time and I look forward to seeing you around in another incarnation.

Voszoad (Anonymous)Wed 08-Jan-14 09:26 AM
Charter member
#118706, "So long Prime Rib..."
In response to Reply #1

I pretty much liked Drogtar and we had some good fights. The fights eventually got closer over time, as a player though I kinda avoided
you unless raids/retrieval because I seen you dying a lot. My own
good heart was an important factor in that near to last fight we had
when Lyristeon popped in and titled you after we both killed each other. You fell and I was close to death and famished and instead of curing my wounds..I told the bystanders at tree to leave your things..
Directly after I said it..Boom! Stunned and dead from thirst..
Leading to Lyristeon appearing laughing hysterically..That was an A+ Maw moment...Very funny.. Fun character to say the least..Would enjoy
hearing what you thought of your shaman paths...

Great Job on Drogtar!!!

Croooooooaaak!!!

Drogtar (Anonymous)Thu 09-Jan-14 04:16 AM
Charter member
#118726, "RE: So long Prime Rib..."
In response to Reply #7

I'd say that whole interaction was the highlight of this character.

I placed my thoughts on my paths under Torak's post above.

Aleavial (Anonymous)Wed 08-Jan-14 10:11 AM
Charter member
#118707, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [SCION] Drogtar the Prime Rib of the Ma..."
In response to Reply #1

I wanted to badly to fight you a few more times! Great for to have. Glwyn

Aleavial (Anonymous)Wed 08-Jan-14 11:36 AM
Charter member
#118710, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [SCION] Drogtar the Prime Rib of the Ma..."
In response to Reply #8

God damn phone. Great enemy.... That is all

Valendil (Anonymous)Wed 08-Jan-14 09:49 PM
Charter member
#118721, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [SCION] Drogtar the Prime Rib of the Ma..."
In response to Reply #8

Always classy wish I got to practice on you a bit more, but Im sure you could say the same.

Halifan (Anonymous)Wed 08-Jan-14 10:13 PM
Charter member
#118723, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [SCION] Drogtar the Prime Rib of the Ma..."
In response to Reply #1

Great char! It was great fun running around with you when you were on. Don't take my 'don't die so much' taunts too seriously, I was just trying to let you know that it's ok to retreat and live to fight another day. Sometimes when in a Cabal with lots of eyes on you, there is a certain pressure that can lead to overextending oneself. After reading your goodbye, I'm glad you weren't feeling that and were just doing what you wanted to.

You and Mirozah had some interest chemistry going on back and forth, that left me a bit uncomfortable a few times. Good fun all around.

I'm also a big fan of the title. I'm sure you didn't have a say in it. But everytime I saw it I chuckled. Then I said 'Amusing.' Indeed.

Good luck out there, and great job on bringing the pain.

Drogtar (Anonymous)Thu 09-Jan-14 04:14 AM
Charter member
#118725, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [SCION] Drogtar the Prime Rib of the Ma..."
In response to Reply #13

Thanks. Your my favorite scion since you didn't run away to join another cabal or trick me into an age death or anything like that.

One thing I learned is it really sucks to be a class that doesn't know how to use maces and can't where a helmet on top of that. Add no wimpy to that and it can create a lot of deaths. That was probably my biggest weakness other just taking stupid fights.

Mirozah (Anonymous)Thu 09-Jan-14 09:17 AM
Charter member
#118729, "Awwww. Tell me you don't mean it! :)"
In response to Reply #14

We had great interactions! I wasn't sure to what extent you knew how much fun I had with you.

Einrai (Anonymous)Thu 09-Jan-14 08:03 AM
Charter member
#118727, "Gah. You suicidal son of a cow..."
In response to Reply #1

Dude you made me feel sorry for you

Remember when I snapped at you for summoning me away from Ogsert? I didn't expect the rant you retorted with. And before that, when a third party showed up midfight and decided they hate you more than they hate me?

You did have a few tricks to frustrate me back, though! I guess facing that boiled shield served me right for confiscating your pies so many times

P.S. Isn't it universally agreed that healing in combat is a poor tactic? Though perhaps with demonspawn melee it wasn't as bad.

Drogtar (Anonymous)Thu 09-Jan-14 01:54 PM
Charter member
#118733, "RE: Gah. You suicidal son of a cow..."
In response to Reply #16

Frustration boiled over more that once on this char, so sorry about that?

We had some good fights, and I almost got you a few times, but could never quite seal the deal.

P.S. Isn't it universally agreed that healing in combat is a poor tactic? Though perhaps with demonspawn melee it wasn't as bad.

Sometimes yes sometimes no. Against RBW it was pretty much always yes though. I died several times though thinking backup was close or backup arrived and all they did was neuro while I ate deathblows and died.

Crraya (Anonymous)Thu 09-Jan-14 11:24 PM
Charter member
#118742, "A fun foe..."
In response to Reply #1

You were always willing to mix it up. I tried not to take the battle to you all that often because you didn't seem to match up well with me most of the time. But if you came to me, I'd certainly do my bet to run you off.

GLWYN.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #118699 Previous topic | Next topic