Subject: "(RAGE DELETE) [BATTLE] Ogsert Bogezcelli the Hand of th..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #118628
Show all folders

Death_AngelFri 03-Jan-14 02:28 PM
Member since 27th Sep 2024
17187 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#118628, "(RAGE DELETE) [BATTLE] Ogsert Bogezcelli the Hand of the Unseen"

Fri Jan 3 07:43:10 2014

At 5 o'clock PM, Day of Deception, 9th of the Month of the Winter Wolf
on the Theran calendar Ogsert perished, never to return.

Race:duergar
Class:thief
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:410

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply The BF is not a place to report cheating, Rayihn, 03-Jan-14 02:29 PM, #2
Reply RE: The BF is not a place to report cheating, hothgar (Anonymous), 03-Jan-14 03:29 PM, #3
     Reply That's true or maybe...., Jim (Anonymous), 03-Jan-14 09:02 PM, #4
     Reply RE: That's true or maybe...., hothgar (Anonymous), 04-Jan-14 02:44 AM, #6
     Reply RE: The BF is not a place to report cheating, Daevryn, 03-Jan-14 09:14 PM, #5
          Reply RE: The BF is not a place to report cheating, hothgar (Anonymous), 04-Jan-14 03:06 AM, #7
          Reply To be fair, jalbrin, 04-Jan-14 08:10 AM, #8
          Reply RE: The BF is not a place to report cheating, Daevryn, 04-Jan-14 11:52 AM, #9
          Reply You're the worst/best., TMNS, 05-Jan-14 09:45 AM, #10
Reply Saw the logs - don't blame you..Fort is sad, Sarien, 03-Jan-14 10:13 AM, #1

RayihnFri 03-Jan-14 02:29 PM
Member since 08th Oct 2006
1147 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#118633, "The BF is not a place to report cheating"
In response to Reply #0

Please see 'help cheating' for directions on how to report it.

hothgar (Anonymous)Fri 03-Jan-14 03:29 PM
Charter member
#118634, "RE: The BF is not a place to report cheating"
In response to Reply #2

i wasnt reporting it, its already known by players and imms.

I was probably the one person speaking to him before he deleted. I wanted to come here and tell him i sympathized with the situation, and tell him yes they are a perma, and again another perma that was rewarded with leadership position for a member etc et al. Also to tell him from our interactions what I saw and believed about him, as I had.

I said nothing people dont already know, up to and including baerinika.

Jim (Anonymous)Fri 03-Jan-14 09:02 PM
Charter member
#118636, "That's true or maybe...."
In response to Reply #3

They're just players who play quite a bit (like you) at night (like you). If one of them was in Nexus everyone would "know" that you two were a perma team. So everyone would "know" that because you like to team up with whatever person in Nexus that you prefer to PK with or partner up with for PKs or whatever, that happen to play a lot at night that you two were actually a perma.

hothgar (Anonymous)Sat 04-Jan-14 02:44 AM
Charter member
#118642, "RE: That's true or maybe...."
In response to Reply #4

except that they have played more than at night. always together. log in together, get together. been complained about even by members of their own cabal of their behavior. levelled up together, level sat together, pk together. actually do everything together.

hothgar is almost always alone, only works with those near him if they are hunting also, if that, unless is in a raid situation and needs to help others. even if other nexans are online.

there is a difference between people with near same login times, and perma's. please be attentive to them

DaevrynFri 03-Jan-14 09:14 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#118637, "RE: The BF is not a place to report cheating"
In response to Reply #3

Not that everyone always plays optimally, but frankly if I were going to engineer a 2 person gank team I could engineer a way better team than that one.

hothgar (Anonymous)Sat 04-Jan-14 03:06 AM
Charter member
#118643, "RE: The BF is not a place to report cheating"
In response to Reply #5

given options of cabals maran are in power, with two healers on alot, gives light a 'safe choice'. not only this, but a paladin that can dispel, and storm giant bash spec, that is very powerful. add in autoattacking specific people once said storm giant becomes full maran (paladin doesnt use for dispel of course) and it is pretty much a wrecking team.

Also i have a pretty good guess, but a certain svirfnebli had another char before this one and deleted it, that was with said two people. Levelled up, then finished his levels with them. Has not been with them while looking for his wands (doesnt think found them) has recently attached himself to their hips to fight with them (air / offense shifter)
hes the least to worry of though

The second paragraph is guesswork, I do know from them begging my previous char for help with levelling (in maus, etc) they have always been together, levelled up together, and were only a constant presence with each others presence. Trenloch was another they begged alot for help levelling to level quickly, and has had to suffer them. can speak to many forties present and past if you would like.

Though I am certain baerinika has already heard it already (reason being one told me they spoke to her about it.. complained really). I know you can see their levelling history. I know you can see their pk history. I know you can see how long it has been going on.

I mentioned a few times already there has been a few perma groups that have leadership positions or had. Two still do, one is dead. It no longer matters to me as far as reporting it, because the imms have supported it, even through players complaining, and people leaving the game because of these things like ogsert.
I am not reporting cheating, the imm staff already knows of it and does not care, and I will not bother. I am also not here for a flame war on the bf forums.
All i wanted, was to tell ogsert, yeah they are a well known perma. I understand what he feels, especially after one of them was given a leadership position. I know what it is like having to deal with them, hothgar has fought them alot now (and telitha with them, and others of the fortress with them etc et al).
This game has mattered to me throughout the years. alot of years actually, and even if i dont play constantly like i used to when i was younger, I still play more than I should. The people that play matter, especially the newer people (in part my enthusiasm for helping newbies often (true newbies, not lowbies)).
I wanted him to understand that there is one person out there that does understand, and does have sympathy for him, and no matter what knowing he is leaving the game, period, that i understand why, and that i wish him well.

I did not come here to rant, rave, only say things how I felt them.

jalbrinSat 04-Jan-14 08:10 AM
Member since 20th Apr 2009
211 posts
#118646, "To be fair"
In response to Reply #7

My characters will often build a long term relationship of sorts with people they meet in the lower levels. Once you can trust someone to be competent and not back stab you, they'll usually be the first choice when you're looking for a ranking or ranking partner. This just increases when you share alignment, cabal, or both.

That's not to say for sure that they're not a perma, but there are other explanations.

I'll also point out that the paladin couldn't have known that he'd gain the ability to dispel when he rolled.

DaevrynSat 04-Jan-14 11:52 AM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#118649, "RE: The BF is not a place to report cheating"
In response to Reply #7

>I know you can see their levelling
>history.

There's nothing especially unusual there.

>I did not come here to rant, rave, only say things how I felt
>them.

That ship sailed a few paragraphs back.

TMNSSun 05-Jan-14 09:45 AM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#118656, "You're the worst/best."
In response to Reply #5

This is both a terrible answer (in that it doesn't address the core issue at all) and a fantastic post (in that what you said is completely true).

Mooopsie and Mrrowler again? TECHNO DANCE TIME!

SarienFri 03-Jan-14 10:13 AM
Member since 14th Feb 2009
740 posts
#118630, "Saw the logs - don't blame you..Fort is sad"
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Fri 03-Jan-14 10:13 AM

Those shameless ganks would bring anyone to delete over time. On the flip side, I'm sure you chuckled every time it took 3 fort to kill a single evil thief I know I did! haha

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #118628 Previous topic | Next topic