Subject: "(RAGE DELETE) [NEXUS] Twizoua Elementra the Leading Lad..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #118607
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 02-Jan-14 12:34 AM
Member since 27th Sep 2024
17187 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#118607, "(RAGE DELETE) [NEXUS] Twizoua Elementra the Leading Lady for Harmony"

Wed Jan 1 23:28:26 2014

At 9 o'clock AM, Day of the Sun, 27th of the Month of the Shadows
on the Theran calendar Twizoua perished, never to return.

Race:gnome
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:NEXUS, Nexus, Seekers of Balance
Hours:260

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

CharadeFri 03-Jan-14 03:42 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
120 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#118627, "RE: (RAGE DELETE) [NEXUS] Twizoua Elementra the Leading..."
In response to Reply #0

I really liked and respected Twizoua. As Brizlin I thought you were a great opponent and with the other characters I interacted with you you were a well played nexun. Whether Helping or fighting against you it was always IC. We'll done.

Twizoua (Anonymous)Thu 02-Jan-14 11:28 PM
Charter member
#118624, "Something of a goodbye"
In response to Reply #0

Wanted to delete for a while now, got boring logging in lately. No villagers to fight and I primarily play for PK. So it wasn't really a rage delete, came to die and delete anyhow more or less. Just the doucheness of it was incredible. The current Outlander crop is the suck (not Voszoad).

Rolled Twizoua to see if I can actually beat up ragers after the gnome edges, I'm pretty sure I was the first gnome warrior hero post-changes. Well, the plan worked, more or less, think I got all or almost all of them, but there were impossible matchups, like Crraya or Klib after he legacied up and wisened up not to attempt useless crap.

I was fairly suicidal for most of my life, that was from being sphere Pride - I saw it as never backing down, I've retrieved from five or six villagers multiple times. What was more annoying is no one seemed to want to play a Nexun for the longest time ever. At least now it's much more alive and I can safely delete.

Ate my share of full or near-full loots, plus at least two full-purges when I had to go on business trips. I never understood the people who loot multiple items from a kill they didn't even take any part in, but that's just me. Was able to get and keep a decent set anyhow. The only thing that bugs me is that there is no usable no-remove dagger at all in the game. Shadow is unusable cursed since you can never remove it.

Specs were dagger and spear (never used staff) - thinking was maximize the bleeding and be an uber-tank in PVE with a spear. Unfortunately, the latter part didn't work at all and I should've just picked whip as a second spec. Just a much better choice.

Legacies were STSF and Autumn, to hopefully stay alive long enough to kill them or heal/come back and am perfectly happy with those except at times it seemed like something as crippled as a gnome needs a third.

I was awesome against any giant, alright against a duergar, but a dog against gnome/elf. Strangely enough, I faced giants less than ever in Battle, the recent crop was almost all the more intelligent races. Ultimate fail is trying to fight recent Klib, he's much, much better suited to killing me after he figured out to just entwine and spam pummel until I die.

The key to beating gnome warriors seems to be direct damage - anyone who spammed drum and pummel or even reverb on me was winning handily - the blunt vuln is not something easily discarded.

Also, the edges made them barely competitive, but absolutely nothing to write home above. Pre-hero it's not even worth it to try to fight anything, and post-legacies and edged up I usually needed to heavily prep to head into anything resembling danger. Gnome still remains the worst warrior in my opinion, but specific builds can make it look good against specific opponents. For example, any giant was not beating me ever, just no chance for that.

But I'd never make a gnome warrior on purpose again, just too much pain all around and have to be extra careful all the time. For example, can't take thick veins, so any normally ignorable bleeding can actually kill you. Have to know when it's time to go and bail way before any other kind of build because you're one lucky drum or deathblow away from death at half-health.

At least I seemed to inspire Turmi and Klib, or at least pave the way for others to find courage to give gnome a whirl.

I don't think anyone would care much that I deleted, not like I played a lot, but write and I'll probably reply.

Gilut (Anonymous)Fri 03-Jan-14 10:07 AM
Charter member
#118629, "Liked this character"
In response to Reply #3

We got each other a fair amount. I knew if I stayed in combat with you for long, I was in trouble.

Well done.

GLWYN

Voszoad (Anonymous)Thu 02-Jan-14 09:14 AM
Charter member
#118611, "I really hate you did this.."
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Thu 02-Jan-14 09:15 AM

I know you were extremely frustrated over the incident and I tried my best to talk you out of it. Hearing both parties sides I am pretty sure you know who I agree with based on our talk. I understand why you came to the tree, we had the Scales, Codex, and Scepter, and yes the Tree was in full defend mode. That was probably the "worst" time to expect an impromptu one on one fight. As a player and even character wise, I didn't agree with the extreme that you were looted, and I can say just about everyone who I have fought and have died to me can back me up that I rarely take anything but a piece or two if at all. With the player base as it is and a lot of newer players trying out CF, I try not to spoil the fun factor of anyone. Just try not to let some elements spoil YOUR fun factor. On a more positive note..Twizoua was a pretty cool character and big thumbs up for gnome warrior. Klibendon and you really put the stamp of effectiveness for their case. Awesome job all around.

Croooooaaaak!!

Klibendon (Anonymous)Thu 02-Jan-14 01:17 AM
Charter member
#118608, "Wow, very unexpected."
In response to Reply #0

Goon Nexun. You always seemed apt to mix it up. A very tough and smart enemy. Enjoy whatever comes next.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #118607 Previous topic | Next topic