Subject: "(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Ogun the Hulking Village Vagrant, B..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #118368
Show all folders

Death_AngelSun 15-Dec-13 01:49 AM
Member since 27th Sep 2024
17187 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#118368, "(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Ogun the Hulking Village Vagrant, Bane of the Law"

Sun Dec 15 00:44:22 2013

At 8 o'clock PM, Day of the Sun, 6th of the Month of Nature
on the Theran calendar Ogun perished, never to return.

Race:cloud
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:281

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply It makes sense now why you seemed to hate me so much., Einrai (Anonymous), 15-Dec-13 12:48 PM, #6
Reply You will be missed., Grugdath (Anonymous), 15-Dec-13 12:24 PM, #5
Reply Goodbyes, Ogun (Anonymous), 15-Dec-13 02:29 AM, #1
     Reply I'm Ankhran, Knac, 15-Dec-13 04:27 AM, #2
     Reply Saddened., Klibendon (Anonymous), 15-Dec-13 08:29 AM, #3
     Reply Had a lot of respect for you-, Faenral (Anonymous), 15-Dec-13 10:15 AM, #4
     Reply RE: Goodbyes, Drogtar (Anonymous), 15-Dec-13 02:32 PM, #7
     Reply Great Villager. Constant Presence. You will be missed...., Gilut Fargyth (Anonymous), 15-Dec-13 02:55 PM, #8
     Reply So sorry to see this..., Crraya (Anonymous), 16-Dec-13 09:11 AM, #9
     Reply RE: Goodbyes, Eskelian, 16-Dec-13 10:19 AM, #10
     Reply RE: Goodbyes, Mirozah (Anonymous), 16-Dec-13 03:23 PM, #11
     Reply RE: Goodbyes, Halifan (Anonymous), 16-Dec-13 11:44 PM, #12

Einrai (Anonymous)Sun 15-Dec-13 12:48 PM
Charter member
#118378, "It makes sense now why you seemed to hate me so much."
In response to Reply #0

IC you looked very irrational so Einrai didn't have much respect for you. That's only IC, though.

And man, did you disregard your own survival so badly. Made me cringe. Ouch.

Grugdath (Anonymous)Sun 15-Dec-13 12:22 PM
Charter member
#118377, "You will be missed."
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Sun 15-Dec-13 12:24 PM

Man this sucks alot - loved fighting with you. Learned alot watching you fight. When you logged on it just made things better. GLWYN

Ogun (Anonymous)Sun 15-Dec-13 02:29 AM
Charter member
#118369, "Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #0

Good run, learned alot about fighting with maces, learned that whips aren't good on a giant, won't pick whips again with a non-dexy race. Wish the whole 'prophecy' thing had caught on with more people, for those who indulged me thanks!

Villagers you were a great bunch, don't see why folks complain sometimes. I never witnessed anyone breaking parity or many of the other charges I hear.

Klibendon - You are a beast and a good friend to have, liked fighting by your side and im sure someday you will be either drillmaster or commander. My main regret is I didn't live long enough to see us be the top two.

Gilut - You are a great Drillmaster and warrior, always a big steady presence and never backed down from a fight. Thanks for all your support.

Crraya - Didn't get as close to you as wanted, but I knew you alot better with a previous character and I have to say you are doing a fine job. My previous was suprised you got it but I can say now that I see that you are balls to the wall as a villager should be and I'm genuinely glad you got the position.

Thruklem - I fully expect to see you as a leader someday. Ogun didnt really like minotaurs which I may have told you when applying due to his ties to the ancients and trying to be 'outlander-lite' but I couldn't help myself in liking you. Ogun looked at you secretly as his cross between little brother and apprentice and I only can say that I am seriously proud of how you are turning out in the village. You are brave, competent and display many iof the characteristics of what I consider the ideal villager. Not necessarily the best fighter starting out but truly a student of war who someday will be one of the best.

Enemies -

Tribunals weren't really my enemies per say but I lost a good deal of con to them during the war and earned my title.

Keriel - What can I say, immolate plus bloody shackles is pretty much guaranteed death for a villager who only has one place to heal. You were always classy when I died to you so thanks for that.

Xalistien (sp?) You had alot of heart, you should try a villager next

Nexuns...what can I say...as a player I respect your game, as Ogun I hated you more than bloody shackles plus immolate.

Turmi - Ogun hated you the most for being a good fighter who rarely showed up without a posse. The last death being the biggest yet. As a player I can dig it though and hope you are having fun.

Hothgar - Pretty much the same as Turmi, you were willing to duel though so Ogun liked you a bit more. Wish I could have found you one more time.

Scions...seem to finally be getting strong...hopefully you keep that up.

Drothgar - lots of heart, willing to fight, but you seem new to shamans. Hope the scions keep you around though, if you get better with it your heart plus skills would be fun to watch.

Mirozah - You had some damned good luck when it came to being around when Ogun was at a serious disadvantage. Don't think I ever managed to get you. Shame.

Empire - didn't really see most of you as enemies, but Ogun didn't mind being at war with you due to his affinity to the ancients/chaos/outlander-lite thing.

Rahzeez - you are quite a beast with those super-flurries, was nice fighting you every now and again. Respect.

Ankhran - Grew up fighting you, definitely an aggressive AP. One thing though - you are Torak right? If so - you totally didn't play the way you SAY to play an AP in your AP faq or wiki or whatever. I'm so mad at you right now on behalf of an AP i played according to your faq/wiki/whatever. Screw your faq, im playing it like Ankhran next time if there is a next time.

Honorable Mentions -

Ulrashar - What ever happened to you? You were Ogun's buddy in the fort then you disappeared. As Ogun I tried to maintain a decent relationship with lightwalkers because of you.

Sophie - Noticed you autoed. One of the few people to ever show interest in the prophecy. And your RP was top notch. You were creepy but OGun was all prepped to RP your surrogate dad.

Sotale - What ever happened to you? another one who disappeared on me. At any rate, Much respect for going along with my prophecy thing to the point of even giving up magic. I was honored. Thank you.

I'm sure theres lots of folks I forgot but its like 230a where I am and I still got an episode of Misfits to watch before I head to bed. Cya in the fields.

PS

IMMS - thanks for the compliments and title. I was trying to spread the prophecy thing, question for future reference, should i 'pray' about that kinda thing? I hate praying with a non-empowerment character and was hoping just pure RP would do it.

KnacSun 15-Dec-13 04:27 AM
Member since 07th May 2010
202 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#118372, "I'm Ankhran"
In response to Reply #1

Not Torak. He was Soviatos.

Had fun fighting you.

If you play a mace spec...

1) Look at your enemy's eq to see if you should boneshatter
2) Get the splintering boneshatter edge (gives you bleeding effect)
3) For god sake, get different damage type weapons - seeing you using blunt against my pained me. For example, there are some average 18 damage divine power maces that only giants wield that you can BUY.
4) Hope you had skullcrusher edge. If not, must have
5) Balanced percussionist. Not sure if you were able to get it, but with Ghrummin, seeing that 5 hit oblit + lag was awesome.

Klibendon (Anonymous)Sun 15-Dec-13 08:29 AM
Charter member
#118374, "Saddened."
In response to Reply #1

Really enjoyed the character of Ogun. IC, Klibendon thought of you almost like a younger brother, one that had outgrown him in terms of needing his assistance very long ago. I kept forgetting early on that you didn't use coins and had recently forgotten your history until you reminded me of it. I apologize for that. Still, I thought you were a top notch villager in every aspect. You displayed pride in what we do and how we do it, that is somewhat lacking in some of the village. When we did get to wage war side by side, there wasn't much that could stop the two of us and I was serious about that arena comment I made to you before.

As for your comment about being on top, I don't know if you realized this but there aren't any other titled villagers roaming other than the mortal leaders and myself. Having said that, you were at the top, you just didn't have the position of Commander or Drillmaster.

Also, your comment about whip/flail. I share your thoughts but will elaborate more when I join you on the pyre.

Come on back to the fields soon. People like yourself enhance the playing experience of others and have a very positive influence on the game.

Faenral (Anonymous)Sun 15-Dec-13 10:15 AM
Charter member
#118375, "Had a lot of respect for you-"
In response to Reply #1

Stay classy, and good luck with your next.

Drogtar (Anonymous)Sun 15-Dec-13 02:32 PM
Charter member
#118379, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #1

Respected the char even though our banter turned a bit more negative than I wanted it too and I am disappointed I won't get more fights with you. Will post a little more when Drogtar is done.

Gilut Fargyth (Anonymous)Sun 15-Dec-13 02:55 PM
Charter member
#118380, "Great Villager. Constant Presence. You will be missed...."
In response to Reply #1

nt

Crraya (Anonymous)Mon 16-Dec-13 09:11 AM
Charter member
#118383, "So sorry to see this..."
In response to Reply #1

You have always been one tough giant, and a real constant presence during my login times.

If I or Gilut had ever stepped down, you probably would have swooped in the for the next top-spot!

Looking forward to your next.

EskelianMon 16-Dec-13 10:19 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
2023 posts
#118384, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #1

Liked this char a lot. Aggressive, classy, always good for a fight. Ran into you with multiple midrank chars.

Mirozah (Anonymous)Mon 16-Dec-13 03:23 PM
Charter member
#118405, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #1

Ahh.

Your last death was about as blaze of glory as you could get.

My most intense fight was with you on the ocean. I wimpy 0'ed before I went into it, knowing that either you were going to die, or I was. I was bent on slaying you.

I think I had like 50 hp's left.

As for killing me. Don't feel bad. Only one person has been able to do so.

Good job, and GLWYN!

Halifan (Anonymous)Mon 16-Dec-13 11:44 PM
Charter member
#118434, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #1

I'm a bit hurt I didn't make it onto your list, but I did enjoy each one of our battles. You had a rough go of it with two non-tanky specs, but you just kept coming, over and over and over again. I knew you'd be up for a fight whenever I saw you, and I respect that about you. The fact that you'd immediately bloodthirst, well, that's just a death sentence sometimes.

Looking forward to the next!

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #118368 Previous topic | Next topic