Subject: "(CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Avalusci Lazeyva the Colossal-Hea..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #118115
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 26-Nov-13 02:08 AM
Member since 27th Sep 2024
17188 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#118115, "(CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Avalusci Lazeyva the Colossal-Hearted Combatant, Avatar of the Diamond"

Tue Nov 26 01:00:12 2013

At 4 o'clock PM, Day of the Great Gods, 5th of the Month of the Sun
on the Theran calendar Avalusci perished, never to return.

Race:elf
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:162

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Avalusci Lazeyva the Colossal..., Klibendon (Anonymous), 27-Nov-13 08:43 AM, #13
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Avalusci Lazeyva the Colossal..., Halifan (Anonymous), 26-Nov-13 02:24 PM, #7
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Avalusci Lazeyva the Colossal..., Ogun (Anonymous), 26-Nov-13 02:48 PM, #8
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Avalusci Lazeyva the Colossal..., Avalusci (Anonymous), 26-Nov-13 12:53 PM, #6
Reply If you're not playing that Star Wars role we talked abo..., TMNS, 26-Nov-13 03:15 PM, #9
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Avalusci Lazeyva the Colossal..., Ergoth Rassalon (Anonymous), 26-Nov-13 04:39 PM, #10
Reply Looking forward to what you bring next., Amatrysti (Anonymous), 26-Nov-13 08:22 PM, #11
Reply Very fun to watch, Rayihn, 27-Nov-13 08:29 AM, #12
Reply A brilliant Maran, Youlud (Anonymous), 27-Nov-13 09:09 AM, #14
Reply Loved this character, Whiysdan, 26-Nov-13 12:38 PM, #5
Reply LIVE HARD, DIE HARD, Arvam, 26-Nov-13 12:33 PM, #4
Reply You will be missed., Deaer (Anonymous), 26-Nov-13 12:06 PM, #3
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Avalusci Lazeyva the Colossal..., Mirozah (Anonymous), 26-Nov-13 12:02 PM, #2
Reply Ball of fire!, Lyristeon, 26-Nov-13 08:20 AM, #1

Klibendon (Anonymous)Wed 27-Nov-13 08:43 AM
Charter member
#118154, "RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Avalusci Lazeyva the Colossal..."
In response to Reply #0

I think I only had a couple interactions with you but they all exuded the feeling that your title was dead on. That last time, I wish we'd been just a little faster Luck to you on whatever is next.

Halifan (Anonymous)Tue 26-Nov-13 02:24 PM
Charter member
#118141, "RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Avalusci Lazeyva the Colossal..."
In response to Reply #0

Fighting you was very fun! Great spirit, nice presence for the Fortress, and definitely the most courageous Fortress fighter that I faced thus far.

With Amatrysti in the mix I knew I'd have to stay on my toes, and your presence will surely be missed now.

Have fun w/ whatever you roll next.

Ogun (Anonymous)Tue 26-Nov-13 02:48 PM
Charter member
#118142, "RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Avalusci Lazeyva the Colossal..."
In response to Reply #7

Cool character, didnt interact alot but I was on hand to view a couple of your fights and was very impressed. You would make a great villager.

Avalusci (Anonymous)Tue 26-Nov-13 12:53 PM
Charter member
#118132, "RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Avalusci Lazeyva the Colossal..."
In response to Reply #0

Avalusci's role actually says, "Avalusci's goal is to always, always bring it." and so, I tried to do just that.

I killed a lot, I died a lot. I don't think anyone killed me who I didn't also kill besides Nopilopil because holy #### that bulette is a nice form.

Amatrysti is the best and gets the biggest shout out, namely because we were on the same page to a creepy amount. Just ####ing loved the character. With you I was an energizer bunny on steroids.

Ankhran is equally awesome. Loved fighting you, loved killing you, loved dying to you. Big respect all around and despite tons of people urging me to, I was never going to destroy your weapon unless it had more than 50 souls. Even then I'm not sure I would have done it, probably given it to Arvam in hopes that he'd quest you back for it. While that whip is claimed to be OP I'm going to take a pretty confident guess that I fought Ankhran more than anyone else and never, not once, got mental jolted, only got befuddled once, never got the malaise, or anything else. I was kind of glad he was using a whip because a whip on a fire giant just isn't that scary. What was way more scary was sigil + iceball spam, or sigil + controls progging. Or sigil + flurry. Mainly sigil.

I liked most of my enemies. Some of the highlights with this character were killing Nyst 1v1, taking the Codex solo v 3, taking the Scepter solo v Mirozah. Any of the mass group battles where I managed to single out someone and disembowel them...god I love disembowel.

Arvam is awesome, though I only saw him three or four times. That's mainly because I was too busy pking to go pray. Fortress leadership was pretty cool and gave me a lot of slack to do what I wanted, which was basically pk evil and not explore overly much. I never felt pressured to go kill dragons or anything else so that was nice.

The role essentially was that Avalusci was a wild elf raised by Udgaardian resistance fighters who escaped from Sitran. I had tribal tattoos to represent that and showed a fairly blatant lack of respect for civilization. I kind of cheated and didn't really show it that much to Ildilintra because I liked working with Ildilintra a whole bunch and it was nice having a pk-savvy paladin to roll with when evil was out and about.

Anyway I liked everyone I interacted with and thoroughly enjoyed this character. This character was meant to be a quick-burner mainly because I'm dealing with a super shady connection prone to huge lag and disconnects. A lot of the time I was lagging fairly badly so sword striking was meant as a sort of auto-pilot if I lagged out mid fight, which happened more than once. I cracked up when Amatrysti and Dwybaen mentioned how fast I moved and how good I was at chasing because during those two chases I had two decent lag spikes that slowed me down substantially. But there is good news! My connection issues are resolving themselves very soon and I've got a fun role to build off of over Thanksgiving Break's double exp goodness, so I knew about a week ago that I had to con die Avalusci before then, because I hate having multiple characters. As a result, I completely stopped gathering the aura/shield potions I was hoarding so...The grays and blues are back in abundance! That said, I didn't need much more than stoneskin anyhow to be competitive.

I didn't really meet many solo warriors who gave me much pause. Rahzeez was tricky if I didn't use aura/shield because of big flurry possibilities, but beyond that blades were just speedbumps. A well played dexy warrior could have probably spanked me, but luckily I didn't meet any of them.

I'm hoping someone decides to pick up the PBF because I'm quite curious what my PKpH was, as a goodie.

It was a good, fun, brief run that I thoroughly enjoyed and I hope that my 'Bring it' mentality made the Fields more fun. See you all soon.

TMNSTue 26-Nov-13 03:15 PM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#118144, "If you're not playing that Star Wars role we talked abo..."
In response to Reply #6

...you're dead to me.

Just kidding.

Ergoth Rassalon (Anonymous)Tue 26-Nov-13 04:39 PM
Charter member
#118146, "RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Avalusci Lazeyva the Colossal..."
In response to Reply #6

It was frustrating to go from holding my own against your 3v1s, to getting completely tooled 1v1. My songs just wouldn't land, and even if they did, you'd have them altruism'd off in short order. I prepped to the gills, and it still didn't make any difference. Fighting you at hero was a lesson in futility.

I'm rather bitter about that gankdown death to you. I've been having issues with my new machine which got me killed. Having you loot/sac my instrument added insult to injury, especially given the circumstances prior.

Amatrysti (Anonymous)Tue 26-Nov-13 08:22 PM
Charter member
#118148, "Looking forward to what you bring next."
In response to Reply #6

Damn, I am glad I sent you that IC note before you croaked.

I am off to Hawaii for a couple of weeks and I knew you wouldn't last until I got back based upon what you said about your remaining con. So, I wanted to make sure you received Amatrysti's appreciation. And mine, as a player.

Talk about a breath of fresh air. Often times, I will just be watching soccer and drinking and half watching for something to happen on CF. Then you come along and, well, that is when I can tuck into a good session of RP, PK, controlled chaos and eye popping action.

We were really hitting our stride as a tandem, something I have been waiting for since I got back into CF. You are a class act that will hopefully attract more players to enjoy this fine game.

RayihnWed 27-Nov-13 08:29 AM
Member since 08th Oct 2006
1147 posts
#118152, "Very fun to watch"
In response to Reply #6

Loved the 'bring it' mentality. Good luck on your next.

Youlud (Anonymous)Wed 27-Nov-13 09:09 AM
Charter member
#118155, "A brilliant Maran"
In response to Reply #6

Ye were everytin th' Brigade is about, from what I saw and heard from Fort, friends, an' enemies alike, and I loved ye fer it. I see one o' th' primary responsibilities o' me duty is t' make sure men like ye can get their business done wid aid instead o' interference, and glad ye felt that was th' case. I wasn't jokin when I talked about how much weight yer words carried fer me.

I regret we weren't crusadin at th' same time more often, but at th' same time that meant yer presence meant a lot t' Fort, givin everyone someone t' rally around and be inspired by.

I was truly hopin ye'd be around for a long time t' come.

WhiysdanTue 26-Nov-13 12:38 PM
Member since 04th Aug 2011
243 posts
#118131, "Loved this character"
In response to Reply #0

This kind of character is my favorite to watch. Just an absolute blast. I really, really enjoyed your balls-to-the-wall nature. Watching you just throw yourself back into the fray, regardless of gear, opponents, odds, etc was just super refreshing. Thanks for that.

=w=

ArvamTue 26-Nov-13 12:33 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
218 posts
#118130, "LIVE HARD, DIE HARD"
In response to Reply #0

Man. You went nuts on this one. Never expected I'd see elf axe spec kill so much but you certain dealt an awful lot of licks as much as you took them.

You had some hyper aggressive tactics that were fun to watch in this era of conservative play. Most the times I saw you, you were out hunting hardcore and then I had some work flareups where I wasn't around as much. At the rate I saw you burning con I knew I had to pop in soon.

I also gotta give kudos to how well you could tell a fight story RP style. A lot of times that goes over pretty boring but you really put a lot of the character's emotion into it so even a basic "Yeah I chased this guy around, disarmed him, but he cranialed me." became this epic underdog story. I was a fan. Also some of the #### you tried at hero was genuinely ballsy and fun to watch. It would work about a third or fourth of the time, but when it did, it was awesome and you could the opposition was in "What the #### just happened. Did elf warrior just drive off four of us?"

Anyway, hope you're back soon. GLWYN.

Deaer (Anonymous)Tue 26-Nov-13 12:06 PM
Charter member
#118129, "You will be missed."
In response to Reply #0

I cannot even begin to tell you how much fun you brought to this character.
Even if you came in, burned bright, and died quickly.
I was glad to have taken a part of it.

Mirozah (Anonymous)Tue 26-Nov-13 12:02 PM
Charter member
#118128, "RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Avalusci Lazeyva the Colossal..."
In response to Reply #0

Awww damn!

You were actually a lot of fun to fight. So hard to beat you. Great fun!

LyristeonTue 26-Nov-13 08:20 AM
Member since 02nd Jan 2004
1282 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#118120, "Ball of fire!"
In response to Reply #0

Balls to the walls dude. Just an all-around non-stop action character. Great job.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #118115 Previous topic | Next topic