Subject: "(CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Chaille Rellos the Whisperer of ..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #117855
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 04-Nov-13 10:08 PM
Member since 27th Sep 2024
17188 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#117855, "(CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Chaille Rellos the Whisperer of the Death Spirits"

Mon Nov 4 21:02:41 2013

At 6 o'clock PM, Day of the Sun, 20th of the Month of Nature
on the Theran calendar Chaille perished, never to return.

Race:half-drow
Class:shaman
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:266

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply phew!, silat, 04-Nov-13 10:38 PM, #1
     Reply RE: phew!, Gedunthos (Anonymous), 04-Nov-13 11:02 PM, #2
     Reply RE: phew!, Arvam, 05-Nov-13 12:44 AM, #3
     Reply RE: phew!, Lyristeon, 05-Nov-13 06:32 AM, #4
     Reply Great job from both IMM + mort perspectives! nt, Akresius, 05-Nov-13 07:25 AM, #5
     Reply Hope you had fun man, Nyst (Anonymous), 05-Nov-13 08:28 PM, #6
     Reply RE: phew!, keriel (Anonymous), 06-Nov-13 01:24 PM, #7
     Reply Two questions..did you play eve online?, Sarien, 14-Nov-13 09:24 AM, #8

silatMon 04-Nov-13 10:38 PM
Member since 29th Jul 2011
153 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#117857, "phew!"
In response to Reply #0

So I kind of rushed toward this during my last log on, but my playtime has been scarce lately and the thrill was gone, so I went into some pretty suicidal fights. That said, this was by far my most successful character. First hero, first outlander, and I did decent enough in PK.

I'm not the best RPer, but I tried to play out someone with borderline personality disorder. At times, wildly irrational, paranoid, or angry, at other times much more lucid and calm. Chaille was also constantly trying to convince himself of his own sanity, especially regarding the spirits he heard.

Thanks to Amaranthe for setting up Greenways--I'm pretty horrible at soliciting Immteraction, and just constant praying seemed somewhat forced. Few interactions with Lyristeon were great, and thanks to the Imm that threw me a second path late in life. I didn't really have the practices to take advantage of it, but it seemed interesting.

Outlander: When I was ranking up, there were lots of Outlanders, with a good reaver branch--that kind of died off toward the end, which was too bad.

Nyst, you were great. Soorry for ruining those two snares, both times still got the kill...but yeah. Chaille was a little in awe of you throughout, and you never really let that down. Definitely a little soft in your old age!

Trabbi-where'd you go? I was hoping to have you as a partner in crime at hero, but guess that wasn't to be. Thanks again for showing me around.

Nopilopil: great trib, in my opinion. That bulette is a force, especially with the guards behind you. Really wanted to kill you, but never managed it.

Ildilintra: Tough matchup, seemed every other fight I was perma-lagged. If I could get the staff out of your hands, I had the upper edge, but you wouldn't stick around long enough. Plus, enough SVS where landing anything was really unlikely.

Keriel: For a while there, seemed like my every logon would begin with attempted retrievals against you. Man you were tough, especially when I still couldn't see you. Every mistake I made ended in death, but you were always a classy enemy. Pretty shameful that even at the Spirit you were able to wax me with ease.

Gedunthos: Enjoyed our interactions, even though you never satisfied my chatterbox nature. Very shadowy. Also, flight potions. Flight potions.

I'll respond to others I forgot, but enemies were generally classy and I enjoyed the character.

Oh, as one of the first shaman to get the new paths, here are some quick thoughts:

Venoms is a great path, as everyone reading the logs has noticed. Malice, like old rot, could be tough to deal with if you weren't prepared, but people ready for it had no issues. As a hit, run, and return class, I used it a lot to try to setup the next fight--or to just make my opponents gear for Con. Sets in after about 5 hours.

With the new supps, mana becomes a bigger issue at hero. Once I was given Revelation path, keeping sanc, shield, avatar, and oracle up for all fights was really draining. It made having the fetish for ignites really key to keeping my regen high.

Gedunthos (Anonymous)Mon 04-Nov-13 11:02 PM
Charter member
#117858, "RE: phew!"
In response to Reply #1

Sweet, not bad for first time all the way through! Venoms vs Duergar seems to be as I'd imagine, not the greatest thing. My build seems really, really good at either being able to safely get away or kill a shaman in the vast majority of fights, especially on folks who don't have the option to see me coming (certain shaman paths/duergar/trib maybe). Besides the flying part, which you know, I didn't ever really see any large tactical errors, but that is a deal breaker in fighting at centurions especially! Well done, and I think...I am the most long winded guy around, so next time hit me up, I'll talk smack or politics any old time with anyone who seems interested! Glad to see you go in good spirits, GLWYN

ArvamTue 05-Nov-13 12:44 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
218 posts
#117861, "RE: phew!"
In response to Reply #1

I was the Imm that empowered you and played the part of the Nosi. I was kinda winging it like I have most the Greenways things so I hope I was kinda on target with what you were thinking there.

Anyway you were a fun character and did a good job showing the decay of your mental state. You were in fact the second shaman to ever get a path, period. Greenways are generally only supposed to get one path but you stuck it out so long and were a well RP'd well played character you earned that second path. It seemed to fit your character the most from how you played it.

Anyway, good luck with your next.

LyristeonTue 05-Nov-13 06:32 AM
Member since 02nd Jan 2004
1282 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#117863, "RE: phew!"
In response to Reply #1

You definitely improved as you went along. And you did it the right way. Very good job for a first hero especially in Outlander. Good luck on your next.

AkresiusTue 05-Nov-13 07:25 AM
Member since 15th Nov 2011
280 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#117864, "Great job from both IMM + mort perspectives! nt"
In response to Reply #1

Good luck with your next!

Nyst (Anonymous)Tue 05-Nov-13 08:28 PM
Charter member
#117872, "Hope you had fun man"
In response to Reply #1

It seemed to me as if you did, and lots of it.

Not sure how deep into the various Outlander "secrets" you got into,
this being your first outlander, but there are lots of things to
discover that help with the cabal restrictions.

As the player behind Nyst I thought you could do with a bit more cautious
approach to offering fights, given the risks I saw you take vs others who
would never do the same, but that's just me and you obviously enjoyed it ^^

GLWYN

keriel (Anonymous)Wed 06-Nov-13 01:24 PM
Charter member
#117874, "RE: phew!"
In response to Reply #1

Good job on a great char. Keriel had little to fear from you in most situations since Word of recall/orbs of travels are op and I made sure that I always had one out when facing you guys close to the tree or if one of the leaders were awake. The reverse was usually true as you could just recall from our fights. The times I did get you usually involved you overstaying during retrievals.

Dying to the spirit that one time I raided and managed to kill you was pretty dumb. Skill kicking myself from it. But greater shields fell and the spirit threw out 3 or 4 bearrush in a row, talk about bad luck, ugh.

You did get me once with malice when the new paths first came out because you got lucky and stacked a few things that were all -con and I was just recovering from the looting and had no +con clothing. Tried not to make that mistake again when facing you.

Anyhow, much respect, hope you come back with another, maybe try a tribby and we can go exploring

SarienThu 14-Nov-13 09:24 AM
Member since 14th Feb 2009
740 posts
#117985, "Two questions..did you play eve online?"
In response to Reply #1

And if so, were you Silat in Agony?

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #117855 Previous topic | Next topic