Subject: "(RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Ipyme the Champion of the Virt..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #117755
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 31-Oct-13 07:48 AM
Member since 28th Sep 2024
17189 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#117755, "(RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Ipyme the Champion of the Virtues"

Thu Oct 31 07:40:04 2013

At 6 o'clock PM, Day of the Moon, 28th of the Month of Futility
on the Theran calendar Ipyme perished, never to return.

Race:storm
Class:paladin
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:122

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Great char, sad to see you go, Dwybaen (Anonymous), 01-Nov-13 09:09 AM, #7
Reply Gone Gone gone, Ipyme (Anonymous), 31-Oct-13 10:25 AM, #2
Reply Another good one gone-, Faenral (Anonymous), 31-Oct-13 02:43 PM, #5
Reply Well thanks., Deaer (Anonymous), 31-Oct-13 07:50 PM, #6
Reply RE: Gone Gone gone, Myrdindil (Anonymous), 02-Nov-13 04:59 AM, #8
Reply RE: (RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Ipyme the Champion of the ..., Amatrysti (Anonymous), 31-Oct-13 09:13 AM, #1
     Reply Role + Range + Class Choice just didn't mesh, Ipyme (Anonymous), 31-Oct-13 10:28 AM, #3
          Reply Time to roll another, Amatrysti (Anonymous), 31-Oct-13 01:53 PM, #4

Dwybaen (Anonymous)Fri 01-Nov-13 09:09 AM
Charter member
#117788, "Great char, sad to see you go"
In response to Reply #0

Sorry to see you gone. You were a beast. I hope you appreciated the fact that I understood you wanting to have honorable fights and let you do just that with Soviatos that time.

I hope you also understand that Dwybaen is sphere Destruction and really didn't care how they fell. Just so long as they fell. That being said however, you can attest that I'm not organizing huge roving gangs. The problem lies in the fact that when an enemy pops up, everyone moves to be the first to find them. So in essence it becomes a situation where we are all descending on them together.

Anyways....whatever that combo you had was amazing and made the Rhino an absolute machine when it came to taking the Codex. Great job.

Ipyme (Anonymous)Thu 31-Oct-13 10:25 AM
Charter member
#117757, "Gone Gone gone"
In response to Reply #0

Well that was fun. Solo ranked to 51, never played a paladin before, figured I would try a champion because they seemed to give you a better feel for learning the class. Unfortunately champions just don't have the true punch that a shield paladin does. A lack of edges that make them better really hurts. I saw evil/Empire gaining strength after my last debacle of a character, so I figured if I solo ranked they'd be near hero, I was sorta right. I enjoyed the loner aspect of the character and the ability to explore anywhere.

Storm giant is ok... I'd probably never do it again because of high mana costs on sups and keeping them up. With sanc/mantle/virtues I'd burn through about 300 mana before a fight, even with an hours rest, that would leave me with about 50% mana for wrath or marshal, which usually failed 1-2 times per fight costing 30 mana per attempt.

Shaman dispel is... stupid. When you are at the same level and it strips 90-100% of your communes 9 out of 10 times you just can't fight them. Storm giant with low mana means I could afford to refresh sanctuary 1-2 times before I'd be nearly out of mana and eating other maledictions. Even if I walked in and LoH'd, its 2 rounds of lag which means the enemy can flee/sanc up and fight again.

Got Maran really early on after a relatively lucky battle against Gharzal/Damolo/Soviatos. Thanks Baer!

Arvam: Thanks, wasn't sure what I was getting myself into with you, but I enjoyed it. Unfortunately there was no way I was going to complete a couple of those tasks, but I figured if the dice rolled my way, I'd be successful. Thanks for the pity and for the couple of interactions.

Dwybaen: Thanks for the induct.
Deaer: You helped steer me to the fortress, I was going to go uncaballed till about 35, but then as part of my role I started to gravitate towards the Fortress when the Empire was gaining strength.
Amastryi: Thanks for saving my buns a lot.
Mydrinil: good luck, I have high hops for you
Ildilintra: Thanks for the talks and the polearms, unfortunately every time you gave me something I'd die shortly afterward and get looted.

Enemies:
Soviatos: Really pointless fighting you unless I had a pincer staff which was looted 100% of the time. Poison path is nasty coupled with dispel and low mana for storms.

Gharzal: That power word kill basically started the downward slide, unfortunately I expected to tank better/defend better with edges and champion, that was certainly not the case.

Ruk: Good couple of fights but I knew as soon as you fled you'd be at 100% so I usually had to retreat as a result of low mana/sanc falling or a lack of weapons

Faenral (Anonymous)Thu 31-Oct-13 02:43 PM
Charter member
#117761, "Another good one gone-"
In response to Reply #2

Really sorry to see this. I liked Ipyme for what I saw. I hope we meet again on the Fields.

Good luck.

Deaer (Anonymous)Thu 31-Oct-13 07:50 PM
Charter member
#117765, "Well thanks."
In response to Reply #2

I am glad that I could help steer you in the right direction.
Good luck with your next.

Myrdindil (Anonymous)Sat 02-Nov-13 04:59 AM
Charter member
#117803, "RE: Gone Gone gone"
In response to Reply #2

Besides enjoying a bit of chatting here and there, when we had similar
pk ranges I would think "Hrm I should go hunt THATGUY" and in about a
minute you'd be on cb THATGUY is dead.
Add to it the solo thing and I was constantly impressed.
VERY well done!
GLWYN!

Amatrysti (Anonymous)Thu 31-Oct-13 09:13 AM
Charter member
#117756, "RE: (RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Ipyme the Champion of the ..."
In response to Reply #0

Why did you go and do this?

Ipyme (Anonymous)Thu 31-Oct-13 10:28 AM
Charter member
#117758, "Role + Range + Class Choice just didn't mesh"
In response to Reply #1

At lower ranks with these low numbers its pretty easy to hunt alone. Unfortunately at hero, it isn't because the only people who will fight you alone pretty much know before the fight whether they can beat you and the risk element. That being said, a loner in the Fortress is fine if you are self sufficient like a shield ded paladin/shaman or warrior.

Unfortunately low mana/less offensive dedication meant I couldn't just be the tank I wanted to be.

Amatrysti (Anonymous)Thu 31-Oct-13 01:53 PM
Charter member
#117760, "Time to roll another"
In response to Reply #3

I could tell you are a very competent player and just seemed to be struggling with the build a bit. Hope to see you back soon with another go at paladin with different race/focus. No more Imperials for a bit, please

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #117755 Previous topic | Next topic