Subject: "(RAGE DELETE) [EMPIRE] Daltheis the Avatar, Glutton for..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #117636
Show all folders

Death_AngelFri 25-Oct-13 07:58 AM
Member since 28th Sep 2024
17189 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#117636, "(RAGE DELETE) [EMPIRE] Daltheis the Avatar, Glutton for Pain, Imperial Priestess"

Fri Oct 25 07:51:05 2013

At 8 o'clock PM, Day of the Bull, 8th of the Month of the Grand Struggle
on the Theran calendar Daltheis perished, never to return.

Race:duergar
Class:shaman
Level:50
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:EMPIRE, the Empire
Hours:235

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Good-bye, Akresius, 26-Oct-13 12:55 PM, #8
Reply So what's the difference between you and Drond?, Lhydia, 26-Oct-13 01:24 PM, #9
Reply I know!, Tsunami, 26-Oct-13 02:20 PM, #11
Reply A favor, please, Akresius, 26-Oct-13 03:38 PM, #13
     Reply Come on now., Tsunami, 26-Oct-13 04:09 PM, #16
          Reply RE: Come on now., Akresius, 26-Oct-13 04:20 PM, #17
               Reply Strange, Tsunami, 26-Oct-13 04:27 PM, #19
Reply RE: So what's the difference between you and Drond?, Akresius, 26-Oct-13 03:36 PM, #12
Reply I don't see how thats relevant to anything I asked. n/t, Lhydia, 26-Oct-13 03:47 PM, #14
     Reply I guess I don't understand your question., Akresius, 26-Oct-13 04:24 PM, #18
          Reply RE: I guess I don't understand your question., Amberion, 28-Oct-13 02:44 PM, #26
               Reply There is always a bit of chance in it, laxman, 28-Oct-13 03:47 PM, #27
Reply Hell, I'll bite, Destuvius, 26-Oct-13 03:58 PM, #15
Reply It's simple really., Lyristeon, 27-Oct-13 11:34 AM, #24
Reply RE: So what's the difference between you and Drond?, Sicarus (Anonymous), 30-Oct-13 06:33 PM, #28
Reply I really got the evil vibe off of you. Good showing., Zephon, 26-Oct-13 02:19 PM, #10
Reply "plenty of opportunities to get back at me", KaguMaru, 26-Oct-13 06:20 PM, #20
Reply You sick and twisted little...., Myrdindil (Anonymous), 27-Oct-13 03:02 AM, #22
Reply RE: Good-bye, Klibendon (Anonymous), 27-Oct-13 07:38 AM, #23
Reply My mid-level nemesis, Crraya (Anonymous), 27-Oct-13 08:36 PM, #25
Reply Liked this char. GLWYN. n/t, Sintaero (Anonymous), 31-Oct-13 10:45 AM, #29
Reply Damnit, Arvam, 26-Oct-13 01:14 AM, #7
Reply RE: (RAGE DELETE) [EMPIRE] Daltheis the Avatar, Glutton..., Lorn, 25-Oct-13 10:26 AM, #6
Reply RE: (RAGE DELETE) [EMPIRE] Daltheis the Avatar, Glutton..., Chaille (Anonymous), 25-Oct-13 09:03 AM, #5
Reply Thanks!, Akresius, 26-Oct-13 09:11 PM, #21
Reply I liked you!, Fegul (Anonymous), 25-Oct-13 08:33 AM, #2
Reply Hey!, Ruk (Anonymous), 25-Oct-13 08:36 AM, #3
     Reply RE: Hey!, Sarien, 25-Oct-13 08:39 AM, #4
Reply Ahh you were cool, Ruk (Anonymous), 25-Oct-13 08:28 AM, #1

AkresiusSat 26-Oct-13 12:55 PM
Member since 15th Nov 2011
280 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#117667, "Good-bye"
In response to Reply #0

I had a good time with this character, right up until hero ranks. For whatever reason, I just don't feel competitive there.

Shamen: I liked my paths, but as I mentioned to someone: Pain + Anger gave me a toolbox with a ton of different, beautifully-crafted wrenches. The problem is that oftentimes I needed a screwdriver or hammer to have a chance in many situations.
Dying: The playerbase is pretty classy when it comes to looted and getting looted. Nabor, yeah looting some of your clothes was ####ty, but I logged on naked one day and taking your clothes was the easiest way to get back into the mix. I gave you plenty of opportunities to get back at me. Try keeping it IC instead of complaining about it on the forums with your real handle.
Empire: Yeah, I broke Imperial Law on occasion. Yeah, I expected to get smacked down IC for it. Yeah, I would have manned up and taken my punishment. It was unfortunate that I DIDN'T get in trouble. That's what my role was about: being a sucker for punishment and pain. Thumbing my nose at Imperial Law here and there was a way to get what I wanted. Unfortunately, some players cannot handle that, thinking that Imperials should ALWAYS do X, and when Imperials do the unexpected, they whine on the forums about it. Don't take the bitch way out by posting logs. Keep it IC.

Arvam, thanks for all the smites + punishments. I am so glad you are back.
Gedunthos, congrats on finally getting Emperor. I was pulling for you.
Soviatos, sorry for leaving you all alone, but you are doing a wicked good job as High Priest.
Ruk, HUGE fan.
Crraya, HUGE fan.
Fortress, you're all a good bunch individually, but as a group it's not even worth the effort of playing until most of you log off. It's not a collective fault: play what you want to play, when you want to play. Had great talks and interactions with many of you.

Lots of good players in Carrion Fields. Keep it up!

LhydiaSat 26-Oct-13 01:24 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
2390 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#117668, "So what's the difference between you and Drond?"
In response to Reply #8

Drond broke Imperial Law once and took a huge punishment, but you knowingly broke Imperial Law all the time, brag about it here, and bitch at players complaining at you about it?

That is silly.

HOWEVER:

Awesome character, I really enjoyed our interactions and you had great RP, just like Drond!

TsunamiSat 26-Oct-13 02:20 PM
Member since 25th Mar 2008
1509 posts
#117671, "I know!"
In response to Reply #9

His forum handle has IMM after it.

AkresiusSat 26-Oct-13 03:38 PM
280 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#117674, "A favor, please"
In response to Reply #11

If you would like to further claims of an imm conspiracy, You are free to do so on the Gameplay forum. I would humbly ask you not to do so on this death thread.

TsunamiSat 26-Oct-13 04:09 PM
1509 posts
#117678, "Come on now."
In response to Reply #13

You can't possibly think to take me seriously. Leave that for ORB. I have to take my cracks at newbies though.

How do you only have a little over 200 hours? I think I remember fighting Dalthies as far back as Grimik in the early levels. Pretty rare shot at playing? Do you have much issue with limited gear, etc. playing at that consistency?

Am I getting the name wrong? I don't think I ever saw you as Aster, but that was clearly after Grimik... hmm

AkresiusSat 26-Oct-13 04:20 PM
280 posts
#117680, "RE: Come on now."
In response to Reply #16

>You can't possibly think to take me seriously. Leave that for
>ORB. I have to take my cracks at newbies though.

With those types of posts, it is hard for me to determine intent anymore.

>How do you only have a little over 200 hours? I think I
>remember fighting Dalthies as far back as Grimik in the early
>levels. Pretty rare shot at playing? Do you have much issue
>with limited gear, etc. playing at that consistency?

I played off and on since August. No, I didn't have any issue due to limited gear. I did have to drop link one time while adrenaline was gushing (no, not to avoid PK) and got somehow killed in limbo and lost all my gear, but that was it.

>Am I getting the name wrong? I don't think I ever saw you as
>Aster, but that was clearly after Grimik... hmm

TsunamiSat 26-Oct-13 04:27 PM
1509 posts
#117682, "Strange"
In response to Reply #17

Must be thinking of someone else. Anyway, well done.

AkresiusSat 26-Oct-13 03:36 PM
280 posts
#117673, "RE: So what's the difference between you and Drond?"
In response to Reply #9

PK me, loot me, chastise me, report me to my sect leader or emperor, write a note to Empire, write a note to all, expose me for being a ####ty Imperial. All of these are IC methods to punish me for what you perceive to be poor Imperial behavior.

Taking IC behavior to the forums is, IMHO, is exploiting an OOC mechanism to change things IC.

LhydiaSat 26-Oct-13 03:47 PM
2390 posts
#117675, "I don't see how thats relevant to anything I asked. n/t"
In response to Reply #12

gr

AkresiusSat 26-Oct-13 04:24 PM
280 posts
#117681, "I guess I don't understand your question."
In response to Reply #14

I don't mind getting complaints IC about my char's behavior. I did take issue with people using forums and logs to complain about the character.

Thank you for the compliment by the way.

AmberionMon 28-Oct-13 02:44 PM
Member since 06th Jun 2007
945 posts
#117703, "RE: I guess I don't understand your question."
In response to Reply #18

I don't think the question was to you really.

But I get the question.

You broke the imperial law, all according to your role, which I agree with you is fine. None lay the smack down on you ICly oddly enough, no punishments.

Drond however, broke the imperial law once, and got made bloodoath from sectleader ASAP on first occation. (According to what I've read on the forums that is, I have no clue about reality here.)

So, that's where the questions comes from "How do you differ from Drond?".

Get it?

Always shoot first and then call whatever you hit the target.

laxmanMon 28-Oct-13 03:47 PM
Member since 18th Aug 2003
1867 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#117704, "There is always a bit of chance in it"
In response to Reply #26

I had an air/offense shifter in Empire that blatantly broke imperial law, while several of the council were logged in. They asked why I was wanted and I lied about the circumstances. Took me weeks of doing it before an Imm stepped in and booted me.

Jerry is a great example. He has had villagers get booted right away, villagers get booted after a while, and all too many delete/die that were not booted but pretty much everyone (including the village leaders and imms) think should have but he managed to get lucky enough for various reasons to keep his hut until the end.

His behaviour does not change all that much from 1 villager to the next but his success in avoiding the boot fluctuates and this is as close to a controlled experiment you can have (same player, same cabal, same pattern of behavior, same immortal leadership, etc). At the end of the day, sometimes people get the can, sometimes they don't, it happens more often to people who deserve it (the boot) but can happen to those less deserving more swiftly or not at all even.

DestuviusSat 26-Oct-13 03:58 PM
Member since 08th Oct 2013
1012 posts
#117676, "Hell, I'll bite"
In response to Reply #9

Each situation is handled different than the next. Breaking Imperial law in an interesting, well role played fashion is totally different than breaking imperial law out of convenience in a poorly executed manner. Contrary to popular belief, there are ways to color outside the lines with little to no consequence.

Also, out of respect to Akres and his own request about moving further discussion to the gameplay forum, I will happily field questions that people have for me about Empire stuff there.

LyristeonSun 27-Oct-13 11:34 AM
Member since 02nd Jan 2004
1282 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#117695, "It's simple really."
In response to Reply #9

Not everyone is snooped or watched at all times. I had no idea who was playing who and I thought Daltheis should have been High Priest. That isn't a knock on the current High Priest. It is quite probable that nobody from the staff noticed.

Sicarus (Anonymous)Wed 30-Oct-13 06:33 PM
Charter member
#117744, "RE: So what's the difference between you and Drond?"
In response to Reply #9

Idk, but as Sicarus I broke Imperial law every chance I got. Never got in trouble. I mean some players got mad at me, Jerry was throwing a bitch fit, but no consequences.

ZephonSat 26-Oct-13 02:19 PM
Member since 21st Mar 2007
488 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#117670, "I really got the evil vibe off of you. Good showing."
In response to Reply #8

Good luck with your next.

KaguMaruSat 26-Oct-13 06:20 PM
Member since 15th Sep 2012
805 posts
#117683, ""plenty of opportunities to get back at me""
In response to Reply #8

Meaning plague + energy drain + flee. I had ever so slightly less chance of killing you than you would have of killing me if I was a) Not linkdead b) Not in a suicidal rage, which is to say more or less the exact % of a cleave instakill. I almost never lost a PK as long as my connection and my temper held out, I don't see any reason why you would.

"Some of my clothes" to be clear means "Every last item in my corpse down to the stack of esoteric wands and scrolls in my prep bag, not forgetting the pies" (admittedly with the exception of the limited abs).

I actually quit playing for about a week after that, so as far as I was concerned I was done and there was no problem with posting about it on the forums.

I more or less forgave you because I did something similar to recover from a full loot with another character (I didn't take the prep bag, it was my own kill, I offered a rematch without fleeing, and didn't seal the multi-kill when I had them at my mercy, but I still took 2/3rds of that poor gnome's gear) but call me out on this and I will respond.

Myrdindil (Anonymous)Sun 27-Oct-13 03:02 AM
Charter member
#117690, "You sick and twisted little...."
In response to Reply #8

Really a very enjoyable character to interact with.
Mechanically I learned from you to highlight when my sanc
gets dispelled. Thanks ... I think.

Klibendon (Anonymous)Sun 27-Oct-13 07:38 AM
Charter member
#117692, "RE: Good-bye"
In response to Reply #8

Well some error occurred trying to write my first goodbye so I'm keeping this one simple.

Great character. Your RP was twisted and always spot on, which is an element often added when IMMs play characters and that I is something really enjoy when you do. After a few skirmishes and your statement about preferring one weapon over another, I obliged and whenever I thought I'd fight you, wore a whip. You taught me a lot about new shaman mechanics, so I was happy to do so although I did want to leave bruises too.

FWIW I feel that characters like this one set a bar for others to reach RP wise, even if not PK wise, and that is one of my favorite parts to this game. I hope to see you in the fields again soon.

Crraya (Anonymous)Sun 27-Oct-13 08:36 PM
Charter member
#117700, "My mid-level nemesis"
In response to Reply #8

During my midranks I seemed to spend my entire time fighting either you or Finley. Both characters were very well roleplayed and both made the constant battles very fun - even though noone really ever got killed.

I had been hoping to see you as High Priest, but then your times dropped off... and just a few days ago I saw you again and was hoping your playtimes would start to bump up again.

Oh well. Loved the RP. Enjoy your next.

Sintaero (Anonymous)Thu 31-Oct-13 10:45 AM
Charter member
#117759, "Liked this char. GLWYN. n/t"
In response to Reply #8

n/t

ArvamSat 26-Oct-13 01:14 AM
218 posts
#117654, "Damnit"
In response to Reply #0

I wanted to title you the next time I saw you around. I needed to think of something appropriately masochistic and gluttonous. Either way, you were a lot of fun. Great take on things and the interactions had me cracking up at times, and appropriately grossed out in others. Well done all around.

Also you kicked a pretty solid amount of ass. Timing and imperial politics happened though and I thought you had a really solid shot at High Priest or more.

As an aside I'd be curious on what your thoughts are on some of the neo-shaman stuff. You're the first one to go down that had a real look at some of the new packs.

LornFri 25-Oct-13 10:26 AM
Member since 02nd Oct 2010
88 posts
#117644, "RE: (RAGE DELETE) [EMPIRE] Daltheis the Avatar, Glutton..."
In response to Reply #0

Very cool character! I remember our first mini scrap in Darsylon and the time I asked to find out more about you so we chatted in front of the palace. Tense. Was looking forward to more war with you. GLWYN.

Chaille (Anonymous)Fri 25-Oct-13 09:03 AM
Charter member
#117643, "RE: (RAGE DELETE) [EMPIRE] Daltheis the Avatar, Glutton..."
In response to Reply #0

Oh too bad, I liked you. You were my nemesis at mid-ranks, and fun to interact with. I was just trying to keep up!

Then your playtime fell off and you started avoiding me, which was too bad. I'm still kicking myself for using fatigue instead of dispel evil in the hidden room.

AkresiusSat 26-Oct-13 09:11 PM
280 posts
#117685, "Thanks!"
In response to Reply #5

See comment about competitiveness. Great job with Chaille. You never let up on me! Love to see solid Reavers like yourself.

Fegul (Anonymous)Fri 25-Oct-13 08:33 AM
Charter member
#117640, "I liked you!"
In response to Reply #0

Had fun rolling with you. My "empire buddies" as they were kind of faded once we all hit Hero...probably because a certain chieftain likes to kill...everybody

Ruk (Anonymous)Fri 25-Oct-13 08:36 AM
Charter member
#117641, "Hey!"
In response to Reply #2

It's not everyone. Just those in the words of Eric cartman that do not "respect my authori-TAY"

Beefcake

SarienFri 25-Oct-13 08:39 AM
Member since 14th Feb 2009
740 posts
#117642, "RE: Hey!"
In response to Reply #3
Edited on Fri 25-Oct-13 08:39 AM

yea...I'd argue that the respecting your authori-TAY extends to everyone...pk range or not haha.

Ruk (Anonymous)Fri 25-Oct-13 08:28 AM
Charter member
#117638, "Ahh you were cool"
In response to Reply #0

I really liked your RP angle and had fun with our interactions. Now Ruk needs to get another secret imperial slave

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #117636 Previous topic | Next topic