Subject: "(DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Bharhum Ek'kan'lith the Sworn Hand..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #116742
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 02-Sep-13 11:54 PM
Member since 28th Sep 2024
17189 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#116742, "(DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Bharhum Ek'kan'lith the Sworn Hand of the Law, Honorably Semi-Retired, Magistrate of Hamsah Mu'tazz"

Mon Sep 2 06:56:05 2013

At 6 o'clock PM, Day of the Moon, 14th of the Month of the Great Evil
on the Theran calendar Bharhum perished, never to return.

Race:cloud
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:TRIBUNAL, the Blood Tribunal
Hours:433

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Bharhum has returned to the Great Nortwest., Bharhum (Anonymous), 03-Sep-13 03:16 AM, #1
     Reply RE: Bharhum has returned to the Great Nortwest., Ekaerok (Anonymous), 03-Sep-13 09:08 AM, #2
     Reply RE: Bharhum has returned to the Great Nortwest., Bharhum (Anonymous), 03-Sep-13 09:18 AM, #3
     Reply You were fun back when I was in tribunal., Zephon, 03-Sep-13 10:09 AM, #4
     Reply Torm liked Bharhum, xrus, 03-Sep-13 03:44 PM, #5
     Reply RE: Bharhum has returned to the Great Nortwest., Finley (Anonymous), 03-Sep-13 04:18 PM, #6
     Reply RE: Bharhum has returned to the Great Nortwest., Bharhum (Anonymous), 03-Sep-13 05:01 PM, #7
     Reply I wasn't after him. I asked him in a polite OOC fashion..., Thatsvirf (Anonymous), 03-Sep-13 10:43 PM, #9
          Reply FYI, Bharhum (Anonymous), 04-Sep-13 08:12 AM, #15
     Reply All I did was politely ask you to use the shift key., Thatsvirfneblin (Anonymous), 03-Sep-13 10:39 PM, #8
          Reply If you care, this is one of your tells (n/t), Daevryn, 04-Sep-13 12:11 AM, #11
          Reply Figure we are talking about Pro since shift keys are me..., TMNS, 05-Sep-13 08:47 AM, #20
          Reply Hmmm..., Finley (Anonymous), 04-Sep-13 06:25 AM, #14
          Reply RE: Hmmm..., Daevryn, 04-Sep-13 08:46 PM, #19
          Reply i think i speak for everyone when i say, Eskelian, 04-Sep-13 11:44 AM, #16
     Reply Really enjoyed you as Brizlin, Charade, 03-Sep-13 11:15 PM, #10
     Reply I'd put you in the top three trib chars over the las fe..., Kraldinor (Anonymous), 04-Sep-13 03:07 AM, #12
     Reply No love for MonsGot as an ally?!?, Bharhum (Anonymous), 04-Sep-13 03:33 AM, #13
          Reply RE: No love for MonsGot as an ally?!?, Kraldinor (Anonymous), 04-Sep-13 07:05 PM, #17
               Reply RE: No love for MonsGot as an ally?!?, Bharhum (Anonymous), 04-Sep-13 07:47 PM, #18
                    Reply I had no idea Bharhum and Monsgot were the same player...., Kraldinor (Anonymous), 05-Sep-13 06:49 PM, #21
     Reply RE: Bharhum has returned to the Great Nortwest., Hilamar (Anonymous), 13-Sep-13 04:53 PM, #22

Bharhum (Anonymous)Tue 03-Sep-13 03:12 AM
Charter member
#116745, "Bharhum has returned to the Great Nortwest."
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Tue 03-Sep-13 03:16 AM

Well, I was planning to simply retire and quietly fade away. But when I handed over Provost to Nopilopil was also about the time that few key people deleted leaving Nops with a big job to do.

Plan B: Come out of retirement to give Nopilopil a hand, I still had a bit of con left and I was still middle-aged. Wrote a role addition and everything, I was looking forward to being an old grouchy 'get of my lawn' type of magistrate who had seen a few too many winters.

Unfortunately I made the fatal mistake of posting my ideas as an active character on the gameplay forum, and that was going to drag OOC matters IC and give Bharhum a huge amount of baggage. It was stupid of me and in hindsight I should have just stuck with Plan A, but c'est la vie. So my decision to simply delete.

This was my first real Cabal Leader (i've had a few sect/secondary leaders), and the imms I dealt with had great patience dealing with me, especially when I got turned into a girl *** shakes fists at Finley ***, and I cant thank them enough for their help.

Anyway, goodbyes:

Hilamar: You were boss, figuratively and literally and were always willing to help me win my re-induction. Sorry I couldn't find a clouddie to replace me for three cloud provosts in a row

Blindev: Really enjoyed rolling with you while Hilamar was around. When it was being decided who was going to be the next provost, I made it clear if I got it I needed a Justiciar to help me and you made a great one, had some great talks in your office even when we disagreed. I would have loved it if you had got provost and not me...I might have gone for vindicator.

Torm, Neme, Glinda...someone else: It was fun working with you guys, it would have been interesting if you guys had lasted all the way if the imms would have choosen one...

Nopilopil: Nops! Sorry to leave you like this, with no provvies, but you seem to sure know what you are doing a hell of a lot more than I did when I started as Provost. Good luck!

Finley: Yer frickin ball stealing stinker! Always loved interacting with you. Would you have stuck around as a magistrate if I didn't insist you hero before I recommend you for Provincial? Good luck with Dreadlord.

Kraldinor: Loved fighting with you (and against you for a short period), and you and Hilamar gave me the 'spiritual' advice I needed when I was uninducted. Many thanks.

Ujeskan: You would always warn me if order was tipping, and your arena contest was great thanks for organising that. I don't think we actually fought outside of the arena did we?

Ekaerok: You escaped me asskicking you by imming! Sneaky...very sneaky. In all seriousness I learned a lot from you, especially that bash;giant flurry;get all corpse isn't a win all formulae.

Voralia: I liked interacting with you, especially because bharhum was trying to suck upto you to keep you happy about the protection in your city! And you were always gracious whilst wanted.

There are so many others that I forget. If I forgot a shout out to anyone let me know.

Ekaerok (Anonymous)Tue 03-Sep-13 09:08 AM
Charter member
#116746, "RE: Bharhum has returned to the Great Nortwest."
In response to Reply #1

I remember one fight after I had already beaten you several times, I used a few less preps trying to save time and assaulted you in the warrior's guild in Hamsah. You flurried, and I think I got out with 50 HP and would have died if parting blow had landed. I never underestimated you after that.

As far as bash;giant flurry;get all corpse.. Mostly, you hit on the flurry too fast. You can do this if you have two cursed or nodisarm weapons, but if you don't I can potentially disarm/offhand then flurry back. Also, I am not sure but I don't think you often size adjusted. You could have given me real problems with some of the imperial ganks if you enlarged when I did.

Bharhum (Anonymous)Tue 03-Sep-13 09:17 AM
Charter member
#116747, "RE: Bharhum has returned to the Great Nortwest."
In response to Reply #2
Edited on Tue 03-Sep-13 09:18 AM

Funny you should mention that! I don't log many things but I do have a log of that. If I remember correctly I logged it because: Holy #### I just beat up Ekaerok!

If noone minds I'll post it here.

ZephonTue 03-Sep-13 10:09 AM
Member since 21st Mar 2007
488 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#116749, "You were fun back when I was in tribunal."
In response to Reply #1

Halaial was an adventure but it was not really playing out as a class that I liked. I almost wish I would have stuck with it. Almost.

I also pasted you as Keca Alforge. It was funny. But I think that was before I rolled my tribunal or was it after? I do not remember anymore!

xrusTue 03-Sep-13 03:44 PM
Member since 13th May 2011
318 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#116750, "Torm liked Bharhum"
In response to Reply #1

So did I.

I wish I could lasted longer and see how the process could go. I know Glinda has deleted too, so I thought Torm's chance is higher. But as I said before, I couldn't stand it anymore.

GLWYN

Finley (Anonymous)Tue 03-Sep-13 04:18 PM
Charter member
#116751, "RE: Bharhum has returned to the Great Nortwest."
In response to Reply #1

Hey sorry about getting you turned into a girl but you know you enjoyed the RP of it And it had to be one of the best parties ever not at the Star!

Anyways I can't say alot about all my reasons yet, but the feeling that I was being held back due to staying at my level did play a small factor in deciding to make a change in scenery.

It didn't seem fair to me seeing as the Marshal of the fort at the time was the exact same rank as I was...many leader positions had been held by people of lower rank than I was and the only difference was amount of time AT that rank not the rank itself. For me it was an OOC standard being applied IC.

It's kinda like letting an up-and-coming executive know that they are exactly what the company needs in a new VP (an executive that has competing offers from other companies) but before you will let them get that VP spot they have to pass some arbitrary test after they have spent years doing the job you have already told them is a perfect fit for them.

Anyways, I loved you as Provost. You made the time as a Magistrate fun and that as a player is one of my goals. I like people to enjoy interactions with my characters and/or be pulled into doing something dramatic. I'll never understand assholes whose sole purpose is to verbally attempt to make every interaction unpleasant as possible. And yes I am referring to a certain elf/svirf that you know I HATED with a passion and still believe was one and the same.

There are ways to have 'enemy banter' without being a friggin jerk. End rant! So good luck ith whatever it is pulling you from CF and hope you come back someday.

Just watch out for duergar bearing strange fruit!

LOL

Bharhum (Anonymous)Tue 03-Sep-13 04:50 PM
Charter member
#116752, "RE: Bharhum has returned to the Great Nortwest."
In response to Reply #6
Edited on Tue 03-Sep-13 05:01 PM

Putting it that way you are quite right, I probably held you back way too much. And not just by insisting you hero to get provincial, but also with the defending other-cabals thing. But still, we had fun and that is the main thing!

"I am referring to a certain elf/svirf that you know I HATED with a passion and still believe was one and the same"

When you delete/con/agedie, you'll have to let me know why that guy was/is after you. You piss in his soup or something?

Thatsvirf (Anonymous)Tue 03-Sep-13 10:43 PM
Charter member
#116765, "I wasn't after him. I asked him in a polite OOC fashion..."
In response to Reply #7

He wigged out OOC about it and an Elf said he knew who I was and would make me pay.

He did. He ganged me down and full sacked me.

I quit the cabal because of you and him. He was lying about things and you booted the Storm Giant who was trying to point this out.

Probably one of the bigger WTF CF moments ever.

Bharhum (Anonymous)Wed 04-Sep-13 08:08 AM
Charter member
#116781, "FYI"
In response to Reply #9
Edited on Wed 04-Sep-13 08:12 AM

That is NOT why the storm giant was honourably discharged (not booted).

You can say what you like about me, since i'm dead an gone. But you are slandering (or libeling, whatever) active characters here.

Thatsvirfneblin (Anonymous)Tue 03-Sep-13 10:39 PM
Charter member
#116764, "All I did was politely ask you to use the shift key."
In response to Reply #6

When you are trying to RP it looks like a 15 year old in a chatroom and really detracts from your performance.

I was extremely polite and you had a meltdown. I thought perhaps you misunderstood what I said so I tried to ICly point out that you type notes just fine.

It's been said time and again by mortal and immortal alike that the shift key get's you greater mileage. Several people have said over the years they won't even group with people that don't use it to capitalize or punctuate.

So I was trying to help you but because of your OOC tirade I just ignored you. Love the gang full sac for trying to help you up your game. You showed class there.

It's no surprise people quit the cabal over you. Apparently at least 3. Elf, Storm, Svirf. Any others?

DaevrynWed 04-Sep-13 12:11 AM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#116768, "If you care, this is one of your tells (n/t)"
In response to Reply #8

TMNSThu 05-Sep-13 08:47 AM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#116816, "Figure we are talking about Pro since shift keys are me..."
In response to Reply #11

Good ole Eric.

Finley (Anonymous)Wed 04-Sep-13 06:25 AM
Charter member
#116774, "Hmmm..."
In response to Reply #8

A duergar anti-paladin who sometimes lies? GTFO. You'd think he is like...a paragon of ultimate evil, corruption, and hobnobs with freaking demons or something.

Though I never did lie to the storm giant. You just decided to get him riled up over a mistake I made. You can believe that is a lie but its the honest truth. When I checked 'who' I saw a wanted flag and mentioned it. That simple.

I did lie about threatening you though. I wanted to make you have a meltdown and it worked perfectly.

As for OOC tirade? I strongly hinted at an OOC possibility IC because I KNEW who you were and powerranking a new character to play the same character you just played with a different skin only to pick the EXACT SAME fight and make it extremely plain you are the exact same person under the hood is even more OOC. Even Daevryn just pointed out your tell in a nice way. So I apologize but I thought as a player I was done with you and was GLAD..only to have you show up a couple days later in a new skin.

And despite your thoughts on shift keys and such you are the ONLY player who gives two ####s about it. I've been playing CF for over a DECADE friend-o and specifically tailor my speech patterns to convey how my character SOUNDS as best as possible. That's why I can write a good missive when I want to because how a person WRITES isn't the same as how they TALK.

Frankly it is ALSO OOC to keep bringing up how a person decides to relate the sound of their character in a text-based game because you dislike their punctuation when your character can't SEE what you are typing and only HEARS what you are saying.

And if you can tell what is being typed and you know damn well you can then effin roll with it and stop being a jerk. It'll go a long way to making other players feel comfortable interacting with you IC when they can play the way they feel like playing.

Frankly you remind me of the occasional dude in Ghost Recon Online who has a complete meltdown and starts swearing and cursing (at ten year olds mind you) because they talk too much. Really? They shouldn't even be playing GRO at their age but if they are...they are are freaking ten years old...your meltdown and cursing at kids is way worse...not you...just that's what you remind me of...someone who is so focused on their own feelings and perceptions and sense of being violated by someone's actions during a game that they first forget its just a game and second they then do something even worse than the original perceived offender.

Anyways as I said in your death thread I am sorry for ganging you down and looting you and any other suffering you may have suffered because I had everyone I knew out to get you but you pissed Finley off and that's how Finley rolls. Duergar AP for life *makes gang signs*

DaevrynWed 04-Sep-13 08:46 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#116807, "RE: Hmmm..."
In response to Reply #14

>And despite your thoughts on shift keys and such you are the
>ONLY player who gives two ####s about it.

To be fair, I think some people do legitimately care about it.

But really only one person cares enough to try to correct you on it in an extra quasi-passive-aggressive pushy way.

EskelianWed 04-Sep-13 11:43 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
2023 posts
#116798, "i think i speak for everyone when i say"
In response to Reply #8
Edited on Wed 04-Sep-13 11:44 AM

Just do this next time:

note to : person
note subject : Out of character
note + : OOC - sorry to go OOC but I have a pet peeve with not capitalizing and punctuating text. If you don't care could you stop doing that?
note + Thanks and sincerely,
note + Me
note send

Personally...I'd ignore whether or not someone uses proper punctuation but if you *need* to go OOC, just go OOC instead of trying to explain an inherently OOC thing IC.

It's not like you look any better by trying to say "shift key" in character.

CharadeTue 03-Sep-13 11:15 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
120 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#116766, "Really enjoyed you as Brizlin"
In response to Reply #1

I liked our talk over coffee ans really appreciated the role play of "we may not beat you but if the village keeps attacking we will try". Humble in working for peace yet ready for war. I thought you really lead Tribunal thoughtfully and well.

Kudos

Kraldinor (Anonymous)Wed 04-Sep-13 03:07 AM
Charter member
#116770, "I'd put you in the top three trib chars over the las fe..."
In response to Reply #1

along with Ziruanja and Borkahd's Cloud Warrior vindy whose name I have forgotten. You were one of my favorite allies overall (probably number two after Jebaral) and my favorite travel companion outside of Empire. I'd like to think the brief Empire/Spire war helped accelerate your becoming provost before Zorl could completely destroy the Spire, but who knows.

The drama with Noviask also added some flavor to Kraldinor's life.

Bharhum (Anonymous)Wed 04-Sep-13 03:32 AM
Charter member
#116772, "No love for MonsGot as an ally?!?"
In response to Reply #12
Edited on Wed 04-Sep-13 03:33 AM

The reason I deleted Monsgot was because having another hero was taking too much time away from playing Bharhum, and I didn't want to be a deadbeat cabal leader.

It was hilarious that time you were telling Monsgot about how you had brought the provost under your control.

Kraldinor (Anonymous)Wed 04-Sep-13 07:05 PM
Charter member
#116803, "RE: No love for MonsGot as an ally?!?"
In response to Reply #13

Monsgot was fine, we just didn't come anywhere near having the amount of time Bharhum and Kraldinor had together or face the same kind of odds.

Bharhum (Anonymous)Wed 04-Sep-13 07:47 PM
Charter member
#116806, "RE: No love for MonsGot as an ally?!?"
In response to Reply #17

Yeah, though some of the time being a neutral only after the criminals worked in my favour so a lot of times I wasn't facing the same odds as you, except when Oshui was around wanting to pad his pk.

Out of interest, you didn't click that Bharhum and Monsgot were one and the same player did you? I did my best to make them different, and it would be a measure of how my roleplay is improving if you (or anyone) noticed.

That time when you were talking to Monsgot about the provost I did my best to do a spock-stony-faced impression to not give the game away! I as a player was lol'ing at the keyboard though.

Kraldinor (Anonymous)Thu 05-Sep-13 06:49 PM
Charter member
#116829, "I had no idea Bharhum and Monsgot were the same player...."
In response to Reply #18

I actually had a guess who Monsgot was, but I was waaayyy off.

Hilamar (Anonymous)Fri 13-Sep-13 04:53 PM
Charter member
#116994, "RE: Bharhum has returned to the Great Nortwest."
In response to Reply #1

Well, Xupreth was close enough to a cloud giant, just with pointy ears, so we'll still consider it three in a row!

I'm glad to see you enjoyed the character, and from what I saw, you did a great job as Provost. I did get to watch you a good bit as I was also Neme for the Amaranthe role contest. Part of the reason Hilamar stepped down. From a player's perspective, there was really only one place that would get it.

You did good carrying on what we started in the Tribunal and I am glad that I went with my feelings on you being the better Provost. You lasted a long time, and I think the Tribunal is better for your presence! Least Baer won't be able to kill me for your failing the Spire again!

Good luck to you and sorry this is so late in coming, haven't had much time to check the boards!

Hilamar

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #116742 Previous topic | Next topic