Subject: "(DELETED) [None] Noona the Master of the Night" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #116510
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 19-Aug-13 01:57 PM
Member since 28th Sep 2024
17189 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#116510, "(DELETED) [None] Noona the Master of the Night"

Sun Aug 18 19:41:47 2013

At 6 o'clock PM, Day of the Sun, 27th of the Month of Winter
on the Theran calendar Noona perished, never to return.

Race:arial
Class:thief
Level:37
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:None, None
Hours:72

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Cleaning out my inventory of unholies and sleek rods th..., Rogoza (Anonymous), 20-Aug-13 01:08 AM, #7
Reply RE: Cleaning out my inventory of unholies and sleek rod..., enyuu, 21-Aug-13 11:27 PM, #8
Reply RE: Cleaning out my inventory of unholies and sleek rod..., Eskelian, 22-Aug-13 12:24 AM, #9
Reply RE: Cleaning out my inventory of unholies and sleek rod..., KaguMaru, 22-Aug-13 12:47 AM, #10
     Reply Classic lack of perspective., Eskelian, 22-Aug-13 02:52 AM, #11
          Reply I never multikill outside of raid situations, I rarely ..., KaguMaru, 22-Aug-13 03:23 AM, #12
          Reply Weak rationalisation ., incognito, 22-Aug-13 04:07 AM, #13
               Reply You're probably right., Eskelian, 22-Aug-13 01:18 PM, #14
                    Reply I expect my wands to go, incognito, 23-Aug-13 03:36 AM, #15
Reply Closest thing to a friend., Nighden (Anonymous), 23-Aug-13 08:04 AM, #16
     Reply Not to hijack the wrong thread too much but.., Rogoza (Anonymous), 23-Aug-13 09:27 AM, #17
Reply Hey! its me!, enyuu, 19-Aug-13 02:08 PM, #1
     Reply don't sell yourself short, Ruknubuk (Anonymous), 19-Aug-13 02:23 PM, #2
     Reply thanks!~, enyuu, 19-Aug-13 10:30 PM, #6
     Reply Everyone likes to have a Noona now and then. =), Frequentplayer, 19-Aug-13 02:57 PM, #3
     Reply RE: Hey! its me!, Finley (Anonymous), 19-Aug-13 03:58 PM, #4
          Reply lol, if you can't beat em, join em!~, enyuu, 19-Aug-13 10:27 PM, #5

Rogoza (Anonymous)Tue 20-Aug-13 01:07 AM
Charter member
#116529, "Cleaning out my inventory of unholies and sleek rods th..."
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Tue 20-Aug-13 01:08 AM

Big reason for my own delete so I take a certain pleasure in seeing this.

Seriously though, pure griefing, you took only what you couldn't use and it's not like you even got edge points from it.

enyuuWed 21-Aug-13 11:27 PM
Member since 15th Apr 2005
155 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#116565, "RE: Cleaning out my inventory of unholies and sleek rod..."
In response to Reply #7

Hey man, sorry to hear I was part of the reason you deleted. I was always grabbing stuff from people with Noona and selling them at shops if I didn't need them. I had a tough time fighting anybody, even in the best of circumstances, so I tried to set them back a bit for the next time I fought them by stealing stuff like wands, potions, and weapons. I probably didn't realize the weapons were unholies, I've never played an antipaladin.

I was always doing my best to mix things up with people, so I definitely didn't make this character to cause anyone any grief. I'm a bit of a noob, and played the class as best as I could.

again, sorry bro!

EskelianThu 22-Aug-13 12:24 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
2023 posts
#116566, "RE: Cleaning out my inventory of unholies and sleek rod..."
In response to Reply #7

Little bit of advice - if that sort of thing really makes you irritated I would suggest not playing an anti-paladin. People will do that to an anti-paladin. If I killed an AP at 36 who had barrier wands I'm taking them and giving them to an NPC that's virtually un-killable and you can't regather them until the game crashes. Alternatively I might give them to a mage who hasn't found their wands yet in my cabal if I'm in a cabal.

Sorry if that comes across like a jerk thing to do but you're an anti-paladin, what do you expect?

KaguMaruThu 22-Aug-13 12:47 AM
Member since 15th Sep 2012
805 posts
#116567, "RE: Cleaning out my inventory of unholies and sleek rod..."
In response to Reply #9

Not so much what I expect but what I hope for -

Other players realising that we are both just two people playing a game together, I am not actually an irredeemable psychopath and they are not actually a crusader against imperial oppression. My character deserves to die but as a player I don't deserve to have my character weakened in every way possible.

I have actually realised that this is too much to ask.

EskelianThu 22-Aug-13 02:44 AM
2023 posts
#116569, "Classic lack of perspective."
In response to Reply #10
Edited on Thu 22-Aug-13 02:52 AM

AP at level 36 is going to spend their time farming gear and souls.

If I die to said AP, I'm going to lose whatever I have that's better than what they wear.

If I kill said AP, I probably can't use anything they have unless I'm also evil.

So yeah I'm going to destroy your barrier rods so that you're less tempted to come after me. The guys you kill as an AP are players too, I'm sure they're not happy to get farmed to make your unholy weapon. If you want courteous enemies pick class that doesn't make its living by multi-killing people.

Air/Offense Scions and any thief who uses contact poison on items from a corpse should/will get the same treatment.

Now all that being said, if you strike me as a newbie or not very good, I'll probably go easy on you.

And it could be worse by the way, years ago you'd eat a full loot 4/5 times you died to anyone in a cabal because they'd give your gear away to their cabal mates. Losing your barrier rods certainly isn't 'making you as weak as possible'. I wonder how half of the people these days would react if an old school necro ran around doing order all get all corpse.

KaguMaruThu 22-Aug-13 03:04 AM
Member since 15th Sep 2012
805 posts
#116570, "I never multikill outside of raid situations, I rarely ..."
In response to Reply #11
Edited on Thu 22-Aug-13 03:23 AM

The exception being if you've cleaned me out of weapons before I'm going to do the same back to you. That's gotten me full loot threats, despite the fact that if anything destroying my unholies is causing me more grief than destroying your regular weapons is causing you.

Killing people is perfectly legit, the fact I'm playing an evil character by itself doesn't mean I'm killing more than I'm being killed, in fact this has never been the case for any of my characters. Furthermore I generally only target people who are already targetting me; battleragers, goodies etc, gnomes generally get a free pass, this was the first character where that wasn't the case after I killed two neutrals who had asked me two group and then found another third and wouldn't respond to my tells. A-P's aren't at all like air/offense shifters or thieves using contact poison on items from corpses. I'm going to kill you if I can, exactly the same as a an evil warrior or invoker would, or the same as a paladin or goodie healer would if you're evil, nothing beyond that comes with the class.

I also don't have a problem with people looting me because I have better gear. Cleaning me out of weapons though is most closely analogous to cleaning out a goodie of anti-evil gear and giving it all to Xoltrindar.

Also this situation wasn't a matter of losing barrier rods after dying, if I'd had barrier at 36 I'd fully expect that to be missing from a corpse. Noona struck the vanquisher, I had no obligation to show up, it was a matter of 'okay he wants to play, sure I'll play' and that ended up in getting my inventory cleaned of stuff he had no use for followed by an immediate logout. I accept that he was just playing his class and I'd leave it there, this further explanation is for your sake.

incognitoThu 22-Aug-13 04:07 AM
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#116571, "Weak rationalisation ."
In response to Reply #11

First, you say they'll take your stuff if it is better than theirs, then you say they'll have nothing you can use unless you are evil.

Giving sleeks to unkillable random mobs is counter to how the sleek system was intended to work and a douchey thing to do. That said, I'm surprised it works.

EskelianThu 22-Aug-13 01:18 PM
2023 posts
#116587, "You're probably right."
In response to Reply #13

Honestly, when I die, I expect my wands, my coins and anything good from my corpse to get taken. I'm pleasantly surprised when people drop the things they're no longer using. The playerbase is generally pretty good about killing people these days.

Still, I guess I come from an era where if *I* die, I *expect* my barrier wands to get taken. It doesn't even cross my mind to leave an AP with a full stack of ABS so they can come back and get revenge 10 minutes after they unghost.

incognitoFri 23-Aug-13 03:36 AM
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#116591, "I expect my wands to go"
In response to Reply #14

But not an attempt to make me unable to replace sleeks.

Similarly I do expect my unholy to go.

Nighden (Anonymous)Fri 23-Aug-13 08:04 AM
Charter member
#116592, "Closest thing to a friend."
In response to Reply #7

I had

Rogoza (Anonymous)Fri 23-Aug-13 09:27 AM
Charter member
#116593, "Not to hijack the wrong thread too much but.."
In response to Reply #16

Rogoza saw Nighden as like a (not much) younger brother. But I was at 12 con with 1 charge toward controls and logged onto a gank after a bad day. Sorry for bailing on the character but it was time to start over.

enyuuMon 19-Aug-13 02:08 PM
155 posts
#116518, "Hey! its me!"
In response to Reply #0

On my phone on lunch break so this will be short. Was going to join fort but evil kept rocking me too damn hard. I started to feel like more of a nuisance than anything near the end. Thanks to all i interacted with and fought. Finley my trib brotha, you rock. Never had a chance with you. Ruk the orc, you always bit my face off. Respect man.

Ruknubuk (Anonymous)Mon 19-Aug-13 02:23 PM
Charter member
#116519, "don't sell yourself short"
In response to Reply #1

You were one of my most troublesome opponents. You had no fear of dieing and as a result you were able to clean me out a bunch (at the expense of dieing a lot on your fails). And while that may not have changed the outcome of me vs you it had a big influence on a lot of the other brawls I was having at the time.

Good luck with your next.

enyuuMon 19-Aug-13 10:30 PM
155 posts
#116528, "thanks!~"
In response to Reply #2

~

FrequentplayerMon 19-Aug-13 02:57 PM
Member since 31st Jul 2013
228 posts
#116520, "Everyone likes to have a Noona now and then. =)"
In response to Reply #1

avaeraqver

Finley (Anonymous)Mon 19-Aug-13 03:58 PM
Charter member
#116521, "RE: Hey! its me!"
In response to Reply #1

Hey, thanks man I hope you learned alot from your experience as a binder. Binders can be deadly but they are not straightforward. You had guts though and that counts. Hey! Tribunal healer FTW

GLWYN

enyuuMon 19-Aug-13 10:27 PM
155 posts
#116527, "lol, if you can't beat em, join em!~"
In response to Reply #4

~

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #116510 Previous topic | Next topic