Subject: "(RAGE DELETE) [OUTLANDER] Craznar the Greater Wizard of..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #116183
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 01-Aug-13 05:48 AM
Member since 28th Sep 2024
17189 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#116183, "(RAGE DELETE) [OUTLANDER] Craznar the Greater Wizard of Transmutation"

Tue Jul 30 11:18:20 2013

At 1 o'clock PM, Day of Deception, 16th of the Month of the Frost Giant
on the Theran calendar Craznar perished, never to return.

Race:dark-elf
Class:transmuter
Level:49
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:166

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply I'm really sorry about that event, Gugubri (Anonymous), 02-Aug-13 09:45 PM, #12
Reply I didn't blame you at all, Treebeard, 03-Aug-13 12:23 PM, #14
Reply Well played, Finley (Anonymous), 01-Aug-13 11:08 AM, #6
Reply I liked Finley a lot, Treebeard, 01-Aug-13 11:32 AM, #8
Reply You looked like you were struggling., -flso, 31-Jul-13 05:08 PM, #1
     Reply Yeah, it was a combo of things, Treebeard, 31-Jul-13 09:16 PM, #4
          Reply It was great having you around, Leyras (Anonymous), 01-Aug-13 01:28 AM, #2
          Reply That night was the most fun I had with Craznar, Treebeard, 01-Aug-13 04:49 PM, #10
          Reply Did you use a staff?, incognito, 01-Aug-13 03:12 AM, #3
          Reply Exclusively used a staff - context inside, Treebeard, 01-Aug-13 11:27 AM, #7
               Reply Metabolic unity edges are pretty sweet for toning down ..., jalbrin, 01-Aug-13 05:46 PM, #11
          Reply I liked you, Nyst (Anonymous), 01-Aug-13 06:31 AM, #5
          Reply Totally agree about the solo hunter thing, Treebeard, 01-Aug-13 12:43 PM, #9
          Reply Loved fighting you on Halaial., Zephon, 03-Aug-13 11:04 AM, #13

Gugubri (Anonymous)Fri 02-Aug-13 09:44 PM
Charter member
#116235, "I'm really sorry about that event"
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Fri 02-Aug-13 09:45 PM

I didn't know that she was going to strike you and really didn't
betray you. I want to say more but what I want to say involves to many actives I just wanted to let you know I had no idea.

I did though really enjoyed the time we spent, Even though there
wasn't to much communication, I enjoyed traveling with you and we did
sync very well I thought. I could feel your struggle with the current situation of trying to get to hero and that's why I wanted to travel with you but to let you know, I have a sour taste in my mouth about that too, for what it's worth.

TreebeardSat 03-Aug-13 12:23 PM
Member since 12th Oct 2004
268 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#116237, "I didn't blame you at all"
In response to Reply #12

The "you betrayed me" was half a Craznar thing - I didn't say it to be hurtful, though as a player I was obviously frustrated.

Also for what its worth, I don't doubt that Cel didn't warn you. I don't hold you accountable at all for what happened, and I really appreciate the time you did spend with me. I like your RP and hope you go far.

Finley (Anonymous)Thu 01-Aug-13 11:08 AM
Charter member
#116211, "Well played"
In response to Reply #0

didn't interact with you much on a personal level but I did admire you from a distance. The only outlander for a long time ever willing to retrieve against odds and who would actually cause trouble in the cities without a second thought.

TreebeardThu 01-Aug-13 11:32 AM
268 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#116213, "I liked Finley a lot"
In response to Reply #6

Thought you RP'd an arrogant, selfish duergar in a way that didn't come across as nasty, and did add to other people's fun - that's a super tough balance to strike, so kudos to you sir.

-flsoWed 31-Jul-13 05:08 PM
Member since 02nd Oct 2007
296 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#116196, "You looked like you were struggling."
In response to Reply #0

You reminded me of my last transmuter than burned out pretty quickly,
too many enemies, couldn't rank, couldn't find wands. In my case, I should
have played a lot more defensively, but assuming that you had wands, not sure
what went wrong for you.

TreebeardThu 01-Aug-13 05:48 AM
268 posts
#116204, "Yeah, it was a combo of things"
In response to Reply #1

Having almost zero allies, and really zero that would spend time ranking with me was tough.

The role I wrote for myself really did not lend itself to reaching out to talk to people, but when people made that first step I really felt like I could get into it - but that's almost impossible in an empty cabal.

I have a lot to learn about muter pk, and about how to deal with being so frail. I did have wands, it just didn't help. I kept telling myself get to hero, your range will even out and even giants will stop saving against so many of your spells. But it wasn't to be - 4/5 mobdeaths at 49 after soloing from 47 just took the wind out of my sails.

Add to that Cel coming in and 1 rounding me when I was with his cabalmate - that was pretty ####ing brutal. I get that the balance may have been off, but as a nexun I would atleast warn my cabalmates that I was coming for their group. At which point they'd probably warn whoever it was. And then to loot after that? I thought it was pretty poor form, but I was ready to go at this point.

Zhenyn - your RP session with me was so incredibly in depth and amazing, it really let my role come through (which is a big kudos to you - good rp'ers bring the best out in others). You REALLY made me regret not going scion.

Nyst - the times we did interact were great. Craz thought you were dangerous, which meant a lot of avoiding you. I had hoped as a player that you'd help me rank, but IC craznar never cared when you couldn't.

Avarin/Alvarsomething nexun svirf sword, thank you so much - i never would've gotten that far without you.

Well thats it. Pretty unmemorable char. Playing a paranoid, suspicious, cruel char with duo and chamo do NOT lead to much interaction. Parts of it were fun anyway.

Treebeard

Leyras (Anonymous)Thu 01-Aug-13 01:28 AM
Charter member
#116207, "It was great having you around"
In response to Reply #4

We had a great run two weekends ago defending the Refuge against all comers; after all that effort, I'm just as glad we didn't shed blood ourselves. Warden/Reaver at the Refuge is always crackling with tension, but it was awesome to have someone/anyone else around during that time slot. I thought you did an awesome and fun job of turning that tension into RP while still making sure we had a chance to win.

After that, I had a soft spot for you.

TreebeardThu 01-Aug-13 04:49 PM
268 posts
#116222, "That night was the most fun I had with Craznar"
In response to Reply #2

So thanks for that. The tension RP is so, so much fun when you still have a common goal.

I liked your char, and hopefully our paths cross again.

incognitoThu 01-Aug-13 03:12 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#116208, "Did you use a staff?"
In response to Reply #4

If not, it makes a huge difference.

I'd say it is at least 5 times better than a sweet exotic.

Also, don't be slowed if out and about where you can't react to people coming.

TreebeardThu 01-Aug-13 11:27 AM
268 posts
#116212, "Exclusively used a staff - context inside"
In response to Reply #3

For me, the problem was that I'd use accelerate because with grace under pressure and a staff, and quickening, you defend amazingly.

But whether its due to the amount of times you parry, or the amount of foes (I suspect the former), fighting tribs + guards drains your MV while accelerated FAST. And I kept underestimating how quickly it would happen.

Oh well, I learned a lot about muters. I feel like next one will be better.

jalbrinThu 01-Aug-13 05:46 PM
Member since 20th Apr 2009
211 posts
#116223, "Metabolic unity edges are pretty sweet for toning down ..."
In response to Reply #7

Maybe try them out next time. They're not big flashy edges like the duo or neuro ones, but they're nice at what they do.

Nyst (Anonymous)Thu 01-Aug-13 06:31 AM
Charter member
#116210, "I liked you"
In response to Reply #4

Also tried to help you out, in my way.. Don't remember being asked directly
for help with ranking but I'd have done it if you caught me not getting ready to log out.

Although the cabal lost a lot of its members, after a long
period of being full, things are looking up again but either way if you weren't
having fun, it's time to let it go. I find that having a solo hunter approach helps
with low playerbase numbers and empty cabals but you need patience as
transmuter (and that goes for Scion too) until you hit hero.

Good luck with your next.

TreebeardThu 01-Aug-13 12:43 PM
268 posts
#116214, "Totally agree about the solo hunter thing"
In response to Reply #5

I just got into this mental lock where I had to be hero to get this certain edge to mitigate a problem I was having. After 5 mobdeaths and thing, I just couldn't solo hunter anymore.

I had convinced myself I wouldn't be effective until hero, and that was admittedly really self-defeating. But hey thems the breaks.

Thanks for being so cool. Big Nyst fan here.

ZephonSat 03-Aug-13 11:04 AM
Member since 21st Mar 2007
488 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#116236, "Loved fighting you on Halaial."
In response to Reply #4

It was great. So close! XD ^_^

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #116183 Previous topic | Next topic