Subject: "(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Mikhian the Delusional Worm, Self-P..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #116125
Show all folders

Death_AngelSat 27-Jul-13 09:11 AM
Member since 28th Sep 2024
17189 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#116125, "(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Mikhian the Delusional Worm, Self-Proclaimed Legend, Seeker of the Paragon"

Sat Jul 27 00:05:02 2013

At 9 o'clock PM, Day of Freedom, 18th of the Month of Futility
on the Theran calendar Mikhian perished, never to return.

Race:wood-elf
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:322

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Mikhian the Delusional Worm, Se..., Illanthos, 31-Jul-13 12:53 AM, #32
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Mikhian the Delusional Worm, Se..., Bharhum (Anonymous), 30-Jul-13 01:49 PM, #30
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Mikhian the Delusional Worm, Se..., Kulin (Anonymous), 30-Jul-13 12:06 PM, #29
Reply Highs and Lows, Ysaloerye, 30-Jul-13 11:16 AM, #27
Reply RE: Highs and Lows, N b M, 30-Jul-13 11:23 AM, #28
     Reply Perma Ban him from Battle,for wasting Ysal's time., lasentia, 30-Jul-13 02:37 PM, #31
Reply Mik!! I guess I knew this was coming, Ruosti (Anonymous), 29-Jul-13 02:01 PM, #25
Reply Dammit Mikhi..., Heshim (Anonymous), 29-Jul-13 12:21 AM, #24
Reply I liked you., Kraldinor (Anonymous), 28-Jul-13 06:13 PM, #21
Reply Aweful lowbie, not sure after that we never got in rang..., Welverin, 28-Jul-13 02:53 PM, #19
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Mikhian the Delusional Worm, Se..., Jebaral (Anonymous), 28-Jul-13 03:51 AM, #13
Reply Misinformation to clueless players is sad. The rest I d..., Ragyth (Anonymous), 27-Jul-13 09:37 PM, #10
Reply Thanks, Keara (Anonymous), 27-Jul-13 07:16 PM, #7
Reply I dont care how well he fought..., Gaplemo, 27-Jul-13 06:42 PM, #5
Reply I can't help but agree, Zamos (Anonymous), 27-Jul-13 06:51 PM, #6
Reply There's no question, the player is a toxic element., vargal, 27-Jul-13 08:41 PM, #8
Reply RE: I dont care how well he fought..., sezdral, 27-Jul-13 09:08 PM, #9
     Reply RE: I dont care how well he fought..., incognito, 28-Jul-13 01:39 AM, #11
     Reply RE: I dont care how well he fought..., sezdral, 28-Jul-13 02:07 AM, #12
     Reply Take my word for it man..., Gaplemo, 28-Jul-13 10:15 AM, #15
          Reply ROFL OUCH! ;) But yeah, I agree., Amberion, 28-Jul-13 10:28 AM, #16
               Reply Please dont take that the wrong way Bjorn., Gaplemo, 28-Jul-13 12:12 PM, #17
                    Reply But CF isn't the hardest-core RP game out there, Valkenar, 28-Jul-13 02:01 PM, #18
                    Reply Doing the minimum is ok i guess....., Gaplemo, 28-Jul-13 03:01 PM, #20
                    Reply I know man, it's cool. :) Found it funny though that fi..., Amberion, 28-Jul-13 08:23 PM, #22
                         Reply Did it make you evil? Just just Neutral?, Gaplemo, 28-Jul-13 10:27 PM, #23
     Reply You're right to a degree., vargal, 28-Jul-13 07:56 AM, #14
     Reply Imms should crack down on this kind of thing. Hard. nt, Old Timer (Anonymous), 29-Jul-13 05:51 PM, #26
Reply Mixed feelings about you...., Voralia, 27-Jul-13 05:18 PM, #4
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Mikhian the Delusional Worm, Se..., Brizlin (Anonymous), 27-Jul-13 04:02 PM, #3
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Mikhian the Delusional Worm, Se..., Whiysdan, 27-Jul-13 12:44 PM, #2
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Mikhian the Delusional Worm, Se..., Wira (Anonymous), 27-Jul-13 11:39 AM, #1

IllanthosWed 31-Jul-13 12:53 AM
Member since 14th Oct 2011
274 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#116187, "RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Mikhian the Delusional Worm, Se..."
In response to Reply #0

I found Mikhian's douchebaggery to be detrimental to my CF experience.

Please be less of a prat with your next character.

Bharhum (Anonymous)Tue 30-Jul-13 01:49 PM
Charter member
#116167, "RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Mikhian the Delusional Worm, Se..."
In response to Reply #0

I am with many others in thinking you are really good at pk and you would be *great* if you could roleplay too. I have been a battlerager ally with you and your advice and aid was really good (if a little OOC for my tastes).

But you are the worst loser I have ever seen. The first time I killed you I confiscated your weapons (tribunal policy) and took a nice ring for myself. I never heard the last of it, the OOC talking at me about how you were going to full loot (and you did) me was just too much. There is a reason I told you to stop talking to me.

I don't think they give you deathblow so you can kill warriors you dont like just because. In the end I had to talk to Brizlin to tell you to stop attacking non-enemy warriors.

When I broke the law, I owned upto to it and worked hard to right the wrong I made. That is why I was given a title. Frankly I think you have no conscience. Though to be fair I think was a failure of battle and/or immortal leadership that you werent kicked out long ago.

If only you realised what potential you have and learn to die gracefully and to play a role, I think you could be a great.

Kulin (Anonymous)Tue 30-Jul-13 12:06 PM
Charter member
#116165, "RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Mikhian the Delusional Worm, Se..."
In response to Reply #0

I'm not a person to tell another that they are wrong but I don't personally believe in your play style as a rager, from an RP standpoint. Sure, it is way more effective at landing pks than mine and so are you personally but yeah, not much more I wanna say there.

I really disliked fighting you and felt a bit like crap knowing that 9 out of 10 fights with us, I'd loose and likely die. I am proud of the fact that 0 Tribunal Mages died when I was around to help defend against you, though.

Several people mention you helping other villagers, I did see some of this and applaud you for effort but a few of those things I thought were very blah. Like killing my guards to help another villager fight me when no mages were around. Or standing next to a fellow villager so I couldn't sing without hitting you both and a few others.

Anyway, I did learn a few tactics and a little new strategy when fighting you and trying to overcome the monumental PK gap between us, so Thanks for that. GLWYN, and like so many other folks, I'll suggest you try something a little less PK oriented.

YsaloeryeTue 30-Jul-13 10:58 AM
Member since 09th Apr 2006
315 posts
#116163, "Highs and Lows"
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Tue 30-Jul-13 11:16 AM

You definitely did some cool things with this build and there were flashes of what you could be, but alas there just so much other 'crap' that weighed this character down. Some of it of your making and others not.
I was disappointed you really didn't seem to click on the religion. You can't come at Biddyism the exact same way every-time and expect the same experience. For some reason you were locked into things that are really in another part of the faith, so between that and just not catching you on at opportune periods you kind of left things too far behind.

Those who saw good stuff from you will agree you have the potential to produce a stellar character. Those who only saw the worst parts will always dismiss you until you stop living down to their expectations.

N b MTue 30-Jul-13 11:23 AM
Member since 29th Sep 2005
444 posts
#116164, "RE: Highs and Lows"
In response to Reply #27

Don't waste your time, it is valuable.

I used to be heavily in the "Jerro can be a total badass" camp, if he would just not go OOC or be a powergamey ####bag (yes, he helps newbs somewhat, but that doesn't wipe out the crap).

But it seems that he gets his kicks from doing that OOC troll crap.

A post about it... http://www.qhcf.net/phorum/read.php?5,999574,999838#msg-999838

And his reply. " I do laugh quite a bit. n/t Jerrokrar"

Disappointing, all in all.

lasentiaTue 30-Jul-13 02:37 PM
Member since 27th Apr 2010
987 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#116170, "Perma Ban him from Battle,for wasting Ysal's time."
In response to Reply #28

And it might help him in the long run anyway to not be able to play Battle and have rules he has no intention of living up to consistently. (I'm still in the he can be decent camp though)

As an aside, it is good to see Ysaloerye is still kicking, the Biddy taught my newbie arse how to play CF for the most part years ago.

Ruosti (Anonymous)Mon 29-Jul-13 02:01 PM
Charter member
#116158, "Mik!! I guess I knew this was coming"
In response to Reply #0

As you told me how many deaths you had left the last I saw you. I'm going to miss cleaning house with you. I think we made a pretty deadly and potent combination. All in all you were a juggernaut. Your PK skills are impressive. We had a few bumps where we misread what the other was going to do but beyond that we worked remarkably well together. Rushing all those big groups together are some of my best memories.

I was very happy to see you make efforts to be a good battlerager. I know you are taking a lot of heat and, like Brizlin, I got my fair share of complaints. I happen to agree with Brizlin that outing yourself probably increased the amount of grief you got and amount of complaints we got about you which were more or less based on who the player is than who the character is. I can attest to witnessing many circumstances where you could have easily broke the rules but you didn't. I give you a thumbs up for that.

As for the complaints I got. A lot of them were people angry at you for you being abrasive with them. I mean I'm not going to punish you because you mouthed off to someone. In those cases I think it's best left up to the imms to decide if someone is verbally crossing the line. In any other instances, if you did break Village rules, it was when no one was around to witness it and it becomes one persons word against another. Again, nothing much you can do there. I'll reiterate that I only witnessed good behavior from you. I applaud that.

I will say at the end you did seem a bit more frustrated and angry. I'm sure it was for a multitude of reasons compiling on each other. I know it sucks balls losing nice gear. I hate it when it happens to me, too. This probably ties back into the outing yourself as well because you were probably more prone to getting looted when you died than someone else, so it was kind of a snowballing situation. I just know that in the early years of Mikhian I saw you lose some nice suits, say #### it, get yourself some rage steel and practice swords and go out killing til you got it back. I thought that was impressive.

Being Battlerager can suck sometimes because if you get slighted by someone who isn't a natural enemy of the Village you are running a huge risk in retaliating. Especially if that person is no longer a threat to you. It isn't always fair but it's the way it is.

Anyways, I was a huge fan. Ruosti and Mik were close friends since they were applicants. Well done and I can't wait to see the PBF and will pick it up if no one hasn't already. I'm sure I'll see you back in the Village and can't wait to see what build you do next. I'm sure it will be a powerhouse, although, I'd kind of like to see what you could do with a build most people would turn their nose up at. Sort of a challenge build. On top of that, all I can say is if you return to the village please continue to try and walk the line as far as the Village rules go.

Heshim (Anonymous)Mon 29-Jul-13 12:21 AM
Charter member
#116157, "Dammit Mikhi..."
In response to Reply #0

Thanks for all the advice. I know you got frustrated watching me do stuff that got me killed. Come back soon, we need more battle presence!

Kraldinor (Anonymous)Sun 28-Jul-13 06:13 PM
Charter member
#116147, "I liked you."
In response to Reply #0

You had more to do than any other villager w putting the truce or whatever it was together doing a good job of pointing out mutual benefit (although Nexus, or at least one Nexan, gets most of the credit). I enjoyed our interactions and shop talk.

I will say thoug, alimbaba was one of two or three chars I typed get all corpse after killing though (I think it netted me 4 items)

WelverinSun 28-Jul-13 02:53 PM
Member since 23rd Oct 2009
624 posts
#116145, "Aweful lowbie, not sure after that we never got in rang..."
In response to Reply #0

Ate your face off with my conjie when you were applicant. At least once, if not more. You then told me that you wouldn't fight me until you had a hut.... WHich was kind of meh.... Then proceeded to try and smack my servitors when I was fighting other people, multiple times. I called you on it, and I think after that you just avoided me. All in all, typical of what I expect from one of your characters.... Find a new power build, exploit it with no RP and lots of OOC, then whine when people call you out on it....

Jebaral (Anonymous)Sun 28-Jul-13 03:51 AM
Charter member
#116139, "RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Mikhian the Delusional Worm, Se..."
In response to Reply #0

I liked how you begged for truce with Empire your entire life. Good choice. You'd con die way before otherwise. Btw con dying in 322 as current wood-elf is hardly impressive anyway. Also not sure what you ment about Jeb's cowardice. Guess you ment that I shouldn't be taking head or should have allow you free go at retaking it?
On possitive side I'm glad we had truce for that long. At least this time I didn't have to listen to your whining and OOC #### 24/7.
Awesome title by the way. I think it should be default to all your characters GLWYN or better find something in real life.

Ragyth (Anonymous)Sat 27-Jul-13 09:37 PM
Charter member
#116136, "Misinformation to clueless players is sad. The rest I d..."
In response to Reply #0

Misinformation to clueless players is sad.
Particularly, legacies. I'm not sure if you were doing this on purpose or if you genuinely manage to play a warrior well without knowing how game mechanics work. Either way, I'd say refrain from doing this in the future.

Example, the info you told me about legacies is incorrect, which can ruin a character.
http://forums.carrionfields.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=5&topic_id=4160&mesg_id=4160&page=

As for the rest of the problems of your character -- while they were of your own doing, I think the rest of Battle failed you a bit.
The blame of your character's problems should be shared with Delfan who recommended you despite knowing your attitude, and Arratok who inducted you even though he knew what you were like. Had you had a longer induction, maybe 90 or 100 hours, you would gained some more humility, patience, and RP strength.

Simillarly, Battle imms and command staff should have reigned you in and had you set a higher standard for yourself in terms of things like going OOCish.

The rest of Battle should have stood up to you like I did when you tried to order people around and dismiss them for ridiculous reasons , even if it meant going into the Circle. They should have reigned you in when you spouted about eq and loots, or about you could suspend parity whenever you liked but no one else could, instead of just letting you traipse along.

I'd say your character grew a lot over time. Your vanity-driven, me- first play went from about 100% to 30%. Massive kudos for genuinely trying to help out villagers, even though I think you need to consider how to do it well as much as you say you've considered tactics.

I think a lot of people, including me, want to give you as many chances as possible because of your potential. While your character was great fighter but a nearly borderline Rager, if you could control the flaws and leave the virtues you'd be really great.

Keara (Anonymous)Sat 27-Jul-13 07:16 PM
Charter member
#116133, "Thanks"
In response to Reply #0

Our only interactions were those you probably recall; a quick tell from me about some mage that was going to whip my ass, or was already whipping my ass, and a great rager response from you every time (this is not a joke either, really good responses each time about staying clear for parity or some such).

Didn't see anything otherwise, good or bad.

So, good luck with your next.

PS, from one player to another, and I don't doubt you've read this before, maybe try to play a character that is humble, but for the sake of being humble and no other reason, and don't tell ONE person you're humble. Regardless of truth, and I've never seen you do anything bad beyond say some borderline ooc "powergamer" comment with other chars while having a conversation that could have been handled far more ICly, don't do a character that is outside the box. Do one that is outside your comfort zone completely.

GaplemoSat 27-Jul-13 06:42 PM
Member since 06th May 2010
619 posts
#116131, "I dont care how well he fought..."
In response to Reply #0

I am putting this under the terrible character category, right with a heap of other Jerrokrar characters.

I have logs people sent me (I dont currently play) of him saying 3-4 FULL sentences ooc. Full conversations even. More ooc than anything I have ever seen in my almost 20 years of CF. This reminded me back of the days when you would ask Algebra questions on the master cabal channel, its just gay as hell in a roleplay enviornment. Like flat out ooc talk, like you were talking on aim.

Maybe if he roleplayed it would have been the best character ever. But from the logs I've seen (and have no problem producing when said character is gone) He was about the worst roleplayed character in CF's history, he just flat didn't even care enough to pretend to roleplay. I won't say anything good about someone that goes out of character more than 3/4 the time, I think its toxic for a roleplay mud and I know an imm had to see it at least once, It's Jerrokrar were talking about. It should have been addressed and the muds atmosphere is going to be foul as long as people are doing it.

And this wasn't just ####ty roleplay. This was blatant OOC #### that had I personally seen it, I would have been praying about.

Thats my 2 cents, and I dont really care what people think about it and definitely wont until I maybe decide to play a character over level 8 again.

Zamos (Anonymous)Sat 27-Jul-13 06:51 PM
Charter member
#116132, "I can't help but agree"
In response to Reply #5

There were a few times when I was ranking up that I actually had some good interactions with him. After I reached hero range it was about 80/20 ugly/good. On a positive a few times I would be raiding Empire with a mage ally and he would come along attack the mage and proceed to flee when the mage did instead of typical Jerro-rager who would continue to fight me.

Now for the negative, I had a number on interactions where he would just go complete OOC. No attempt to RP at all. It really blew my mind after a time that he was outright punished for it. For instance one time I was defending the fort vs a big ole gang of Empire and the orc chief. I let Mikhian know that empire voker was around and he told me let him know when they struck. Things went sour quickly so I never called him in. Mikhian decided of his own free will to come to the Fort and ended up walking into a pretty nasty situation(quicksand and a gang at fort gates) while he did manage to survive he took it out on me in OOC terms. Blaming me for calling him to come when I did no such thing. The terms he used moron, retard, ####ing idiot, etc. Another time I had happened to be walking through galadon and Mikhian was spekaing with Ruosti I believe about poncho's. I kid you not, he used the say command to tell Ruosti that the less of #### that you pk'd the better the poncho would end up being.

Jerro, like most people have said you play a solid warrior, as a rager you were much better than your last few shots. You really need to work on your RP. I'm not asking for amazing RP, just not going OOC or letting the players anger and personality bleed through would be a MASSIVE improvement. As evidenced by numerous logs and folks deletion threads you can't separate the line between the character your are playing and you Jerro the actual player.

vargalSat 27-Jul-13 08:41 PM
Member since 07th Apr 2004
384 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#116134, "There's no question, the player is a toxic element."
In response to Reply #5

I deleted a character because I didn't want to have anything to do with Mikhian or anyone else he interacted with regularly. His attitude was not only OOC, but constantly pushing other players OOC in frustration with dealing with him. In no way was he fun to be around. His constant meta/power gaming talk made me feel like I was in a League of Legends game, getting bitched at because I was playing "wrong".

sezdralSat 27-Jul-13 09:08 PM
Member since 02nd Oct 2010
88 posts
#116135, "RE: I dont care how well he fought..."
In response to Reply #5

I'm sure there are a lot of people who deleted/stopped playing because they found it a chore to interact with chars like this. I'm not sure what we else we can do to solve the problem. Any suggestions?

incognitoSun 28-Jul-13 01:39 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#116137, "RE: I dont care how well he fought..."
In response to Reply #9

I suspect that there are people whose own behaviour and rp is questionable right from the start because of they and their friends preconceptions of the player.

I'm a bit surprised he's getting criticised for talking about mechanics in near ooc fashion because that's not a new feature of the village. One of the reasons i don't play villagers often. It is fairly widespread and has been for a while.

sezdralSun 28-Jul-13 02:07 AM
Member since 02nd Oct 2010
88 posts
#116138, "RE: I dont care how well he fought..."
In response to Reply #11

That may be true, but preconceptions don't apply unless 1) people somehow can tell who you are playing or 2) you tell people who you are playing. I think many people would agree that in this case its 1) at work and I would say its not working in a good way.

GaplemoSun 28-Jul-13 10:13 AM
619 posts
#116141, "Take my word for it man..."
In response to Reply #12
Edited on Sun 28-Jul-13 10:15 AM

What I saw was over the line ooc bad. Like an example (but not a quote)

Why are you making a poncho of that conjurer? All you get is some saves and HP, you should have made a poncho of the transmuter because it gives you more stats and 10 more damageroll.

Now thats not a quote, but thats exactly how 80% of any log I seen sent to me with him in it. That sort of RP. Its inexcusable.

If you lose a fight and tell someone to go #### themselves, that's a moment of weakness. If you die and lose armor and bitch about it, its toxic, but almost expected at least a little.

If you say #### like hey, want me to get you a glimmering longsword? Its 2 points of average higher and adds a strength and 3 more damage, awesome for a warrior......then you should be banned on the spot, or warned seriously and punished the next time.

Hearing people talk like that in a RP intense game makes people like me not even want to bother rolling up a character.

I love you D, you love to give people the benefit of the doubt. And most of the time, people deserve that little slack. This character was the worst in a line of terribly, terribly roleplayed ragers by Jerro that I have ever seen in my entire CF carreer. FANTASTIC killer and fighter, balls of ####ing iron, worst roleplayed character in CF history. This guy made the character Amberion look like Zorszaul.

edited to add that this was meant to go under Incognitos post.

AmberionSun 28-Jul-13 10:28 AM
Member since 06th Jun 2007
945 posts
#116142, "ROFL OUCH! ;) But yeah, I agree."
In response to Reply #15

Back in 2000 with Amberion, me and my RL buddy (Elvam I think) used to talk Swedish about time for classes and stuff in says/tells etc. But then, again that was my first char EVER on CF after only playing "ooc" MUDs.

But yeah, this sounds like Jerro.

Always shoot first and then call whatever you hit the target.

GaplemoSun 28-Jul-13 12:12 PM
619 posts
#116143, "Please dont take that the wrong way Bjorn."
In response to Reply #16

As of today, you are probably the most improved and skilled players from where you started from (ESL being one of those barriers, just being new as piss was another!)

I couldnt think of another example of a character that just disregarded roleplay completely. I had to go back over 10 years to find one, thats how bad I felt this particular roleplay on this Jerro rager was. Other than his roleplay, from what I heard, the character was tough and solid. But you can't play a roleplay game and not roleplay, theres 50 other people online who's fun you have to consider, and Jerro doesn't do that.

If you remember, I was around during amberion. People complained about him so much that I took it upon myself to talk you into using the black box and getting yourself turned evil so people wouldn't have to deal with it anymore

Back in like 2003 or whatever it was amusing as hell to me and the playerbase, in todays CF without 120 people online I would never do that to someone lol.

Wasn't saying you suck man. In fact, PK wise, I am willing to bet any combo of yours could beat any combo I was rolling with 10/10 times any time of the day or week.

By the way, if anyone actually wants to see me talk a paladin into using the black box, its on the archived logs board I think. If it makes anyone feel any better my gnome was turned evil for it, lol.

ValkenarSun 28-Jul-13 02:01 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1203 posts
#116144, "But CF isn't the hardest-core RP game out there"
In response to Reply #17

And so he thinks it's okay to disregard RP any time he sees fit

GaplemoSun 28-Jul-13 03:01 PM
619 posts
#116146, "Doing the minimum is ok i guess....."
In response to Reply #18

Of course, we as players have every right to punish, ridicule, and take it out on every single incarnation of his until he stops the #### and makes an attempt to make the game atmosphere a better place.

And we will, and we all know it, weather or not we will admit it publicly.

AmberionSun 28-Jul-13 08:23 PM
Member since 06th Jun 2007
945 posts
#116152, "I know man, it's cool. :) Found it funny though that fi..."
In response to Reply #17

hehehe

Always shoot first and then call whatever you hit the target.

GaplemoSun 28-Jul-13 10:27 PM
619 posts
#116156, "Did it make you evil? Just just Neutral?"
In response to Reply #22

I think this is ok knowledge to leak, the box doesnt change alignments anymore.

vargalSun 28-Jul-13 07:56 AM
Member since 07th Apr 2004
384 posts
#116140, "You're right to a degree."
In response to Reply #11

However, I've been playing Battle since my first character and nothing even comes close to how bad this guy was... and I was in the Village with the likes of Graatch and Kackrik.

Old Timer (Anonymous)Mon 29-Jul-13 05:51 PM
Charter member
#116159, "Imms should crack down on this kind of thing. Hard. nt"
In response to Reply #9

nt

VoraliaSat 27-Jul-13 05:18 PM
Member since 03rd Jun 2013
41 posts
#116130, "Mixed feelings about you...."
In response to Reply #0

...You always acted cool with me and from time to time some really good RP.

Then other times it felt like chatting with someone in a chat room.
I think you noticed how I wasn't very talkative those times.

It was about 50/50, RP or "ooc-feeling".

Anyway, thanks for the gear you threw me early on, and for sending RP my way regarding Etion.

Anyway, a bit more focus on the RP bit and I think you'd be much more appriciated, as it was, it was quite obvious who you were. Ooh, and thanks for being a sport after killing me there.

Anyway, good luck with your next.

Brizlin (Anonymous)Sat 27-Jul-13 04:02 PM
Charter member
#116129, "RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Mikhian the Delusional Worm, Se..."
In response to Reply #0

Mikhian was an amazing warrior and an okay rager. You did some GREAT things on this character. Helping out newer players, and ranking up the lowbies. Stuff that is just great for the game and the Village. And tactically very smart. And I read what you wrote and agree there are areas that I can improve. Be more than happy to listen to your thoughts if you want to post them after I die. Would appreciate the input. Gonna go on with what will hopefully be a little constructive feedback here so please don't take these as slights.

I agree with you about being too gungho. Sometimes I am overly so. But what I was trying to impress upon you is that sometimes, its what a berserker needs to do. Sometimes you run in to die to save another Villager. Im sure you ran in lots of times to save folks, but people will really respect you for not caring about your life or equipment if you die so they can get out. That time we were in Hamsah/Balator being a fine example. Theres a spirit to a berserker that I think your missing.

You are excellent at PK, but I think you should really focus on RP with your next character. Thats not to say your RP wasn't good. I thought it was fine. And I'm sure you have good skills. Its simply that once your character was outted, then I think things took a decided turn for you. One, it leads to a "they already know who I am so screw it" mentality at times when you get fustrated, and two it actually affected the rest of us, myself fairly signifigantly. I had a number of tells and missives from people about you, most of them baseless, and I would assume alot from people who just don't like you on the forums. But now that these people know its you, some of them are just going to be vindictive and try to push your buttons to create a situation. And now I'm dealing with the situation, seeing if its true, and maybe having to ruin your character by booting you. Now everyones experience is lessened because of an "outting."

I don't care about EQ enough. Another fault of mine. You care about it too much. I was very appreciative of you helping myself and others gather gear. Personally, I knew alot of the spots we went, but you show'd me a couple new ones so thank you. But saying 2 stones or 4 stones is too much. Rating fighters on a 10 scale is too much. Much better to say try this on, I think you may hit harder with it. Or it should make you stronger. Make the other person do the math, least they can do for you showing them and just better for RP. And it will take away from the Powergamey feel that sometimes comes from your characters. Also, it was your care of equipment that was going to get you kicked for the Village when you raided Trib. It was nearly the last straw so to speak.

If you play your next humbly and have RP anonimity, and can learn and maintain that through your next characters, I think you are going to end up being one of the best all around players in the game.

Just my thoughts, take them as you will. It may be that these simply aren't areas that your interested in, and thats fine. But I think anonimity is really going to make the game more enjoyable for you, and for those that get to interact with you.

Good luck with your next character.

WhiysdanSat 27-Jul-13 12:44 PM
Member since 04th Aug 2011
243 posts
#116128, "RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Mikhian the Delusional Worm, Se..."
In response to Reply #0

There were ups and downs that I experienced with this character. I'll just say that I really enjoyed watching and being apart of the ups. There were some really fun and entertaining interactions mixed in there (that were exciting to watch get extended to many characters beyond just Whiysdan and Mikhian).

=w=

Wira (Anonymous)Sat 27-Jul-13 11:39 AM
Charter member
#116127, "RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Mikhian the Delusional Worm, Se..."
In response to Reply #0

You were a force for battle. Thank you for helping me out when I was lower level and hooking me up with some pretty sweet gear. Double appreciate that one time, with that thing, on the eastern road, where I was getting mauled by the zoo. Saved my bacon.

GLWYN - Hope you come back to Battle.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #116125 Previous topic | Next topic