Subject: "(DELETED) [NEXUS] Avarin Kelinak the Champion of Ancien..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #115821
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 17-Jul-13 12:04 PM
Member since 28th Sep 2024
17189 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#115821, "(DELETED) [NEXUS] Avarin Kelinak the Champion of Ancient Ways, Small But Feisty Rabble Rouser of the Isle"

Tue Jul 16 13:59:23 2013

At 5 o'clock PM, Day of the Sun, 27th of the Month of the Spring
on the Theran calendar Avarin perished, never to return.

Race:svirfnebli
Class:warrior
Level:50
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:NEXUS, Nexus, Seekers of Balance
Hours:76

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Dawww...another one bites the dust!, Heshim (Anonymous), 17-Jul-13 08:18 PM, #10
Reply Oh boo, Mylene (Anonymous), 17-Jul-13 02:49 PM, #9
Reply RE: (DELETED) [NEXUS] Avarin Kelinak the Champion of An..., Whiysdan, 17-Jul-13 10:48 AM, #2
Reply Why did this happen?, Perpetual_Noob, 16-Jul-13 06:52 PM, #1
     Reply Long story short, Avarin (Anonymous), 17-Jul-13 12:02 AM, #3
          Reply You were like, the only one I had..., Craznar (Anonymous), 17-Jul-13 12:20 PM, #4
          Reply Damn, Hegrah (Anonymous), 17-Jul-13 12:30 PM, #5
          Reply So long half pint, The_ruk (Anonymous), 17-Jul-13 01:26 PM, #6
               Reply RE: So long half pint, Avarin (Anonymous), 17-Jul-13 02:03 PM, #7
                    Reply Wasn't me, The_ruk (Anonymous), 17-Jul-13 02:22 PM, #8
                    Reply Guilty - trip/trip/trip/berserk/doublethrust dead. n/t, Isstaree (Anonymous), 17-Jul-13 08:49 PM, #11

Heshim (Anonymous)Wed 17-Jul-13 08:18 PM
Charter member
#115849, "Dawww...another one bites the dust!"
In response to Reply #0

Really enjoyed the fights, sorry you weren't enjoying the rest. Come back soon darnit!!!

Mylene (Anonymous)Wed 17-Jul-13 02:49 PM
Charter member
#115847, "Oh boo"
In response to Reply #0

I'm very, very sad to see this. You were fun, and amazing, and we really only got to travel together a few times. I had a ton of fun the last time we were together and I wanted to thank you for that.

You knew your stuff and I am appreciative for being able to travel with you, just wish it was longer.

Hope to see you in the fields again.

--Mylene

WhiysdanWed 17-Jul-13 10:48 AM
Member since 04th Aug 2011
243 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#115839, "RE: (DELETED) [NEXUS] Avarin Kelinak the Champion of An..."
In response to Reply #0

I really enjoyed the balls-to-the-wall'ness of this character and watching him in action. thumbsup!

=w=

Perpetual_NoobTue 16-Jul-13 06:52 PM
Member since 28th Jul 2012
358 posts
#115823, "Why did this happen?"
In response to Reply #0

Seemed like a fun.

Avarin (Anonymous)Wed 17-Jul-13 12:04 PM
Charter member
#115831, "Long story short"
In response to Reply #1

Long story short, it quickly became apparent to me that I'd rather not interact with Mikhian or his player at all. Quiet mode only does so much when he can come spout #### via yell and say at cabals. His RP is non-existent and the character was seriously taking away my funstick. Ultimately, I'd rather enjoy my interactions with other characters, not hate them. I considered sticking it out hoping that he would get the boot or delete but that could be another 100+ hours.

Sorry to Kraldinor/Havanah who got the really terse and bitter end of me today.

Craznar (Anonymous)Wed 17-Jul-13 12:20 PM
Charter member
#115842, "You were like, the only one I had..."
In response to Reply #3

that didn't hate my Guts.

I was really looking forward to more interaction.

I understand what you're saying about the player in question (if my guess is accurate), and it has impacted my characters and fun in the past. Try being in the same cabal - that might actually be worse

Anyway, make something in outlander. You can chamo and noreply!

Thanks again for being there and tolerating Craznar.

Hegrah (Anonymous)Wed 17-Jul-13 12:30 PM
Charter member
#115843, "Damn"
In response to Reply #3

I really enjoyed our interactions and fights (though you kicked my ass every time). I was looking forward to mess with you as we grew into hero range. Sorry about that trap, and the subsequent retrieval of the items you took earlier, but this is cf.

I do think wood elf edges need to be looked at concerning how well they mesh with sword spec skills.

I also think nexus balance needs to be looked at to make it more reliant on how strong specific cabals are. Right now loners on one side of the balance or another seem to constantly be targeted

All in all, you had a fun character to be around that burned out too quick

The_ruk (Anonymous)Wed 17-Jul-13 01:26 PM
Charter member
#115844, "So long half pint"
In response to Reply #3

We had a lot of fun back and forth fights, I realize losing weapons was frustrating but you were good enough at not stacking commands that to fight you I needed to run you out of swords.

As for our deal, that was totally part of Ruks role play, even if you had done as he asked he would have kept upping the price until you stopped trying to act as an "equal" to him.

And if you think that guy is annoying in game be glad he doesn't spam PM you, Jesus is he nuts.

Avarin (Anonymous)Wed 17-Jul-13 02:03 PM
Charter member
#115845, "RE: So long half pint"
In response to Reply #6

Very true. You definitely got to me a bit. Super, super frustrating to lose 7-8 swords in a session at little to no risk to yourself.

Out of curiosity, one session I lost link just north of Hamsah. When I managed to log on a few hours later I was at the pit. I was looking at the characters and the only one I could think of who nailed me was you.

Did you manage to nail me like that? And if so, how did I do? I had JUST gotten cursed swords to deal with you when I lost link.

The_ruk (Anonymous)Wed 17-Jul-13 02:22 PM
Charter member
#115846, "Wasn't me"
In response to Reply #7

Only got you at cents and you were back at your corpse Lickety split

Isstaree (Anonymous)Wed 17-Jul-13 08:49 PM
Charter member
#115850, "Guilty - trip/trip/trip/berserk/doublethrust dead. n/t"
In response to Reply #7

n/t

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #115821 Previous topic | Next topic