Subject: "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Tiribew Volthen the Shining Schola..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #115810
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 16-Jul-13 12:46 PM
Member since 28th Sep 2024
17189 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#115810, "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Tiribew Volthen the Shining Scholar of Thaumaturgy, Acolyte of the Golden Sun"

Mon Jul 15 21:20:38 2013

At 9 o'clock PM, Day of the Bull, 15th of the Month of the Old Forces
on the Theran calendar Tiribew perished, never to return.

Race:half-elf
Class:invoker
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:304

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Hi,, Tsunami, 16-Jul-13 09:33 PM, #4
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Tiribew Volthen the Shining Sc..., Tiribew (Anonymous), 16-Jul-13 08:52 PM, #3
Reply There are a lot of plauge cures., Vonzamir, 16-Jul-13 09:57 PM, #5
Reply RE: There are a lot of plauge cures., highbutterfly, 17-Jul-13 01:07 AM, #6
     Reply RE: There are a lot of plauge cures., tiribew (Anonymous), 17-Jul-13 07:15 AM, #7
          Reply It can be annoying if you can't get rid of it., Vonzamir, 17-Jul-13 09:02 AM, #8
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Tiribew Volthen the Shining Sc..., Aeede (Anonymous), 17-Jul-13 10:55 AM, #9
Reply GLWYN, Toktok (Anonymous), 16-Jul-13 07:01 PM, #1
     Reply RE: GLWYN, Tiribew (Anonymous), 16-Jul-13 07:55 PM, #2

TsunamiTue 16-Jul-13 09:33 PM
Member since 25th Mar 2008
1509 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#115828, "Hi,"
In response to Reply #0

I enjoyed our interactions.

Tiribew (Anonymous)Tue 16-Jul-13 08:52 PM
Charter member
#115827, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Tiribew Volthen the Shining Sc..."
In response to Reply #0

There are a lot of people that really helped out me as a player starting out. This was my first caballed adventure and first hero. I had a lot of fun with Carrion Fields my first go round. I was hoping to flesh out the roleplay of this character more. But, I found that I was putting time elsewhere, just trying to learn the interworkings of the mud. With an invoker in fortress it was one of like one of four things I devoted time to. Spell mastery, protecting the fortress, helping other people and exploring. I had the grand idea of making an elf that had other purposes too, but with my time limitations it really never took off.

The downfalls...

Perhaps I'll have some easier ABS locations with a new mage, but that was a huge pain in the arse. It seems like a good rule of thumb is to get to 37, look for wands with the help of friends, and delete if that doesn't work. Seems like Barrier is a must against a lot of opponents. Thank you Morgan for pointing out a place for me to get unlimitted aura. I spent way too much time looking for these.

There was one point where I was plagued. Now this was like a 78 hour plague. No clue why it was so long, but I decided I would wait it out because there was no healer from the Voralia "event". So I recall 78 hours later and find that the negative moves I had racked up, doubled. I had to teleport since I would be meat for anyone walking through. When all was said and done, I bet I waited an hour and a half game time for one plague spell. Mind you, this wouldn't have been a problem if the healer had been there, but a cap on the amount of negative moves one can rack up should be set or set lower.

I don't know how many times I got chased and or killed by "good" villagers. I don't know what good characters role involves killing another good character unprovoked, but it was all garbage to me. It's definitely a pk mud first so I rolled with it.

The uplifts

There were so many characters that helped me out as a new player and some that I admired even as enemies.

Andira -- You helped me out a lot especially early on. Thanks a bunch for providing guidance.

Rydell -- Thanks for getting people going. There was always an adventure when you were around. You are very knowledgeable and shared that. Sorry I won't be there to kill Tiamat. I did get frustrated with the fact that we kept getting interrupted, but I can't get up at 3 AM very often. Wife would be pissed. The game would benefit from a scheduling tool in game so that you know when people will show up and commit.

Toktok Aster Khonso - Loved you guys thanks for being a friend and helping out in game.

Noviask Eidiol Zhenyen Vhateel Kraldinor -- thanks for the dialogue past the pk... it helps to know that not every char is a mindless killer.

There were countless others... many from the inn that I loved to be around. But, know that you have a great playerbase for the most part .

The rest

As I said, this was my first really. I put all my trains into con so that I could be around longer. I died a crap-ton. There are many rewards for playing an invoker and that extra 100 hp or so from trains would have made a difference in my live-ability. Thanks for making it a great learning experience though.

VonzamirTue 16-Jul-13 09:40 PM
Member since 07th Jun 2011
659 posts
#115829, "There are a lot of plauge cures."
In response to Reply #3
Edited on Tue 16-Jul-13 09:57 PM

In that case enough gold to refresh after would have helped as well.

highbutterflyWed 17-Jul-13 01:07 AM
Member since 24th Aug 2011
364 posts
#115832, "RE: There are a lot of plauge cures."
In response to Reply #5

Having been newb playing Fort during the mummy bum rush, I can say it's often unlikely you can afford to carry around the amount of gold to make refreshing possible after heal, and you can't walk to the bank to get it. It's useful to have a squire or scribe around who can help you out.

tiribew (Anonymous)Wed 17-Jul-13 07:15 AM
Charter member
#115835, "RE: There are a lot of plauge cures."
In response to Reply #6

The Voralia healer was gone. I otherwise would have cured the plague. I know there are potions pills etc that cure plague. I actually had two on me. Turns out you're always full when diseased to that level, so the "pills" wouldn't work after the first one failed. I also couldn't heal my moves because the healer wasn't there. I had help from a couple folks from the Fort, but none could refresh or cure plague. From a new player perspective, if you escape pk, you shouldn't have to sit around and wait that long for plague to pass and then for an absurd amount of negative moves to regen. I know this is just an opinion, but I honestly wanted to suicide to move on and start playing again. That's a lot of life to waste staring at a screen.

VonzamirWed 17-Jul-13 09:02 AM
Member since 07th Jun 2011
659 posts
#115838, "It can be annoying if you can't get rid of it."
In response to Reply #7

Plague is stackable for longer duration and stat loss, so you probably got plagued more than once for it to last that long.

Aeede (Anonymous)Wed 17-Jul-13 10:55 AM
Charter member
#115840, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Tiribew Volthen the Shining Sc..."
In response to Reply #3

You will be missed. I had alot of fun talking (RP) to you in the INN and on those hunts. Thank you saving my birdie ass few times with that lightning shield.

I will miss you. GLWYN

Toktok (Anonymous)Tue 16-Jul-13 07:01 PM
Charter member
#115824, "GLWYN"
In response to Reply #0

I can't tell you how much con you and I burned through together. I was always happy to have you coming along. Hope you learned something about the Invoker class. They are a lot of fun. Especially if you get abs/stoneskin/inv shields.

Toktok

Tiribew (Anonymous)Tue 16-Jul-13 07:55 PM
Charter member
#115825, "RE: GLWYN"
In response to Reply #1

I did learn a lot, thanks for having me around. There were lots of folks willing to help out newbies in the Fortress and you were no exception.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #115810 Previous topic | Next topic