Subject: "(DELETED) [SCION] Keilan the Master of Pyrotechniques" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #115413
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 17-Jun-13 03:00 PM
Member since 28th Sep 2024
17189 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#115413, "(DELETED) [SCION] Keilan the Master of Pyrotechniques"

Mon Jun 17 12:56:12 2013

At 3 o'clock AM, Day of Freedom, 18th of the Month of the Long Shadows
on the Theran calendar Keilan perished, never to return.

Race:half-drow
Class:invoker
Level:46
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:SCION, the Scions of Eternal Night
Hours:182

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Good fights, Good interactions, Ragyth (Anonymous), 17-Jun-13 09:40 PM, #13
Reply I went there a few times with my low hp..., Onewingedangel, 17-Jun-13 10:04 PM, #16
     Reply We also had this absurdly long retrieval that was fun., Ragyth (Anonymous), 17-Jun-13 10:42 PM, #17
Reply Had lots of fun, learned a lot, but a certain bug kille..., Onewingedangel, 17-Jun-13 04:03 PM, #1
     Reply Hi, , Tsunami, 17-Jun-13 04:11 PM, #2
     Reply RE: Had lots of fun, learned a lot, but a certain bug k..., Heshim (Anonymous), 17-Jun-13 05:21 PM, #3
     Reply RE: Had lots of fun, learned a lot, but a certain bug k..., Onewingedangel, 18-Jun-13 12:58 PM, #23
     Reply RE: Had lots of fun, learned a lot, but a certain bug k..., Borkahd, 17-Jun-13 05:43 PM, #4
     Reply It was probably the same Silent Tower stuff that got Ra..., Lhydia, 17-Jun-13 05:54 PM, #5
          Reply Ew, if it was it'd be nice if that little trinket had e..., Drag0nSt0rm, 17-Jun-13 06:15 PM, #6
               Reply n/t, N b M, 17-Jun-13 06:20 PM, #7
               Reply So you're saying, CD, 17-Jun-13 09:43 PM, #14
     Reply RE: Had lots of fun, learned a lot, but a certain bug k..., Daevryn, 17-Jun-13 06:37 PM, #8
     Reply Why is gear like this in the game? Dude just won a role..., Lhydia, 17-Jun-13 06:42 PM, #9
     Reply Why isn't more of this kind of gear in the game?, laxman, 18-Jun-13 02:25 PM, #24
     Reply When have the IMMs cared about being fair to players?, TMNS, 19-Jun-13 12:09 PM, #25
     Reply So this wasn't caused by the usage of a certain crystal..., Drag0nSt0rm, 17-Jun-13 07:06 PM, #10
     Reply If you mean a certain crystal Item that goes around you..., Onewingedangel, 17-Jun-13 08:34 PM, #11
          Reply This is what caused me to delte Rahedra. , CD, 17-Jun-13 09:45 PM, #15
     Reply If that's the case..., Onewingedangel, 17-Jun-13 08:45 PM, #12
     Reply Uuh ooh!, Voralia, 17-Jun-13 10:48 PM, #18
          Reply I should've told you how to use it, then. (n/t), Onewingedangel, 17-Jun-13 11:04 PM, #19
     Reply Did you play Cabdru?, Aereglen, 18-Jun-13 12:06 PM, #22
     Reply Such a shame, Grezoosh (Anonymous), 18-Jun-13 04:49 AM, #20
          Reply Yeah, I a had some different playtimes and met most of ..., Onewingedangel, 18-Jun-13 09:15 AM, #21

Ragyth (Anonymous)Mon 17-Jun-13 09:40 PM
Charter member
#115431, "Good fights, Good interactions"
In response to Reply #0

You were gutsy and also quite lethal, especially sans head.

I was looking forward to a rematch but as you said, with your hp gone, it wasn't the battle royale I was expecting. Massive kudos to coming to the giant in such a situation.

OnewingedangelMon 17-Jun-13 10:04 PM
Member since 22nd Jul 2009
447 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#115434, "I went there a few times with my low hp..."
In response to Reply #13

I know you killed me there once...I think it was just Heshim that day I managed to Pillar it to death. But yeah, I enjoyed fighting you, I would've jumped into it more, but the low low hp was really getting to me quickly.

Ragyth (Anonymous)Mon 17-Jun-13 10:37 PM
Charter member
#115436, "We also had this absurdly long retrieval that was fun."
In response to Reply #16
Edited on Mon 17-Jun-13 10:42 PM

I think I was hitting your outer every 12 game hours for a real life hour...or maybe more, can't remember

Since I had no chance when actually fighting you unless you got bored/made a mistake, I thought I'd just keep trying. I was really impressed you duked it out for so long, ready to blast me in half as soon as I showed up.

OnewingedangelMon 17-Jun-13 04:03 PM
447 posts
#115414, "Had lots of fun, learned a lot, but a certain bug kille..."
In response to Reply #0

Learned a lot with Keilan, died a few times solo exploring, had some goo PK fights and some bad ones. I was piping great at 38, destroying most people, when I got hit by the worst bug I've ever seen. Shorten it up, I'd log off at ones and randomly lose hp, mana, and moves. At the end, I had 155 base hp at 46. So yeah, that bug is the reason I deleted.

All of you guys in scion were great. While mostly quiet, all too notch interactions. Zhenyen, I ####ing loved RPing with you or your familiar. My biggest regret in this is losing that RP with you. Oh well.

Dont like doing individual goodbyes in this, if you felt I was good enough for a goodbye, I'll happily reply.

Peace

TsunamiMon 17-Jun-13 04:11 PM
Member since 25th Mar 2008
1509 posts
#115415, "Hi, "
In response to Reply #1

I enjoyed our interactions.

Heshim (Anonymous)Mon 17-Jun-13 05:21 PM
Charter member
#115419, "RE: Had lots of fun, learned a lot, but a certain bug k..."
In response to Reply #1

Man...I couldn't believe you stuck it out as far as you did with that bug. Enjoyed the PK, and you were always willing to throw down, even with the disadvantage. You would have rocked my face off 99% of the time with more HP

See you in the fields

OnewingedangelTue 18-Jun-13 12:58 PM
447 posts
#115451, "RE: Had lots of fun, learned a lot, but a certain bug k..."
In response to Reply #3

I don't know about the 99%, you get me gagged and bound, nothing I could do. My new RC edge would've helpe a little against garrote, but if you landed it, I knew flee run was m only survival chance

BorkahdMon 17-Jun-13 05:43 PM
Member since 17th Mar 2009
187 posts
#115420, "RE: Had lots of fun, learned a lot, but a certain bug k..."
In response to Reply #1

I've interacted with your character with one of mine and enjoyed it very much. I wish you luck with your next.

If this was a verified bug certainly the situation would have been rectified. Despite it being a game we do invest time in it and something that serious would be fixed and treated with a high level of priority, I'm sure. I can't help but to wonder if it was reported via the proper channels?

-----------------
"My view of Borkahd IC"
If you anger him, he'll rape you to death, eat your flesh, and sew your skin into his clothing. And if you're very, very lucky, he'll do it in that order. ~Twist

LhydiaMon 17-Jun-13 05:54 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
2390 posts
#115421, "It was probably the same Silent Tower stuff that got Ra..."
In response to Reply #4

Didn't Nep say those changes were by design?

Drag0nSt0rmMon 17-Jun-13 06:15 PM
450 posts
#115422, "Ew, if it was it'd be nice if that little trinket had e..."
In response to Reply #5

Kind of lame that a innocent explorer got nabbed by some of neps "anti-cheat" stuff.

N b MMon 17-Jun-13 06:17 PM
Member since 29th Sep 2005
444 posts
#115423, "n/t"
In response to Reply #6
Edited on Mon 17-Jun-13 06:20 PM

Never mind, not even worth the trouble.

CDMon 17-Jun-13 09:43 PM
Member since 05th Jul 2012
277 posts
#115432, "So you're saying"
In response to Reply #6

This is all just stupid. You added an extra #### over to an item you already added lag to? Honestly, I never even suspected it being that item.

I don't recall using it all the frequently either.

DaevrynMon 17-Jun-13 06:37 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#115424, "RE: Had lots of fun, learned a lot, but a certain bug k..."
In response to Reply #1

I bet you had a unique piece of gear that did something cool and that isn't a bug.

(Not one of my items, either, for the record.)

LhydiaMon 17-Jun-13 06:42 PM
2390 posts
#115425, "Why is gear like this in the game? Dude just won a role..."
In response to Reply #8

gr

laxmanTue 18-Jun-13 02:25 PM
Member since 18th Aug 2003
1867 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#115453, "Why isn't more of this kind of gear in the game?"
In response to Reply #9

There are other examples of this such as the sword of Zurcon. Having items with nifty affects that have actual consequences to use make them interesting. Is it that big a deal that there could be something that would make sense to only use occasionally? That could create player driven (and possibly immortal assisted) story lines of cleansing. I would think such an interestingly cursed item could also be very believably woven into player story lines as a pure RP item. I mean isn't it cooler to bring the sphere of soul sucking corruption to the shrine of Baerinika to be cleansed that actually does soul sucking corruption as opposed to just a bloody orb that is a junk item you have to pretend is wild dark magic or just pretend with emotes?

TMNSWed 19-Jun-13 12:09 PM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#115481, "When have the IMMs cared about being fair to players?"
In response to Reply #9

More to the point, when have YOU or other players cared about being fair to players?

Drag0nSt0rmMon 17-Jun-13 07:06 PM
450 posts
#115426, "So this wasn't caused by the usage of a certain crystal..."
In response to Reply #8

dsaf

OnewingedangelMon 17-Jun-13 08:34 PM
447 posts
#115428, "If you mean a certain crystal Item that goes around you..."
In response to Reply #10

The really weird thing was that I only lost hp/mana/moves only when I logged off, which is why I would've though it was a bug.

CDMon 17-Jun-13 09:45 PM
Member since 05th Jul 2012
277 posts
#115433, "This is what caused me to delte Rahedra. "
In response to Reply #11

I did not even notice until it took a strong hit. And at that point it was purely trying to figure out what went wrong and the cost was too great by that point.

I deleted without even knowing. Funny thing is I don't even recall using said item all that often but maybe I did during some exploration without realizing it due to the time since playing.

OnewingedangelMon 17-Jun-13 08:45 PM
447 posts
#115429, "If that's the case..."
In response to Reply #8

Why did it only happen when I logged out? And I ended up speaking to Another Imm about in game, who told me it wasn't the item I had.

Also, if it was all because of an item...couldn't I have just been told by design? Instead of sitting in the dark for like ,a week and a half? I probably would've rolled with it and RP'd it out if I knew it wasn't a bug.

VoraliaMon 17-Jun-13 10:48 PM
Member since 03rd Jun 2013
41 posts
#115437, "Uuh ooh!"
In response to Reply #12

So... It's that item I looted from you? Better sac it then before something happens to me.

OnewingedangelMon 17-Jun-13 11:04 PM
447 posts
#115438, "I should've told you how to use it, then. (n/t)"
In response to Reply #18

n/t

AereglenTue 18-Jun-13 12:06 PM
Member since 23rd Apr 2011
476 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#115450, "Did you play Cabdru?"
In response to Reply #8

for the record

Grezoosh (Anonymous)Tue 18-Jun-13 04:49 AM
Charter member
#115442, "Such a shame"
In response to Reply #1

That really sucks for you dude. I have no idea what item it was that screwed you so bad but it sucks that it did. You have been one of two scions that I see occasionaly on my lonely logins and I am gutted that I edged to 43 and primed myself to go to hero with you and you are gone and I am still in the deathzone of rank 43, oh well

Saw you won the RC and was excited to talk to you about the gifts bestowed by the gods upon you but I guess I will need to find new, trusted and respected company now.

See you again in the fields, I hope, just don't be a goodie!

OnewingedangelTue 18-Jun-13 09:15 AM
447 posts
#115445, "Yeah, I a had some different playtimes and met most of ..."
In response to Reply #20

A for the role contest, I got me of the depths and demielemental transcendence, which both actually really fit my role. Never got to try out Mage if the depth, sounds like a pretty edge if I wanted to draw them underwater

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #115413 Previous topic | Next topic