Subject: "(AUTO) [None] Uhrungh Blakblud the Warlord of the Grinn..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #115264
Show all folders

Death_AngelFri 07-Jun-13 12:56 AM
Member since 28th Sep 2024
17190 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#115264, "(AUTO) [None] Uhrungh Blakblud the Warlord of the Grinning Skulls, Bringer of Community and Keeper of Family"

Thu Jun 6 22:52:52 2013

At 7 o'clock AM, Day of the Sun, 6th of the Month of the Dark Shades
on the Theran calendar Uhrungh perished, never to return.

Race:orc
Class:berserker
Level:50
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:204

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

VladamirFri 07-Jun-13 08:42 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#115300, "Painful painful painful."
In response to Reply #0

I'll be fairly brief, since I only have net access at work right now and my time to go home comes up fairly soon.

Uhrungh was an attempt at a truly self sacrificing, motivated, cunning orc, who still wasn't afraid to kill for his clan. For him it wasn't about good or evil, it was all about the good and the future of the Grinning Skulls. To that end, I started doing a brisk trade with people orcs normally wouldn't associate with. Heralds, Tribs, and Villagers. I'd trade, barter, sell, or give away (because goodwill was a currency in his eyes as well) whatever I came across that I didn't need, or thought someone else would want for whatever reason.

#### me running but it sucked at times.

First step was a planned overthrow of Krunk, in favor of Gharoteur. I planned to fully support him as Chieftain, overthrow Krunk, bide my time and then take down the G man, and start my "new way of thinking" for the clan. But then I never saw Krunk again, and Gharoteur died. When he went, I was like "Well ####, there goes my power behind the power" angle. I figured I would just remove the middle man from my plans, and go after Krunk directly. I quietly built up my allies, made my plans, and....then he died.

I logged in, and killed Bolg, and was the new Chieftain. Then I started in earnest. I had a Herald ICly teach me to "read". We probably spent about an hour roleplaying that whole thing out, and it was awesome. She used a song to teach me letters and sounds, and after our session I went and put a single prac into pen. I wanted to properly reflect that he was capable of reading and writing, but would always struggle with it. Then I started moving mass quantities of bacon to the inn, for the cooks. Of all my allies, amusingly enough the Heralds were the ones to most often shed blood for me, even without my asking them to. I would be out and about with some of them, or sitting in the inn hanging out, and some Fortress twink would come at me, and get jumped on by a bunch of Heralds. One of the funniest nights I had was a group of Forties attacking the inn, trying to get at me, and the Heralds booting them and fighting them and it was utter chaos. Thanks to you all for that night, both sides of the fight pretty much escaped without dying, so everyone got to feel good about it.

Then I started bitching to some of the Heralds about how the orcs have no gods, because they abandoned us for being too selfish and not worth loving and blah blah. Next thing you know, the Heralds are dragging me off to Rayihn, and I offered to make a deal with her for her to look over the orcs as our patron, because of the love I felt for my clan. She warned me what it would cost and of course I went along with it.

THAT was when #### went downhill fast.

The code really can't handle a Neutral Chieftain, as Sacer said on the bugboard. It just wasn't something that was supposed to happen or be possible, and so I started running into a lot of technical issues. My own orc guards and shoppies and stuff would attack me on sight, which made defending myself in my own village a real pain. I could pillage weapons, but not use them. I couldn't use a lot of orc only gear, because it happens to also be evil only. Of course even though I wasn't evil any more, it didn't stop certain assbags who had no business going after a neutral target from doing so. Which led to further issues which sucked.

After going Neutral and continuing to be attacked by the Fort, repeatedly, I sent a note to the Fort. My note basically said "Look, I'm not trying to make war, but you ####s won't leave me alone. If you keep attacking me unprovoked, I'm going to stop NOT looking for war, and start helping your enemies". I was hoping the leadership would see it, understand, and reign in the constant hunting of a semi-redeemed orc. Not at ALL how it went. Oshui took this as an excuse to kick it up to levels I didn't have to deal with as an evil. It was utterly ridiculous. I would be sitting and having a perfectly pleasant interaction with Acolytes or their leaders (Thankfully they didn't give a crap what Oshui said, they were always pleasant to me in return), and Oshui or other assorted douchebags were sure to come along to try and stomp a neutral orc, wearing some Herald made clothes.

Apparently, saying "Stop coming into the village in groups to kill me, I'm not evil, but I'm not going to let you keep pushing me around" somehow in his mind translated into "I need to kill this orc, and direct the entire Fort to do the same". Not being able to reliably prep against goodies anymore, not being able to make proper use of my abilities, and all of the other associated issues with the character (like losing my Chieftainship on logouts) really sapped what fun was left.

Then one logout someone else grabbed up my throne, and I only saw him on once after that, and it was a brief time. I continued to do my thing, RP my merchant self, go around being pleasant (as pleasant as an orc can be) and just plot to take down the pretender. But I never saw him on again, and honestly at that point I was just so sick of it all I would log in, RP some, trade some bacon and log off. The fun was gone.

I'll post individual goodbyes later, I'm about to leave work. The only one that goes here is for Oshui. I ####ing hated you in ways I haven't hated a character since Hasteur stopped playing. No matter what I said to you, you took it as an excuse to ratchet up the hostility on an already neutered character. You can call it roleplaying, but I call it trying to land easy kills. I was in the Fort with you at one point as another character, and you weren't NEARLY such a giant sucking void of douchebaggery back then, so I assume once you got your Jack Blaguar, it was like instant douche. I like the player behind the character, but the character came off as WAY too aggressive to a non-evil who was essentially saying "I'm not evil, stop trying to kill me". You were just an utter tool for those last few months.

Leyras (Anonymous)Fri 07-Jun-13 09:00 PM
Charter member
#115301, "Really well played"
In response to Reply #1

I think the limitations of the code really did make things difficult; I still think your char was great.

As soon as Leyras got the message that 1. you weren't evil anymore. 2. Confirmed with Nythos that orcs aren't necessarily kill-on-sight in Outlander dogma, Leyras basically left you alone. I really, really liked the brave direction you were going in. As for grouping up...the orc/elf thing was still in the way, et al.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #115264 Previous topic | Next topic