Subject: "(DELETED) [EMPIRE] Pertoniti the Spectacular Charmer of..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #115002
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 28-May-13 03:08 PM
Member since 28th Sep 2024
17190 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#115002, "(DELETED) [EMPIRE] Pertoniti the Spectacular Charmer of Love Sublime, Imperial War Master"

Tue May 28 13:06:03 2013

At 6 o'clock PM, Day of Thunder, 31st of the Month of the Ancient Darkness
on the Theran calendar Pertoniti perished, never to return.

Race:arial
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:EMPIRE, the Empire
Hours:208

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply The love boat has sailed, and Pertoniti has left upon i..., Pertoniti (Anonymous), 28-May-13 03:11 PM, #1
     Reply That's so silly, Grejjyan (Anonymous), 28-May-13 03:15 PM, #2
     Reply thanks both for the logs nt, Dallevian, 28-May-13 03:26 PM, #3
     Reply Why delete a war master?, Quixotic, 28-May-13 07:24 PM, #11
     Reply !!!@#$(*$%, Rayihn, 28-May-13 03:29 PM, #4
     Reply And I get no love?, Aeede (Anonymous), 28-May-13 03:31 PM, #5
     Reply Mwwah!, Quixotic, 28-May-13 07:19 PM, #10
          Reply Ugh... This is my life nt, Demos, 29-May-13 10:42 AM, #15
     Reply I have excision at 100% for a reason!, Eidiol (Anonymous), 28-May-13 04:11 PM, #6
     Reply You had faralind cold.. just didn't know it., Bajula, 28-May-13 04:46 PM, #7
     Reply Well done and well played. Thanks for kicking my ass so..., gilut (Anonymous), 28-May-13 06:15 PM, #8
     Reply Gilut and Pishuk, Quixotic, 28-May-13 07:32 PM, #9
          Reply You are right!, Pishuk (Anonymous), 29-May-13 04:02 AM, #13
     Reply This was a surprise!, Nalavi (Anonymous), 29-May-13 02:40 AM, #12
     Reply Dammit, I liked having someone in the Cabal Floofier th..., Kraldinor (Anonymous), 29-May-13 10:00 AM, #14
          Reply The REAL reason for deletion inside!, Quixotic, 29-May-13 10:48 AM, #16

Pertoniti (Anonymous)Tue 28-May-13 03:11 PM
Charter member
#115003, "The love boat has sailed, and Pertoniti has left upon i..."
In response to Reply #0

For the love of the Empire, Pertoniti has resumed his life as a simple cobbler. The grind of having to farm gold and gather preps was wearing me out, and I need something a bit more casual now that summer is upon us. The plan was I would delete when my damroll dipped below 60, so I was living on borrowed time. I hope I was able to give enjoyment to the majority of people I encountered.

Build comments
A long time ago, I was in battle and Selene was Crashing of Waves 3 times a round, and I thought that looked like a helluva lot of fun. It turned out Crashing was another one of those things that was unfortunately tweaked before I got to abuse it rather than after, and only began firing after the point of strength I received as a role contest reward. Space Between Heartbeats I took because Nep had long ago said it was one of his favorite legacies, and I had a lot, and I mean a lot, of fun with it. This was my first sword spec that managed to get a kill with the spec, but I attribute that to prepping regularly, good damroll, and speed flurry. This was my first axe spec, and I can see how appealing it is to people with 50+ damroll and no other means to reliably lag others. It was especially nice to reduce and then pincer giant sized foes.

Rayihn
With most characters we encounter, we find ourselves questioning whether the character is really any different than the player, for the last umpteen characters they have played are all the same. With you I could immerse in your role and just let myself go, and as a result things were spontaneous and at times whimsical. You were a great friend and immensely fun to RP with. Thank you.

Kraldinor
I loved you, even when I knew I wasn't your first choice for war master. Now the way is clear for you to promote that guy attached to your hip like chewing gum picked up on a park bench. You were the driving force for a revival of Empire, and I love what you brought to the cabal. It saddens me that anyone who inherits the Empire can't be as good for the game as you have been.

Noviask
You were exactly what I expected from a felar dread lord: aggressive, deadly, and full of himself. There is a lot of hate on you, but I never witnessed anything other than the cabal channel drama when you were made anathema. I'd love to share my theory about your whole anathema situation in which you found yourself, but I don't want to spoil how it plays out.

Etion
My little emo healer! We never talked at any length, but I got a goth vibe that always had me looking for a trail of blood behind you. Good luck with your plans.

Jebaral
Deadly little warrior that was not to be trusted. Keep kicking ass. It will be a relief not having to be compared to the entwine-flurry machine for deadliness.

Merf and Eidiol
You both seem to be growing into your skins, slowly but surely. Keep doing so, but remember to hold and use a wand of return every now and then.

Faralind, Grejjyan, Tolgrumm, Ekaerok, Ieralaine
Classy characters who had a habit of destroying me but didn't rape my corpse. You were frustrating as hell to fight, as there was very little I could do against you, but once I resigned myself to the truth that I was not going to kill you, I was able to have a lot more fun fighting you. ####ers.

Shamise
You are working hard at the bar, and few, myself included, give you the time and appreciation you deserve. Herald can be a great deal of fun, but one of the most frustrating things I have found with playing a herald is that you try to get involved in plots, but characters are so transient that it is difficult to keep something meaningful and ongoing. Good luck, and find a way to have fun.

Post questions and comments, and I'll try to respond. My love to you all.

Grejjyan (Anonymous)Tue 28-May-13 03:15 PM
Charter member
#115004, "That's so silly"
In response to Reply #1

You know, being War Master has its perks. It's a shame you didn't take the time to enjoy it! In the end, you got some more wins than I did and it was kind of scary! I started logging this week-end, I'll post some stuff when I get to it.

Fun guy really. A tough loss for the Empire.

GLWYN!

DallevianTue 28-May-13 03:26 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1639 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#115006, "thanks both for the logs nt"
In response to Reply #2

nt

QuixoticTue 28-May-13 07:24 PM
Member since 09th Feb 2006
837 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#115025, "Why delete a war master?"
In response to Reply #2

As for deleting when I should be enjoying life as the new war master, I'm not powergamey enough to compete with the big boys for the long haul. A war master should be someone people fear, not someone who is trying to regear or farm gold or gather preps. I only used gear given to me by allies or picked off of corpses. In 200 hrs, I never asked for help to get something choice, and the only pieces I set out to get were things like charred bracers and Diana's gauntlets.

I did enjoy fighting you and the crew, but I thought it best to move aside before the demands of leadership made me resent logging in.

RayihnTue 28-May-13 03:29 PM
Member since 08th Oct 2006
1147 posts
#115007, "!!!@#$(*$%"
In response to Reply #1

Come on! We were having great fun. I'd always perk up a little when I'd see you on, and Shamise and Kraldinor will tell you how I'd be all gushing at them about how great you were.

Come back to me with something that has a little more longevity, eh?

Aeede (Anonymous)Tue 28-May-13 03:31 PM
Charter member
#115008, "And I get no love?"
In response to Reply #1

Loved your character and wanted to get involved with you. Except for couple of times, our times did not go well.

Next time you try a Herald. It fun to RP and doing crazy thing and not worry about PK as much.

QuixoticTue 28-May-13 07:19 PM
837 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#115024, "Mwwah!"
In response to Reply #5

I didn't get to know you, but I did hear good things about you.

My biggest gripe with herald is that I do like PK. Familial obligations interrupt me regularly--for the imms and people in Empire, think about how often I logged off after being on for a handful of minutes:
- one of my kids needs a ride to a practice.
- meal is done? Already?
- Emergency! The trash needs emptying, that's your emergency?
- Dog is puking at the back door
- Come pay attention to me (insert "Husband|Father|Pet owner")!!!!

You get the idea. During the summer, those interruptions become even more frequent.

DemosWed 29-May-13 10:42 AM
Member since 20th Apr 2003
211 posts
#115049, "Ugh... This is my life nt"
In response to Reply #10

Nt

Eidiol (Anonymous)Tue 28-May-13 04:11 PM
Charter member
#115012, "I have excision at 100% for a reason!"
In response to Reply #1

So I don't have to hold the wand!

Didn't know you that well, but damn I don't think I've ever had 60 damroll on a character

BajulaTue 28-May-13 04:46 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
929 posts
#115018, "You had faralind cold.. just didn't know it."
In response to Reply #1

Most of your life, you were in a spot that would just ravage me,
Then I got shields and for a while I was on top, but when you went
axe you 'could' have eaten me alive, the timing just didn't work
out right. Plus I 90% of the time if it looked bad for me I just
ran! Pert was awesome. Made me want to roll another imperial.

Fantastic job. GLWYN!!!

gilut (Anonymous)Tue 28-May-13 06:14 PM
Charter member
#115020, "Well done and well played. Thanks for kicking my ass so..."
In response to Reply #1
Edited on Tue 28-May-13 06:15 PM

nt

QuixoticTue 28-May-13 07:00 PM
837 posts
#115022, "Gilut and Pishuk"
In response to Reply #8
Edited on Tue 28-May-13 07:32 PM

Fighting you two made no sense. On paper, I thought Gilut would destroy me without effort, but for the most part, I had your number.

Pishuk on the other hand, I thought I would be able to eat up with superior parrying and ripostes, but he was one hand spec I could barely touch. Repeat: I'm not even saying defeat, I'm saying TOUCH. It was bizarre, as if Pishuk had improved parry vs Pert.

Pishuk (Anonymous)Wed 29-May-13 04:02 AM
Charter member
#115038, "You are right!"
In response to Reply #9

You could not really touch Pishuk and it was weird. Jebaral could do much more harm even without his flurries.
We didn't fight much, but from a very few fights and seeing you not touching pishuk, I was DOH! when I saw you become war master. Then I asked around and everyone said that you are a dangerous Imperials. Adding that the legacies didn't help Pishuk much against Pertoniti, It's something I still cannot figure.

Nalavi (Anonymous)Wed 29-May-13 02:40 AM
Charter member
#115029, "This was a surprise!"
In response to Reply #1

You got War Master less than 24 hours before deleting. Thought you'd have messed with it a bit longer. Probably sucks for Krald losing two of strong member of the Blade.

Kraldinor (Anonymous)Wed 29-May-13 10:00 AM
Charter member
#115047, "Dammit, I liked having someone in the Cabal Floofier th..."
In response to Reply #1

(please don't change my title to the Floofiest Imperial)

But anyway, well played character who was top notch in the RP department. I think your pk suffered a bit for reasons you stated, but we did warn you (and was still solid overall in that department). I'll miss you, but understand your reasons for deletion. GLWYN.

QuixoticWed 29-May-13 10:48 AM
837 posts
#115050, "The REAL reason for deletion inside!"
In response to Reply #14

I hate sandwiches.

Most people like to pile on the extras: bacon, mayo, lettuce, cheese, tomato, other green or growing stuff I won't eat. I prefer simpler foods, kept a safe distance apart on my plate, nuanced with subtle seasonings.

Kraldinor's culinary suggestion scared the bejeezus out of me, and made me think you should retire to the Eternal Star as a cook.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #115002 Previous topic | Next topic