Subject: "(DELETED) [EMPIRE] Margon the Investigator of Imperial ..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #114654
Show all folders

Death_AngelSat 11-May-13 02:16 PM
Member since 28th Sep 2024
17190 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#114654, "(DELETED) [EMPIRE] Margon the Investigator of Imperial Benefit, Imperial Priest"

Sat May 11 12:12:15 2013

At 7 o'clock PM, Day of the Great Gods, 19th of the Month of the Battle
on the Theran calendar Margon perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:healer
Level:44
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:EMPIRE, the Empire
Hours:52

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Meh..., Whiysdan, 12-May-13 12:50 AM, #2
Reply Thought I could force myself to stomach a healer again...., Gaplemo, 12-May-13 02:05 AM, #3
     Reply RE: Thought I could force myself to stomach a healer ag..., Kraldinor (Anonymous), 12-May-13 03:09 AM, #4
     Reply Thanks for the grace you handled it with, Gaplemo, 12-May-13 07:46 AM, #5
     Reply RE: Thought I could force myself to stomach a healer ag..., Daevryn, 12-May-13 12:02 PM, #6
          Reply Email seems to work great for other players. (n/t), N b M, 12-May-13 12:32 PM, #7
          Reply Thanks, I appreciate criticism., Gaplemo, 12-May-13 12:57 PM, #8
Reply RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Margon the Investigator of Imper..., Illanthos, 11-May-13 10:01 PM, #1

WhiysdanSun 12-May-13 12:50 AM
Member since 04th Aug 2011
243 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#114660, "Meh..."
In response to Reply #0

I was really, REALLY looking forward to seeing how this played out with Kraldinor. Bummer.

=w=

GaplemoSun 12-May-13 02:05 AM
Member since 06th May 2010
619 posts
#114661, "Thought I could force myself to stomach a healer again...."
In response to Reply #2

Ends up I couldn't. Even with good interactions and decent direction I was way way too bored with the class to keep it up. I think I have just done too many over the years, I did this one hoping hell would open and whatnot but it's not and I haven't been on much the last week or two.

Deletion had nothing to do with Whiysdan or the Emperor. Interactions were solid on both ends. We all know I was headed for the Anathema road with the obstacles put in front of me, but I would have tried to get back in had I stuck it out. If I do keep playing CF, I will maybe make a low responsibility killer. Exploring isn't doing it for me anymore.

Probably a terrible choice for a comeback character after my lich, because it just wasn't that fun to be a healer.

The title was cool. I was supposed to prove to Whiysdan that the Empire could do good for Thera, change his view on imperials. I had a pretty decent start on the way I wanted to present it to him. Someone should give Whiysdan following imperial a shot, there is potential for good immteraction there.

Kraldinor (Anonymous)Sun 12-May-13 03:09 AM
Charter member
#114662, "RE: Thought I could force myself to stomach a healer ag..."
In response to Reply #3

I lost a Gaplemo played Imperial healer! That hurts. Anyway I had come up with something that was going to be unpleasant, but would have been something you could have bounced back from eventually if you had stuck it out. Sorry we didn't get the chance to interact more on the issue.

GaplemoSun 12-May-13 07:46 AM
619 posts
#114665, "Thanks for the grace you handled it with"
In response to Reply #4

I know as a player you didn't want to anathema a decent healer that was putting forth the effort, but as an Emperor you had a standard to live up to in front of your god. Not an easy spot to get put in. You handled it well man, no worries. I am glad you didn't make me High Priest because the totally dependent on other people playstyle just rubbed me the wrong way this time. I've done healers and loved them, I don't know what went wrong here. I had a great plan and wanted to get some #### done.

DaevrynSun 12-May-13 12:02 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#114667, "RE: Thought I could force myself to stomach a healer ag..."
In response to Reply #3

I'll understand if you're not particularly interested in constructive criticism from me but I'm going to provide it regardless because I think other people could also learn from it.

1) I think you are, generally, too quick to try to e-mail your way out of what are essentially IC problems.

2) What I think could have made this a character for the ages (and I'm not Whiysdan and I have no idea if this would fly, but it is what I would have tried with this character in your situation) instead of someone who just caught a bad break is trying to proactively scheme your way out of the situation.

Example: going to Whiysdan and saying, "Kralindor is demanding that I praise his god and not you, and obviously I'm not okay with that because you're the one true god. But bigger than my own problem is that the whole of the Empire is being cut off from your truth, and that I can't allow. So here is what I propose: I will immediately begin to lobby support for myself as High Priest, and as soon as the council can be filled I will call for a vote to depose Kralindor. Once I am Emperor I will command for everyone to praise YOUR name. Allow me to pay lip service to the false god for X amount of time so that I may execute this plan and I will repay your indulgence of this blasphemy with your greater glory."

N b MSun 12-May-13 12:32 PM
Member since 29th Sep 2005
444 posts
#114668, "Email seems to work great for other players. (n/t)"
In response to Reply #6

n/a

GaplemoSun 12-May-13 12:57 PM
619 posts
#114669, "Thanks, I appreciate criticism."
In response to Reply #6

I agree Margon could have rocked. It wasn't the Whiysdan/Emperor dilemma at all why I deleted, things were just fine in that regard. I knew when I went into playing a whiysdan imperial it would have its challenges, the healer thing just killed it for me. It's like when I had that great nexus druid role, but just couldn't swallow a druid at the moment because i was itching to make my lich attempt. Good potential that I wasted.

I guess I had this huge surge to do some area explore raping, made a healer because they are generally needed (and hard to rely on), then realized how much I hated playing that role again.

Not sure what you mean about the email thing, maybe you can clarify a little what you mean by that? I generally only email an immortal to set up first empowerment interviews (or second ones, if they are not around a lot). I never ask for IC stuff to be planned out or discussed there. (I do pester scarab about every 5 months to see how hell is coming, but he doesnt answer me much anymore lol).

Anyways thanks for taking the time to post.

IllanthosSat 11-May-13 10:01 PM
Member since 14th Oct 2011
274 posts
#114655, "RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Margon the Investigator of Imper..."
In response to Reply #0

What was the story behind the title?

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #114654 Previous topic | Next topic