Subject: "(DELETED) [BATTLE] Sakai Ravenna the Sensei" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #114553
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 02-May-13 05:00 PM
Member since 28th Sep 2024
17190 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#114553, "(DELETED) [BATTLE] Sakai Ravenna the Sensei"

Thu May 2 14:59:52 2013

At 4 o'clock PM, Day of Deception, 2nd of the Month of the Ancient Darkness
on the Theran calendar Sakai perished, never to return.

Race:arial
Class:assassin
Level:46
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:124

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Too boring to continue...lost the drive..., Minyar, 02-May-13 05:08 PM, #1
     Reply You were doing great., Akresius, 02-May-13 08:17 PM, #2
          Reply RE: You were doing great., Lhydia, 02-May-13 08:51 PM, #3
          Reply RE: You were doing great., Vonzamir, 02-May-13 11:25 PM, #4
          Reply Cool (im)mortal interactions do increase the staying po..., DurNominator, 04-May-13 03:10 AM, #13
          Reply But but, CD, 03-May-13 02:14 AM, #5
          Reply I really don't think that was what I said., Minyar, 03-May-13 02:07 PM, #8
          Reply He doesn't ignore his followers, trust me. , Iacegr (Anonymous), 03-May-13 11:53 AM, #6
          Reply Again...I had not expectation of constant interaction., Minyar, 03-May-13 02:09 PM, #9
          Reply Again, it is something I am working on., Akresius, 03-May-13 03:48 PM, #10
               Reply I just want to say., Minyar, 03-May-13 06:06 PM, #11
                    Reply No worries, Akresius, 03-May-13 06:14 PM, #12
          Reply I had no idea that was you with the title., Minyar, 03-May-13 02:04 PM, #7
          Reply I find..., Tsunami, 04-May-13 04:08 AM, #14

MinyarThu 02-May-13 05:08 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
504 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#114554, "Too boring to continue...lost the drive..."
In response to Reply #0

It was a pretty fun ride. Battle seems to be pretty meh right now with few people being around when I was around. I like that for the most part, but it just wasn't enough to keep going.

The only thing I would ask for from this char is that Akresius gives a little more feedback to how someone is doing. I went 124 hours with Sakai, most of which was caballed and never once called bloodthirst. There were times where I would have loved to have used the ability, but I didn't because of the role, but never really saw anything from it. Wish I had been told to bugger off if that was the consensus...but no reaction was worse than being told "no."

I appreciated the rest of things and tried to be stoic about deaths, loots, and other things. I know I failed a few times.

Assassinate seems severely toned down from when I played Zridv. I landed one, and I think that one was quite lucky where there were others that should have landed but didn't.

AkresiusThu 02-May-13 08:17 PM
Member since 15th Nov 2011
280 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#114557, "You were doing great."
In response to Reply #1

I watched you a lot and liked what I saw. As I've told others, I'm not going to pat characters on the back to tell them they're doing a good job; there is an academy weapon that does that. :-P

As an Akresius follower, you are expected to be self-sufficient and deal with situations accordingly. As I recall, we did interact on more than one occasion in which I indicated you were on the right track. For my part, I enjoyed those meetings.

I'm not stonewalling your criticism: I am trying and will continue to make it a point to give more feedback to my followers. I see how a few conversations and a temp title pales in comparison with some of our more active staff. Nevertheless, if you are looking for more immteraction per hour in the future, I would recommend another religion.

I would love to have you try another follower, but I understand if you choose not to.

Thanks for a well-done character.

LhydiaThu 02-May-13 08:51 PM
2390 posts
#114565, "RE: You were doing great."
In response to Reply #2

Nevertheless, if you are looking for more immteraction per hour in the future, I would recommend another religion.

How hard would it be not to continuously ignore your followers on purpose? This is like the 4th time from an awesome players trying to follow you. Do you not remember your IMMteractions way back when and what they meant to you growing as a player? I guess I just don't get the mindset of 'Play for a few hundred hours, then we'll talk.' from you and a couple others that seems to be a recent trend. I also feel like this has nothing to do with other IMMs giving more attention than IMMs of the past, I think its been pretty consistent until recently to get attention from your IMM if you don't suck and you are a decent follower.

VonzamirThu 02-May-13 11:25 PM
Member since 07th Jun 2011
659 posts
#114571, "RE: You were doing great."
In response to Reply #3

Never done an Akresius follower, but I did several Jasthrean followers whose interactions seemed a bit similar to what I remember from the hero imm version of Akresius who I did interact w some, and one or two interactions at 125 hours for a non empowerment char seems about right. Kinda the modus operandi I think is an initial chat, some type of brief interaction if you do something awesome, and likely another chat if you seem ink worthy. For the most part, I would think ink is around the 200-400 hour point if you have done well.

If lack of imm interact was the breaking point, the player likely wasn't enjoying the char much anyway. I've always found if I really want interaction, I can usually create my own with other players.

DurNominatorSat 04-May-13 03:10 AM
Member since 08th Nov 2004
2018 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#114596, "Cool (im)mortal interactions do increase the staying po..."
In response to Reply #4

nt

CDFri 03-May-13 02:14 AM
Member since 05th Jul 2012
277 posts
#114572, "But but"
In response to Reply #3

Minyar says this about all of his character of late. I GET NO ATTENTION!

I think it's mostly him. I mean it has been on repeat for a while.

MinyarFri 03-May-13 02:07 PM
504 posts
#114584, "I really don't think that was what I said."
In response to Reply #5

The point was to give effective criticism to Akresius. My intent wasn't to complain but to offer that his religion, in my opinion, is a tough one to live up to, and it is hard to know if you are. That was all I was going for.

Iacegr (Anonymous)Fri 03-May-13 11:53 AM
Charter member
#114579, "He doesn't ignore his followers, trust me. "
In response to Reply #3

If you want a CONSTANT imm presence to pat you on the back every day you are CFing then yeah Akresius isn't your guy, but neither are 90% of the imms.

Sakai (Minyar) in this case made a choice to follow Akresius, as a result, he shouldn't put ridiculous expectations on a level of imm interaction that only 1-2 imms put out.

And no, Akresius isn't a play a couple hundred of hours and i'll talk to you type of guy. I had to pray a max of 3 days before Akresius came down and spoke to me, then maybe 10-15 hours when I got a temp title then another 20-30 (my choice) before I hit his shrine again. Pretty sure every time we spoke, it lasted for 30 IRL minutes at least.

IMO there are too many players now who want instant and constant gratification, whether its from fellow players or IMMs.

MinyarFri 03-May-13 02:09 PM
504 posts
#114585, "Again...I had not expectation of constant interaction."
In response to Reply #6

If i had wanted that I would have followed Whiysidan or Rayihn/Baer who are constantly visible and available.

AkresiusFri 03-May-13 03:48 PM
280 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#114589, "Again, it is something I am working on."
In response to Reply #3

I'd consider my past immteractions from the mortal standpoint to be irrelevant in this case. My non-empowerment, religion-seeking characters did have to wait 150-200 hours before getting noticed. If anything, I'd say the recent trend is the opposite.

MinyarFri 03-May-13 06:06 PM
504 posts
#114591, "I just want to say."
In response to Reply #10

I wanted to offer criticism that could be helpful. It wasn't intended to be whiney or imply it is why I deleted.

AkresiusFri 03-May-13 06:14 PM
280 posts
#114592, "No worries"
In response to Reply #11

I understood your intent and appreciate the constructive criticism.

MinyarFri 03-May-13 02:04 PM
504 posts
#114583, "I had no idea that was you with the title."
In response to Reply #2

I guess if you had thrown an echo in there it would have made more sense to me. I actually thought the title was the "wrong" thing for what I was trying to do. I thought Rayihn had given it to me as she tends to do the witty title thing a bit and she was visisble. Oh well, I guess that my thinking on the title and what it meant was wrong.

TsunamiSat 04-May-13 04:08 AM
Member since 25th Mar 2008
1509 posts
#114597, "I find..."
In response to Reply #2

Your writing to be very diplomatic.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #114553 Previous topic | Next topic