Subject: "(RAGE DELETE) [EMPIRE] Dandelo the Shapeshifter Adept, ..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #114375
Show all folders

Death_AngelSun 21-Apr-13 09:24 PM
Member since 28th Sep 2024
17190 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#114375, "(RAGE DELETE) [EMPIRE] Dandelo the Shapeshifter Adept, Imperial Citizen"

Sun Apr 21 19:21:08 2013

At 2 o'clock AM, Day of the Moon, 35th of the Month of the Long Shadows
on the Theran calendar Dandelo perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:shapeshifter
Level:35
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:EMPIRE, the Empire
Hours:59

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Dandelo is now feasting off of all the emotion in this ..., jalbrin, 24-Apr-13 12:04 AM, #15
Reply Noooo, Madoc (Anonymous), 22-Apr-13 05:14 AM, #4
Reply Geez man, Another member of the Empire (Anonymous), 21-Apr-13 11:19 PM, #1
     Reply Your actions affected everyone, cosign (Anonymous), 21-Apr-13 11:22 PM, #2
          Reply Stop. Being. Pussies. About. Loot. NT, TMNS, 21-Apr-13 11:47 PM, #3
               Reply You. Took. The. Words. Out. My. Mouth. And I appreciate..., Blkdrgn, 23-Apr-13 05:27 AM, #5
               Reply Keep driving newbs away, incognito, 23-Apr-13 01:34 PM, #6
                    Reply If getting looted is going to be considered griefing..., TMNS, 23-Apr-13 01:42 PM, #7
                    Reply Are you a newbie?, incognito, 23-Apr-13 05:29 PM, #9
                         Reply You do realize this game is extremely newbie unfriendly..., TMNS, 23-Apr-13 06:07 PM, #11
                         Reply RE: You do realize this game is extremely newbie unfrie..., Welverin, 23-Apr-13 09:55 PM, #14
                         Reply Newbies rarely have anything worth looting., DurNominator, 24-Apr-13 12:27 PM, #17
                    Reply Wrong, Tsunami, 23-Apr-13 02:48 PM, #8
                         Reply It hasn't happened to me for years, incognito, 23-Apr-13 05:30 PM, #10
                              Reply What?, Tsunami, 23-Apr-13 06:48 PM, #12
                                   Reply He doesnt get fulled b/c, CD, 23-Apr-13 09:38 PM, #13
                                   Reply Apparently logic isn't your strong suit, incognito, 24-Apr-13 01:01 AM, #16
                                        Reply Sure, sure, Tsunami, 24-Apr-13 01:54 PM, #18

jalbrinWed 24-Apr-13 12:04 AM
Member since 20th Apr 2009
211 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#114417, "Dandelo is now feasting off of all the emotion in this ..."
In response to Reply #0

dark tower

Madoc (Anonymous)Mon 22-Apr-13 05:14 AM
Charter member
#114380, "Noooo"
In response to Reply #0

My full looting air shifter buddy, we needed you to have the sack to be evil and grief our enemies in a way I never could. I was going to hero up with you without controls and ruin a couple of fortlander's days.

Another member of the Empire (Anonymous)Sun 21-Apr-13 11:19 PM
Charter member
#114377, "Geez man"
In response to Reply #0

You looked like a cool fella but those full loot cast a bad light upon the Empire.

I do not know what was the point of this, perhaps frustration? But please, not only you make it hard on yourself but on your Cabal as well.

GLWYN

cosign (Anonymous)Sun 21-Apr-13 11:22 PM
Charter member
#114378, "Your actions affected everyone"
In response to Reply #1

Way to start the full loot war and ruin everyones playing, enemies and allies alike.

Doing things out of spite, when it will not aid or benefit you in any way (especially out of range enemies) is a way to really negatively affect the game.

TMNSSun 21-Apr-13 11:47 PM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#114379, "Stop. Being. Pussies. About. Loot. NT"
In response to Reply #2

I was not this character. Just hate people being lame about loot.

BlkdrgnTue 23-Apr-13 05:27 AM
Member since 19th Mar 2010
295 posts
#114390, "You. Took. The. Words. Out. My. Mouth. And I appreciate..."
In response to Reply #3

No sarcasm, honest.

incognitoTue 23-Apr-13 01:34 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#114395, "Keep driving newbs away"
In response to Reply #3

Sure, a whine fest when someone lost a few pieces of gear is unwarranted, but dropping full loots on people for the sake of it results in a vicious circle whereby lots of people have downtime regearing. In the case of the newb, it seems like a huge task and can put them off playing.

You do realise that we need to get new blood to make up for veteran attrition, right?

It's all very well to say you don't want to play with pussies but this griefing is killing the game over time.

TMNSTue 23-Apr-13 01:40 PM
2670 posts
#114396, "If getting looted is going to be considered griefing..."
In response to Reply #6
Edited on Tue 23-Apr-13 01:42 PM

...then I am glad I don't play CF anymore.

And FWIW, I always hated the Cuban Missile Crisis-like standoff that happens sometimes in cabal wars.

"Someone I've never met supposedly full-looted one of my cabal-mates, and he's in your cabal, so I'm going to full-loot you! Nyah!"

####ing retarded. Loot what you want, when you want. If you want to full loot, more power to you. Just don't expect to have much in your corpse when you return.

Dammit, where's Graatch when you need him

Edited to add: Not only that, but really? Empire complaining about this? *epic boggle* My last Empire char got fulled like 5 times. Each time I got back on my feet and ended up with better sets than I started with.

incognitoTue 23-Apr-13 05:29 PM
4495 posts
#114401, "Are you a newbie?"
In response to Reply #7

No.

TMNSTue 23-Apr-13 06:07 PM
2670 posts
#114404, "You do realize this game is extremely newbie unfriendly..."
In response to Reply #9

I mean, there are a million things that #### over n00bs in a pure mechanical sense.

I have no idea why you are harping on this loot issue. I learned how to regear to the point I don't even mind getting looted as a player, ALL BECAUSE I GOT FULLED MULTIPLE TIMES AS A NEWB.

The last couple n00bs I've seen, by the way, are damn near better at CF than I am. Artificial, Welverin and Rhyaldin all started playing in the last 4 years. They are some of the best players CF has right now.

Most other n00bs I've seen (in game) couldn't make it past level 35 if they tried except for the fact that ranking is absurdly easy now (which makes it tougher for n00bs to stop and learn how to survive at each level).

Third of all, if an Empire char is a n00b, I think full-loots are the least of his worries (if the Dio's attitude is to be believed), more that Outlander/Fort/Battle keeps PKing him in the face and even his allies can betray him.

WelverinTue 23-Apr-13 09:55 PM
Member since 23rd Oct 2009
624 posts
#114411, "RE: You do realize this game is extremely newbie unfrie..."
In response to Reply #11

Wow, really? Man I could name most of the player base who would disagree with your statement that I am among the better players, myself included, but thanks a lot for the complement.

As for looting, I am starting to feel more competent on rehearing, at least with goodies.... After I finish with my current I will have to play something not goodie I guess... But being in this whole drama I can definitely say that I loot a lot more heavily when I get looted... And tend to feel a lot less bad about it.

DurNominatorWed 24-Apr-13 12:27 PM
Member since 08th Nov 2004
2018 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#114432, "Newbies rarely have anything worth looting."
In response to Reply #9

Loot whatever you want, but don't be a douche that does it just to cause the other person grief. You know your own motives, so it is an easy guideline to follow.

TsunamiTue 23-Apr-13 02:48 PM
Member since 25th Mar 2008
1509 posts
#114398, "Wrong"
In response to Reply #6

Getting full looted is a one of a handful of features that brought me here and kept me here.

Don't use the newbies as a scapegoat because you can't handle the full looterage.

incognitoTue 23-Apr-13 05:30 PM
4495 posts
#114402, "It hasn't happened to me for years"
In response to Reply #8

As far as I can recall.

You just can't get it into your head that someone thinks beyond themselves, can you?

TsunamiTue 23-Apr-13 06:48 PM
1509 posts
#114408, "What?"
In response to Reply #10

If that's the case then it must not be the reason newbies are leaving eh?

Destroyed your own argument with your own logic.

Maybe we need to full loot more so they will come and stay.

CDTue 23-Apr-13 09:38 PM
Member since 05th Jul 2012
277 posts
#114410, "He doesnt get fulled b/c"
In response to Reply #12

Right before he dies he grabs his favored timepiece and uses it go back to the past. Then quits before the battle occurs, having had such a revelation.

incognitoWed 24-Apr-13 01:01 AM
4495 posts
#114418, "Apparently logic isn't your strong suit"
In response to Reply #12

Just because I don't die to people that loot from spite doesn't mean I don't see it happen to others a lot.

Perhaps because I've usually killed a lot more than I die to, and treated them with a bit of class, I tend to get treated with a bit of class in between.

Also I tend to know who drops the full loots in advance and avoid dying to them.

A newb can't do either of those things.

TsunamiWed 24-Apr-13 01:54 PM
1509 posts
#114433, "Sure, sure"
In response to Reply #16

It's MY logic that is flawed. Gotchya.

Sounds like full looting is pretty rare, but happens enough that a newbie can find out what it means to be full looted. Sounds about the right balance to me.

I'd sure be curious to know who is going around full looting folks that wear fine leather and blue armor.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #114375 Previous topic | Next topic