Subject: "(DELETED) [NEXUS] Urgraj Pahwnel the Whirlwind of Claws..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #114246
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 10-Apr-13 05:28 PM
Member since 28th Sep 2024
17190 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#114246, "(DELETED) [NEXUS] Urgraj Pahwnel the Whirlwind of Claws and Teeth, Rhyme of Resistance"

Wed Apr 10 15:27:17 2013

At 1 o'clock PM, Day of the Sun, 27th of the Month of the Battle
on the Theran calendar Urgraj perished, never to return.

Race:felar
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:NEXUS, Nexus, Seekers of Balance
Hours:173

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Time to let it go, Raj (Anonymous), 12-Apr-13 07:24 PM, #11
Reply RE: Time to let it go, Falcorix (Anonymous), 12-Apr-13 08:23 PM, #13
Reply You made Nexus look like a good idea. NT, Kraldinor (Anonymous), 12-Apr-13 11:07 PM, #14
Reply Well, that's a real ####ty cheapshot. , Arratok (Anonymous), 12-Apr-13 11:27 PM, #15
     Reply A small concession, Raj (Anonymous), 13-Apr-13 03:40 AM, #16
          Reply Why not?, sezdral, 13-Apr-13 04:02 AM, #17
Reply Knew who this was as soon as I saw the last name., TMNS, 12-Apr-13 01:37 PM, #8
Reply Who is it? nt, xrus, 12-Apr-13 03:05 PM, #9
Reply I will miss the fights., Ekaerok (Anonymous), 12-Apr-13 08:30 AM, #3
Reply Heh, Falcorix (Anonymous), 12-Apr-13 09:56 AM, #4
     Reply RE: Heh, Ekaerok (Anonymous), 12-Apr-13 10:06 AM, #5
          Reply RE: Heh, Falcorix (Anonymous), 12-Apr-13 10:17 AM, #6
               Reply RE: Heh, Ekaerok (Anonymous), 12-Apr-13 11:08 AM, #7
                    Reply RE: Heh, Falcorix (Anonymous), 12-Apr-13 03:52 PM, #10
Reply RE: (DELETED) [NEXUS] Urgraj Pahwnel the Whirlwind of C..., Mylene (Anonymous), 12-Apr-13 07:57 AM, #2
Reply RE: (DELETED) [NEXUS] Urgraj Pahwnel the Whirlwind of C..., Raj (Anonymous), 12-Apr-13 07:31 PM, #12
Reply You had balls, Nyst (Anonymous), 10-Apr-13 08:14 PM, #1

Raj (Anonymous)Fri 12-Apr-13 07:24 PM
Charter member
#114284, "Time to let it go"
In response to Reply #0

I was very close to condeath(6 con) and had cut drastically back on the prepping once I hit 9 con but I just wasn't dying fast enough. Nexus is fun, but also very draining. I'm a fast paced player, I like to keep stay on the move and stay active and after we lay the beatdown on hero Battle and midbie battle wasn't ranking up very fast, things just seemed to always be balanced.

Outlander usually swung the scales but they were very frustrating to fight in that they weren't going to fight out of the maze/cabal that heavily favors them. I don't blame them for that, it's just frustrating to deal with. They're probably one of the hardest cabals, in my opinion, to deal with when opposition is present. I'd even take a defended Empire, maybe even with a healer, over a well-stocked Outtie defense.

This all led to boredom and subsequently my deletion.

Urgraj was built to fight svirf/dwarf ragers. (Axe/mace)/flail specs without much base dex. And boy oh boy did my build work against those. A whirlwind dagger spec with enough HP to eat a pincer or two while you get the maledicts off is their worst nightmare. Sadly, there actually weren't many of those around and the ones who did appear didn't stick around very long. Instead I was dealing with a healthy amount of entwine/cry/flurry builds with no_disarm swords. This was literally the worst thing for Urgraj. Sword beats dagger in a straight melee most of the time and spear isn't beating a flurry spec when you're entwined and can't flee.

I adapted and got craftier, managing to be a threat to Arratok/Brakrar/Gruna/Kurbrawn etc. but they were the warrior type I was weakest to. Once I got in the flow though, there were very few hero warriors who I didn't think I had a shot against.

I'll reply to individual goodbyes, but I don't really have it in me to list everyone I interacted with. As an active nexan hero, you basically interact with everyone at one point or another.

A quick note on the Falcorix/Ekaerok discussion below, re: Falcorix working me over.

That fight still bothers the hell out of me in that the Parry Anything edge blocked a silly amount of hurls/hamstrings.

I'm fairly certain I could have handled Falcorix, especially once I aged a bit and my skills had some time to mature(I refuse to spam prac anything with any of my characters, it's a total waste of time, in my opinion, and is vastly overrated.)

Ekaerok I was wary of, I knew how strong you were but I think that given a straight up fight on neutral terms I could have handled you more or less. That said, I also think Ekaerok could have equally killed me on neutral terms. It would depend on a few things.

One thing I was sad about was the total lack of solo fighting at the hero ranks. The Outtie/Arratok gank I suffered a couple days back was disgusting on everyone's part. I bit my tongue there. Arratok calling blood while two outties entwine/ambush me over the duergar was just bleh.

Oshui gets an exemption here because he would come at me solo all the damn time. I'm sure others did too, but by and large people just don't roll around solo throwing down at the hero ranks.

Other than that, this was a fairly enjoyable character. I'm sure I'll be back around in time.

Falcorix (Anonymous)Fri 12-Apr-13 08:23 PM
Charter member
#114287, "RE: Time to let it go"
In response to Reply #11

Heh I spent some time working up spear and dagger just to fight you, and tried to keep my missed commands to a minimum, I got legacy raped first time we met, by spamming north slower than you guys, my thoughts on the parry anything rate, seemed like flourintine affects it, and also the defensive element of STSF but I dunno.

Kraldinor (Anonymous)Fri 12-Apr-13 11:07 PM
Charter member
#114292, "You made Nexus look like a good idea. NT"
In response to Reply #11

NT

Arratok (Anonymous)Fri 12-Apr-13 11:27 PM
Charter member
#114294, "Well, that's a real ####ty cheapshot. "
In response to Reply #11

99.9% of the time I have zero contact with any Outlanders, that time included.

I was always 100% willing to fight you alone, at any point in time. Saying that me calling blood fighting you with outlander helping me is a ####ing cheapshot and you know it. How dare you even attempt to slander my #### with talk of pull#### ganks. I can't begin to count the number of times you jumped me 3-4 or more on 1 and how many times the outlanders would hit me not you or whoever else it was.

The PBF's can speak for it when all is said and done.
Don't throw away the tiny bit of respect I have by bad mouthing on the forums.

Thanks, and for the record I have zero intention of having an argument about it. I am still an active character, and am not looking to drag myself through the mud in a petty forum squabble, but I just felt compelled to say something after that blatant pot shot.

Raj (Anonymous)Sat 13-Apr-13 03:40 AM
Charter member
#114298, "A small concession"
In response to Reply #15

That was meant as a cheapshot to the outties, I think they should have joined in on ganking you if anything, over prioritizing me.

IIRC, you called blood prior to their arrival(when it was a 1v1), and you are right, you were always willing to throw down solo.

See it as you will, that wasn't meant as a shot at you though. I had a healthy amount of respect for Arratok, regardless of our gear squabbles.

sezdralSat 13-Apr-13 04:02 AM
Member since 02nd Oct 2010
88 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#114300, "Why not?"
In response to Reply #16

I wasn't there, but ganging you down before you quaff seems like the right thing to do since the cabals are at war. Not as if they couldn't kill a thirsting rager afterwards - he wasn't going to go anywhere I would think. On the other hand the #### that other(multiple) cabals pull on solo outties is worse I assure you that.

I wouldn't throw out names but I've been on the receiving end of 7v1 gangs comprising of members from 4 cabals, which *should* be fighting each other instead of me, all coming to outtie cabal area to pick me off. Obviously they weren't grouped up (the different cabals), but it just made me lol.

TMNSFri 12-Apr-13 01:37 PM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#114278, "Knew who this was as soon as I saw the last name."
In response to Reply #0

Keep playing mo'fugga, even if I am not

PS Get some new naming styles son!

xrusFri 12-Apr-13 03:05 PM
Member since 13th May 2011
318 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#114280, "Who is it? nt"
In response to Reply #8

Hmm?

Ekaerok (Anonymous)Fri 12-Apr-13 08:30 AM
Charter member
#114272, "I will miss the fights."
In response to Reply #0

The official record went decidedly one-way, but if I would have sat still and gave you the fights you wanted they would have heavily favored you.

Falcorix (Anonymous)Fri 12-Apr-13 09:56 AM
Charter member
#114274, "Heh"
In response to Reply #3

I disagree, you are pretty much the Urgraj anti-build and given the ease with which I raped him, when escape/hide is an option I see little victory for Raj there. On the other hand he did RAPE the #### out of my villager.... swings and roundabouts on that build. Also ####ing jesus is this player rapid, and always exactly where you don't want him to be....

Ekaerok (Anonymous)Fri 12-Apr-13 10:06 AM
Charter member
#114275, "RE: Heh"
In response to Reply #4

Meant more about straight up fights, like the arena where he gained the advantage.

Falcorix (Anonymous)Fri 12-Apr-13 10:17 AM
Charter member
#114276, "RE: Heh"
In response to Reply #5

I was pretty disappointed we didn't get clean run at each other once you were hero, both sphere death right? Tournament came at a bad time for me or we might have settled it there, but I doubt it. Shame Arials int is gimped now, no more STSF arials for me I think

Ekaerok (Anonymous)Fri 12-Apr-13 11:08 AM
Charter member
#114277, "RE: Heh"
In response to Reply #6

Yes, same sphere it would seem. The difference maker in an arial vs wood-elf sword match is the iron, which even when I prepped heavily was problematic. I think I did better later on than the log where you almost destroyed me in one flurry though.

Falcorix (Anonymous)Fri 12-Apr-13 03:52 PM
Charter member
#114281, "RE: Heh"
In response to Reply #7

In our more recent fights I wasn't using iron, some lowbie assassin looted my good iron sword I tend to prep fairly lightly its only when you realise the other guy is dropping aura and shield on you that you need to stock up. Damn thieves robbing all my inventory, vexatious...

Mylene (Anonymous)Fri 12-Apr-13 07:57 AM
Charter member
#114270, "RE: (DELETED) [NEXUS] Urgraj Pahwnel the Whirlwind of C..."
In response to Reply #0

Boo on this, just booo! You were awesome and I will miss travelling with you.

--Mylene

Raj (Anonymous)Fri 12-Apr-13 07:31 PM
Charter member
#114286, "RE: (DELETED) [NEXUS] Urgraj Pahwnel the Whirlwind of C..."
In response to Reply #2

The love is mutual. You were so on top of everything, I really can't thank you enough. When you were around Urgraj was transformed into a wrecking ball.

I hope you appreciated the little things I tried to do to show that I wasn't just a combat-driven madman. (I'm still so proud about that rescue in Balator)

Next time!

Nyst (Anonymous)Wed 10-Apr-13 08:14 PM
Charter member
#114249, "You had balls"
In response to Reply #0

Prowling around, always ready to throw down, I enjoyed all our fights
especially the last one, where you clearly had my number even though
I ####ed up in the beginning, it was intense!

If you used a different dagger at the end you probably would have killed me.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #114246 Previous topic | Next topic