Subject: "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Cand the Grand Master of Artistry,..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #113892
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 12-Mar-13 12:16 AM
Member since 28th Sep 2024
17190 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#113892, "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Cand the Grand Master of Artistry, Cardinal of the Golden Sun"

Mon Mar 11 22:14:56 2013

At 11 o'clock AM, Day of Thunder, 31st of the Month of the Old Forces
on the Theran calendar Cand perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:bard
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:173

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

RayihnTue 12-Mar-13 11:37 AM
Member since 08th Oct 2006
1147 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#113898, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Cand the Grand Master of Artis..."
In response to Reply #0

This was not really what I had in mind when I leadered you. What happened? Just fizzled out?

wareagleTue 12-Mar-13 07:08 PM
Member since 19th Aug 2007
201 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#113901, "You have no idea how much you've been on my mind haha."
In response to Reply #1

I really owe you and Padwei and Andi so much.

I've just now got back some time to playing and it's really hard to pull off the hey I've been gone two months but here I am! We had a baby in October and despite not taking any credit for taking real care of her(my wife does a great job), I find myself spending a lot of time with the baby. Also, work has been very consuming timewise. So I wouldn't say fizzle from lack of character interest, just didn't think I had any credibility coming back in. In hindsight, I would have just deleted when I foresaw all this, but it was always a matter of I'll set aside x amount of time to CF, and then something comes up.

Again, thanks for giving me a shot. I wrote that missive and as soon as I sent it I felt like an idiot. You should know that Cand was a real joke. I couldn't for the life of me RP what an Acolyte should be. On one occasion, Kelnith(fire rager warrior) had riled me up enough that I ran into a room where he was fighting a Tribunal Paladin and fiended the suckers. It was such a headslapping moment and I had quite a few of them. Good is a tougher job than people think, Acolyte is a real challenge(having now seen them in action I have a whole new respect).

So basically the last two months(at least) I've been fairly inactive and I shouldn't have asked for the spot in the first place, but I certainly didn't deserve to hold on to it.

This is the second leader I've had in a row like this, Dhavna ended up the same way.

Allies/enemies, it was great all around. I found myself actually missing the Villagers that began the conflict even though I couldn't stand them as I was ranking up. Dwarf bard, you're def. the guy I'm thinking about.

Andira, you really are something else. The energy you put into it really sets the bar for me now. Thanks for everything.

RayihnWed 13-Mar-13 12:59 PM
Member since 08th Oct 2006
1147 posts
#113908, "Spend time with that baby!"
In response to Reply #2

Completely understand all the reasons you'd stop playing - spend as much time with that baby as you can because TRUST ME before you know it that sweet little angel will be glaring at you and going "NO! I'm NOT a contrary child!!".

I'm sure I'll see you in the Fort again when you have time to play.

TwistWed 13-Mar-13 02:35 PM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
#113910, "Congrats on your new arrival (nt)"
In response to Reply #2

Evred (Anonymous)Sun 07-Apr-13 04:16 PM
Charter member
#114214, "RE: You have no idea how much you've been on my mind ha..."
In response to Reply #2

I don't come around these parts often any longer, but I noticed this thread and wanted to take the time to say I really enjoyed playing with you--Cand was a major high point in Evred's daily life and subsequent role from the day we met in the Forest of NoWhere and ever onward. Nice to see you ended up leading, too!

Congrats on the baby!

Evred the Conjurer (and then Gyit the Goblin Berserker because I couldn't resist the RP opportunity :-P )

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #113892 Previous topic | Next topic