Subject: "(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Giafersy the Grey Shade on the Fiel..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #113858
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 07-Mar-13 10:00 PM
Member since 28th Sep 2024
17190 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#113858, "(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Giafersy the Grey Shade on the Field of Slaughter, Godfather of Voralian City"

Thu Mar 7 19:58:13 2013

At 12 o'clock AM, Day of the Moon, 28th of the Month of Futility
on the Theran calendar Giafersy perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:thief
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:260

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Giafersy the Grey Shade on the ..., Giafersy (Anonymous), 09-Mar-13 01:17 PM, #5
Reply Question, N b M, 09-Mar-13 02:29 PM, #6
Reply RE: Question, Gia (Anonymous), 09-Mar-13 02:33 PM, #7
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Giafersy the Grey Shade on the ..., Brizlin (Anonymous), 09-Mar-13 04:24 PM, #8
Reply Songs do work FYI, lasentia, 09-Mar-13 05:20 PM, #9
     Reply Yeah, I could have told Gia that. , TMNS, 09-Mar-13 06:13 PM, #10
Reply Gia! Damn old friend, a shade for ever more. , Arratok (Anonymous), 09-Mar-13 10:30 PM, #11
Reply Giaffer, Gredoor (Anonymous), 10-Mar-13 12:25 AM, #12
Reply Another big loss, Salpcha (Anonymous), 10-Mar-13 01:28 AM, #13
Reply Boy, you'll sure be missed. , Vallathrall (Anonymous), 10-Mar-13 04:42 PM, #14
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Giafersy the Grey Shade on the ..., Carg (Anonymous), 09-Mar-13 01:12 PM, #4
Reply Went out like a champ. :D, Pzoart (Anonymous), 09-Mar-13 10:29 AM, #3
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Giafersy the Grey Shade on the ..., Raj (Anonymous), 08-Mar-13 03:28 AM, #2
Reply Which one of the 50 shades were you?n/t, Mort, 08-Mar-13 03:22 AM, #1

Giafersy (Anonymous)Sat 09-Mar-13 01:17 PM
Charter member
#113871, "RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Giafersy the Grey Shade on the ..."
In response to Reply #0

Thanks for all the interactions that I had with this character. In general, I was trying to do my part
in the village and help the younger ones as I could, and teach a few things in the process.

Battle:

Thror: I am not sure if you could have timed it better, but I appreciate you making me a Veteran when you did
as it greatly improved my morale (as I was contemplating deleting then), and kept me playing and trying to
be more influential.

Arratok: Great Job as a Commander, and I always appreciate a Commander not afraid to mix things up. I tried
to stir up the troops while you were gone, but figured I needed to do what I often did and just lead by example.

Briz: Keep up the good work.

Zadeel: Loved when our times would mix (minus when you had connection issues). You are a well played character
and like running around with you.

Salpcha: Another villager that made things fun. I was really impressed when you and I could take down the Nexan
Guardians without having to rest a few, and that was without a defender.

Vall: Keep up the good work and the nice presence.

Gredoor: You were a good Drillmaster, and shame you deleted early. Figured you would of got a spot on the pillar
if you played it all the way out.

Bosephus: You were a beast, and I like the Underdark talk. I found it rather refreshing to hear people called
cavefishers and what not.

Nexans:

Blink dog (can't remember your out of form name) : Damn I hated you, but was always a fun fight.

Raj: Those traps are not as near as deadly as I could have made for you if I used "tainted" ones. But man you had
a good habit of getting the tar out of me with and without others.

In general, I enjoyed the fights with the Nexans whether I lost or
won, I tried to be a good sport about it.

Scions:

Vulture/Eel - Good fights. I always had to be weary on the water, since more than likely you were waiting for me.

Zhenyen - Only got to fight you that one time in the forest when I was blinded by the fog or what not on entering
and didn't even realize I was fighting you until it was pretty much over.

Empire:

Fuarg: My trapper friend. I hope I taught you a few things, as I imagine your traps will be much more deadlier than
mine. Good luck in Empire. Then Empire went to war so the experimenting had to end.

Duraskander (sp?) : Only real time that we faught was my last death, and truth be told I could of fled, but I at least
wanted to put up one last fight.

I am sure I missed a crapload of people, as I tried to interact with many that I could.

Battle Trapper Thief:

Rites suck as a trapper thief as the traps don't work and apparently the blister didn't either, which made
whoever had me at a disadvantage in the team fights.

I was hoping to see if playing a trapper battle thief was viable, but it seems most of the good traps that
I used on my other thief were "tainted" which pretty much makes playing a battle thief not as good as I hoped.
Some of those I figured were, just seems the really good ones weren't. So Raj, it could have been worse.

I knew better than to pick pepper dust again but when I get Devious Versatility, I figured "why not" and see
if it ever got improved since getting severely crippled during my last trapper thiefs reign.

It seems that whenever a trap kills someone, you don't get credit for the PK. Or at least that is what I assume
since whenever a trap killed someone I could not trophy the corpse.

N b MSat 09-Mar-13 02:29 PM
Member since 29th Sep 2005
444 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#113872, "Question"
In response to Reply #5

Did to turn off 'trustcabal' for the rites? I would think that would make you traps work on everyone.

Gia (Anonymous)Sat 09-Mar-13 02:33 PM
Charter member
#113873, "RE: Question"
In response to Reply #6

Turned off all trusts.

Thror said it wouldn't have any affect.

Brizlin (Anonymous)Sat 09-Mar-13 04:24 PM
Charter member
#113874, "RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Giafersy the Grey Shade on the ..."
In response to Reply #5

Man this bums me out. But I'm glad you con died. We didn't talk enough and that was my fault but I really like you. I knew in the Rites you would be the tide turner and you did so well even though you traps weren't working. That's going t be my Santa Zulg next year to somehow make traps and dusts and songs work. Thanks for doing the scouts work. It shows dedication and class and I hope dome of the others pick up the torch from you. Great character.

lasentiaSat 09-Mar-13 05:20 PM
Member since 27th Apr 2010
987 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#113876, "Songs do work FYI"
In response to Reply #8

YOu have to turn off trust cabal, but it works.
The problem in the first round would be spectators, so Thror made it so the other ragers "Stood clear" so that I could fight and move, which means they didn't get to watch.

For ther other part, using trust group only works well enough.

But that does stink about trappers.

TMNSSat 09-Mar-13 06:13 PM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#113877, "Yeah, I could have told Gia that. "
In response to Reply #9

Me and Flaaayin went into the rites once to test out some things. He told me traps didn't work in there (and basically told me that if we had a rites that he would be less powerful than he should).

Sucks.

By chance was this Otuerghad?

Arratok (Anonymous)Sat 09-Mar-13 10:30 PM
Charter member
#113880, "Gia! Damn old friend, a shade for ever more. "
In response to Reply #5

I honestly could not say enough, to praise the character and what you did for the village.

I am glad Thror got involved and made you a Veteran. It was well deserved and I started to almost feel you having some pain's with the drag of battle and the char and that was like a spark and you really came alive and were such a huge part of what the village was from that point on. Not that you weren't prior but it really felt like the char had a brand new skip in their step and because you had been grinding it out so much I was really happy to see you rewarded.

I really enjoyed just traveling around with you and the down time when there wasn't eminent raids. I get a huge feeling that a lot of people only measure villagers by what they accomplish PK stat wise. No one seems to see anything besides numbers, and you did.

I am sad to come back to this, and I wish I could have been there for the end.

All and all you were an amazing ally, friend, and villager, you had the guts to stick it out till the end unlike just about everyone, and you really had a solid run. I would love to see you on the pillar or a Gia mob lurking around the village.

Thanks for sticking it out, and thanks for being a huge part of Arratok's life.

Take care, and good luck in the fields.

Gredoor (Anonymous)Sun 10-Mar-13 12:25 AM
Charter member
#113881, "Giaffer"
In response to Reply #5

I liked you a lot lot lot. You were an amazing effective thief despite being a battle trapper. You made raids/defenses so much more manageable and you really knew your stuff. When I saw Thror talking to you, I knew you were the real deal and after that I had a ton of respect for you. I loved emptying my bank account to see what kind of whacky/devastating traps you would come up with.

You were a great asset to the Village and I was lucky to interact with you.

Thank you for the compliment about the pillar, I will respectfully disagree as I think the pillar should be reserved for characters who were under a lot more difficult strain than I was. People on the pillar have to shape the village for countless hours to come and shape the mud for the better, something Gredoor was far far away from doing.

Salpcha (Anonymous)Sun 10-Mar-13 01:28 AM
Charter member
#113882, "Another big loss"
In response to Reply #5

Now I see why you were wondering if you would see the Commander again. Thought very highly of you even if I did come into the scene there at the end. It was a blast running with you and I wish we could have gone longer. But knowing you that little amount of time, I knew you wouldn't back down from anything and I'll try and keep that spirit alive.

Good luck with your next.

Vallathrall (Anonymous)Sun 10-Mar-13 04:42 PM
Charter member
#113883, "Boy, you'll sure be missed. "
In response to Reply #5

I talked to you all the time and obviously highly esteemed you IC. Giafersy was a true example of the villager Vallathall prays he will turn into. Pure courage, never scared, yet always tactful.

Ah beh alreadeh bloody missin' yeh Shade.

Carg (Anonymous)Sat 09-Mar-13 01:12 PM
Charter member
#113870, "RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Giafersy the Grey Shade on the ..."
In response to Reply #0

Yar! There was nothing like running face first into your traps right south of the eye, only to know you and some bff was coming up there a few moments later and often it was just ol' Carg to tank with his face. Well played, sir!

Pzoart (Anonymous)Sat 09-Mar-13 10:29 AM
Charter member
#113868, "Went out like a champ. :D"
In response to Reply #0

I liked Giafersy when I fought him, even though it wasn't often. Those traps were nasty.

Raj (Anonymous)Fri 08-Mar-13 03:28 AM
Charter member
#113862, "RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Giafersy the Grey Shade on the ..."
In response to Reply #0

Thank god. I cannot stand traps, they ruin my day. Your ability to drop -20 str/dex for 15+ hours, not to mention the bleeding and hard hitting poison. It was nasty. You put fear into me more than any other rager and there was a reason I prioritized you over anyone else.

Well done, I'm certainly breathing easier now.

MortFri 08-Mar-13 03:22 AM
Member since 23rd Jan 2006
194 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#113860, "Which one of the 50 shades were you?n/t"
In response to Reply #0

Ha ha, oh I kill me. Couldn't help it, sorry.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #113858 Previous topic | Next topic