Subject: "(DELETED) [BATTLE] Gredoor Telltinacia the Mortiferous ..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #113708
Show all folders

Death_AngelSun 24-Feb-13 11:20 AM
Member since 28th Sep 2024
17190 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#113708, "(DELETED) [BATTLE] Gredoor Telltinacia the Mortiferous Litholurgist, Drillmaster of Battle"

Sun Feb 24 09:18:34 2013

At 6 o'clock PM, Day of the Great Gods, 19th of the Month of the Frost Giant
on the Theran calendar Gredoor perished, never to return.

Race:svirfnebli
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:305

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Big loss for Village, Salpcha (Anonymous), 24-Feb-13 12:29 PM, #3
Reply RE: Big loss for Village, Brizlin (Anonymous), 24-Feb-13 01:32 PM, #4
Reply Big gulps huh?, Gredoor (Anonymous), 24-Feb-13 11:45 AM, #1
     Reply Thank you for everything!, Eloril (Anonymous), 24-Feb-13 12:00 PM, #2
     Reply RE: Big gulps huh?, Raj (Anonymous), 24-Feb-13 02:36 PM, #5
     Reply I should sue for the cost of all the polearms of mine y..., Urses (Anonymous), 24-Feb-13 02:49 PM, #6
     Reply RE: Big gulps huh?, Tinwold (Anonymous), 24-Feb-13 03:28 PM, #7
     Reply RE: Big gulps huh?, Carg (Anonymous), 24-Feb-13 07:04 PM, #8
     Reply Damn you!, Mylene (Anonymous), 25-Feb-13 10:32 AM, #9
     Reply I thought you were one of the good ones. Big blow to th..., Gamarik (Anonymous), 25-Feb-13 12:38 PM, #10
     Reply Gutted. , Arratok (Anonymous), 25-Feb-13 10:53 PM, #11
     Reply Sod it!, Ysaloerye, 26-Feb-13 02:44 PM, #12

Salpcha (Anonymous)Sun 24-Feb-13 12:29 PM
Charter member
#113712, "Big loss for Village"
In response to Reply #0

You were a constant presence in the village that I will sorely miss. And thank you again for all your words for me before I was ever inducted. I knew patience and mage kills would get me in eventually but I know you had a part in it too. I'll try to keep the axe murdering up to where it should be. Good character

Brizlin (Anonymous)Sun 24-Feb-13 01:32 PM
Charter member
#113713, "RE: Big loss for Village"
In response to Reply #3

Man I liked you. Alot. Its a big loss to the Village but a bigger one to CF. I hope you take some time away and reconsider coming back. This was a GREAT character.

Gredoor (Anonymous)Sun 24-Feb-13 11:45 AM
Charter member
#113709, "Big gulps huh?"
In response to Reply #0

Gredoor was a blast up until the last 30 or so hours. AS always, the Rites were amazing.

The build: Axe/flail Soul/flow defender. Axe is great as many of you can attest to, whip/flail is very strong as well. Entwine didnt net me as many kills as I thought it would, but I think it scared people more than anything.

Defender path is so so so so so underutilized. People always want call bloodthirst and DB and sure its amazing, but I am 100% sure I would have never achieved Mageslayer as a berserker.

Soul=200 hp and was more role based than anything. Flow.... I'm not sure what to say about flow. When it fires its really nice, when it fires against someone's move its amazing. BUT when it doesnt fire at all during 10-15 rounds of combat it is really disappointing. I probably should have gone space (having strip/weaponbreak) or another legacy.

The goal of the build was to basically set up shop in enemy cabals and whittle them down with field dressing/high hp and taking their weapons out of the fight. It worked really well in some cases. And very poorly in others. I hope the IMMs take a serious look at the Nexus inners. They are absolutely ridiculous to raid against. Theres time where I would walk out with -27 str and -27 dex or just straight up die when the transfigurist would go berserk and disrupt for oblits/demos 5 rounds in a row. Also having them repop mid raid and kill you is just... bleh.

I deleted because I lost my cool and punched my laptop screen and freaked out my gf. Honestly, this is it for me and CF. I am growing up (physically anyway) and I think its time to step away from a game that I love because of the immense emotional investment I sometimes put in. Thanks to everyone and especially the IMMs for making an incredibly addicting and enjoyable computer breaking game.

Folks:
ysal: I loved you as a mortal (I was Lerimos) and you are so so awesome as an IMM. I can't believe more people don't follow you. Absolute travesty. I was very honored to have the tattoo but MAN did that thing destroy me. It killed me more than it saved me and it was a pretty heavy burden to which I almost didn't want it to go off.

Not sure who else I saw in IMMville except THror for the Rites. The rites are amazing, I have been lucky to participate in probably 7 of them and they blow my mind every time.

Battle:
Arratok: I like you. At first I was pretty iffy, but I think you have developed extremely well into a capable and well thought out leader.
Aiala: I dont know why, but I like you. Maybe its because when you die you take everything in stride, nothing seems to get you that upset. You have a great build.
Zadeel: Flipside of Aiala, you freak out upon deaths and were a marginal defender. Might be the role but I really disliked the trash talk and calling everyone cowards.

Nexus:
Mylene/Tinwold: I'll lump you two together because I liked you both immensely. Bold, suicidal and very skilled. Tinwold you went from a free frag to someone who knows their build very well and would consistently shift battlefield dynamic. So damn you for that

Olthundor: You were strong from the beginning and you are very strong at hero ranks. We had some great scraps that ended up with you escaping or me dying.

Empire: Glad you guys are back.

SCion: Just fought the Chancellor and Advisor a few times.

Zhenyen: W t F are with those elementals and nightgaunts? My god... tore me up.

Burry: I dont know how you don't have a quest form. You had very creepy RP which I thoroughly enjoyed. PK however was a different story. Having had vulture, you make it look good, but man whenever I knew you were on I was going to get a) ganked at nexus or b) ganked while I was near death somewhere.

There are some people I forgot or didn't mention. The reason is, I don't have anything nice to say about some people and frankly, don't enjoy starting flame wars over trivial BS.

Eloril (Anonymous)Sun 24-Feb-13 12:00 PM
Charter member
#113711, "Thank you for everything!"
In response to Reply #1

You were absolutely great. I loved your RP.
Thank you for taking some time with me: Zadeel's help and your advice really making a difference.

I still don't know what's going on with the induction..but eh..stiff upper lip and soldier on, right?

Emotional investment: I used to think I couldn't be emotionally invested into anything on CF except the death thread, and then I had a bad death thread that put me off for a year...I think Buddhist philosophy is where it's at

Take care, calm down, and I'm hoping there's a next some time along the way.

Raj (Anonymous)Sun 24-Feb-13 02:36 PM
Charter member
#113715, "RE: Big gulps huh?"
In response to Reply #1

I really, really liked you.

I'm sorry about those last couple of deaths. I prepped up a decent amount to face you, maybe more than was necessary. But it was just because I knew that you weren't anything to sneeze at.

-Raj

Urses (Anonymous)Sun 24-Feb-13 02:49 PM
Charter member
#113718, "I should sue for the cost of all the polearms of mine y..."
In response to Reply #1

Real solid, very present, all and all an impressive rager. You made Defender work and work well. We fought tons of times and usually one of us had to run off. Last one though you were really in your stride and even with my lieutenants you were tough, very tough.

--Urses

Tinwold (Anonymous)Sun 24-Feb-13 03:28 PM
Charter member
#113725, "RE: Big gulps huh?"
In response to Reply #1

Man, I'm really sad to see you leaving! I REALLY enjoyed our fights and thanks for the compliment on the goodbyes. I dreaded fighting you at first and after that time in Blackclaw, I have been gunning for you to test myself.

Fantastic enemy and if you ever do come back, CF will be better for it.

Carg (Anonymous)Sun 24-Feb-13 07:04 PM
Charter member
#113735, "RE: Big gulps huh?"
In response to Reply #7

Sad to see that you left on terms other than con death with full honors. I fought a lot of ragers, but you always stuck out as impressive amongst weeds.

Mylene (Anonymous)Mon 25-Feb-13 10:32 AM
Charter member
#113737, "Damn you!"
In response to Reply #1

I liked you even with you getting me kicked out of the Inn and that damn disembowel. I believe that being a whip spec at the village will keep most everyone away unless you have some tricks to deal with the entwine.

I thought your build worked as expected and that is one of the things I currently do not like about the raiding dynamic. When you were there other villagers could throw themselves up against the Inners, die, run back and unghost at the Inners and keep on going.

As for your thoughts on the Inners it's a crapshoot. There are times they can pump out a lot of damage, and there are times where there is nothing. One other thing to know is that there would be times where you and Bosephus would hit the Outer, I would recall and you would be done with the Inners right as I got to the Isle. That most likely took a bunch of deathblows but all in all it is the same.

I was really looking to get to speak with you more, especially as Drillmaster, it has been some time since a villager has spoken with me as you did and it was fun.

I can understand the frustration factor, and I think that is what makes this game fun as well as frustrating. Nothing can get the blood pumping like a good PK and no other game I have played has come close to that rush.

--Mylene

Gamarik (Anonymous)Mon 25-Feb-13 12:38 PM
Charter member
#113738, "I thought you were one of the good ones. Big blow to th..."
In response to Reply #1

no texts.

Arratok (Anonymous)Mon 25-Feb-13 10:53 PM
Charter member
#113743, "Gutted. "
In response to Reply #1

This is a massive loss for the village.
I am really sad to see you go man.

I loved Gredoor. Having you around was a great bit of fun man.
I tried to keep it fresh and make it fun and interesting.
I hope that you had fun interacting.
We didn't always see eye to eye but I thought we had a pretty solid relationship as leaders, and prior.

I am sorry to hear about the frustration bleeding into RL.
Lately its been a total gank fest of villagers from all sides so I totally understand. I am glad though knowing that your decision is for the betterment of RL stuff.

Lerimos, doesn't surprise me at all.
Hopefully the girl doesn't get too upset with you.
It's ok to be passionate about things you put this much time into.
I am sure you will make it up to her and she will forget all about it.

Take care man, hopefully everything from here on out is less stressful!!

It was an absolute pleasure to play along side you.

YsaloeryeTue 26-Feb-13 02:44 PM
Member since 09th Apr 2006
315 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#113754, "Sod it!"
In response to Reply #1

Sad to see you go.
It took a little while for you to finally 'get' the Mason's take on the religion, and I'm glad you did. I think your work in the cavern is quite possibly one of the best so far.
As far as the Tattoo goes, I think after seeing how much it got you in trouble that I'm going to get some recoding done on it. Also I need to change how it gives you some of the special sauce as a couple of other followers have also gotten leader positions which need specific Aliases set. So as baneful as it was, thanks for bringing it to light.
Loved me some Lerimos back in the day, and Gredoor really grew on me.
Take some time away, get your laptop fixed (I hope it wasn't your GF's laptop) and if you decide to come back in a more casual way try the Smith's path in my religion, its also kinda cool. I promise to have the tat fixed by then.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #113708 Previous topic | Next topic