Subject: "(DELETED) [None] Viranzel Lievest the Hand of An Immort..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #113524
Show all folders

Death_AngelFri 15-Feb-13 07:21 PM
Member since 28th Sep 2024
17190 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#113524, "(DELETED) [None] Viranzel Lievest the Hand of An Immortal"

Thu Feb 14 22:13:53 2013

At 9 o'clock PM, Day of Thunder, 3rd of the Month of the Dragon
on the Theran calendar Viranzel perished, never to return.

Race:half-drow
Class:shaman
Level:47
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:97

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply This sucks..., Brizlin (Anonymous), 15-Feb-13 10:06 PM, #21
Reply Good fights we had, Wujin (Anonymous), 15-Feb-13 09:30 PM, #20
Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Viranzel Lievest the Hand of An Im..., Viranzel (Anonymous), 15-Feb-13 12:28 AM, #19
     Reply You were cool, In fact very cool., JohnEveryMan, 15-Feb-13 01:12 AM, #1
     Reply RE: You were cool, In fact very cool., Viranzel (Anonymous), 15-Feb-13 03:56 PM, #9
     Reply Great char, GLWYN, Eloril (Anonymous), 15-Feb-13 02:05 AM, #2
     Reply RE: Great char, GLWYN, Viranzel (Anonymous), 15-Feb-13 03:58 PM, #10
          Reply RE: Great char, GLWYN, Eloril (Anonymous), 15-Feb-13 05:55 PM, #17
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Viranzel Lievest the Hand of An Im..., Duraskandr (Anonymous), 15-Feb-13 06:29 AM, #3
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Viranzel Lievest the Hand of An Im..., Viranzel (Anonymous), 15-Feb-13 03:59 PM, #11
     Reply Really surprised to wake up and see this., Akresius, 15-Feb-13 06:34 AM, #4
     Reply RE: Really surprised to wake up and see this., Viranzel (Anonymous), 15-Feb-13 04:18 PM, #12
     Reply Sad to see this, incognito, 15-Feb-13 08:17 AM, #5
     Reply RE: Sad to see this, Viranzel (Anonymous), 15-Feb-13 04:20 PM, #13
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Viranzel Lievest the Hand of An Im..., Mikaeth (Anonymous), 15-Feb-13 08:31 AM, #6
     Reply I say good foe!, Gorenak (Anonymous), 15-Feb-13 12:17 PM, #7
     Reply RE: I say good foe!, Viranzel (Anonymous), 15-Feb-13 04:22 PM, #14
     Reply This is a damn shame, Gredoor (Anonymous), 15-Feb-13 01:10 PM, #8
     Reply RE: This is a damn shame, Viranzel (Anonymous), 15-Feb-13 04:23 PM, #15
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Viranzel Lievest the Hand of An Im..., Zhenyen, 15-Feb-13 04:44 PM, #16
     Reply You still owed me, Benificiary (Anonymous), 15-Feb-13 07:17 PM, #18
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Viranzel Lievest the Hand of An Im..., Uzuroq (Anonymous), 18-Feb-13 10:01 PM, #22
     Reply Where is my love?, Arestal (Anonymous), 19-Feb-13 03:27 AM, #23

Brizlin (Anonymous)Fri 15-Feb-13 10:06 PM
Charter member
#113566, "This sucks..."
In response to Reply #0

I really really dug your character. Thought you were really classy and top notch.

GLWYN

Wujin (Anonymous)Fri 15-Feb-13 09:30 PM
Charter member
#113564, "Good fights we had"
In response to Reply #0

Pity I never once got you, nor you me. And that death to the assassin was totally unexpected, never thought pure h2h could do that much damage, plus you had dispelled hardening/desensitize and I hadn't put them up.

You were a capable opponent, and it would've been enjoyable figuring out how to land the kill on you. Pity you've deleted. GLWYN.

Viranzel (Anonymous)Fri 15-Feb-13 07:21 PM
Charter member
#113525, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Viranzel Lievest the Hand of An Im..."
In response to Reply #0

This may turn into a bit of a rant and for that I apologize.

I had a really neat twisted roleplay bit going on, very selfish, extremely vindictive half-bred outcast who wanted to punish the world. Sadly I had a hell of a time catching Akresius, and I'm sort of Imm-needy when I play an empowerment character.

I caught Akresius for my first empowerment pretty easily, but had to wait about 50 hours to catch him again. The upside to that was that I became extremely adept at mid-rank shaman pk.

I already had basic shaman pk chops down after playing Ezgrint, but I really learned some new tactics with Viranzel. Viranzel was a different breed than Ezgrint was, too. Not nearly as hearty or able to 'hang in there', but much more suited to the rest-return hit and run style of fighting. I'm not sure what Viranzel's PKpH was, but frmo about hours 15-70 all I did was PK, and I wouldn't be surprised if I was averaging almost 2 pks an hour.

I also dealt with a lot of sore losers and people bitching over my killing them. Yes, I was murderous, but I was very open to roleplay, didn't multikill unless my hand was forced, and didn't loot anything I didn't need to. Hell, on more than one occasion I left the guy with better gear than he had when I killed him as a gesture of respect and to sort of fit in with the Akresius religion. So that sort of soured me on the rampant pking, which was otherwise quite fun.

Two things killed this character,

1) I was at 100 hours old and had basically been told by Team Scion that while I looked the part, acted the part, and met all their qualifications, they'd much rather have their current outfit than let some new blood in. This is despite writing three semi-lengthy notes to Scion outlining my research path, helping Scions nearly all the time, and often being the only one awake and trying to defend when people would raid.

It really rubs me the wrong way that as a character who tried to RP, was on the upper side of competent in PK, and waited damn near 100 hours couldn't even get the time of day from Team Scion. I was praying about twice a day to the Imms plus jumping through whatever hoops Zhenyen and Buereunus asked. Zhenyen wouldn't even reply to me until semi-recently, which was annoying.

2) I couldn't catch Akresius again to save my life and I was feeling as if I was missing the boat or like I was the red-headed stepchild. I tried praying at all times of the day, as my schedule is fairly malleable, all to no avail.

Anyway, Nerplunkt, Mikaeth, Uzuroq, and Yegreg. You four were the only allies I really had and I liked all of you.

To the lowbie that grabbed my girdle tonight, I knew before then that I was likely going to delete. You helped me pull the trigger though. Prep girdles are something that are just absolutely integral, I'd rather lose all my gear than miss out on my prep girdle. Combine that with my set being picked away piece by piece with the above frustrations and Viranzel was becoming much more of a chore to play than I like CF to be. In the end I pulled the trigger because I don't think I could have kept the stoic Viranzel/Akresius RP up much longer with my frustrations building and I didn't want to sour mine or anyone else's experience.

Thanks to everyone involved. The PBF might be interested RE: Imm comments + the pk aspect, though I might not have been quite as deathful as I thought.

JohnEveryManFri 15-Feb-13 01:12 AM
Member since 25th Aug 2012
247 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#113526, "You were cool, In fact very cool."
In response to Reply #19

Indeed, your father was an ice cube and your mother a freezer.

You summoned me into that locked room and you were promptly bashed down... And then you talked with me! Hooray! And then not long after
completely destroyed me. #### blind, for the record.

And so that was about the extent of our interactions, yet very enjoyable so thanks and I sincerely hope you have more fun next time, hopefully sticking it out longer and having better luck with it all.

Obligatory good luck with your next.

Sent from my Iphone

Viranzel (Anonymous)Fri 15-Feb-13 03:56 PM
Charter member
#113550, "RE: You were cool, In fact very cool."
In response to Reply #1

Thanks. That death to you was humbling and I really did have to put my foot in my mouth, especially after that cocky say I did right before I jumped you.

You were classy too, I liked you.

Eloril (Anonymous)Fri 15-Feb-13 02:05 AM
Charter member
#113529, "Great char, GLWYN"
In response to Reply #19

I was very unpleasantly suprised by how fast you would seem to regain mana -- dragging things out didn't seem to be of much benefit.

I wouldn't say anything more than that, except for this:

***SNIP***
I also dealt with a lot of sore losers and people bitching over my killing them. Yes, I was murderous, but I was very open to roleplay, didn't multikill unless my hand was forced, and didn't loot anything I didn't need to. Hell, on more than one occasion I left the guy with better gear than he had when I killed him as a gesture of respect and to sort of fit in with the Akresius religion. So that sort of soured me on the rampant pking, which was otherwise quite fun.
***SNIP***

Hmmm. I think you killed me for 2 con, or at least 5 times for sure, the last time chasing me down when I was trying hard to get away without starting a fight or picking the OOC way of logging out. Yes, lowbie Rager applicants are easy for shaman multikills.

The most complaining you got from me was a "Well fought."

I don't mind getting beat down, it's part of the character's RP and there's certainly a lot more beatdown waiting in the future, but I think it's possible you don't have the best interpretation of your experience. However, I really appreciated the fact that you didn't loot easy kills. I think that deserves massive kudos and appreciation. You could easily have made me spend continuous RL hours just regearing every slot.

Excellent character, and you are obviously a skilled player who is continuously improving pk skills. I don't really know or see about the more detailed RP side of things from this end.

Viranzel (Anonymous)Fri 15-Feb-13 03:58 PM
Charter member
#113551, "RE: Great char, GLWYN"
In response to Reply #2

I may have killed you five times, but it was stretched over the course of multiple days.

Overall I liked you a lot as well, as you didn't complain or display any semblance of frustration in your RP. The one thing you did that bothered me was trying to drop and sac the gear that another warrior had taken from me and given you when you knew I had you that time in the past. That was a bit petty.

Overall though I enjoyed our fights and I'm sorry if you thought I was picking on you. Elf battle is a tough row to hoe, so good luck!

Eloril (Anonymous)Fri 15-Feb-13 05:55 PM
Charter member
#113560, "RE: Great char, GLWYN"
In response to Reply #10

The situation was not clear to my char. It seemed more like he was getting hunted because he had the gear and you wanted it..not that he took it from your corpse. If I had known those specifics, I probably wouldn't even have shown up there.

Yes, I am fondly thinking about giant sword spec about 12 times a day while playing this char. It's a challenge I definitely enjoyed our fights as well and I tried every trick in this char's book, but you were smart enough to avoid them.

Duraskandr (Anonymous)Fri 15-Feb-13 06:29 AM
Charter member
#113531, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Viranzel Lievest the Hand of An Im..."
In response to Reply #19

Was hoping you'd be a counter-nemesis from the pit. Alas! We had a few good skirmishes, and you clearly knew what you were doing. GLWYN.

Viranzel (Anonymous)Fri 15-Feb-13 03:59 PM
Charter member
#113552, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Viranzel Lievest the Hand of An Im..."
In response to Reply #3

Thanks, I liked you as well. You definitely had the advantage on me and I felt like your bitch most of the times we fought. That time in Hamsah, I wonder how close you were to being out of mana? I know first hand just how big the mana pool is for empire shaman but I thought I may be running you fairly low.

And that healing curse really ####ed me over, so well played! I forgot how deadly that power can be.

AkresiusFri 15-Feb-13 06:34 AM
Member since 15th Nov 2011
280 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#113532, "Really surprised to wake up and see this."
In response to Reply #19

>2) I couldn't catch Akresius again to save my life and I was
>feeling as if I was missing the boat or like I was the
>red-headed stepchild. I tried praying at all times of the day,
>as my schedule is fairly malleable, all to no avail.

I'm sorry you felt this way because it wasn't the case. You got your first empowerment at 12 hours and your second at 62 hours, nine days later. You deleted at 97 hours five days after that. I don't think that that is an unreasonable timeframe for interaction, but I understand that some players require more frequent pats on the back to keep them going. I'm just not that type of guy.

I watched you a lot whenever I was on and liked what I saw. You're a competent player, and I enjoyed having you as a follower. You did a good job trying to spread the concept of the religion around. I liked your attitude while PKing and your RP afterwards, whether you won or lost. I'm just sorry our views on empowerment just didn't seem to mesh.

Good luck on your next!

Viranzel (Anonymous)Fri 15-Feb-13 04:18 PM
Charter member
#113553, "RE: Really surprised to wake up and see this."
In response to Reply #4

Well that makes me feel better, so thank you. And yeah, I am a needier sort of empowerment player.

If I may though, if I was on the right track, some Immexp or something could have been a good indicator. Nothing huge, but I never got any sort of pat o nthe back aside from roleexp.

Anyway, overall I enjoyed our talks and thanks for the chance.

incognitoFri 15-Feb-13 08:17 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#113533, "Sad to see this"
In response to Reply #19

We clashed before working together. I think you probably would have got into scion in time. Some observations though:

- try to avoid veiled talk of mechanics
- 100 hours... Not that much in terms of getting scion induction
- you deleting might well have been failing their test. Ask yourself, could them blowing me off be a test?

Certainly in my own experience I've just tried to enjoy my scion wannabes without the powers and eventually induction came along. Sometimes I know it's because someone else gave up and deleted too easily.

Viranzel (Anonymous)Fri 15-Feb-13 04:20 PM
Charter member
#113554, "RE: Sad to see this"
In response to Reply #5

I clashed with almost everyone I worked with, so I have a hard time placing you. As far as veiled talk of mechanics...that's not a complaint I typically get with my characters, but I'll keep it in mind.

I think 100 hours is exorbitant to expect for cabal induction, especially when the cabal is getting slapped around like they stole something. I would be much more accepting of not getting into Scion if they didn't have a laughably small presence and were kicking ass and taking names when they were online. That's just my two cents though.

Mikaeth (Anonymous)Fri 15-Feb-13 08:31 AM
Charter member
#113534, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Viranzel Lievest the Hand of An Im..."
In response to Reply #19

Thumbs up from me.

Gorenak (Anonymous)Fri 15-Feb-13 12:17 PM
Charter member
#113538, "I say good foe!"
In response to Reply #19

I will miss you. I'm sorry you didn't stick it out, as I was hoping to banter with you a bit more about what we had in common.

Those lowbie/midbie pk fights were great, curse my small frame

Anyway, I've been a fan of your chars for a while now and this was no exception.

That is what you have bootstraps for good sir! Pick yourself up by them and march on!

Viranzel (Anonymous)Fri 15-Feb-13 04:22 PM
Charter member
#113555, "RE: I say good foe!"
In response to Reply #7

Absolutely loved our banter. It was great. I wanted to drag you to Akresius's shrine and have a tag team religious talk, but sadly never got around to it. Keep doing what you're doing though, nexus needs some buff warrior types.

Gredoor (Anonymous)Fri 15-Feb-13 01:10 PM
Charter member
#113543, "This is a damn shame"
In response to Reply #19

I liked the talk we had and I did enjoy watching you battle lowbie applicants/villagers. Shaman are a very unique class and at mid ranks they can easily plow through a group of 3 using hit and run and burst damage. It is a shame you deleted, I feel like if you were able to hero you'd have gotten in and then I would be dealing with a very competent shaman + a nightwalker which would have been a very very very difficult combo.

Good luck with your next!

Viranzel (Anonymous)Fri 15-Feb-13 04:23 PM
Charter member
#113556, "RE: This is a damn shame"
In response to Reply #8

Yeah, I racked up a lot of kills on ranking groups in that exact fashion.

And maybe, you know what you're doing and a good svirf defender is one of the hardest matchups for a shaman. Svirf racial resistances make some crucial prayers a bitch to land, and a good rager is sporting outstanding saves to begin with. Couple that with poultice curing a lot of what I do...it would have been hard. I think I could have given you a run for your money, but we'll never know .

I thoroughly enjoyed our talks. Thanks for that.

You're classy as ever and do the Biddy's religion proud, a religion that I've always had a soft spot for.

ZhenyenFri 15-Feb-13 04:44 PM
Member since 09th Sep 2012
8 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#113558, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Viranzel Lievest the Hand of An Im..."
In response to Reply #19

Few things.

1. Zhenyen told you _exactly_ what was going on, if you didn't get it. Oh well I guess. I did everything short of spelling it out OOC.

2. 100 hours is nothing, Zhenyen would have had no respect for you at all had you even mentioned that. (Hint, don't mention it)

3. We are a limited # cabal. By design players cannot remove offline players. (This is to prevent a myriad of things.) So even if Zhenyen thought you were worth it, he still has to make room. (see point 1. again if you still don't get it.)

As a player this makes me both sad, and chuckle about it at the same time.

You were next in line, were anyway.

NEXT!

Benificiary (Anonymous)Fri 15-Feb-13 07:17 PM
Charter member
#113562, "You still owed me"
In response to Reply #19

A death, for having been given that sword. Damn, was looking forward to see how our interactions might play out once I ranked up a bit more.

Although it's a bit daunting to hear that you weren't a full scion, you had kind of sold me on the idea of joining up (I'd previously had uncaballed in mind)

Uzuroq (Anonymous)Mon 18-Feb-13 10:01 PM
Charter member
#113613, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Viranzel Lievest the Hand of An Im..."
In response to Reply #19

A good doctor always sees an examination through to the end!

You were a nice complement to my persona when we were together. Had great fun with you. Sorry I couldn't be there to help out in the later part of your life.

Cheers.

Arestal (Anonymous)Tue 19-Feb-13 03:27 AM
Charter member
#113616, "Where is my love?"
In response to Reply #19

I figured I might be an enigma to you, at least in my own head. Arestal liked how devoted you were to the way you did things. It just never stopped me from being me either.

Regardless, was fun interacting with you. Good luck with the next, too.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #113524 Previous topic | Next topic