Subject: "(DELETED) [BATTLE] Bosephus the Filthy Rich Gutter-Mout..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #113489
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 13-Feb-13 04:04 PM
Member since 28th Sep 2024
17190 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#113489, "(DELETED) [BATTLE] Bosephus the Filthy Rich Gutter-Mouthed Axe Murderer of the Village, Deckhand"

Wed Feb 13 14:03:09 2013

At 8 o'clock AM, Day of the Sun, 20th of the Month of the Old Forces
on the Theran calendar Bosephus perished, never to return.

Race:svirfnebli
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:314

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply You might not believe this., Arratok (Anonymous), 14-Feb-13 03:40 PM, #9
Reply Sometimes?, Mizzen (Anonymous), 15-Feb-13 12:11 AM, #10
     Reply That seems entirely appropriate, Eloril (Anonymous), 15-Feb-13 05:59 PM, #11
Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Bosephus the Filthy Rich Gutter-..., Kuryaelin, 14-Feb-13 01:06 PM, #8
Reply Bopher!, Gredoor (Anonymous), 13-Feb-13 05:06 PM, #6
Reply How are you gonna roll Bosephus as anything other than ..., Homard, 13-Feb-13 04:31 PM, #5
Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Bosephus the Filthy Rich Gutter-..., Tinwold (Anonymous), 13-Feb-13 04:28 PM, #4
Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Bosephus the Filthy Rich Gutter-..., Kuryaelin, 13-Feb-13 08:35 PM, #7
Reply Soddin nancy-pants, Ysaloerye, 13-Feb-13 04:27 PM, #3
Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Bosephus the Filthy Rich Gutter-..., Whiysdan, 13-Feb-13 04:21 PM, #2
Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Bosephus the Filthy Rich Gutter-..., Mylene (Anonymous), 13-Feb-13 04:08 PM, #1

Arratok (Anonymous)Thu 14-Feb-13 03:40 PM
Charter member
#113520, "You might not believe this."
In response to Reply #0

But I am really sad to see you deleted.

We had a lot of differences role wise, so much so that it caused a pretty big riff. I can only hope you don't take it as personal/player side of things. Arratok thought you were a hot headed, gutter mouthed, murder machine, that needed to be kept on a short leash or there was potential for disaster. And as a character you were just that.

Dude you could PK the #### out of people. There is no denying that. You are an very talented player, and you stuck hard to your role and I respected you all around as a player for both those things.

In character, Arratok felt like you had no respect for him. Seeing as he was the drillmaster for such a long time, and the acting commander at the time it pissed Arri off a good deal. You character often was very curt/rude and constantly questioned decision that Arratok made. Arratok saw that as a threat to his position of power within the village, as well as to the village as a whole, disarray within the village leads to mayhem in the war. It got to the point where Arratok felt the need to make an example of you in front of other villagers. You were a bad ass dude, and I knew you wanted to be the commander, the only way to make sure everyone else in the village was still scared of me was to break you in half before them. It was something that Arratok was planning on doing but bidding the right time for. That happened and it went down as I had hoped. I had a good build to put against you, and RNG helped a bit. The whole tyrannical lecturing to the village after that was meant to solidify the point. To be honest it was more to put fear in the others then to come down on you anymore.

There was some things that I as a player didn’t like about it, but after reading your role it makes more sense. I wish I had the chance to develop more with you as a character in game (rather than reading it now) but that’s just the way it crumbled and we weren’t going to chat over tea after we got to a certain point which happened pretty quickly.

I didn’t like how you dragged a full loot quarrel with other cabals into our cable notes and tells.
I didn’t like how much you valued gear sometimes (SOMETIMES being the key there)
I didn’t like how little respect you had for others within the village who had been around a lot longer.
I didn’t like how you complained about #’s. You’re playing time was basically nonstop, not everyone can put in 4+ hours a day. There were a lot of complaints about how no one was getting inducted, and no one was around, but there pretty much constant RP with all the different applicants we had, I even wrote notes to some trying to coordinate times, and asked others to grill people I had not seen so that I could induct them more easily once I did cross paths with them. The village #’s dwindled slightly (<5), as new peeps filled in deletes and condeaths, and I think overall the village grew leaps and bounds from when Cain took over, and then deleted.
And lastly I didn't like how you unloaded 3 million on a mid rank char before quitting out for good. But I get that you wanted at least to continue on the research project thing and I will keep pushing for that in your name even with you gone.
Some of this might be a perception thing, considering the role and what not but its pretty much the only things I didn’t like which says a lot about your char.

Other than that as a player, I was cheering for you.

I know I threatened to burn your hut, but I had zero intention of actually doing it.
I have threatened that a lot really to nearly everyone. The way I see it as a player (and especially in Arratoks role) is that the village is a privilege being part of the training and the family is not a right to anyone, you have to put in, and not only in mage bodies though you were crazy good at that.

I got the impression you (as both a player and character) felt somehow I was excluding you from something after I pulled a few ragers aside when Cain died and spoke with them. It wasn’t anything in particular about you at that point that I didn’t like, I don’t think there was much in the way of interaction up until that point really.

Wish you would have stuck it out to the rites anyway.
You had some imm lovin, and were a gods damned beast in PK
I think at the very least you would of gotten hooked up with some more goodness, be it Veteran or whatever at the very least. The village will be not as lively without you that’s for sure.

Good luck with your next char, see you in the fields.

Mizzen (Anonymous)Fri 15-Feb-13 12:11 AM
Charter member
#113523, "Sometimes?"
In response to Reply #9

Hi, I'm Imperial Thief. I once stole a bunch of his axes. He went ape-#### over it and full-looted me as I tried to retrieve from Fort. Then I hear through the grapevine for the next two weeks that he's looking for me every time we're logged on together.

The guy was a nut from my perspective. Which, I'm well aware is not the only one that mattered.

Eloril (Anonymous)Fri 15-Feb-13 05:59 PM
Charter member
#113561, "That seems entirely appropriate"
In response to Reply #10

1. Battleragers are nuts. Bosephus more than most.
2. He is trying to establish that you need to keep your distance, and he can back it up. (I probably couldn't back it up, imho).

KuryaelinThu 14-Feb-13 01:06 PM
Member since 21st Oct 2012
52 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#113519, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Bosephus the Filthy Rich Gutter-..."
In response to Reply #0

Just read the imm comment about 2.8 million in the bank. I would dare say that a chunk of that came from Carg's pockets. Nice to see it was well guarded, ha.

Gredoor (Anonymous)Wed 13-Feb-13 05:06 PM
Charter member
#113497, "Bopher!"
In response to Reply #0

What can I say, you were awesome! People had a severe disdain for you, as I am sure you got, but I could see a lot of it was RP. You had an extremely deadly combination and made me extremely jealous on several fronts. I was hoping you would stick it out until the Rites, I think you would have done really well. It was an honor to fight alongside you.

HomardWed 13-Feb-13 04:31 PM
Member since 10th Apr 2010
959 posts
#113496, "How are you gonna roll Bosephus as anything other than ..."
In response to Reply #0

n/t

Tinwold (Anonymous)Wed 13-Feb-13 04:27 PM
Charter member
#113495, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Bosephus the Filthy Rich Gutter-..."
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Wed 13-Feb-13 04:28 PM

Hey! One of the other villagers that I could only delay my death from!

Fantastic job from what I saw. I do hope you know that my trash talking back to you was just RP and no hard feelings were ever received or meant to be given in our back and forth. You always stuck to your RP when talking to me and it helped me get a little RP time in, which is always nice to have. Great character and GLWYN!

KuryaelinWed 13-Feb-13 08:35 PM
Member since 21st Oct 2012
52 posts
#113502, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Bosephus the Filthy Rich Gutter-..."
In response to Reply #4

I always dreaded when you would come to the Isle. I think I caught you at the Eye one time where my cutoff kept you there to death. The rest of the time I was either running or I was in a body bag. I aspired to be an axe murderer of your caliber. You were solid to your core, and a real beast for the huts. Sorry to see you not going for the Rites.

YsaloeryeWed 13-Feb-13 04:27 PM
Member since 09th Apr 2006
315 posts
#113494, "Soddin nancy-pants"
In response to Reply #0

Bummed to see this. I had just strung up a mageslayer belt for you as you had taken the MPK lead.
The Rites will be a bit less exciting without you, and the village will be a little quieter.
Solid rager.

WhiysdanWed 13-Feb-13 04:21 PM
Member since 04th Aug 2011
243 posts
#113493, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Bosephus the Filthy Rich Gutter-..."
In response to Reply #0

Watching this character go balls to the wall was inspiring and I found myself almost convinced to roll a villager just so I could tag along and enjoy the ride. In my book, that's a compliment.

=w=

Mylene (Anonymous)Wed 13-Feb-13 04:08 PM
Charter member
#113491, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Bosephus the Filthy Rich Gutter-..."
In response to Reply #0

Wow, with as much as you kicked my ass, I'm happy to see this in that regard. I am also saddened as I liked your foul mouth. You brought enough color and fun to the talks without going over the top and I am quite surprised to see this.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #113489 Previous topic | Next topic