Subject: "(DELETED) [None] Auldr the Dweller of the Wilds" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #113336
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 05-Feb-13 10:00 AM
Member since 28th Sep 2024
17190 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#113336, "(DELETED) [None] Auldr the Dweller of the Wilds"

Tue Feb 5 07:57:21 2013

At 3 o'clock AM, Day of Deception, 9th of the Month of the Dark Shades
on the Theran calendar Auldr perished, never to return.

Race:half-elf
Class:ranger
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:402

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply No hard feelings OOC -- I picked up your pbf as soon a..., Leyras (Anonymous), 20-Feb-13 04:16 AM, #12
Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Auldr the Dweller of the Wilds, Elerosse, 06-Feb-13 10:23 PM, #11
Reply Enthusiastic Leader, Amaranthe, 06-Feb-13 06:22 PM, #10
Reply Stupid bastid, Gembu still wanner smash'm teeth'n!, Gembu (Anonymous), 06-Feb-13 01:08 PM, #9
Reply A number of thoughts., Jawn Foote (Anonymous), 05-Feb-13 09:14 PM, #8
Reply I had a very strong OOC vibe from you..., Silten (Anonymous), 05-Feb-13 07:54 PM, #7
Reply Hated your guts.., Nyst (Anonymous), 05-Feb-13 07:41 PM, #6
Reply Was this pro? NT, Aereglen, 05-Feb-13 06:02 PM, #5
Reply do you sleep?, laxman, 05-Feb-13 03:17 PM, #3
Reply This wasnt me, so it must be him, The-me, 05-Feb-13 05:10 PM, #4
Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Auldr the Dweller of the Wilds, Rostrak (Anonymous), 05-Feb-13 01:29 PM, #2
Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Auldr the Dweller of the Wilds, Mizzen (Anonymous), 05-Feb-13 12:48 PM, #1

Leyras (Anonymous)Wed 20-Feb-13 04:16 AM
Charter member
#113627, "No hard feelings OOC -- I picked up your pbf as soon a..."
In response to Reply #0

I was waiting for you to post so I could ask some questions about IC craziness, but I guess that's not to be. GLWYN!

ElerosseWed 06-Feb-13 10:23 PM
Member since 01st Nov 2006
423 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#113373, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Auldr the Dweller of the Wilds"
In response to Reply #0

I liked you with my current outlander. I didn't agree with your decisions often but liked the change of pace in the cabal. It did make for some interesting conflicts. Good luck with your next.

AmarantheWed 06-Feb-13 06:21 PM
Member since 17th Mar 2003
536 posts
#113369, "Enthusiastic Leader"
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Wed 06-Feb-13 06:22 PM

First of all, I've caught wind of some sort of forum drama surrounding your deletion. I haven't been active enough the past few weeks to really know anything about that, but sorry it had to go down that way, before I could help wrap up some of the spiritual aspects of your character.

Your enthusiasm for the Sunwarden position was absolutely refreshing. Seriously. This MUD is older than dirt (no pun intended), and so often the characters that end up being the choice for leader are jaded and sometimes I think see leadership as a necessary burden balanced out with a few juicy perks, and not something they are particularly passionate about. Most have been around the block a few times in leadership positions, and it's nothing worth getting jazzed about. They go through the motions and are good (even great) leaders, but they do/say all the right things all the time, and it's business as usual.

I could tell you really cared about being Sunwarden, and that meant a lot. You also absolutely had some shortcomings, but those shortcomings largely related to your enthusiasm, I think; two sides of the coin.

I won't belabor the shortcomings here, as we had discussed a lot in-character. You always RPed appropriately to my admonishment, and (as far as I could tell), made efforts to curb your future choices in response. You stirred the pot, perhaps too much, but even stirring the pot too much can create drama and interest that I do think is important for CF to remain interesting. For example, your conflict with Nyst and the subsequent Nightreavership that followed as a result will go down as one of my favorite plot twists I've been involved with on CF. Even though you were out of line and the outcome was not at all what you wanted, I have no regrets about what happened. Fun times.

Some may think I should have just ungranted you for some of your choices, but when you started to take it too far, you never gave any 'tude when told to reign it in, and remained open to the guidance of immortals - and even mortals you respected. And I do believe that every choice you made was sincerely made with passion for your character and the cabal. It takes different types to keep things jazzy. Good luck with your next!

Gembu (Anonymous)Wed 06-Feb-13 01:08 PM
Charter member
#113355, "Stupid bastid, Gembu still wanner smash'm teeth'n!"
In response to Reply #0

That sucks to see. Not sure what happened. Logged on and saw that you weren't leader anymore. From what I got from another warden, you stepped down willingly, which seemed odd for Auldr.

I loved the way how you provoked everyone, including myself ands all the branches. What I did not like however, is the ooc feeling I got after our last interaction, when I had taken some stuff in the hollows, you jumped me, I killed you, looted and then you totally lost your speech pattern. (You didn't threaten to full me or anything, but you did threaten to kill me at sight, which ofc is fine RP, but you lost your speech pattern.)

The only other thing I didn't like is the way you booted those not wardens. Not your call, but I believe that it was corrected anyway.

Other than that, I want to commend you on a very well RPed char. I enjoyed our interactions, not the run of the mill sunwarden, but at the same time, you acted towards reavers exactly how I think most wardens should.

I really wonder who this was and that we get to see you in the fields soon again!

Jawn Foote (Anonymous)Tue 05-Feb-13 09:14 PM
Charter member
#113346, "A number of thoughts."
In response to Reply #0

I want you to know that your presence made being a harbinger extremely difficult. It made being The Harbinger absolutely absurd.

From an IC point of view at first Jawn felt like you were really just trying to make things as difficult as possible within the Tree. However, as time went on you really started to grow on me, especially as Jawn became more comfortable with his role and the role of his branch in this environment.

From an OOC point of view I have to give you tremendous kudos. I realize that the RP strains that your leadership put on the Tree weren't for everyone, but I think it provided for some fantastic conflicts. Intra-cabal disagreements provide some of the best (in my opinion) RP opportunities and you made sure that there was always conflict.

There were a number of things that I disagreed with both IC and OOC, but I'm not going to address them as they involve active characters.

The RP session where you explained why you were doing what you were doing went a long way towards allowing both the player and the character to understand you (even if I was pretty inebriated) and I really appreciated that explanation, as after that I felt wholly different toward Auldr.

I do hope that some of my politicking against you got back to you and I hope you realize it was all IC.

All in all, both Jawn and myself had and have very conflicted feeling about you, but I see that as a very good thing and the root of what makes CF such an interesting game.

And anyone who thinks that CF is not an RP MUD has not been playing an Outlander for the past two months.

Silten (Anonymous)Tue 05-Feb-13 07:54 PM
Charter member
#113345, "I had a very strong OOC vibe from you..."
In response to Reply #0

... in the early years when we grouped together. I was a bit surprised to see you leader'ed and was hoping that you'd change your ways. Based on the feedback below, sounds like you didn't. That said, it may be good to shake things up a bit!

Nyst (Anonymous)Tue 05-Feb-13 07:41 PM
Charter member
#113344, "Hated your guts.."
In response to Reply #0

And it all started when you uninducted me after I beat you silly instead of resolving
the whole thing in a more OUTLANDERish way.

Your presence alone spoiled countless hunts for me, either directly with you
interfering and doing stupid things or indirectly as I had to change the way
I play the game and it sure wasn't fun.

Having to waste preps and time to deal with insects+wasps+mosquitos pretty much every time I fought you also wasn't fun. If only I'd picked better edges.

I'm glad you're gone, I never liked your RP which also drove others away, your constant trash talking on CB and the way you went about being leader.

AereglenTue 05-Feb-13 06:02 PM
Member since 23rd Apr 2011
476 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#113341, "Was this pro? NT"
In response to Reply #0

nt

laxmanTue 05-Feb-13 03:17 PM
Member since 18th Aug 2003
1867 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#113339, "do you sleep?"
In response to Reply #0

400 hours in under 2 months... jeebus

The-meTue 05-Feb-13 05:10 PM
Member since 14th Jun 2011
333 posts
#113340, "This wasnt me, so it must be him"
In response to Reply #3
Edited on Tue 05-Feb-13 05:10 PM

Ergo your question will not be answer for He is banned

Rostrak (Anonymous)Tue 05-Feb-13 01:29 PM
Charter member
#113338, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Auldr the Dweller of the Wilds"
In response to Reply #0

Well not much I can say I did not IC.. only that our interaction was great and I completly enjoyed every time we talked..

Do not want to say too much more and will probably on Rostraks thread when the time comes.

You will be missed and luck to you in your future endevors.

Rostrak

Mizzen (Anonymous)Tue 05-Feb-13 12:47 PM
Charter member
#113337, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Auldr the Dweller of the Wilds"
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Tue 05-Feb-13 12:48 PM

"Hey, lowbie thief, follow me and loot this corpse for me"

>Okay, why not

"Ohohoho you fell for my tricks now take my outofrange bioempathy and aggro wolves, you dirty vulture!"

>...okay

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #113336 Previous topic | Next topic