Subject: "(DELETED) [None] Kaljuekan the Master of Speed, Reckles..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #113091
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 22-Jan-13 12:52 AM
Member since 28th Sep 2024
17190 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#113091, "(DELETED) [None] Kaljuekan the Master of Speed, Reckless Bird of Prey"

Mon Jan 21 22:48:56 2013

At 11 o'clock PM, Day of Freedom, 32nd of the Month of the Winter Wolf
on the Theran calendar Kaljuekan perished, never to return.

Race:arial
Class:shapeshifter
Level:32
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:None, None
Hours:68

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Kaljuekan the Master of Speed, Rec..., Quetzal (Anonymous), 22-Jan-13 07:25 AM, #5
Reply Heh, can you explain some things to me?, Voralian, 23-Jan-13 10:01 PM, #18
     Reply RE: Heh, can you explain some things to me?, Quetzal (Anonymous), 24-Jan-13 06:13 PM, #19
Reply Reckless pker?, Voralian, 22-Jan-13 01:17 AM, #1
     Reply RE: Reckless pker?, Daevryn, 23-Jan-13 09:55 PM, #2
     Reply RE: Reckless pker?, Isildur, 22-Jan-13 09:59 AM, #6
     Reply RE: Reckless pker?, Marcus_, 23-Jan-13 10:11 AM, #9
     Reply Yea. I'm an asshole, Voralian, 23-Jan-13 04:53 PM, #17
     Reply You seemed fun, Yuolud (Anonymous), 22-Jan-13 03:03 AM, #3
     Reply RE: You seemed fun, Rakdrek (Anonymous), 22-Jan-13 07:16 AM, #4
          Reply You did nothing wrong. Was aimed at.., Voralian, 23-Jan-13 02:30 PM, #13
     Reply RE: Reckless pker?, Hilamar (Anonymous), 22-Jan-13 06:11 PM, #7
     Reply Thanks, Voralian, 23-Jan-13 02:26 PM, #12
     Reply I saw this coming but felt helpless to stop it., Tholos (Anonymous), 22-Jan-13 06:24 PM, #8
     Reply Thanks bro., Voralian, 23-Jan-13 02:19 PM, #11
     Reply Can I post that rp log???? plz. Check the log board her..., Voralian, 23-Jan-13 02:32 PM, #14
          Reply I'd love to read it from your angle!, Tholos (Anonymous), 23-Jan-13 04:35 PM, #15
               Reply Gotta walk across town but I'll have it w/in 4 hours. n..., Voralian, 23-Jan-13 04:50 PM, #16
     Reply Perhaps you should look it up. Reckless bird of prey..., Vortex Magus, 23-Jan-13 10:58 AM, #10

Quetzal (Anonymous)Tue 22-Jan-13 07:25 AM
Charter member
#113097, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Kaljuekan the Master of Speed, Rec..."
In response to Reply #0

I always enjoyed our interactions, but I could always feel your frustration bleeding through your character. Funn turkey to play with, but dont know what happened, wish I would have known you were so pissed I would have done anything to help you out. Ill always remember you huddled in the crows next hiding from the water, sad to see the parrot from the island have to go back to squawking again. And I fine kinsman

VoralianWed 23-Jan-13 10:01 PM
Member since 13th Dec 2011
291 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#113130, "Heh, can you explain some things to me?"
In response to Reply #5

Like what does a herald do mechanic/rp wise?
I know, but I want your point.. it would help.

Can you explain Neltoulda's religeon?
Maybe Rayihns too?

I suck at religeon helpfiles, Suck suck ass.

The reason I do so good with them is this.

I look at the three sphers and roleplay it MY way.

Some imms don't let that slide however.

Quetzal (Anonymous)Thu 24-Jan-13 06:13 PM
Charter member
#113143, "RE: Heh, can you explain some things to me?"
In response to Reply #18

Hrmm. Sounds a tad like you might have had a bit of contempt for me in particular as an, as you call it, "sanctuary stick" I do far more sticking and sanctuarying folks with happiness than praying actuall sanctuary. And to explain the two helpfiles you speak of, I try not to concentrate of that to much. I just live friend. The reward comes with enjoying what your doing, loving the life your blessed with, and sharing it all with others while you can before you die.

VoralianTue 22-Jan-13 01:17 AM
291 posts
#113092, "Reckless pker?"
In response to Reply #0

Thanks for the title, I have fourty hours of rp logs.

Air major, arial duh.
water minor, neltoulda follower. Face ones fears duh.

Joining Tribunal because it made rp sense, even though deep down
I wanted to go Herald. When Tribunal rp/interaction was not there.
I went to the Eternal star, fun. On duty? felt like I was duoed to most of the heros since I was not an up and comming sanctuary stick, entwine hose or ect..

18 years of cf. I know when its 'powerolegame' copy/paste/role
####ty rp/nice title/leadership/one liners/

Great rp, use of role command/not to be confused with tell a story your friend wrote command gets you 500 xp and players not wanting to interact with you. Reckless murdershifter.."he will either delete or step it up" actually be a murdershifter

####ty titles like that make people think, airmurder shifter.
I swore to Thollos that I would give up my top tier forms for a rabbit and something else.

When can I get a leadership position or nice title? When I make an evil murder shifter? Power rank a ranger to hero in five days for Leadership position with the exact same role taken from elf warrior just deleted the day prior or being a character assassinator.

Imms, you can check. There is a leader who is using the same role as his laster character. I interacted with both and they were so ooc in a hurry to rank to hero that it was disgusting.

yea way to bitter.

This character was A lot of fun for the first 60 hours.

DaevrynTue 22-Jan-13 01:36 AM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#113094, "RE: Reckless pker?"
In response to Reply #1
Edited on Wed 23-Jan-13 09:55 PM

I feel you think reckless means something other than what it means and that's the root of this whole rant.

Edited to add: to fill everyone else in, this is a character that got ejected from Tribunal for (accidentally, I presume) flyto/murdering someone they were chasing after that person had made it into a protected city.

Which I feel like makes the title about perfect.

IsildurTue 22-Jan-13 09:59 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
#113098, "RE: Reckless pker?"
In response to Reply #2

"Lacking in Reck". Duh.

Marcus_Wed 23-Jan-13 10:11 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
681 posts
#113110, "RE: Reckless pker?"
In response to Reply #6

"Bereft of Reck". Duh.

VoralianWed 23-Jan-13 04:53 PM
291 posts
#113125, "Yea. I'm an asshole"
In response to Reply #2

a hole Olio.

I googled it.

Can you define that thing?

I went off half cocked thinking I got perma titled as

no rp murder shifter... People acted really stand offish once I got that title. It was hard to interact the moment that happened.
killed my ability to continue.

My apologies nep.

Yuolud (Anonymous)Tue 22-Jan-13 03:03 AM
Charter member
#113095, "You seemed fun"
In response to Reply #1

I'm not exactly sure what you were saying or what you're unhappy about, but I'm hoping it was the situation and not the game.

On reckless...I remember Yuolud asked you something like "Don't be goin back up to th' surface." You could not resist reverting from your water form to yell at Yuolud he was stupid because arials have hydrophobia also, and then you promptly died underwater from lack of breath.

I have to admit, that was ridiculously funny, although Youlud had to stay in character and be concerned about you. But then you apparently deleted for the first time, when you just wanted to go on an exp run 5 minutes earlier? I thought you were goofing around, but now its sounding like you were seriously frustrated...what was going on?

Rakdrek (Anonymous)Tue 22-Jan-13 07:16 AM
Charter member
#113096, "RE: You seemed fun"
In response to Reply #3

Ok, your rant is broken and hard to make total sense of, but I believe that "sanctuary stick" is aimed at me or one of the healers in herald.

SO.. elaborate your ideas and bring it up again because I would like to know what the problem is. I always interacted with you when you were at the inn. I do know there were times when I thought to myself "####, Kal was talking to me and I forgot to respond" because of either 10 other people at the inn, and/or out helping someone/traveling with a large group. Sorry for missing you those times, but I did my best to RP with you when you were around.

VoralianWed 23-Jan-13 02:30 PM
291 posts
#113116, "You did nothing wrong. Was aimed at.."
In response to Reply #4

Some murdergnomeshifter who got sanc stick from a friend of mine who said. See why so and so likes me? After my cabal mate said that.. I started to rp with him. Feel bad that I play murder powermud characters that are out of the box. Not deathblow flurry giants...

Cutoff haste thieves with acrobatics and five mercs.

Scion ranger who killed three ragers in less than one rl minute while all starting with full health.

ect ect.

Hilamar (Anonymous)Tue 22-Jan-13 06:11 PM
Charter member
#113104, "RE: Reckless pker?"
In response to Reply #1

Sorry to see this, I truly did enjoy Kaljuekan's roleplay and with the skill I saw, figured it wouldn't take to long to gain acceptance again.

I still stand by my decision, and it was one of the more difficult decisions I've had to make. If a normal character would have done as you did, they would have been marked a criminal. Secondly, you probably would have gotten away with it if the higher ups did not catch it. I wasn't able to find anyone able to collaborate what happened, and the said person was chaotic. But then you know who stepped in and it was over at that point. I thought the title at that point was not really required, but again, I'm not an Imm, just a player and they have their own standards that we dont' always know of.

As someone who has been playing off and on through the years, things like this happen. And unfortunately, as easy as it is to make a mistake, it takes 10 times the amount of effort to get the blemished removed.

Seeing whom the player is though, it does make sense why the roleplay was so good. Though I will agree with you, the RP gave more of a Herald Vibe then Tribunal. But nothing wrong with that. I find myself wanting to spend more time at the Inn then anywhere else.

Hilamar

PS. After helping you in that place, I actually thought the Otter was nearly as good at the Seal!

VoralianWed 23-Jan-13 02:26 PM
291 posts
#113115, "Thanks"
In response to Reply #7

When I dive bombed that a hole.... I knew my character was going to go through some stuff. Was going for a hearald but xupreth brought me into it. Ory was the reason I went nelly. Sphere spirit was because my character was A rift spirit, a black hole/demon it... nearlty killed me as I traversed through the planes. with a last ditch effort, the rift spirit. kal.. transported himself to thera.. into the form of an egg, in arial city. He knew his past clearly but didnt want the rumor of his potential power to get around because that demon. chaotic evil to find him before he can regain his might.

hence sphere spirit.

This characters path was not planned...
created on the big herald event... so was going herald..
xupreth was there... order lawful.. decided to go trib.
people were mad I ranked slow.. I was interacting and exploring and doing rp stuff. Not a level sitter pker. Only initiated about 8 fights. criminals or chaos people. I played nice and gave gold to evil orderly and mobs.

Had fun, please god let me make a char to age die please god.
Miss you lynxaria. Please come back catcat.
Make you imm if you do. Love geosplicer.

Peace out. Command line mud is near = command line linux. Omg

Love hate and entropy brings order to an anarchists heart that knows the internet is humanity as a whole will become so aware that they as one, become gods. The days are near end. So kov has spoketh.

Verily tms.

Tholos (Anonymous)Tue 22-Jan-13 06:24 PM
Charter member
#113105, "I saw this coming but felt helpless to stop it."
In response to Reply #1

Sorry if Tholos let you down in any way. I really enjoyed your RP (REALLY enjoyed that story you told me about yourself) and if you had stuck it out, I am pretty sure you would have gotten plenty of recognition for it. However, this is part of the fundamental problem I have run into myself at times. Others will not interpret your character the way you do. Something you think is brilliant may be mediocre to the one and only authority figure that has been truly exposed to you.

I'm going to give you some feedback, since as a fellow veteran I have gone through similar frustrations with some characters. I get the feeling Kaljuekan had a well enough written role that the title Reckless Bird of Prey could have been seen by him as a compliment, coming from such pitiful authority figures as compared to his god-like ego. What I gather is that instead of running with it, your ooc frustrations with the game bled into your characters RP and caused him to suddenly become ashamed, and frustrated by a problem that should be quite small in the eyes of a mind which honestly believes it was once all-powerful.

What I am suggesting is that if you hang on to your characters RP above all else without any regard for recognition, the frustration with the game will go away. You start to enjoy every session, no matter what it brings. So-and-so's flying-grizzled-ram will become irrelevant to you.

One of the worst habits I had to break was logging into my character with some idea of what I had to get accomplished. Ranking/Exploring/Political Advancement: that stuff all happens and comes naturally. So do demotions and setbacks. Honestly, if it takes you 100 hours to hero, no problem. The game can't be beaten. Prestige comes more swiftly for some than others. It is only natural in a game based purely on subjective story-telling and with so many technical avenues in PK and RP both. If people weren't getting booted from cabals I would think something was wrong. In fact, I don't think it happens often enough. But that's probably because it often leads to character deletion, when it really shouldn't.

I'm over complicating things here. It should be really simple.

Less expectations = More reward

Much respect. 18 years is a long time. I thought Kaljuekan was a great character and I hope we see you in the fields again.

VoralianWed 23-Jan-13 02:19 PM
291 posts
#113114, "Thanks bro."
In response to Reply #8

Much respect for that input. Enjoyed every moment interacting with you. Waiting a while till I get into a new role. Kaljuekan is still in my heart.

VoralianWed 23-Jan-13 02:32 PM
291 posts
#113117, "Can I post that rp log???? plz. Check the log board her..."
In response to Reply #8

I don't use qhcf. I refuse to look there. Troll boards. nuff said.

Tholos (Anonymous)Wed 23-Jan-13 04:35 PM
Charter member
#113123, "I'd love to read it from your angle!"
In response to Reply #14

You're right about the trolling on Dio's. Keep it on officials!

VoralianWed 23-Jan-13 04:50 PM
291 posts
#113124, "Gotta walk across town but I'll have it w/in 4 hours. n..."
In response to Reply #15

nt

Vortex MagusWed 23-Jan-13 10:58 AM
Member since 20th Apr 2005
400 posts
#113111, "Perhaps you should look it up. Reckless bird of prey..."
In response to Reply #1
Edited on Wed 23-Jan-13 10:58 AM

Is more of a compliment than anything...

There's nothing bad about being a reckless PKer at all.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #113091 Previous topic | Next topic