Subject: "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Skiarn the Master of Faith" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #112931
Show all folders

Death_AngelFri 11-Jan-13 03:08 PM
Member since 28th Sep 2024
17190 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#112931, "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Skiarn the Master of Faith"

Fri Jan 11 13:05:40 2013

At 9 o'clock AM, Day of Thunder, 10th of the Month of the Winter Wolf
on the Theran calendar Skiarn perished, never to return.

Race:arial
Class:shaman
Level:49
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:91

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

VelkurahFri 11-Jan-13 03:20 PM
Member since 29th Jan 2004
119 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#112932, "Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Fri 11-Jan-13 03:20 PM

Well, that was fun. Haven't played much in the last few years, and my modest goal was to have a character to play with during winter break. I got Skiarn ready before exams, took a break during exams, then picked him back up when finals were over. It went mostly well, although I lost some of the feel for the character in the exam break so that I never quite felt "into" him. Regardless, it was fun.

Thanks to Akresius for the empowerment shot, thanks to the few enemies who stuck around to fight, and thanks to the Fort for the fun.

I've played a lot of shamans, the first being Delyn back when the shaman class had been in the game for exactly one day, and the class doesn't seem to have changed much since then. Rot is simultaneously the most effective and most boring tool in the arsenal. The whole "play weak while you maledict so they stick around" thing doesn't work very well anymore. Everyone knows it. As soon as you drop a damn, a plague or a couple energy drains, most winnable fights run off.

The whole class might be improved if rot was changed to something less un-fun for everyone and damnation blocked teleport.

Anyhow, I'm in the middle of my PhD work and the semester is back on, so I couldn't afford to keep the temptation around! I would have deleted a few days ago, but my new home ip is banned on the forums so I couldn't post a farewell. I swear it wasn't my fault; I just moved here!

Aarn

Krenke (Anonymous)Fri 11-Jan-13 05:10 PM
Charter member
#112933, "One of my favorite foes, always classy (n/t)"
In response to Reply #1

n/t

AkresiusTue 15-Jan-13 10:50 AM
Member since 15th Nov 2011
280 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#113004, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #1

You were doing a solid job as shaman, but I could tell at times that your heart wasn't in it. I'm thrilled to have had you (Aarn) as one of my followers.

Good luck on your next.

VelkurahWed 16-Jan-13 04:20 PM
Member since 29th Jan 2004
119 posts
#113039, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #3

Hey, the thrill was all mine! You really made empowerment seamless and painless which I appreciated greatly as a rusty veteran, and you stuck with me while I worked through figuring out your religion, which has quite a bit of nuance to it.

Don't be surprised if I take that bit of enlightenment and try another follower when I have time again.

Aarn

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #112931 Previous topic | Next topic