Subject: "(AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Clahier Malaika the Caller of Ri..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #111757
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 12-Nov-12 11:36 PM
Member since 07th May 2024
16833 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#111757, "(AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Clahier Malaika the Caller of Righteousness Incarnate, Honored Elder of the Fortress"

Mon Nov 12 21:33:39 2012

At 7 o'clock AM, Day of the Sun, 27th of the Month of Futility
on the Theran calendar Clahier perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:conjurer
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:549

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Clahier Malaika the Caller o..., Daevryn, 15-Nov-12 07:53 PM, #13
Reply This, incognito, 16-Nov-12 05:42 AM, #14
     Reply RE: This, Daevryn, 16-Nov-12 05:52 PM, #16
Reply Rest easier, evil doers., Clahier (Anonymous), 13-Nov-12 09:22 AM, #5
Reply I really hated me some Clahier., Zameida (Anonymous), 13-Nov-12 02:02 PM, #6
Reply RE: I really hated me some Clahier., Clahier (Anonymous), 13-Nov-12 02:33 PM, #7
     Reply Was it when it was maledicted?, Artificial, 13-Nov-12 06:44 PM, #8
          Reply Very likely, Clahier (Anonymous), 13-Nov-12 06:50 PM, #9
Reply Nice!, Mardrorn (Anonymous), 14-Nov-12 06:23 PM, #10
Reply Glad to have known you even for a little while., Duvam (Anonymous), 15-Nov-12 05:34 AM, #12
Reply What I remember was decent, incognito, 16-Nov-12 05:46 AM, #15
Reply Aww ####!, Rayihn, 13-Nov-12 08:47 AM, #3
Reply RE: Aww ####!, Clahier (Anonymous), 13-Nov-12 09:21 AM, #4
     Reply I lolled., DurNominator, 15-Nov-12 04:32 AM, #11
Reply Good job. A very impressive effort., TMNS, 13-Nov-12 03:14 AM, #2
Reply Take care!, Drog (Anonymous), 13-Nov-12 12:11 AM, #1

DaevrynThu 15-Nov-12 07:53 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#111803, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Clahier Malaika the Caller o..."
In response to Reply #0

Definitely a very solid run at Fort conjurer in every respect.

Aside: I'm kind of floored that anyone would think Clahier couldn't raid Empire solo at 35... quickly, without an archon, and/or opposed, even.

incognitoFri 16-Nov-12 05:42 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#111807, "This"
In response to Reply #13

I had posted something similar but seems it didn't appear.

However, being the case, do you think that's balanced? I felt it kind of unbalanced that my lvl 38 druid could raid trib solo.

DaevrynFri 16-Nov-12 05:52 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#111818, "RE: This"
In response to Reply #14

I think Trib is probably a little too easy to raid undefended but in general I don't have major concerns that some kinds of characters can raid some cabals early. I think these things tend to wash out in the bigger picture.

Clahier (Anonymous)Tue 13-Nov-12 09:22 AM
Charter member
#111764, "Rest easier, evil doers."
In response to Reply #0

Well, that was a lot of fun.

I've played several conjurers before and this was one where I was able to put it all together through the life of the character. I know a lot of people liked to moan and complain about my reward (more on that in a bit), but I was pking people right out the gate, with wands before I could conjure, and hell, I think I even had 5-6 kills with the owl soling them. Playing a conjurer is a lot about getting a feel for things, especially combat. I still remember some of my first conjies wondering why one of my servitors didn't help when I needed it to, how people got away so easy when it goes well, and how did I die so fast were early thougths. And with then when it all starts to click, a lot of times I was thinking...holy crap, that worked out perfectly.

Role was completely based around angels....idea was Clahier's mother died in some sort of accident at a conjurer's lab that sent her into labor, an angel was conjured in it, saw the baby untouched by the world and completely pure still in this world of Thera were evil touched everything at some point. So, it took pity, revived the dying baby with a kiss, and then protected it until someone came to raise it.

For goobyes, good lord there are a lot.

Baerinka first. I'd always wanted to have a conjurer strong in your religion. I think this was the first conjurer of mine to get your tattoo and the whole religion was great for the mentality of an angel calling fort conjie. You were really great at saying the right things at the right time in her life to spur her on to something more. Starting out RP-wise I tried to go for behaving a lot like an angel, silent and watching until something brought on action...namely anything evil, and the whole diplomat title thing changed that a LOT since everyone wanted to talk to her after that. The gnome she killed in the past and the talk that followed that was one that changed the flow of the character more than I could have imagined. Thanks for everything.

Eachannin and Vallinane both stand out as well in Clahier's life. Thanks to both of you as well.

The rest of the names jumble up into a great big huge mass of people. I talked to a lot of people, especially people trying to learn the Baer religion. I hope I managed to help people that came to me for that, because I had the impression that I approached it a bit differently than a lot of people did. The main thing I tried for is to get people to mold things to fit themselves instead of looking for a connect the dots sort of ideal.

For the rewards. First thing I'll say the freaking out on boards about things got really old. Things that are said in message boards really affect play in game, and I could see it each time someone sparked up a big rant.

Greater angels was a RC reward. From what I could tell, the archangel of light was essentially a lesser archangel that occationally would call light of heavens, was damn near impossible to kill by anything, and also could punch though resistances to holy. So while it was goof for fighting in the chasm, it also was very bad at it, because there was something in the Chasm that would consistently cause the angel to leave early. I was still killing people with lesser archangels to the die I died, and that skill, while awesome, was by no means as big a deal as people made it out to be.

I lost more con from the owl familiar dying than anything else, and wrote a role entry at some point about it, which was about Clahier being worried about the owls constitution to keep up with her warring way of life. Baer set me up sometime later with a quest to get a new familiar, wich was easy by no means, and I kind of wondered at the time if she meant for me to not be able to do it. Took a few weeks of work, which ended up being a lot of fun once I got going, and the end result was a faerie dragon familiar. Was a big turning point as well, because my playstyle was really focused on using the owl at that point, and was a really fun RP topic as well.

At the very end the dragon was upgraded, and I had huge plans for it, but accidentally cut off however many hours I had left by wearing all when I forgot I was carrying two +age items...piss. I won't go into what that one could do, because I only got to use it for about 2 hours anyhow.

For anyone I didn't mention, I know there are lots, post and I'll get back with you. Thanks everyone. And see you in the fields.

Zameida (Anonymous)Tue 13-Nov-12 02:02 PM
Charter member
#111768, "I really hated me some Clahier."
In response to Reply #5

Well, Zameida did. To no ends!

The first time I encountered that angel of light... Holy crap! It burned through my ABS + prots as the dolphin on the ocean like a hot knife through butter. + my superior dodging really didn't look too superior anymore. After that I avoided facing you when you had that angel up for about 80-100 hours or so... When I finally did again, it wasn't so scary. I wonder if it got toned down? Or if there was something else too it that time. (I went back in my logs to see if I was slowed or anything, but I wasn't, I was perfectly prepped. heh)

Anyway, I had a lot of fun fighting you and trying to get the jump on you. And you have no idea how close you and the others were at getting me last night.

GLWYN!

Clahier (Anonymous)Tue 13-Nov-12 02:33 PM
Charter member
#111769, "RE: I really hated me some Clahier."
In response to Reply #6

Seems like that time with the Dolphin was one of those times that light of heavens might have went off. Not sure though. I liked fighting on water because angels seemed to like to pillar more on water.

I knew you were close in the chasm. I always had to be careful there because the damn angels would leave all the sudden and I didn't want to charge into the fray only to find out that my angel was gone 40 hours early and the elemental was down to 5 hps from blackfire nova. I was a bit too careful at the end and you got away....that and I was still adjusting to not having a whip all the time to lash with. I should have redone my home PC macros or just lightforged a damn whip. As everone was so hot to point out in the logs on Dios...I was fumbling around like a dork last night.

ArtificialTue 13-Nov-12 06:44 PM
Member since 22nd Apr 2008
1180 posts
#111771, "Was it when it was maledicted?"
In response to Reply #7

Demons had a bug where they would "cast cancellation" themselves if they were maledicted, which would send it back due to a bug.

Clahier (Anonymous)Tue 13-Nov-12 06:50 PM
Charter member
#111772, "Very likely"
In response to Reply #8

I prayed about it, and was advised that I should anchor them when I was there. They still left sometimes, but it did seem to help, but might have just been happenstance. I typically just started going when they were on a low timer and tried to get the archamge hurt enough that I could finish it solo.

Mardrorn (Anonymous)Wed 14-Nov-12 06:23 PM
Charter member
#111785, "Nice!"
In response to Reply #5

I've interacted with you over this character and a previous one. You were classy and well played to both. I was looking forward to more interaction re: Fort/Battle war but, alas, you've used your old age to wile your way out of having to fight dorfbard.

Keep the quality characters coming!

Duvam (Anonymous)Thu 15-Nov-12 05:34 AM
Charter member
#111793, "Glad to have known you even for a little while."
In response to Reply #5

Very cool captain. I was glad to be there at the end, but sad we got interrupted so much. The fort kind of gathering around to see you off was one of those moments that makes it feel like a family.

incognitoFri 16-Nov-12 05:46 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#111808, "What I remember was decent"
In response to Reply #5

I remember running into Clahier in the mid-ranks, when fort were constantly trying to gank me and then talking smack when they lost.

Clahier on the other hand was sending me running every time, and not talking smack. Can't remember who I was playing at the time. You were around for some time in real life!

It's a shame the weaker fort members seemed to aspire so much to amassing the pk count of Clahier and completely overlook the "don't be a cock" side of him. Ultimately the former is meaningless to everyone if the latter isn't achieved too.

So well done.

RayihnTue 13-Nov-12 08:47 AM
Member since 08th Oct 2006
1147 posts
#111761, "Aww ####!"
In response to Reply #0

I'm so sorry, this is completely my fault. I thought you had a good 40 hours left. Ugh.

Clahier (Anonymous)Tue 13-Nov-12 09:21 AM
Charter member
#111763, "RE: Aww ####!"
In response to Reply #3

I probably did. But learned a valuable lesson on why NOT to carry +age items in inventory when you are already an old hag. I had a stupid death to an elemental, and in my rush I wore all and forgot about those items. Poof...dead lady.

DurNominatorThu 15-Nov-12 04:32 AM
Member since 08th Nov 2004
2018 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#111791, "I lolled."
In response to Reply #4

Because Fungor went the same way.

TMNSTue 13-Nov-12 03:14 AM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#111760, "Good job. A very impressive effort."
In response to Reply #0

I may have thought you got some "extra" powerful rewards, but you were an impressive character, so I somewhat understand.

I appreciated the effort you took with your RP at an early rank, well before you got anything but a lastname.

Well done.

Drog (Anonymous)Tue 13-Nov-12 12:11 AM
Charter member
#111758, "Take care!"
In response to Reply #0

Enjoyed it all,

GLWYN

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #111757 Previous topic | Next topic