Subject: "(RAGE DELETE) [TRIBUNAL] Klik the Ranger of the Seasons..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #111408
Show all folders

Death_AngelSun 14-Oct-12 08:32 PM
Member since 06th Jun 2024
16904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#111408, "(RAGE DELETE) [TRIBUNAL] Klik the Ranger of the Seasons, Magistrate of Hamsah Mu'tazz"

Sun Oct 14 18:29:10 2012

At 4 o'clock PM, Day of Freedom, 32nd of the Month of the Dark Shades
on the Theran calendar Klik perished, never to return.

Race:felar
Class:ranger
Level:49
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:TRIBUNAL, the Blood Tribunal
Hours:135

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Without sounding too grumpy..., Ziruanja (Anonymous), 16-Oct-12 12:14 PM, #1
     Reply Sorry, just wasn't expecting to fight villagers all the..., legobelt, 16-Oct-12 03:01 PM, #2
          Reply Silly., Quixotic, 16-Oct-12 03:55 PM, #3
          Reply I'm stuffed with Lemon Barbarian... I mean Bavarian. n/..., Ziruanja (Anonymous), 16-Oct-12 04:13 PM, #4
          Reply Having been on both sides of this..., Bubthegreat, 17-Oct-12 02:51 AM, #12
               Reply Also, I liked Klik. GLWYN. :), Bubthegreat, 17-Oct-12 02:53 AM, #13
               Reply Good luck keeping all those preps up., Quixotic, 17-Oct-12 01:46 PM, #14
          Reply Oh and legobelt... I'm unofficially banning you from pl..., Ziruanja (Anonymous), 16-Oct-12 04:24 PM, #5
          Reply Okay!, legobelt, 16-Oct-12 10:12 PM, #10
          Reply Bummer., Cainargen (Anonymous), 16-Oct-12 06:28 PM, #6
          Reply You were awesome!, legobelt, 16-Oct-12 10:11 PM, #9
          Reply Lego...your getting better at pk to say the least., Gorliz.. (Anonymous), 16-Oct-12 08:17 PM, #7
          Reply Thanks!, legobelt, 16-Oct-12 10:09 PM, #8
          Reply Liked Klik a lot., Jawn Foote (Anonymous), 17-Oct-12 12:48 AM, #11
               Reply Never tried outlander before..., legobelt, 17-Oct-12 03:15 PM, #15
                    Reply Depends if there is a leader or not., Tesline, 17-Oct-12 04:12 PM, #16

Ziruanja (Anonymous)Tue 16-Oct-12 12:14 PM
Charter member
#111442, "Without sounding too grumpy..."
In response to Reply #0

This character was awesome and I can't believe you deleted already. But ahhh well, good luck with your next.

legobeltTue 16-Oct-12 03:01 PM
Member since 16th Mar 2011
73 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#111444, "Sorry, just wasn't expecting to fight villagers all the..."
In response to Reply #1

Really got me sort of bummed. But you were awesome to play with as always! Played with you with like 4 chars since Bromdor and loved every single interaction. (Flackerbuz was probably the most fun I had with you )

QuixoticTue 16-Oct-12 03:55 PM
Member since 09th Feb 2006
833 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#111445, "Silly."
In response to Reply #2
Edited on Tue 16-Oct-12 03:55 PM

Galadon is close by, has mages in it, and while the Tribunal is charged with defending those mages, the powers of this cabal are ill-suited to deal with resist and deathblow, which most of these non-bard criminals possess. If manacles stopped deathblow from firing, and not just hindered attacks, I imagine we would not see so many ragers picking fights with non-mage magistrates.

Additionally, Tribunal members are easy to find, and for most chaotic villagers, squish easily to reveal their creme filling.

Ziruanja (Anonymous)Tue 16-Oct-12 04:13 PM
Charter member
#111446, "I'm stuffed with Lemon Barbarian... I mean Bavarian. n/..."
In response to Reply #3

n/t

BubthegreatWed 17-Oct-12 02:51 AM
Member since 22nd Mar 2007
194 posts
#111460, "Having been on both sides of this..."
In response to Reply #3

A tribby who's prepped has a way better chance of killing me as a rager, so long as they don't just have bad class skills to deal with it. As a tribby warrior you get stoneskin + desensitize + others, plus you can heal in your cabal area which is right there that you can dart past.

IMHO you shouldn't ever go into a fight with a villager unprepped. Start with manacles after making them warranted, let your guards help, and lag them. I get it, it's not going to win them all, but they can't stop you from lagging them short of using a legacy on it and they can't teleport/quaff away.

If it's a berserker they can't heal quickly, if it's a defender they can't deathblow/haste, if it's a scout than your lag > critical when timed right. 3-4 rounds for every critical strike means you're probably going to win when they're manacled and you can lag them.

As Klik you should have had at LEAST a haste prep, stoneskin prep, flight, resist good/evil, and desensitize prep on you at all times. If you're feeling really persistant than get aura too. I'd also have at least 20 gold on me at all times for healing during a raid/fight. If you're fighting a villager, fall back, warrant them, prep up + guardcall, then go manacle them and have at it. As a ranger you probably don't have many lag options, but the pounce and reduced movement lag should help mitigate that some.

That said, ragers aren't "easy" to beat when played well, just easier than people make it seem.

BubthegreatWed 17-Oct-12 02:53 AM
Member since 22nd Mar 2007
194 posts
#111461, "Also, I liked Klik. GLWYN. :)"
In response to Reply #12

nmft

QuixoticWed 17-Oct-12 01:46 PM
Member since 09th Feb 2006
833 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#111466, "Good luck keeping all those preps up."
In response to Reply #12

The typical village aggressor is going to run up and pincer you while you are distracted and unprepped, or he walk through town menacingly, giving you a chance to put up your stuff, then he will leave and come back six hours later.

What the ranger COULD do is make it a point to harass said berserker mercilessly whenever he ventured into the wilderness. But alas, no cabal powers come to the aid of the Tribunal in that scenario.

Ziruanja (Anonymous)Tue 16-Oct-12 04:24 PM
Charter member
#111447, "Oh and legobelt... I'm unofficially banning you from pl..."
In response to Reply #2

Not that I don't enjoy your company, but how about an arch-enemy this time? I think it's time to get jiggy with it.

legobeltTue 16-Oct-12 10:12 PM
73 posts
#111456, "Okay!"
In response to Reply #5

I'm waiting for goblins.. I'll do my best to make it anti-tribby somehow.. we'll see!

Cainargen (Anonymous)Tue 16-Oct-12 06:28 PM
Charter member
#111449, "Bummer."
In response to Reply #2

Hope I didn't contribute to this too much. Cain never went out of his way to hunt you, but I also wouldn't run away for no reason.

I enjoyed the conflict, and thought you were a very respectful foe and proficient at group combat.

Make another char soon!

legobeltTue 16-Oct-12 10:11 PM
73 posts
#111455, "You were awesome!"
In response to Reply #6

One of my favorite foes. In fact.. I didn't really have a problem with anyone I fought (didn't get mad at them irl), everyone was really nice and respectful, just was dying about 2-3 times a day from village deaths, and then the same amount on mob deaths because I was bored fighting village.. heh.

Gorliz.. (Anonymous)Tue 16-Oct-12 08:17 PM
Charter member
#111452, "Lego...your getting better at pk to say the least."
In response to Reply #2

If I hadn't played seen so many of your characters I wouldn't of been able to tell this was you. Villagers suck to fight for any non-mage or even normal mages. I just you would of stay you had a lot of potential. Lucky for me my Pachyderm is its best against villagers. GLWYN

legobeltTue 16-Oct-12 10:09 PM
73 posts
#111454, "Thanks!"
In response to Reply #7

I felt pretty good fighting outlanders, but ragers were just... bleh Really enjoyed Gorliz, you showed me a bunch too, thanks for that.

Jawn Foote (Anonymous)Wed 17-Oct-12 12:48 AM
Charter member
#111458, "Liked Klik a lot."
In response to Reply #2

Definitely had a lot of fun fighting you and that big rumble with several Tribs vs. several Outties last week or the week before was really great, especially since Outlander has been so down recently.

Which brings me to...how about coming on over?

legobeltWed 17-Oct-12 03:15 PM
73 posts
#111467, "Never tried outlander before..."
In response to Reply #11

Always seemed like it would be hard to get in

TeslineWed 17-Oct-12 04:12 PM
Member since 25th Jun 2010
582 posts
#111468, "Depends if there is a leader or not."
In response to Reply #15

What I NEVER understood is why immortal induction takes so damn long.

I've got a single #### to give...and it's just for you.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #111408 Previous topic | Next topic