Subject: "(RAGE DELETE) [OUTLANDER] Cgadi Talonbeak the Practitio..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #110701
Show all folders

Death_AngelSat 01-Sep-12 07:12 AM
Member since 05th May 2024
16829 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#110701, "(RAGE DELETE) [OUTLANDER] Cgadi Talonbeak the Practitioner of Agrestal Magick, Sacred Witch of the Coven"

Sat Sep 1 05:08:12 2012

At 12 o'clock AM, Day of the Sun, 20th of the Month of Futility
on the Theran calendar Cgadi perished, never to return.

Race:arial
Class:invoker
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:332

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply It's all about the plans!, Mylene (Anonymous), 05-Sep-12 03:08 PM, #20
Reply Well that was quite a ride..., Balta, 01-Sep-12 10:42 AM, #2
Reply Heh, I was a fan of Cgadi, Iklahn (Anonymous), 01-Sep-12 12:41 PM, #3
Reply Yup done nexus twice..., Balta, 01-Sep-12 12:58 PM, #4
Reply RE: Well that was quite a ride..., Ezgrint (Anonymous), 01-Sep-12 07:00 PM, #5
Reply Right on.., Balta, 03-Sep-12 09:21 PM, #13
Reply RE: Well that was quite a ride..., Balete (Anonymous), 02-Sep-12 12:20 PM, #6
Reply RE: Well that was quite a ride..., Amaranthe, 03-Sep-12 06:28 PM, #7
Reply It's all good m'lady..., Balta, 03-Sep-12 09:06 PM, #9
     Reply Friggin IPhone n/t, Balta, 03-Sep-12 09:08 PM, #10
Reply You were one of my favorite outlanders of all time., Ziruanja (Anonymous), 03-Sep-12 08:06 PM, #8
Reply Yeah..., Balta, 03-Sep-12 09:13 PM, #11
Reply Jeez, not even a month and everyone forgets about you., Nythos (Anonymous), 03-Sep-12 11:06 PM, #14
Reply Holy ####, how could I have forgotten Nythos!?!?!, Balta, 04-Sep-12 07:38 PM, #17
Reply ####, did I miss out on the suicide pact memo?, Bell (NOT Oryntohr), 04-Sep-12 05:32 PM, #15
Reply Oryn!, Balta, 04-Sep-12 07:39 PM, #18
Reply RE: Well that was quite a ride..., Brindlebum (Anonymous), 04-Sep-12 06:58 PM, #16
     Reply Yeah.. Yeah..., Balta, 04-Sep-12 07:40 PM, #19
          Reply RE: Yeah.. Yeah..., James A Flatt (Anonymous), 10-Sep-12 09:41 PM, #21
Reply You should have stayed around., Haphellna (Anonymous), 01-Sep-12 10:20 AM, #1
     Reply Wish I could have seen it out now.., Balta, 03-Sep-12 09:15 PM, #12

Mylene (Anonymous)Wed 05-Sep-12 03:08 PM
Charter member
#110766, "It's all about the plans!"
In response to Reply #0

I loved travelling with you when I could, you were fun to have around and I think our humour played well together. I felt bad when I had you stunned at the huntress helping (scion I think) retrieve and you perished, then again I don't think we would have been able to retrieve with you nuking us into oblivion.

It was really nice to see someone who isn't as bloodthirsty but can bring a world of hurt when it was needed.

Thank you for the interactions.

--Mylene

BaltaSat 01-Sep-12 10:42 AM
Member since 05th Apr 2011
166 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#110705, "Well that was quite a ride..."
In response to Reply #0

I initially rolled Cgadi so I could dip my feet in Amaranthe's religion when she sent out that note before summer started.. I spoke with her quite a bit as a hero imm but never had a chance to be a follower.. so I can now scratch that off the list.. it was just a bit unfortunate that our times rarely ever match up. Once again went outlander because it is the best cabal ever.. I really tried to develop a role that was more support oriented.. so I passed on ALOT of pks.. simply because I could not justify going for em. I would say out of all my meager pks 90% of them were all direct enemies of outlander.

Never really hit my PK groove with this one... for starters I could never keep people from fleeing.. even if I utilized quicksand, that was bit discouraging..

In general with the Invoker class, this was my second I think possibly my third, but this was definately the first one I have ever really gotten into.. I learned SO much about the class with this character.. I would easily roll another one without any second thoughts even doing seven paths.. I learned so many tips and tricks for practicing the spells that not of it seemed like a chore at all. I also learned what are the best spells to use in general and in certain situations although I feel there is probably still a bit I could yet master... maybe next time..

If you were one of the ones who fell in battle to me, I rarely if ever took anything, but I would under normal circumstances sacrifice all your coin because I think all outties should do that...

Some goodbyes.. but I am horrid with names so will only do a few specific and a bunch of general.. if you reply I will as well.

Outlanders: What can I say.. has been and always will be my "home" cabal in the game.. always feel so comfortable with the RP and what not.

Balete : Thank you, thank you, thank you.. You taught me the most of the invoker class and for that I am very grateful.. although I think we kind of helped each other since I had such an easy barrier source.

Oryn: Man, didn't I induct you as Balta!?!
Was nice to play alongside of you once again.. you have come such a long way with this char.. just wished we could have seen you more.

Tulay: Was just starting to get to know you.. keep up the good work!

Drea: Same with you.. you go for it Sunwarden!

Xasivus: can you believe you are going to out live me!?!? You sure can burn through some CON points.. but keep it up.. You were definately my oldest friend.. I think we met each other in the past FON in mid teens? fun times...

Tribunal: Weren't too many of you on for most of my life.. ya'll were a powerhouse when I first rolled Cgadi... but it seems the pendulum swung and for awhile it wasn't very fun because I didn't see many of you..

Ziruanja: I really like you role.. I imagine we shall never be able to go take a walk in the wilds together now.. I also liked the fact that you stuck to your role.. I cannot ever think of a time I was on and you raided for the fetish.. I tried to give you a little off time as well hence why I did not always come to get the scales when you were awake.. the whole " a time for everything" RP..

Nexus: This is the first char I have had where I didn't hunt the nexans down like rabid dogs.. It was interesting to say the least.. all of you I have met are stand up guys...

Iklahn: My old friend.. we had some good times, and too be honest, the times when we did fight.. I was gunning for you some times... *shrug*

Empire: Most of ya'll were pretty darn cool.. We fought alot in my early life but the whole cabal has seemed to dwindle.. some notable's were Alannah, Kurbrawn, Julliane..

Village: I really did not want to fight any of you, and said it many times because Cgadi did not see any of you as trying to harm Thar-Eris.. some of you got it.. some didnt..

Salyeris and Kelarin: Thanks for taking the times to speak with me back when I was on that quest to gain Amaranthe's Tat... Much appreciated.

Tanion was cool to cgadi as well..

Amaranthe: You are an awesome imm.. glad I finally got to do a follower of yours.. I just wished I could have gotten to see you and RP a bit more.

Brindelbum: Got to save the best for last right? Man we had some good times.. from us tearing down the tower of trothon together, to us raiding the palace and spire together Im glad you decided to come over to the dark side with me for a night... For a brief moment.. I actually thought I might be able to get you to join the tree!! You will be missed the most... oh yea.. Are you from the Isle?

Outlander is still really strong, I didn't log on and see many people I could try and PK.. I ended up with a pretty sick set.. so towards the end it got VERY, VERY boring.. I would log in.. gather some preps.. stop by Amaranthe's shrine looking for her.. go grab the codex or the scales or both.. sometimes the scepter.. and now and then was lucky enough to see an enemy log on... After taking a three day break due to hurricane Issac.. I realized.. I did not miss playing Cgadi.. that was what really opened my eyes to the fact it is time to move on and play something else.. I only play one char at a time, so it would not be possible with Cgadi still active..

If any are curious... the only imm loving I really got was a title and a tat, a total of I think 2800 imm exp for my role...

Once I built up my set and was rocking the troll amulet + stoneform.. with my shields and ABS no one was going to kill me unless I stayed too long or did something stupid.. sometimes I would also throw on protect from good/evil and protection from ethos... It is pretty sick how little damage an invoker can take when fully preped with everything available..

I am sure I will be back soon with something else.. for now.. I have a big backyard to clean up with fallen branches and leaves from the storm.. I think that alone will keep me busy for the next 3 or 4 days

Adios!

Balta

Iklahn (Anonymous)Sat 01-Sep-12 12:41 PM
Charter member
#110707, "Heh, I was a fan of Cgadi"
In response to Reply #2

And I am always under the impression that I wear a big ass bullseye in any sort of group fight. I am kind of surprised that you didn't kill me more in a lot of those chaotic ass skirmishes at the Tree. I am glad that you had such an enjoyable time as the character. Good luck with your next, and perhaps come give Nexus a shot if you haven't before =).

BaltaSat 01-Sep-12 12:58 PM
166 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#110708, "Yup done nexus twice..."
In response to Reply #3

the first time was right after it was brought back.. I was the second Meter of Mind.. a shifter named Geranim.. back when Nanorab was the Rhyme..

then not long after that I did a failed felar bedouin savage... cant remember his name..

who knows.. maybe it is time to try it again? *wink*

Ezgrint (Anonymous)Sat 01-Sep-12 07:00 PM
Charter member
#110710, "RE: Well that was quite a ride..."
In response to Reply #2

FYI, I absolutely remembered you from my youth.

I was just trying to play dumb with Ezgrint since I struggle making Ezgrint act stupid sometimes, and I'm really trying to play a fire giant instead of human in a giant suit. I was really excited to fight you for a few reasons:

1) When I was ranking up, older tribs/imperials would basically talk about you/balete in hushed tones and I was curious to see what the hype was about.

2) I was excited for some enemy rp, which although short, was as sexy as I hoped. You make an excellent foe and are a joy to interact with. I thoroughly enjoyed our post-combat rp session.

I'm sorry it went down the way it did, re: your death. I mean, it was a trap, and I'm glad it worked...but I really didn't want you to delete.

I interacted a lot with Balta on one or my more recent characters and I'm glad to see you're making characters still and immland didn't bum you out.

BaltaMon 03-Sep-12 09:21 PM
166 posts
#110745, "Right on.."
In response to Reply #5

You frustrated me so many times when
you were younger and came to retrieve..

Yeah, I shielded the huntress but beyond that
and one cabal power, there was little that could be
done.

I also looked forward to more fights with you..
But honestly, with our builds.. We would have to be
doing something very stupid or careless to fall..

I was careless in our last match up.. Instead of being
do focused on you two, I should have just killed the
centurions quick to make fleeing easier..

:$

But as I said, I was waiting for something like this to happen..

= gear circulation!

I'll be back with something soon..

Balete (Anonymous)Sun 02-Sep-12 12:20 PM
Charter member
#110715, "RE: Well that was quite a ride..."
In response to Reply #2

Heh. Balete remember when you first pledged the tree, feathers still not fully formed. Enjoyed showing you some tips and tricks and also enjoyed the free rods. Will miss having another hero invoker in the tree.

as a side note I just got back from Issac induced black out too and seeing a few familiar faces go made for a sad panda

AmarantheMon 03-Sep-12 06:27 PM
Member since 17th Mar 2003
536 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#110733, "RE: Well that was quite a ride..."
In response to Reply #2
Edited on Mon 03-Sep-12 06:28 PM

Glad you had fun, and sorry that you didn't get as much love as you wanted/deserved. I actually did have it on deck you give you something additional, mostly for consistency and stick-to-it-edness than for inspiring roleplay. I did snoop you quite regularly and I can say I never saw anything even remotely negative/disappointing from you in terms of RP or actions - but I really rarely saw anything inspiring, either. I honestly hesitate to criticize - because even seeing a player consistently stay on-task is rarer than you'd think, but in the interest of being constructive... I would have loved to see more inspiring RP, particularly RP related to your race (I had to keep reminding myself you were arial!)

Also, our times actually did match up more than you think (not great, but more than I let on). I often I try to immteract opportunistically instead of responding to prayers - I feel it's more fun that way, but I would snoop - never saw any opportunities to jump in on that. Whether just coincidental or not, I don't know. Having you talk to other mortals about religion concepts and history was a way to try to push you to engage with other characters on a deeper level. I think on some level it worked, because the snoops I saw after that were much more engaging.

Also, I sensed you were disappointed about not getting Harbinger, as it seemed like you would, at the time, be the default choice. You should know I'd been after Oryntohr to be Harbinger for a while (in RL time, that guy is older than dirt), and (for good reason) he was never willing to commit before that go-around. So, I was eager to put him in that position. Also, it was noted your tenancy at the time to play a big support role with Grafacut, and Outlander was at that point had gotten such an out-of-control evil bent, I wanted someone more strictly and independently neutral insofar as being detached from the evil branch of the cabal during a time when it existed as an overwhelming cabal majority.

Anyways, glad you tried out an Amaranthite even if it wasn't ideal this go around. I did enjoy having an opportunity to really RP the idea of eco-magic, something I don't recall having the opportunity to as fully RP out with since Alynana (and that was in 2004!)

BaltaMon 03-Sep-12 09:06 PM
166 posts
#110741, "It's all good m'lady..."
In response to Reply #7

I really did have trouble sinking my teeth into this role
from the get go.. But know your interactions helped me get going..
As far as the imm loving... I was not complaining, merely letting people
know what I received.. But for what it is worth.. I would have taken
one or two more immteractions from you over any reward. Besides slay..

At the least.. I want you to know.. All of us want you to stay atleast
semi-active.. Don't leave us Mommaranthe.. I want to know in the
future.. When I come up with a kick ass coven role that we will still
have your religion there to follow. I truly loved the different facets of it.
Even having spoken to you as a hero imm, sometimes thoughts cannot
be truly conveyed until one can experience it. I'll
be back

BaltaMon 03-Sep-12 09:08 PM
166 posts
#110742, "Friggin IPhone n/t"
In response to Reply #9

Ziruanja (Anonymous)Mon 03-Sep-12 08:06 PM
Charter member
#110737, "You were one of my favorite outlanders of all time."
In response to Reply #2

Seriously old-school, I remember it being you, Balete and Grafacut who broke me in. We had some good talks and there was definitely a specific reason I rarely came to the Tree when you were on. I think there was a semblence of a distant kinship between us. Good luck with your next.

BaltaMon 03-Sep-12 09:13 PM
166 posts
#110743, "Yeah..."
In response to Reply #8

This was a big jump for me, hate to say it but....

Normally, I would have been gunning for you.

I have always preached to other outlanders about
judging other chars, specifically paladins, by their actions.

This is the first time I can think that I truly did it.

Ziruanja kicks ass too.

See you in the fields!

Nythos (Anonymous)Mon 03-Sep-12 11:06 PM
Charter member
#110747, "Jeez, not even a month and everyone forgets about you."
In response to Reply #2

Not to mention the fact that we both missed out on Harbinger together *fistshake seasonal race timeframe*, found the Mommaranthe groove together, PK'd together, yelled at good and evil Outlanders together...am I missing anything?

Unsurprising in hindsight that you were Balta, the general level of reasonable ability and fair play. Though it does make me laugh a bit more at Cgadi's talk with Nythos over wondering if you were doing the religion thing right. Hopefully see you back soon enough, don't ever discount the value well-played mortal characters bring to CF.

BaltaTue 04-Sep-12 07:38 PM
166 posts
#110755, "Holy ####, how could I have forgotten Nythos!?!?!"
In response to Reply #14

No, you pretty much covered it all.. I remember a couple times being outgunned by either trib or empire.. then I would see you log on.. and I remember thinking to myself.. hell yeah.. Me and Nythos.. we are about to bring the smack down on em!

and .. well you were inked and titled up before me.. so I had to throw out my thoughts on the religion and see what you thought of em to make sure I was on the right track...

Good luck with your hero imm project.. hopefully they didnt give you the heroimm killer area that took down me

Hope to see you as a full fledged, smiting, globaling IMM soon!

Bell (NOT Oryntohr)Tue 04-Sep-12 05:32 PM
Charter member
#110751, "####, did I miss out on the suicide pact memo?"
In response to Reply #2

Great char from what (unfortunately) little I saw. I really feel like I just scratched the surface with Cgadi, which is a shame, because there seemed to be a lot of coolness going on. But, I thought I had more time, bc you told me you were gonna age die, sucka! Anywho, I'm always sad to see a voker go, moreso when it's a cool one, which I think Cgadi was.

GLWYN

BaltaTue 04-Sep-12 07:39 PM
166 posts
#110756, "Oryn!"
In response to Reply #15

Yes.. well.. originally I did plan to age die.. but as I said.. after three days away and I could honestly say I didn't miss playing.. I knew it was time to pull the plug...

And may I say.. I think your whole concept and RP has picked up several notches since I played Balta... Kudos.. and had anyone else but you been made Harbinger.. I may have been a little mad

Brindlebum (Anonymous)Tue 04-Sep-12 06:58 PM
Charter member
#110753, "RE: Well that was quite a ride..."
In response to Reply #2

By far my most favoritest charbroiler ever.....and no Im of my own island Its called the land of the bad asses and your quite welcome there. Its gettin down to the nitty grity in my generation, and I plan on continuin to make many friends, and spread the badassness Cgadi, you were like my mother from a flying brother. I cant wait to see a hint of you again! We owned Trothon and everywhere else we went!

BaltaTue 04-Sep-12 07:40 PM
166 posts
#110757, "Yeah.. Yeah..."
In response to Reply #16

I can say I have the most fun playing alongside you, then ever in my CF career.. I am really interested to know who the hell you are...

I think this is the first outlander I ever went to the inn with to.. Interact with other people!?!?!?!

And too bad you had to shove me down in front of the dragon so you could try to make an escape.. I think we would have stood a shot! *wink*

James A Flatt (Anonymous)Mon 10-Sep-12 09:41 PM
Charter member
#110839, "RE: Yeah.. Yeah..."
In response to Reply #19

I remember playing a similar character with you as Balta...put it that way!

Haphellna (Anonymous)Sat 01-Sep-12 10:20 AM
Charter member
#110704, "You should have stayed around."
In response to Reply #0

I think some potentially interesting thing could have been unfolded in the months to come in terms of RP and PK. I was hoping to have gotten a chance to interact with you.

An unfortunate event, indeed!

BaltaMon 03-Sep-12 09:15 PM
166 posts
#110744, "Wish I could have seen it out now.."
In response to Reply #1

We never spoke really, but I saw you as the heretic..

Want to say I tried asking you what it was about but I think you
were in form?

Keep it up!

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #110701 Previous topic | Next topic