Subject: "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Nenvell Jenesen the Champion of th..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #109828
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 17-Jul-12 10:56 AM
Member since 29th Sep 2024
17191 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#109828, "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Nenvell Jenesen the Champion of the Virtues"

Tue Jul 17 08:55:17 2012

At 3 o'clock AM, Day of the Great Gods, 12th of the Month of the Heat
on the Theran calendar Nenvell perished, never to return.

Race:half-elf
Class:paladin
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:209

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Some quick thoughts, Fjarn, 17-Jul-12 10:23 PM, #15
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Nenvell Jenesen the Champion o..., Alannah (Anonymous), 17-Jul-12 06:45 PM, #6
Reply Co-Sign. I have a whole log of him not talking., Dallanthar/ Mulhaen (Anonymous), 17-Jul-12 06:51 PM, #8
Reply You had your moments., kycalbrum. (Anonymous), 17-Jul-12 11:36 AM, #2
Reply They were all bad moments with two of my characters., Mulhaen/Dallanthar (Anonymous), 17-Jul-12 11:38 AM, #3
     Reply It's arsehole day., Mulhaen Muldoon (Anonymous), 17-Jul-12 11:53 AM, #4
          Reply The interaction in this log is very abrasive on both si..., NoobAgain, 17-Jul-12 04:15 PM, #5
          Reply Except one is IC Aaaaaand...., Mulhaen/ Dallanthar (Anonymous), 17-Jul-12 06:49 PM, #7
          Reply What?, Tsunami, 17-Jul-12 07:49 PM, #9
          Reply I know, and anyone who interacted with him knew., Mulhaen (Anonymous), 17-Jul-12 10:03 PM, #13
               Reply Ok Mr. Anonymous, Tsunami, 17-Jul-12 11:22 PM, #16
          Reply Was Dallanthar an elf invoker Trib? n/t, Lhydia, 18-Jul-12 05:00 AM, #17
          Reply Cosign, Daevryn, 17-Jul-12 08:10 PM, #10
               Reply Except that..., Mulhaen (Anonymous), 17-Jul-12 10:01 PM, #12
                    Reply You sound like Pro, Knac, 17-Jul-12 10:04 PM, #14
                    Reply That isn't how you use the word equivocate. nt, Artificial, 18-Jul-12 06:24 AM, #18
                    Reply RE: Except that..., Daevryn, 18-Jul-12 08:37 AM, #19
                    Reply RE: Except that..., Malakhi, 18-Jul-12 09:17 AM, #20
          Reply RE: It's arsehole day., Graatch, 17-Jul-12 08:26 PM, #11
          Reply Oh Pro. NT, TMNS, 18-Jul-12 07:28 PM, #21
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Nenvell Jenesen the Champion o..., Rayihn, 17-Jul-12 11:11 AM, #1
     Reply Then why, and I'm NOT trying to be a #### here, was he ..., Vladamir, 22-Jul-12 05:19 PM, #22
          Reply RE: Then why, and I'm NOT trying to be a #### here, was..., Rayihn, 22-Jul-12 05:38 PM, #23

FjarnTue 17-Jul-12 10:23 PM
Member since 03rd Jun 2008
173 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#109856, "Some quick thoughts"
In response to Reply #0

The good - I thought Nenvell generally roleplayed well, and you genuinely wanted to learn the religion. I think you missed a lot of the undertones of our talks, but the times I watched you, you were typically communicating with a number of different people, staying in character, and just generally mixing it up and roleplaying well.

The "needs improvement" - You made a lot of assumptions about my interactions with you that were incorrect, and it colored your interactions with me. I spoke with you as a mob in the shrine, and then you prayed to thank "whoever it was that covered for Fjarn since he didn't show" or something.

I started feeling like you were overly needy, especially when you prayed to recommend that I be listed as dormant so no other priests "have to go through this." This is after full empowerment, several one-on-one interactions, and a virtue - "Faith" (hint, hint).

So I know things didn't go the way you thought they should. Part of that is just how my religion works. But part of it was due to how entitled you seemed to be. I tried to get that across during our last conversation without being blunt, but I don't think it stuck.

Thanks for playing a Fjarnie though, I did enjoy things overall. Best of luck with your next one.

Alannah (Anonymous)Tue 17-Jul-12 06:45 PM
Charter member
#109846, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Nenvell Jenesen the Champion o..."
In response to Reply #0

So, positives - you were a pain in the butt, retrieving, etc. Rather stoic in that. Negatives - you dropped a near full loot, and then wouldn't speak afterwards. I don't mind the lost gear as much as the lack of any real attempt to interact after the fact. In my mind, PK and number-crunching have their place, but it's a ROLE-PLAYING game, and it's hard to role-play without someone on the other side to play with. That left a bad taste in my mouth there.

BTW, so far, that's the only full-loot in the life of an otherwise eventful character. Not to say it'll be the last, but still a notable occurrence.

GLWYN.

Dallanthar/ Mulhaen (Anonymous)Tue 17-Jul-12 06:51 PM
Charter member
#109848, "Co-Sign. I have a whole log of him not talking."
In response to Reply #6

When questioned by a Magistrate after a crime.

Horrible. Glad he's gone, sad he'll be back.

kycalbrum. (Anonymous)Tue 17-Jul-12 11:36 AM
Charter member
#109831, "You had your moments."
In response to Reply #0

Either from pure awesome to giving me a bit of a headache. Can I just say that you should try to keep your OOC feelings OOC and allow your character to have his own feelings on things? From what I have seen your getting better but your really cutting yourself short with some of the things you do.

Mulhaen/Dallanthar (Anonymous)Tue 17-Jul-12 11:38 AM
Charter member
#109832, "They were all bad moments with two of my characters."
In response to Reply #2

Glad to see you're gone. Hope you don't play anything like this again. Or, baring that, I hope you don't play.

Mulhaen Muldoon (Anonymous)Tue 17-Jul-12 11:53 AM
Charter member
#109833, "It's arsehole day."
In response to Reply #3

(PK) Mulhaen Along the Eastern Road
Nenvell Along the Eastern Road
(PK) a silverback gorilla Along the Eastern Road

You tell Nenvell 'Where was ye
fightin that gorrila?'

Nenvell tells you 'What?'

You tell Nenvell 'Same questions.'

Nenvell tells you 'Who are you?'

Nenvell tells you 'Have we met?'

You tell Nenvell 'Mulhaen Muldoon!
I'll let ye know once the blind ness has passed.'

Nenvell tells you 'blindness?'

You tell Nenvell 'Are ye blind, er
just an arshole?'

Nenvell tells you 'I think I've had enough of you Mulhaen. Good day.'

You tell Nenvell 'fark ye too fer
makin a simple question a chore.'

You tell Iklahn 'Aye. I appreciate
it. I'm no match fer any one o them, let alone a back.'

You tell Iklahn 'They each's rolled
me at least once.'

You tell Iklahn 'Fyett still about?'

Iklahn tells you 'Fyett, Cgadi and Xasivus.'

Iklahn tells you 'Pejji as well.'

Xafre: Greetings!

You tell Iklahn 'Bah. No way I can
stand up ter Cgadi.'

Mulhaen: How are ye Xafre?

Iklahn tells you 'There are few who can with that one.'

Mulhaen: Outlanders be
havin the scales. Pejji, Cgadie, Xasivus and Fyett.

Mulhaen: Iklahn's messin
with'em but I'm out of it. Waitin fer a better time.

Nenvell tells you 'You're a very disturbed dwarf, Mulhaen, and I'm sorry for you.
But add to that a liar, and it makes it very upsetting. I don't know why you do
it, but I hope you change.'

Mulhaen: Kirmen were
helpin them.

Xafre: I will strike!

Xafre smiles happily.

You tell Nenvell 'How is I a liar?'

Xafre says 'Greetings!'

You smile happily.

You say 'How is ye?'

Xafre says 'I strike, but you don't engage.'

You say 'What?'
Xafre says 'Very well thanks.'

Xafre says 'You don't come to assist. I have means of running out of combat, so I
have some luck.'

You tell Nenvell 'Uhm.. Do ye know
what a lie is then? I asked ye whar ye were fgightin it. Ye got off all haff
cocked. I thought ye was blind butt ye were just bein a jerk. I seen ye on the
Eastern Road an I seen the Gorilla too. I thought ye might be fightin.'

Xafre says 'Not sure if I survive though.'

Nenvell tells you 'I wasn't fighting an ygorilla Mulhaen, as I said. '

You tell Nenvell 'So kindly go fark
yerself.'

Nenvell tells you 'And we've never met, never spoken, never seen eachother, and
you don't even introduce yourself or say hello, just a question out of air.'

You tell Nenvell 'I asked ye and ye
says to me, quoate, "Who are you".'

Nenvell tells you 'I think you've got problems Mulhaen. If I can help fix them
for you one day, I'd be glad to.'

You tell Nenvell 'So I telled ye.'

You tell Nenvell 'Oh shut up ye
farkin moron.'

Nenvell tells you 'Like I said, a very disturbed dwarf. I hope you get better.'

ignore Nenvell
You can't ignore someone you
talked to so recently.

pray Farkin ####. it must be arsehole
day.

NoobAgainTue 17-Jul-12 04:15 PM
Member since 01st Mar 2007
411 posts
#109843, "The interaction in this log is very abrasive on both si..."
In response to Reply #4

nt

Mulhaen/ Dallanthar (Anonymous)Tue 17-Jul-12 06:49 PM
Charter member
#109847, "Except one is IC Aaaaaand...."
In response to Reply #5

Nenvell wigged out in similar fashion on Dallanthar.

If you are a bigger RP Nazi than I am, you are just wrong.

TsunamiTue 17-Jul-12 07:49 PM
Member since 25th Mar 2008
1509 posts
#109849, "What?"
In response to Reply #7

How do you know he wasn't IC too? You can roleplay an abrasive personality but he can't?

Mulhaen (Anonymous)Tue 17-Jul-12 10:03 PM
Charter member
#109854, "I know, and anyone who interacted with him knew."
In response to Reply #9

As evidence by other posters.

I'm sure you'll bust out some long dissertation to be the devils advocate that you are.

Save it.

TsunamiTue 17-Jul-12 11:22 PM
Member since 25th Mar 2008
1509 posts
#109859, "Ok Mr. Anonymous"
In response to Reply #13

No long dissertation needed. Nothing in that log depicts anything OOC. Everything in that log shows two characters being snotty towards each other.

Feel free to use your own argument to assert that. "As evidence by others posters." Since that apparently is evidence of anything at all.

LhydiaWed 18-Jul-12 05:00 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
2390 posts
#109863, "Was Dallanthar an elf invoker Trib? n/t"
In response to Reply #7

gr

DaevrynTue 17-Jul-12 08:10 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#109850, "Cosign"
In response to Reply #5

Based on this log I would go out of my way to avoid interacting with either of these characters.

Which, maybe is what either or both of you were going for.

Mulhaen (Anonymous)Tue 17-Jul-12 10:01 PM
Charter member
#109853, "Except that..."
In response to Reply #10

As I and others have said. This guys was a douche where as Mulhaen was generally liked and accepted.

And I, as Dallanthar, had this guy wig out and call me a lying Dark-elf. See the pattern?

He calls Mulhaen a liar out of context, and Dallanthar a liar out of context. It's as if he doesn't even understand what the word liar means.

Way to equivocate.

KnacTue 17-Jul-12 10:04 PM
Member since 07th May 2010
202 posts
#109855, "You sound like Pro"
In response to Reply #12

Extremely defensive. The log itself shows that both characters are crap.

And noticed that I said 'the log itself' and Daevryn said 'Based on the log'

Didn't interact with either characters, but I'd have to concur with Daevryn. Based on the log, I wouldn't want to interact with either characters besides pking both.

ArtificialWed 18-Jul-12 06:24 AM
Member since 22nd Apr 2008
1180 posts
#109864, "That isn't how you use the word equivocate. nt"
In response to Reply #12

nt

DaevrynWed 18-Jul-12 08:37 AM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#109865, "RE: Except that..."
In response to Reply #12

> See the pattern?

Technically, the common denominators in him freaking out on both of your characters was him, and you.

Maybe you're both super cool when you're not dealing with each other. Maybe one of you is and the other isn't. But, based on this log what I said stands -- in it, you both seem thoroughly unpleasant.

I think it's fine to play a character who's angry or surly or bitchy or pushy or racist or whatever undesirable character trait you like -- but, if other people are bitchy back or if they go out of their way to not interact with you, that doesn't mean that they're not roleplaying, either.

MalakhiWed 18-Jul-12 08:42 AM
Member since 12th Dec 2009
367 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#109866, "RE: Except that..."
In response to Reply #12
Edited on Wed 18-Jul-12 09:17 AM

You were a good aligned character that cursed out another good align character repeatedly and then tried to use ignore after your final cuss-out.

Unless you were role playing a 15 year old punk kid, I don't see how this is the high water mark for RP. I don't see why you think someone should have to sit there and listen to you spit out foul language, and just take it. What you did was called abuse, and this is the first time I've seen a log justifying the ignore cool-down.

I would have been pissed off to get the first abusive tell from you, let alone the five or so more that followed. I don't think CF should be a place where you can freely make the environment uncomfortable for other players by cussing them out and telling them to go #### themselves. That is what PK -- and Dio's -- is for.

GraatchTue 17-Jul-12 08:26 PM
Member since 14th Apr 2010
167 posts
#109851, "RE: It's arsehole day."
In response to Reply #4

Did you edit this log? Because unless you didn't why do you even think let alone know that the gorilla and nenvell were fighting? You see people on eastern road, one of whom is in your pk range and the other not and you assume they're fighting? I don't know any of these three but just that alone makes this preposterous. Also, is there only one gorilla in the game? Are they even in pk range, even though you're not? Maybe one's dead? Did you hear any yells?

Neither of you sound particularly fun to play with but either you edited quite a bit out or you're making a lot of assumptions.

TMNSWed 18-Jul-12 07:28 PM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#109874, "Oh Pro. NT"
In response to Reply #4

NT

RayihnTue 17-Jul-12 11:11 AM
Member since 08th Oct 2006
1147 posts
#109829, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Nenvell Jenesen the Champion o..."
In response to Reply #0

You do not win my Favorite Fortie Of the Year Award.

Gah.

VladamirSun 22-Jul-12 05:19 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#109906, "Then why, and I'm NOT trying to be a #### here, was he ..."
In response to Reply #1

I mean, I know number of kills and aggressiveness plays some part in it, but I remember logging my Fort character in, and seeing that he was a Maran so soon after his induction. I also remember thinking to myself "That was fast". Then I started going through my memories of Nenvell. I spent a fair amount of time around him in his younger days as an applicant, and thinking to myself "This guys demeanor is going to hold him back" when he wants to get Maran. Then I saw him once as a Squire. The next time I see him, he's a full Maran. Nothing in my memories of the character, aside from his aggressiveness, made me think he was really ready to be a Maran.

Obviously you saw something I didn't, since he got promoted. I would genuinely like to know what, because I tried very hard to like this character and I would still like to. If something you saw made you like him enough to promote him, maybe it would be something that would click in my head the switch that would allow ME to go "Hey that's right. Now I feel better about the way he made me feel at the time".

RayihnSun 22-Jul-12 05:38 PM
Member since 08th Oct 2006
1147 posts
#109907, "RE: Then why, and I'm NOT trying to be a #### here, was..."
In response to Reply #22

He'd been in the cabal for 100 hours, he had I think over 20 evil pks. He seemed to RP well at the beginning, but when he got bitter about neutrals he really fell off the RP wagon. I actually was going to un-maran him if I saw him do something shady again.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #109828 Previous topic | Next topic